Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snix
Aug 31, 2012

After the war of great troll, he only stands. He now returns to the legendary city to seek revenge on the death of his village. Episode 1: "Legendary School Girl Bubble Gum! Will Senpai Notice Me!?"
Erin Fitzgerald's voice is a great fit for Chie, but I can't really stand that voice. It's irritating as hell sometimes, usually when she yells. Her inside voice is alright though. However, Erin's Chie is never as bad as her Midori. gently caress, Midori's hard to listen to.

Snix fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Ara posted:

So I'm playing this for the first time in Japanese and after seeing all the fuss about Chie getting a new voice actor, I decided to find some voice clips on Youtube to see how the English voice actors compared to the originals.

Chie's old VA was godawful, I can't imagine anyone liking that voice. She sounds like a 40 year-old from Wisconsin, which is not really what I expect from a Japanese high school student. Her new VA actually sounds relatively similar to the Japanese one. Also what the hell did they do to Yousuke? He sounds like he should have a pocket protector in English, his voice is cracking all over the place.

To be honest, I think it's just because people played the original for so long and got used to the voice. I massively prefer Chie's new voice actress because of the reasons already mentioned (sounds more like the right age, fits her character better, etc.), though I do think she sounds a touch screechy at times. However, I don't know if I'd feel the same way had I first played 100-odd hours of P4 before playing P4G.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I got about 20 hours into P4 on the PS2 before my PS2 broke down, and I really like Chie's new voice actress. She seems much more emotional, everything the PS2 actress said sounded distant and forced.

Also kinda a dumb question but does anyone know if Shuffle Time is affected by difficulty at all? I mean I played my first play through on Normal and it seems I got a Persona level up or Skill Upgrade card at least once a trip into the TV. Now I'm 25 hrs into a NG+ on Very Easy (just doing a different story, didn't want to have to grind a lot) and I haven't seen one skill upgrade card yet. Maybe it's because my Personae outlevel me?

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Sometimes it is acknowledged, at the fireworks event Chie accidentally let on that we'd gone to the shrine twice and everyone else was like "Wait, what?". But yeah, generally not.

For what it's worth, a couple of the Harvest Moon games (from memory, 64 did it, not sure if Back To Nature/FOMT did) had the bachelorettes marry off eventually, whether you got married or not.
The best part of the festival is taking Chie if you're dating her. Look it up on Youtube it is the best thing :3:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

U.T. Raptor posted:

The best part of the festival is taking Chie if you're dating her. Look it up on Youtube it is the best thing :3:

Chie's entire romance plot is great, especially her reaction to the beauty pageant and the Valentine's scene. I'm glad I did it first.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
There aren't really any voices in the different versions I hate. I like both Chies, but I've been a fan of Fitzgerald since she voiced Alkaid in the .hack//GU series. Sam Riegel and Dave Wittenberg are both great Teddies, but Wittenberg is one of my favorite VAs. Dude's great at emoting.

It's interesting to replay P2:EP and hear Amanda Winn Lee (Yukiko) voicing Ulala. Always fun, noticing stuff like that. I'm positive that Wittenberg is Katsuya Suou and Tatsuya Sudou too.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I watched the P4 anime before playing the game and I think both casts are fantastic. The tone of some characters feel different but that doesnt make them worse in my opinion. Troy Baker Kanji feels more laid back than Tomokazu Seki, Naoto is more obviously female in the English one (or, at least, Romi Paku frequently voices young men), but they all do fantastic jobs.

