Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
What is the ideal leveling area or method for 50-61? I've tried to two player split screen UVHM and it seemed okay for a little while but now we are just running our heads against the wall. The only good items we have are level 50 Bee shields, which is probably part of the problem, but when we drop back down to TVHM the xp difference is so insanely low that it doesn't seem worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Neo Helbeast posted:

There's a thread on gamefaqs right now of a guy asking all the girls who play borderlands to send him a friend request. It's pretty sad.

well, what's his gamertag? obviously he really wants to be trolled.

EDIT: oh lookit http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/638784-borderlands-2/66030785

delpheye fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Apr 24, 2013

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
Oh jesus have fun with that one.

Also, "Why aren't my fingers in someone's eye sockets" is my new favorite thing to mutter in line at the grocery store. Thanks, gearbox!

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Anybody interested in doing some UVHM on Xbox? I've got a commando and a zerker I need to level up. I haven't started ultimate with either.

E: GT - Eperitus

MalleusDei fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 24, 2013

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Seneschal posted:

Oh jesus have fun with that one.

Also, "Why aren't my fingers in someone's eye sockets" is my new favorite thing to mutter in line at the grocery store. Thanks, gearbox!
I'm going to be thinking that line a lot during work tomorrow I imagine. I just really hope he doesn't scream constantly when he's on fire

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Kifisonfire posted:

I'm going to be thinking that line a lot during work tomorrow I imagine. I just really hope he doesn't scream constantly when he's on fire

Get at me tomorrow online. I have something special for ya.

mirthalac
Jan 5, 2002
milk is liquid meat

burntpork posted:

Has anyone tried farming midgets today? I tried 3 times, but none of the boxes had any midgets. Is the dream dead? :tinfoil:

same. two runs through and nada.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

mirthalac posted:

same. two runs through and nada.

Marogareh posted:

I tried it earlier once and nothing...

Yeah, I tried a couple more times and still nothing. Guess I can finish off the dlcs.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Aw hell I hope it hasn't been fixed. I haven't even gotten a chance to do it yet! :negative:

Guess I'll have to beg goons for dupes :v:

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
You could always try to do Thousand Cuts with Rocko's Modern Strife accepted. No enemies spawn unless you head toward the bunker.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

jackofarcades posted:

You could always try to do Thousand Cuts with Rocko's Modern Strife accepted. No enemies spawn unless you head toward the bunker.

I don't really follow. Does that do anything to throw the midget spawning algorithm into a repeatable percent?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
No, it just makes it quicker to do a run and open all of the chests. Not ideal or anything.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

On the subject of farming things, I've never farmed the Treasure Room. I'm just about to complete Captain Scarlett's DLC for the first time. I've seen the videos on how to do it and so on, my question is are there any gotchas I need to know? Quests not to do, don't enter it through the door normally like Knoxx's treasure room, etc. Basically are there any ways I can screw it up and lock myself out?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Arrath posted:

On the subject of farming things, I've never farmed the Treasure Room. I'm just about to complete Captain Scarlett's DLC for the first time. I've seen the videos on how to do it and so on, my question is are there any gotchas I need to know? Quests not to do, don't enter it through the door normally like Knoxx's treasure room, etc. Basically are there any ways I can screw it up and lock myself out?

No, not really. Once you complete the quest X marks the Spot, the treasure room's main door closes. Glitching back into the treasure room takes some practice in doing but is relatively easy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyj0chQZR8A This my video on how I do it which is a combiination on two different methods that I find give me the elevator lock 95% of the time on the first try. Once you get into the invisible corner look down and line your crosshairs up like I do and then jump forward. If you're in the right spot you should hardly move at all. Then do a 180 and look into the crack and line up your crosshair like I do and then jump backwards. You should be locked into place on the glitch. Now just jump straight up like a madman until you stop ascending. Then just follow the rest of the video.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Neo Helbeast posted:

No, not really. :words:

Awesome, thanks for the advice. Of course this is all contingent on killing the Leviathan. Hoooly poo poo this is impossible solo (UVHM).

Anyone around on Xbox that wouldn't mind lending a hand? I'm only level 52, so one or two 61s should blow this fucker to pieces. GT: Arrath777

Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010
Anyone have a legendary mechromancer mod they could duplicate for me? I'm on 360 as Xuuel.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Gamefaqs posters have confirmed that the LLM's for doctor's order have been Hotfixed. If you wanna do them you need to be offline.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Neo Helbeast posted:

Gamefaqs posters have confirmed that the LLM's for doctor's order have been Hotfixed. If you wanna do them you need to be offline.

This is the first thing in this game where I can agree with people who say that's stupid as gently caress.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Oh my god I was so close. The worm queens were dead and I was working on the last weak spot. :suicide: The Leviathan loving sucks.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Arrath posted:

Oh my god I was so close. The worm queens were dead and I was working on the last weak spot. :suicide: The Leviathan loving sucks.

When I fought him on UVHM he glitched out on the last orb (the one in his mouth), he refused to expose it at all so I had to plink away at him with a level 50 CC while running a circuit around that tiny platform so the worms wouldn't one shot me :waycool:

The Duke fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 24, 2013

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

The Duke posted:

When I fought him on UVHM he glitched out on the last orb (the one in his mouth), he refused to expose it at all so I had to plink away at him with a level 50 CC while running a circuit around that tiny platform so the worms wouldn't one shot me :cool:

Luckily it hasn't glitched on me yet, but I just had him with literally no red in his healthbar and I went down. The worms were too busy jumping around to let me kill them so I could revive myself. As if it wasn't bad enough that I can't phaselock them.

e: Haaaaaaa gently caress youuuu. Finally.

