Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Peanut President posted:

Anytime I see a headline written as a question I imagine this:

I love that cover because a Christian woman I know, who knew a very zealous Creationist, bought him that magazine upon reading only the cover. She naively assumed that he would be delighted that such a public, secular journal would be asking the same "big questions" he asked in his crusade against all things evolution.

Of course, upon opening it skeptically, he was greeted by basically a big gently caress YOU.

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Interestingly, we seem to be entering an age in which this is no longer necessarily true. Zizek refers to this as a state of "Groucho Marx authoritarianism," where the individual citizen is imbued with seemingly "limitless" rights to attack their leaders - the right to criticize their leaders in a public arena, the right to post nasty things on the Internet, etc. - which may, in fact, end up being encouraged. This is because the right to criticize no longer holds any real political power in the era of mass media control, so that the only time the state feels inclined to act against its citizens is when an attempt is made to seize real political power.

John Grierson, the head of the National Film Board of Canada during World War II. He was essentially the father of the modern Western documentary, and one of the first few government-affiliated individuals (alongside Joseph Goebbels) to realize the potential of modern media in shaping public opinion. I'm always curious what he would have thought about the modern media apparatus - it's certainly a vindication of his beliefs, though in a decidedly different direction than what he had hoped it would be used for (as he was a dedicated social democrat in all but name throughout most of his life).

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Earth posted:

And what of these accusations are true? Honestly curious here.

"By the way, may I remind you that in some nations of the West, it is actually illegal to doubt Jewish lies like these and one can be fined and imprisoned for doing so. That brings to mind the maxim that I stated several years ago: If you want to know the identity of the real rulers of your society, merely ask yourself this question: Who is it that I am not permitted to criticize?"

-Kevin Strom, Neo-Nazi, Fascist, Racist, convicted pedophile

Voltaire never said that quote, and it appears to be a misattribution that got mangled into a "Voltaire" quote.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"2 pound blunt for 4/20/2013 Festival got confiscated by police"

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

Earth fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 18, 2014

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Earth posted:

I learned something today. Thanks!

I tell you what!

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Happy birthday, Lenin :toot:

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2cs8QLnxlU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExXDxpBFFR0 (part two)

Happy Lenin birthday, parasites comrades.

e:f;b

advokat fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 22, 2013

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Portuguese anarchist journal from 1888, sending a message of respect for the Chicago martyrs of the 11th November 1887, focusing the edition on a biography of all the eight men who were hanged.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Strong Female
Jul 27, 2010

I don't think you've been paying attention

Where can I get this? :allears:

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/22/steubenvilles_football_coach_gets_two_year_contract_extension/

:smith:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Strong Female posted:

Where can I get this? :allears:

boop

So the rain in michigan has been pretty bad.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Lord Lambeth posted:

boop

So the rain in michigan has been pretty bad.

"Are you guys open?"

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Official post by NOM

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Americans don't have Kinder surprise :aaa:

"Culture and trade - honorable work!"

"A celebration in honor of the Red Army taking place at Royal Albert Hall in London, 1943"

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

ekuNNN posted:

Americans don't have Kinder surprise :aaa:

Yes we do...you just have to know where to find them :ninja:

whoops content:

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 23, 2013

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I wanna say I've bought Kindereier in America but I totally haven't. Just the chocolate bars they make. Death to America!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCTegCERbEY

Edit: I am an idiot. Enjoy your Kinder Surprise!

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...Q9QEwBA&dur=520

Shbobdb fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 23, 2013

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

PainterofCrap posted:

The Prohibition helped make the Mafia. The War on Drugs built up the Central and South American drug cartels. Just imagine what kind of Black Market criminal organization is being built up around Kinder Eggs.

WILL WE NEVER LEARN FROM HISTORY?

Whoopsie

KittenofDoom fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 24, 2013

Mister Panos
Jan 26, 2011

KittenofDoom posted:

Learn from history and post a picture

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Mechanical Bunny Rabbits!
Dinosaur Gum
In Portland we have artisinal hand-crafted Kinder Eggs with French ceramic figures. Viva la revolution.

Fender fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 23, 2013

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

ekuNNN posted:

"2 pound blunt for 4/20/2013 Festival got confiscated by police"

It's actually 2.5 pounds. :ninja: The guy in the picture is in my econ class and the guy shooting the video going around online is my friend. Both have 4.0's and are actually great students. I find the whole thing hilarious and am one of those people who think it should have never been confiscated, because if you know UC Santa Cruz's Meadow on 4/20, well, gently caress the police, etc.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

PainterofCrap posted:

Shbobdb posted:

I wanna say I've bought Kindereier in America but I totally haven't. Just the chocolate bars they make. Death to America!

KittenofDoom posted:

The Prohibition helped make the Mafia. The War on Drugs built up the Central and South American drug cartels. Just imagine what kind of Black Market criminal organization is being built up around Kinder Eggs.

Sweet--three probations in a row.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2013/04/10/176801719/two-centuries-of-energy-in-america-in-four-graphs

Sir John Falstaff fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 23, 2013

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
Haha, three people in a row didn't post pictures.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

ekuNNN posted:

Happy birthday, Lenin :toot:

I shared a Lenin pic on facebook and got to witness the crazy evangelical american friend argue with the crazy russian conspiracy nut friend. Who then posts this:

Oh facebook. :allears:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sir John Falstaff posted:

Sweet--three probations in a row.

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Haha, three people in a row didn't post pictures.

The jaws of my kinderegg trap are closing :getin:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
College Slice

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
College Slice

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Growth in government jobs during past recessions and the most recent.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
College Slice

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
College Slice

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

On May 2nd, new and more fakeproof Euro bills will be rolled out, gradually replacing the old ones. The process will begin with the 5€ bill, the lowest paper denomination (new one on the left).

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

System Metternich posted:

On May 2nd, new and more fakeproof Euro bills will be rolled out, gradually replacing the old ones. The process will begin with the 5€ bill, the lowest paper denomination (new one on the left).

That looks like a flipped watermark of this:

Right there in the left one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Rigged Death Trap posted:

That looks like a flipped watermark of this:

Right there in the left one.
It's supposed to be a watermark of Jesus, which shows how easy to fake it is. :haw:

Photoshop and currency detection algorithms.

• Locked thread