I enjoyed the original Chie (watching the Endurance Run on GiantBomb) but I warmed up to the new one and agree that shes more similar to the Jap. Chie.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

smenj posted:

To be honest, I think it's just because people played the original for so long and got used to the voice. I massively prefer Chie's new voice actress because of the reasons already mentioned (sounds more like the right age, fits her character better, etc.), though I do think she sounds a touch screechy at times. However, I don't know if I'd feel the same way had I first played 100-odd hours of P4 before playing P4G.
Yeah, when I heard they would be getting a new voice actor for Chie and Teddie I really didn't like it and I think the main reason was that after playing 100 odd hours of Persona 4 those voices were those characters to me. Yeah, the original voice actor for Chie had some not-so-great lines but as your hear them over and over they become endearing and turn from being a bad line to a line you ironically love ("Aha is this our chance?" is the main offender of this). It really didn't help either when the first time Atlus used the new voices was in a short trailer for Persona 4 Arena when Chie's new voice sounded terrible and Teddie's new voice sounded like Yosuke doing a bad Teddie impression.

After actually playing through Golden though and hearing them have full conversations instead of just one liners I'll gladly admit that I was wrong about the new voice actors. Granted I still don't think Chie's original voice was bad, but the new one is definitely better (though whenever I get an all out attack prompt from her, I still miss the dumb reading of "aha is this our chance") and both of Teddie's voice actors are so great I couldn't pick between either of them.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

projecthalaxy posted:

Also kinda a dumb question but does anyone know if Shuffle Time is affected by difficulty at all? I mean I played my first play through on Normal and it seems I got a Persona level up or Skill Upgrade card at least once a trip into the TV. Now I'm 25 hrs into a NG+ on Very Easy (just doing a different story, didn't want to have to grind a lot) and I haven't seen one skill upgrade card yet. Maybe it's because my Personae outlevel me?

They're semi-rare cards so there will be streaks of not getting any. Also it's possible you have less Shuffle Times in general since enemies are easier to kill in NG+ unless you are intentionally holding back.

If you want to force a Shuffle Time, make sure you kill the last enemy with an all-out attack as this guarantees that you'll get it. If you want to make this easier, buy lots of elemental attack items from the general store to allow you to exploit all the various elemental weaknesses without having to swap personas, or without killing enemies early due to the attack magic being too powerful.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Apr 18, 2013

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Guys, I need your help - is there any way at all of changing the order in which my characters take their turns in a round? A certain late-game boss keeps killing me pretty much entirely due to this one issue.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

BreakAtmo posted:

Guys, I need your help - is there any way at all of changing the order in which my characters take their turns in a round? A certain late-game boss keeps killing me pretty much entirely due to this one issue.

The order is decided by the agility stat of each member. The exception is the first turn, which will always allow the protagonist to move first. Not sure if this changes if the enemy gets an advantage attack on you, since my MC is usually always the one with the highest agility anyway.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Apr 24, 2013

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

AG3 posted:

The exception is the first turn, which will always allow the protagonist to move first.

Not always, I don't think. While MC is usually the one to go first, occasionally I've had Yosuke or someone go before me.

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince
Yeah, Naoto always goes first in my game.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Oh wait, it's the protagonist first in the first round if you have an advantage attack, otherwise it's purely agility based, isn't it? I haven't played a non-NG+ game with low-level personas in ages so I can't remember. I also usually avoid advantage attacks since I vastly prefer Time to Make History over the old P4 theme :v:

AG3 fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Apr 24, 2013

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

So I'm at the 40 hour mark, the Summer Holidays are just about to start, and I figured I'd share some of my thoughts with you guys. I'm still playing the original on the PS2 so some of this isn't incredibly relevant.

-Still completely blown away by how mature the story can be in places. Also blown away by how they managed that despite the naff dialogue in places

-I'm only just starting to feel less swamped with choices every single day. Most of my early game was spent freaking out and not knowing at all what to do, now I've got Yoskue and Yukiko maxed, and I feel a bit more focused. A Bit.

-I still have no loving clue how to do Fusing properly. All my personas suck.

-If I die in on Floor 7 of a dungeon one more time and lose 1-2 hours of progress I think I'll have a stroke.

-I loved how the early designs of the Personas mirrored the shadowselves very closely, but were more of a 'positive' version. Kinda sad they drop that after Yukiko.

-I can't believe I care this much about this gang of dumbasses, but damned if every one of them isn't endearing in some way.