Arrath fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 24, 2013

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Fibby Boy posted:

This is the first thing in this game where I can agree with people who say that's stupid as gently caress.
The funny thing is they could have just made only Jenkins spawn if they wanted to artificially inflate the rarity of Pearlescents and E-Tech relics. But they just went the Evil Smasher route again and took the most rear end way possible to 'fix' the 'problem.'

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Father Wendigo posted:

The funny thing is they could have just made only Jenkins spawn if they wanted to artificially inflate the rarity of Pearlescents and E-Tech relics. But they just went the Evil Smasher route again and took the most rear end way possible to 'fix' the 'problem.'

Given that several people in this thread got a full set of pearlescents within about a week of the update, I kind of see why they did it. With a couple of hours you could get a decent number of legendaries with pearlescents only being semi rare in that time.

Refused
Sep 6, 2005
Anyone on ps3 found a 61 Bitch yet they could dupe me? I've got a bunch of stuff I can drop in return - recently including an infinity, shock norfleet, evolution, quasar, etc.

Psn is divine7942

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I have a normal and fire one I can dupe you. If you ever find Lyuda or skullmasher let me know.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Doctor's Orders LLM were apparently hotfixed so the only way around it is to not be online/ signed out of psn/live.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
I haven't thrown a controller acrossed the room in a couple decades. Thanks UVHM + Leviathan.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.
Is anyone else missing a shitload of heads? My wife's Siren and my Mechro heads all but disappeared. Like 22/23 down to 11/23.

Tachikama
Nov 28, 2003

The Leviathan was one of the shittiest things solo ever. You need to spawn the worms, but you need to keep under cover to not be killed. Meanwhile its all spitting slag and throwing poo poo. I finally found two places I could hit all of his weak spots and be 90% certain I would stay safe. The poo poo part was jumping out on the floor to spawn Worm Queens, and getting back before they got me. Luckily someone was nice enough to dupe me a CC and Bee which helped a lot. Took me almost an hour. Piece of poo poo. I think I am doing well on gear now between treasure room and goons, so I hope I can pay back some folks.

Refused
Sep 6, 2005

Marogareh posted:

I have a normal and fire one I can dupe you. If you ever find Lyuda or skullmasher let me know.

I'm pretty sure I have both a slag Lyuda and a Skullmasher I can give you

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

WonderfulWino posted:

I haven't thrown a controller acrossed the room in a couple decades. Thanks UVHM + Leviathan.

If you have a storm the fight is trivial from the vending area.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Krieg just hacked the ECHO twitter.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

Krieg just hacked the ECHO twitter.
First tweet and it's already monkey cheese random. Not sure I'll enjoy him as much as Gaige and Torgue's tweets.

Marogareh posted:

The Lyuda is just another name for the White Death right? Because I have a White Death and would love a Bitch.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Kifisonfire posted:

First tweet and it's already monkey cheese random. Not sure I'll enjoy him as much as Gaige and Torgue's tweets.

The Lyuda is just another name for the White Death right? Because I have a White Death and would love a Bitch.

He's a deranged psycho, what exactly are you expecting?

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Kifisonfire posted:

I have some bitches.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Thumbtacks posted:

He's a deranged psycho, what exactly are you expecting?
Many much mega-more alliterative assholeishness.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Gaige was released four days after she started echo casting. Hammerlock's DLC was released four days after HE started echo casting. Torgue's DLC was released later than that but I'm thoroughly convinced that's because the writers had too much fun with his dialogue.

I'm betting it's a May 1st release.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm playing UVHM little by little, mostly because I can only stand it in small doses. I'm using my explosive commando, but I find that my only real option is my unkempt harold. When I did the Doc Mercy quest that requires you to use that e-tech machine gun I could barely kill anything. Slagging made it only slightly more tolerable.

Question about the Poker Night 2 items, do we know yet if you have to play Poker Night 2 on the same console you play Borderlands 2 on to get the BL2 unlocks?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Speedboat Jones posted:

I'm playing UVHM little by little, mostly because I can only stand it in small doses. I'm using my explosive commando, but I find that my only real option is my unkempt harold. When I did the Doc Mercy quest that requires you to use that e-tech machine gun I could barely kill anything. Slagging made it only slightly more tolerable.

Question about the Poker Night 2 items, do we know yet if you have to play Poker Night 2 on the same console you play Borderlands 2 on to get the BL2 unlocks?
That quest sucked in TVHM and it sucked again in UVHM. I love firing 100 bullets at people just to get them to die.

I'd imagine it would be the same console. It will probably just find a save file making sure you've done what needed to be done to get the head, and load up automatically in the skin machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Neo Helbeast posted:

I am so incredibly lucky and thankful that I just got Jimmy Jenkins and my platinum trophy this past week. I would've hated my gaming life if I had to farm Jimmy the normal way. I'm not even an achievement/trophy whore but making achievements/trophies dependent upon rare RNG results is just really bad design.

I would guess the reason behind that is just "replay value add" but the game is already replayable as hell. There's a ton of DLC, raid bosses, new characters classes, etc. An RNG thing like Jimmy is just dumb.

• Locked thread