Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

It's the offseason, so I'm going a bit nuts:

I'm working division by division, kind of trying to make things look as good as possible for intra-division play. Thoughts, NFC South fans? v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Saints' all-blacks own, good socks too. Buccaneers lookin' Halloweeny but I actually like it more than the current. Might vote for more white on the orange jerseys though.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

SteelAngel2000 posted:

The Bengals helmets rule.

Until you turn six.

nerve posted:

Steelers and Browns, yeah

It's too bad that you all hate fun and have such terrible opinions.

LockHeart
Apr 8, 2005

I'll make Coach Haribo proud!

Borsche posted:

Ravens helmet would be a lot better if they replaced the Raven on the left side of the helmet with either: nothing, or the ravens maryland shield logo. Having the Raven with the flipped B looks mad weird on the wrong side.

My dream helmet would be red eyes on each side and a beak like eyeshield like in Gatchaman.

But, then again it's super impractical. Much like life.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Bengals helmets own hard y'all. Most helmets that aren't just a team's logo on the side generally own. Vikings, Rams, Bengals, all inhabitants of the own zone.

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

The only thing wrong with the Bengals helmet is literally everything else that isn't the Bengals helmet in the Bengals uniform.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

jordjevic posted:

I'm working division by division, kind of trying to make things look as good as possible for intra-division play. Thoughts, NFC South fans? v:shobon:v

I don't like Nike's version of the Old Gold color, but I do like the addition of the gold stripe to the black pants legs on that Saints all-black uniform.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

jordjevic posted:

I like them all, really. Falcons helmet stripe grew on me after looking at it for a minute, and I feel like the Bucs helmet needs a stripe of some sort.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

jordjevic posted:

For the Bucs:
I would lighten the orange a bit, this looks too close to the bengals

Maybe go with a solid black stripe on the legs for the white pants / solid white on the orange

I feel that Bucco Bruce really should have some red to him - maybe red hair + feather? Or just a red hat? Some depth is needed as it looks flat, particularly on the orange top

Maybe outline the numbers in red as well?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I still wish those fake all-white Saints uniforms were real but those all-black ones look alright too.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I like the Saints uniforms but I don't see them ditching the fleur de lis patch for it on a shield. If anything they'd switch back to the State of Louisiana outline or keep it the same.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

jordjevic posted:

I actually like all of these but agree with Ham, the Bucs look kinda halloweeny. Maybe if you used a more reddish color? I love the black helmet.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I would definitely be down with a blue Panthers helmet. Not every week, but as an alt it'd be fun.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

RumbleFish posted:

I would definitely be down with a blue Panthers helmet. Not every week, but as an alt it'd be fun.

I liked the black pants uniform last year.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

RumbleFish posted:

That's pretty much the only thing I didn't like about those mock-ups, but yeah if it was an alt sort of thing I could get on board. Having trouble thinking of teams that actually include off-color helmets in their alts, though (not counting throwbacks and stuff).

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid
I realized why I don't like The Bucs unis. They are Oregon State clones. Not that it I dislike OSU's uniforms, but for some reason the fact that they are so similar makes me not like the Bucs one as much.

And yet for some reason I like both Iowa's and the Steelers uniforms even if they are exactly the same.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.
The picture of the Jags uniform some time ago is (a replica of) the new jersey. For a refresher, here it is; http://imgur.com/X40TCPG

Per UniWatch, here's what they've told us;

1. The "JAGS" military-style crest has the head reversed so that it looks at the heart, to continue the military theme, since all patches on military uniforms face the heart.

2. To continue that theme, player last names are going to be on the jersey under the patch (presumably but unconfirmed, they'll also remain on the back).

3. In the picture that's leaked, you can see some shoulder designs beginning; these are said to be Falcons-esque, and mix in the colors of the team (black, gold, teal) with chrome.

4. The side panels will have some kind of design that continues onto the pants of the uniform (there's a hexagon pattern in the background of jaguars.com that could fit nicely there).

5. The helmet is two-tone, gold fading into black, and the logo will be larger than normal. UniWatch says to think the Boise State Pro Combat helmet, seen here: http://imgur.com/wazg1Lm

6. There will be an alternate home jersey in teal, the traditional home color of the Jaguars.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The Jags patch is really boring. The new logo is so over-detailed (I don't think I like it) and they just stuck it in a shape with some letters. Why not make the shield the basis of your logo and fit a Jaguar into that? Could be so much more interesting.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin
New teasers on the Vikings jerseys are being released today.

Closeup of the shoulderpad area

Numbers

Someone combined the previous jersey teasers via Photoshop

As expected, they are starting to look more and more like the throwbacks - which I really love. So glad they've ditched the party-time purple.