-The music keeps going from loving Awesome, to kinda Dumb, back to Awesome again. The Dumb Dip was when I actually listened to the lyrics.

-Still kinda concerned that there isn't nearly enough time to get all the Social Links I want. I'm really struggling to raise every stat high enough while maintaining a cash flow and raising other social links.

-The battle system is a lot of fun, every fight feels more like a puzzle and the resource management of the dungeon crawler is ace.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I pretty much ignored fusing in the PS2 version because it was such a hassle to get the personas to inherit the skill combinations I wanted. P4G made fusing vastly more convenient and intuitive, to the point where I even bothered to complete the compendium.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
I'm doing a second playthrough because I want to get that platinum, and I'm getting fed up trying to get the Hardcore Risette Fan trophy. There doesn't seem to be a consensus anywhere else, so I'm not holding out too much hope here, but does anybody know if the lines from your previous playthrough carry over to NG+?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Edit: Beaten.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

smenj posted:

I'm doing a second playthrough because I want to get that platinum, and I'm getting fed up trying to get the Hardcore Risette Fan trophy. There doesn't seem to be a consensus anywhere else, so I'm not holding out too much hope here, but does anybody know if the lines from your previous playthrough carry over to NG+?
The lines do not carry over.

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

If you find there are some skills that you really like/are really strong, you can go to the screen where you see what persona will be born and the skills they will inherit, then cancel out and do it again to roll the dice again. Spread the good skills around and keep fusing it onto more, then you can summon old ones back with the archive thing.

quote:

-If I die in on Floor 7 of a dungeon one more time and lose 1-2 hours of progress I think I'll have a stroke.
Hate to tell you this, but there is a cheap item that lets you go back to the beginning of the dungeon, save, then you can go back in and resume your progress. Not sure what it's called in the English version, it's called like a "return rail" in the Japanese. You can always go back to the highest floor you've visited from the entrance of the dungeon. You can buy those items at the Chinese medicine shop in town. I use one after literally every floor.

quote:

-I loved how the early designs of the Personas mirrored the shadowselves very closely, but were more of a 'positive' version. Kinda sad they drop that after Yukiko.
I'm at almost the same place as you (just finished summer vacation) so I don't know about the last person's persona, but Kanji's persona makes sense. Previously his girly side was buried inside and he had a tough exterior, but after finishing his dungeon they kind of switch around. He doesn't put up a front anymore, and that front becomes his persona. And Kuma's persona to me was "Kuma is hollow, but in his heart he is made of solid iron." I guess. Oh and by the way, since I just finished the part you're on: the next boss is a bitch, holy poo poo. I needed to grind for a while on top of some really good fuses, and dumped Chie forever in favor of Yousuke.

Anyway, I just got to the part where they announced the location for the school trip. Wondering if there will be some cameos. Really digging this game, probably going to pick up a Vita if/when Dangan Ronpa 3 comes out just for this and that. Which reminds me, the Persona 2 games are also on PSP, did those hold up well? Am I gonna be disappointed if I play them now after 3 and 4?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Ara posted:

Hate to tell you this, but there is a cheap item that lets you go back to the beginning of the dungeon, save, then you can go back in and resume your progress. Not sure what it's called in the English version, it's called like a "return rail" in the Japanese. You can always go back to the highest floor you've visited from the entrance of the dungeon.
They're called Goho-M's in the English releases.

quote:

Which reminds me, the Persona 2 games are also on PSP, did those hold up well? Am I gonna be disappointed if I play them now after 3 and 4?
They're different in almost every way. P2 is very much a PSX late 90's JRPG, with all of the older/obsolete mechanics you'd expect from the era. I think its gameplay is pretty decent all things considered, but definitely don't expect it to be as snappy and streamlined as P3/P4. On the other hand, I think P2 has by far the best plot in the whole MegaTen franchise and is probably my favorite title for that reason alone. Innocent Sin has an amazing soundtrack, too.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I've been using Goho-M, its just I've only just hit the point where I can afford to buy a lot of them. And having to go through all that is pretty annoying. I'm being way more careful since last time though.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
There are 2 persona 2s? Which is the one to play first?

