Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

UnSmith posted:

It's not that i'm having problems. I'm running a level 50 Siren with decent gear (Level 47 Bee, level 50 Volcano, etc), and although the deaths are cheap it's been fairly reasonable getting to Sanctuary. It's just that i'm not getting ANY XP, which is weird. I'm even doing the side quests, just...nothing. No movement at all. Anyone experience this?

Oh right, UVHM is free but the level cap is separate DLC. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Well I finally have my platinum trophy. I'm not really one of those hardcore achievement/trophy people but I think it really sucks that Jimmy Jenkins is so hard to find and that a platinum trophy is based on a rare roll of the RNG. It also really sucks that there are unlockable challenges and that you have to max out other challenges to unlock them. I love this game but that's just poor design and an unnecessary amount of work to get a trophy.

NOw it's time to get to 61 so I can use all the sweet loot my nice friends have dropped for me.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Man, Gearbox is really getting some flak for fixing the bank glitch.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
damnit. nevermind. apparently I'm stupid.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Reiley posted:

Oh right, UVHM is free but the level cap is separate DLC. :v:

That is so hosed.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Thumbtacks posted:

so i got krieg to work on my xbox for about fifteen minutes before i crashed...

he's fun.

What level/mode did you play him with?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Father Wendigo posted:

What level/mode did you play him with?

50/normal. that way i could enjoy having fire powers. that whole tree will be mostly useless in UVHM, unfortunately. it's all fire damage.

the melee tree will be questionable in UVHM, too. Which is unfortunate.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Neo Helbeast posted:

I understand fixing the glitch, and they deserve credit for not forcibly deleting people's items, but really any flak they should be getting should be for not increasing the limit.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Thumbtacks posted:

50/normal. that way i could enjoy having fire powers. that whole tree will be mostly useless in UVHM, unfortunately. it's all fire damage.

the melee tree will be questionable in UVHM, too. Which is unfortunate.

UVHM is the mode I want to see him in, though. That's the new mode they've been touting as the end-all-be-all of the game, and they'd drat well better make Krieg work in it if they're charging money for him.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

BrokenKnees posted:

I understand fixing the glitch.

How does it benefit anyone at all?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Neo Helbeast posted:

I actually spent a chunk of my Saturday night making mules and moving stuff around. It's really nice to have everything sorted and not have to deal with scrolling through a huge inventory to find what I'm looking for. All my characters have exactly what they need now and if I need something else I can just find a safe spot, pop in split-screen with a mule, dump what I need and quit.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I've been farming Torgue tokens in TVHM by hitting the bar brawl and melting EVERYTHING within a minute. I spaz through about 400 tokens in half an hour. After collecting, I make the jump into UVHM and claim any legendary items worth the 615 tokens and jump between machines to be sure I'm finding the best gear.

Last night, after a few runs in TVHM, I started getting gear for the Psycho. I have about ten buzzsaw class mods now and am stoked as gently caress to try him out.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Jake Blues posted:

I've been farming Torgue tokens in TVHM by hitting the bar brawl and melting EVERYTHING within a minute. I spaz through about 400 tokens in half an hour. After collecting, I make the jump into UVHM and claim any legendary items worth the 61i5 tokens and jump between machines to be sure I'm finding the best gear.

Last night, after a few runs in TVHM, I started getting gear for the Psycho. I have about ten buzzsaw class mods now and am stoked as gently caress to try him out.