I'm really hoping for a matte helmet, like what the Gophers have.

pocket pool fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 18, 2013

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Here, have some fan ideas for the new Vikings uniforms collected by Uni Watch:

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/21015/uni-watch-readers-vikings-contest-results

I kinda like these ideas except for the horizontal stripe across the middle idea someone made

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

http://www.theuconnblog.com/2013/4/18/4239522/poll-are-uconns-new-football-helmets-the-worst-thing-ever-created-by

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

:stonk:

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

uh... That blue helmet actually looks really good, the white one needs improvement.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

thatguyclint posted:

The picture of the Jags uniform some time ago is (a replica of) the new jersey. For a refresher, here it is; http://imgur.com/X40TCPG

Per UniWatch, here's what they've told us;

1. The "JAGS" military-style crest has the head reversed so that it looks at the heart, to continue the military theme, since all patches on military uniforms face the heart.

2. To continue that theme, player last names are going to be on the jersey under the patch (presumably but unconfirmed, they'll also remain on the back).

3. In the picture that's leaked, you can see some shoulder designs beginning; these are said to be Falcons-esque, and mix in the colors of the team (black, gold, teal) with chrome.

4. The side panels will have some kind of design that continues onto the pants of the uniform (there's a hexagon pattern in the background of jaguars.com that could fit nicely there).

5. The helmet is two-tone, gold fading into black, and the logo will be larger than normal. UniWatch says to think the Boise State Pro Combat helmet, seen here: http://imgur.com/wazg1Lm

6. There will be an alternate home jersey in teal, the traditional home color of the Jaguars.

That sounds awful. Honestly, that could be the first complete Nike disaster so far.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

AsInHowe posted:

That sounds awful. Honestly, that could be the first complete Nike disaster so far.
Some parts of that just sound too busy too me. Especially the helmet.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

what if on the facemask it was like teeth instead of a facemask and they could add jaguar fur to the shoulderpads

nike prococombat hut hur hut hut

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Can't wait to see that Jags jersey. It's either going to be just kinda cool or hilariously awful looking. Lets go

edit: vvvvvv Those look like a modernized version of these awesome throwbacks.

I like it. Not as good as the throwback, but really, few jerseys are.

schweens fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 19, 2013

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Combining what the Vikings have revealed about their uniforms so far (all three from Sportslogos.net)

mcrosby posted:

I pieced the pieces together to get this. It's not perfect but it is what I think we can expect.

mattwillcox posted:

I worked up a flat model of what we may or may not have seen so far. The helmet is a complete guess at this point.

and

jlentz823 posted:

I like it. I think the white will have the "UCLA/LSU" stripes on white similar to the "traditional" look. We haven't seen anything from the helmet yet, other than being relatively sure the logo isn't changing

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It seems to me the perfect place to debut these uniforms would be during the actual draft when they give the uniform to the draftee.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I found a Nike Josh Cribbs jersey originally priced for 135, all nice and stitched up...selling for 35 dollars tonight.

Has anyone else found a deal that good before?

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
He's a free agent right? I can't imagine the demand for his jersey is that high.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
E: SA app doublepost magic

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Dirt Worshipper posted:

He's a free agent right? I can't imagine the demand for his jersey is that high.

Right. But I figure his status in Cleveland Sports history is pretty cemented, he's very well liked and respected in the community.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

FuzzySkinner posted:

I found a Nike Josh Cribbs jersey originally priced for 135, all nice and stitched up...selling for 35 dollars tonight.

Has anyone else found a deal that good before?

It's amazing what you can find in thrift stores sometimes. I've started a sort of jersey collection from what I find. I got a on field Oregon Ducks LaMichael James jersey for 5 bucks.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

Toussaint Louverture posted:

It seems to me the perfect place to debut these uniforms would be during the actual draft when they give the uniform to the draftee.

I think that's the Vikings' plan, they'll show people at the team draft party an hour early, though.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
super dope

just realized i object to this because it looks like the loving Flyers.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Hearing on twitter the Jags helmets are gonna be gold or some sort of yellow. Trying to find a pic.

Edit: I'm on my kindle but there's a pic here.

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 22, 2013

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Hearing on twitter the Jags helmets are gonna be gold or some sort of yellow. Trying to find a pic.

Edit: I'm on my kindle but there's a pic here.

That is going to look ridiculous with the teal.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

BlindSite posted:

That is going to look ridiculous with the teal.

If the Teal is an alternate jersey they may be allowed alternate helmets.

If not, it's going to make eyes bleed around the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/jaguars/status/326753094954270720/photo/1

https://twitter.com/finsjesse/status/326752927379234816/photo/1

• Locked thread