Ungrateful Dead
May 13, 2012

Knocking at Paranoia's Poision Door

Annath posted:

There are 2 persona 2s? Which is the one to play first?

Innocent Sin comes before Eternal Punishment.

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

Nate RFB posted:

They're different in almost every way. P2 is very much a PSX late 90's JRPG, with all of the older/obsolete mechanics you'd expect from the era. I think its gameplay is pretty decent all things considered, but definitely don't expect it to be as snappy and streamlined as P3/P4. On the other hand, I think P2 has by far the best plot in the whole MegaTen franchise and is probably my favorite title for that reason alone. Innocent Sin has an amazing soundtrack, too.

Thanks, I'll probably give the first one a try. I really like the blend of daily life and crazy poo poo in these games, and I played my share of old RPGs back when they were new.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I've been using Goho-M, its just I've only just hit the point where I can afford to buy a lot of them. And having to go through all that is pretty annoying. I'm being way more careful since last time though.

Just to make sure, since I didn't realize this until I'd cleared a couple dungeons: Are you selling your giant piles of poo poo that you pick up from every fight at the blacksmith? I've been rolling in money (and non-decrepit equipment) ever since I discovered that.

Italax
May 10, 2012

Part of the problem.

Ara posted:

If you find there are some skills that you really like/are really strong, you can go to the screen where you see what persona will be born and the skills they will inherit, then cancel out and do it again to roll the dice again. Spread the good skills around and keep fusing it onto more, then you can summon old ones back with the archive thing.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here, you don't need to do this in Golden? You can just manually select what skills you want to inherit.

For a first play through, what I'd advise is that when they tell you that forming social links will make you stronger, it's not just JRPG fluff. The best way to keep up with the dungeons is to fuse a lot, particularly personas where you've levelled up the corresponding social link, because it gives them bonus exp. Keep migrating over useful skills (high level elemental spells, group buff spells etc). Remember, the main character's main strength is that he can fill gaps in your party if you need them, so try to have a variety of personas available and just play around with them until you find ones you like.

EDIT: Just saw the guy you were responding too said he was playing the original P4, I'm an idiot.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

AG3 posted:

The order is decided by the agility stat of each member. The exception is the first turn, which will always allow the protagonist to move first. Not sure if this changes if the enemy gets an advantage attack on you, since my MC is usually always the one with the highest agility anyway.

poo poo. I'm at Namatame and I want to have the others go first to find out which element he buffed with Quad Converge, THEN switch to the appropriate Persona, but the game forces me to take the MC's turn first, so I have to guess which Persona to switch to. If I get it wrong, I'm dead.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

BreakAtmo posted:

poo poo. I'm at Namatame and I want to have the others go first to find out which element he buffed with Quad Converge, THEN switch to the appropriate Persona, but the game forces me to take the MC's turn first, so I have to guess which Persona to switch to. If I get it wrong, I'm dead.

You could always just pick a defensive Persona and guard your first turn.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

If you have Magic Mirrors/Makaracorn/a Persona with the Makarakarn skill, use them. If you don't have those, you should be able to fuse Lilith quite easily at this point.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Revitalized posted:

You could always just pick a defensive Persona and guard your first turn.

The thing is that I was trying to find out what element had been buffed ASAP. I will give this a shot though.

Dr. Ohnoman posted:

If you have Magic Mirrors/Makaracorn/a Persona with the Makarakarn skill, use them. If you don't have those, you should be able to fuse Lilith quite easily at this point.

Thanks. I do actually have Magic Mirrors, but they didn't work. Here's how the last time went.