I saw a WHITE class mod for him last night that had 60% fire damage. I am starting to want to play him, but damnit, it makes my Zero look like a total gimp-mask-wearing tool.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Seneschal posted:

I saw a WHITE class mod for him last night that had 60% fire damage. I am starting to want to play him, but damnit, it makes my Zero look like a total gimp-mask-wearing tool.
Don't worry, they're both terrible to play alone in UVHM. :shobon:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Zero ain't too bad once you have the right gear and death blossom+many must fall is super powerful. Sniping is pretty lovely until you have a good bee shield and melee is only viable once you have a love thumper, slag evisceration rubi and the rapier. I found Krieg's legendary mod already but it's gonna be a long rear end time before I reach 61 on him.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Marogareh posted:

Zero ain't too bad once you have the right gear and death blossom+many must fall is super powerful. Sniping is pretty lovely until you have a good bee shield and melee is only viable once you have a love thumper, slag evisceration rubi and the rapier. I found Krieg's legendary mod already but it's gonna be a long rear end time before I reach 61 on him.

Pared with a purple 61 sniper class mod and the right spec, my assassin wrecks.

Tor Kallon
Jul 11, 2012
I just started playing this on Xbox over the weekend and would love to play co-op, but nearly cried over the pain that is playing with pubbies.

If anyone is just getting started or has a low level character they're slowly taking through the game, add me up -- My GamerTag is Tor Kallon.

I'm playing Gaige and am at level 11 so far. I'll likely have about 10-15ish hours to play most weeks so the going will be slow. I mostly play pacific time evenings (8:30pm to midnight).

mirthalac
Jan 5, 2002
milk is liquid meat
holy crap level 61 finally. i made bones out of loot midgets until the ticker turned over.

if anybody sees fit to loot-vomit on me now that i can make use of all the lovely 61's that have accumulated, that would be awesome.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Tor Kallon posted:

I just started playing this on Xbox over the weekend and would love to play co-op, but nearly cried over the pain that is playing with pubbies.

If anyone is just getting started or has a low level character they're slowly taking through the game, add me up -- My GamerTag is Tor Kallon.

I'm playing Gaige and am at level 11 so far. I'll likely have about 10-15ish hours to play most weeks so the going will be slow. I mostly play pacific time evenings (8:30pm to midnight).

I just started a new character. my GT is MrOlsonUCSD, I've got a mic and everything. :D

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

mirthalac posted:

holy crap level 61 finally. i made bones out of loot midgets until the ticker turned over.

if anybody sees fit to loot-vomit on me now that i can make use of all the lovely 61's that have accumulated, that would be awesome.

anything you wanna try in particular? class mod?

mirthalac
Jan 5, 2002
milk is liquid meat

delpheye posted:

anything you wanna try in particular? class mod?

Thanks to you and Neo Hellbeast for all the gear. replacing a level 50 bee with a 61 is a pretty substantial jump in performance.

If you have something you are still on the lookout for, let me know and I will keep eyes out for it.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I'm off work for the day, and am going to gorge myself on delicious Indian food. I'll be on around 12:30 EST, if anyone wants to play. I'm currently working on my 43 Commando, and I'm at the very beginning of the Bunker quest. Or if anyone feels like joining in with a high level guy and destroying everything for me, that'll work, too!

Edit: whoops! GR: Flexible Ethics

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 23, 2013

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

what guns should I be looking to get for a melee Zer0? right now, I have a law/order, but pretty much everything else are just bladed versions of stuff everyone uses. CC's, slagga, infinities, and a few pearlescents. for sniper(since a lot of the melee abilities affect crits), I have a bladed(tk'blahblah-something) cobra, and a night sloth.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

delpheye posted:

what guns should I be looking to get for a melee Zer0? right now, I have a law/order, but pretty much everything else are just bladed versions of stuff everyone uses. CC's, slagga, infinities, and a few pearlescents. for sniper(since a lot of the melee abilities affect crits), I have a bladed(tk'blahblah-something) cobra, and a night sloth.

The Rapier from the Scarlett DLC. It's the only gun that gives you +200% melee damage.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Minorities posted:

The Rapier from the Scarlett DLC. It's the only gun that gives you +200% melee damage.

despite having come up with bladed versions of guns I've never seen, this build just got a lot less interesting somehow.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

delpheye posted:

despite having come up with bladed versions of guns I've never seen, this build just got a lot less interesting somehow.