Namatame: Quad Converge
Yu: Switch to Hokuto-Seikun (weak to Fire, repels electric), use Ziodyne, does tiny damage.
Chie: Bufula, puny damage.
Naoto: Garudyne, puny danage.
Yukiko: Magic Mirror on Yu.
Namatame: Maragiodyne, gets repelled by Magic Mirror but still gets another turn due to hitting Chie. Maragiodyne again, hits Yu for weakness, gets a third turn, Maragiodyne AGAIN, kills me.

I guess guarding after Quad Converge is the only method, which kind of sucks. I wish it was remotely possible to find out what element got the buff BEFORE switching Personas, which would be possible if you had more control over the order of turns. The fact that there are no weaknesses to the bosses in a game which is all about exploiting weaknesses strikes me as unfair already, but this guy really annoys me. I'm probably underleveled though - Yu is at about Lv63, with the others around Lv60.

Either way, I'll see if I can get Makarakarn. If not, guarding.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
You'd want to use Magic Mirrors/Makarakarn on all your party members. It ends up trivializing the fight if you have enough items or can stand the SP cost (about 50 a pop, iirc).

Also, you'd definitely want to use a Persona with no weaknesses for the fight. Black Frost, while kinda low leveled, still works pretty well.

Fall
Jun 6, 2011
Echoing that you should probably fuse something with no weaknesses. Personally I switched to my tri-auto Tam Lin, which you can fuse at level 52. Through fusing random Personas I also ended up with a LOT of Null Winds (from Sarasvati), Absorb Fires (from Hell Biker) and Repel Elecs (from Garuda?) to pass around so check your Compendium to see what you can pass on.

e: as a handy bonus, Tam Lin comes with Enduring Soul! ...at level 59. Enduring Soul acts like an auto-Samarecarm when the MC's HP hits zero and is an awesome safety net for bosses and trash mobs with Light/Dark skills.

Fall fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Apr 25, 2013

Griptape
Feb 22, 2013
I'm gonna go against the grain a little bit and say that having a persona without weaknesses is nice, but not particularly necessary. It's not impossible to win as you are right now, you just have to be smarter about protecting your weaknesses and not giving the boss a bunch of extra turns.

A big thing that you'll really want to avoid is doubling up on weaknesses, to minimize triple turns. A boss getting two turns is painful but usually survivable. A boss getting three turns, especially from hitting your MC's weakness? That's ruinous. With your current party, Chie is weak to fire and Yukiko is weak to ice, so you should probably avoid being weak to either.

Secondly, you really are better off guarding through his first attack, especially if it could hit your weakness. Whatever element he hits you with is also the element that will work best on him (if I'm remembering correctly), so tank his first hit and then go to town. You don't even have to guard with everybody if you feel like trying to get a lucky shot, but you should almost definitely guard with Yu. Your teammates can be revived if they go down. You can't.

Also, you should probably not be using Bufula at all with Chie. For one thing, even if you're lucky enough for it to be the effective element, you don't have anyone else who can actually exploit it until Yu's turn rolls around again, unless Naoto's got Bufudyne. For another, at this point in the game you really shouldn't be using Chie as anything other than a physical blaster for bosses. Her magic stat is just too low for Bufula to be anywhere near effective, even if it's the boosted element. You'd be a lot better off with a physical attack. If Chie somehow doesn't have any decent physical attacks, you're honestly better off using anyone besides Chie.

Griptape fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 25, 2013

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Thanks guys, but I ended up beating him. It was some grueling poo poo and I had to blow some good items including my only Soma when he was nearly dead, but I got there. I made sure to guard after Quad Converge, and I also did some fusing so that I had at least one repelling Persona for every element. His break moves still hosed around with that strategy but I was able to get some decent repels on him. I just wish that there was some way, any way, of getting an extra turn on these rear end in a top hat bosses. It doesn't seem like too much to ask in a game where the main feature of the combat system is getting extra turns through smart tactics. Oh well, moving on, and I'll make sure to remember your advice for next time.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

BreakAtmo posted:

I just wish that there was some way, any way, of getting an extra turn on these rear end in a top hat bosses. It doesn't seem like too much to ask in a game where the main feature of the combat system is getting extra turns through smart tactics. Oh well, moving on, and I'll make sure to remember your advice for next time.

Well there's getting a critical hit, but I don't think that's exactly what you're looking for.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

BreakAtmo posted:

It was some grueling poo poo and I had to blow some good items including my only Soma when he was nearly dead, but I got there.

Grats on making it past him. And you're better off using items like that in tough fights like this anyway; if you use it and win, then you can keep going on with the game. If you use it and lose, at least you'll still have it when you reload your save. But if you try and save it for later and keep dying as a result, then it's not doing you any good to hold on to it anyway.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

alcharagia posted:

Well there's getting a critical hit, but I don't think that's exactly what you're looking for.

Can you actually get a critical on them? I've gone through multiple bossfights including this one doing plenty of physicals, often using Revolution and Apt Pupil, and I have never gotten a Critical Hit, so I assumed that most later bosses were simply immune to them.

W.T. Fits posted:

Grats on making it past him. And you're better off using items like that in tough fights like this anyway; if you use it and win, then you can keep going on with the game. If you use it and lose, at least you'll still have it when you reload your save. But if you try and save it for later and keep dying as a result, then it's not doing you any good to hold on to it anyway.

Yeah, I agree that this is the sort of thing you should save items for, it's just that he only had a few hundred HP left when I was forced into using it. I almost made it out without the Soma. Oh well

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince
Ok, this game is awesome, but after nearly finishing it for the third time (first time for Golden though), I have to say which things bother me.

First, what I really love about this game is the everyday aspect about it. When I played P4 for the first time, I liked going to school and hanging out with my friends a lot more than I liked the JRPG stuff like entering the fantasy world and rescuing people. I really hope P5 will have the same kind of everyday life feeling in it. So of course when that feeling gets disrupted in this game, it bothers me. I'm talking about the beauty pageant, for example. Those girls are all ordinary students - well, with the exception of Rise - so why are there no other contestants besides them, except for Hanako and Kashiwagi? And why do everyone know them? I understand that Yukiko might be the most popular girl in school - this was foreshadowed with the talk about "the Amagi challenge" after all - but it felt really weird when someone in the audience said that Chie has a lot of secret admirers. So far Chie has been portrayed as the goofy character who doesn't socialize that much, at least by dating. So how come everyone of those girls is known to the entire school by name and face and even has fans? Is the school simply so small that everyone knows everyone by name? Nah, this thing just stands out too much. And this is of course just the extension of the problem of everyone wearing the school uniform while only Yukiko and Chie use really distinctive clothing.

In P4 Golden the Junes concert was the same kind cause of disbelief. I can totally see a group of friends going to the beach and having fun there, but giving a concert for a big audience after practicing for a day is something else entirely. It pushes things way too far.

Another thing that bothers me in Golden is Marie. One reason I like the cast so much is because how mature and reflective they are despite being teenagers. Marie is the opposite. She's the teenaged character of the game. I imagine a person like that'd be really obnoxious in real life, so I don't want to hang around with her that much in the game either. Come on, I'm not interested in your poems. I don't want to read them. I only read them cause they're shoved in my face and I can't avoid it. And learn to control your tantrums. I know I'm a stupid jerk you hate, you said it already.

Anyway, the reason why P4 is perhaps my favorite game of all time is because how different it is compared to other JRPGs. It's dialogue and dialogue's presentation are really polished. It's story and characters are exceptionally realistic, which is even more important for me. So when something breaks that realism I'm bothered by it. That's the reason I've never liked Teddie and Fox that much either.

I guess my dream game would be Crime and Punishment by Atlus. :D

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Still echoing the earlier post in this thread that P5 would own if it was just GTO with demons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

You know, I could buy jumping into TVs to enter a shadow realm and using the superpowered personification of your insecurities to fight elements of the subconscious, but everyone in a small town knowing each other is just too much, Atlus. :v:

• Locked thread