Wait, so you don't actually care about melee damage? I might be missing something here but my melee Zer0 did almost nothing BUT melee damage. I rarely ever fired bullets. The Rapier owns and makes that melee builds ridiculous.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

eh, it would be more interesting if there wasn't just 1 piece of gear that made the build worthwhile. I have a bladed Hydra that I'm hoping will be fun. giant shotgun damage succeeded by stabbing.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
good lord, krieg's audio files.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0gTN-pr6QE

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I like when these sorts of lines are clever like the big alliterative ranting a lot more than the :iamafag: Nipple Bacon :razz: stuff, which can get old really fast.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Haha, is that some kind of demented Astro Boy head at the end there?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

delpheye posted:

eh, it would be more interesting if there wasn't just 1 piece of gear that made the build worthwhile. I have a bladed Hydra that I'm hoping will be fun. giant shotgun damage succeeded by stabbing.

Well you only asked about guns so that's all I answered with. :)

There are also relics that increase melee damage in addition to reducing your override cooldown so you can basically use the Execute dash move to fly across the map. The Love Thumper shield you get as a reward for killing Henry is another great tool because you'll basically always have a huge maylay shield bonus. A Legendary Hunter class mod is also pretty much essential for the bonuses to max health, melee damage, and Killing Blow. If you don't have one of those there are other class mods that boost similar skills like Ambush.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Minorities posted:

reducing your override cooldown

I thought Zer0 didn't have any melee override-skills? Did I misunderstand something?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

That one skill on the far right tree that lets you dash when you melee.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

I loved loved loved melee Zer0 build up through 50, and only played with other builds as I got more legendary guns that tipped the balance of power to ranged. Now on UVHM it seems like melee is impossible, enemies have too much health/shield and kill you too fast. And I had lots of goodies like cooldown reducers and the rapier. I'm only 51 though, maybe it will get better at higher level? Having death blossom and bloodshed at the same time is probably nice.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Minorities posted:

Well you only asked about guns so that's all I answered with. :)

There are also relics that increase melee damage in addition to reducing your override cooldown so you can basically use the Execute dash move to fly across the map. The Love Thumper shield you get as a reward for killing Henry is another great tool because you'll basically always have a huge maylay shield bonus. A Legendary Hunter class mod is also pretty much essential for the bonuses to max health, melee damage, and Killing Blow. If you don't have one of those there are other class mods that boost similar skills like Ambush.

I've got a legendary mod, and any gear is at least obtainable. I'll have to look into relics. right now, I use a health regen one, but I'd just been focusing on finding good gums that also have blades attached so relic and shield hadn't interest into the equation yet. Guess I'm killing henry tonight.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Has anyone tried farming midgets today? I tried 3 times, but none of the boxes had any midgets. Is the dream dead? :tinfoil:

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

The Duke posted:

That one skill on the far right tree that lets you dash when you melee.

It doesn't have its own cooldown, it's just active when you're in decepti0n...

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

burntpork posted:

Has anyone tried farming midgets today? I tried 3 times, but none of the boxes had any midgets. Is the dream dead? :tinfoil:

I tried it earlier once and nothing. At least a friend of mine duped me a 94% sham so now I'm a rocket spamming Salvador and it feels so good.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO

burntpork posted:

They worked for me just fine last night. Still no Jenkins which is the main reason for farming them for me.

Also, finally got back into this game and finished PT1 on my Mechromancer last night - only to have the Warrior's corpse block the Moonshot button so I couldn't actually end the boss fight :argh: This loving game sometimes, I swear. Had to blast through Hero's Pass all over again but fortunately didn't have to do the fight over.

Also got an Orange Jack's Head and a Purple Jack's Head. Only Orange drop of the whole fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
There's a thread on gamefaqs right now of a guy asking all the girls who play borderlands to send him a friend request. It's pretty sad.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 23, 2013

• Locked thread