Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Wow I actually hate this guy more than the school chairman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

I thought this had been getting a bit stale recently but this is a return to form all right :unsmigghh:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

ActionZero posted:

Pretty much exactly what I came here to post.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
The reason Koro-sensei hasn't done anything yet is because Karasuma is the one who has to take this guy down.

onepiecekenny
Apr 2, 2007

Which side is the head?

WhiffleballDude posted:

Pretty much exactly what I came here to post.

Same here.

onepiecekenny
Apr 2, 2007

Which side is the head?
Wonder if the trio is going to stop being lazy and do something.

Yabari
May 14, 2002
Don Juan Delanooch
Yeah, I have a feeling that if the kids don't kick his rear end, Takaoka is going to find himself with an rear end full of tentacles while receiving a pedicure.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

ActionZero posted:

Not me. Chairman must know what new guy's program is all about, but still gets to say :eek: "Why, I had no idea he would ever pop a 14-year old girl in the mouth!" The smug little prick.

Mary Annette fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 20, 2013

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
I started going back through the series from the start. This is in issue #2:

But what's that in the bottom corner?

Classy use of English :haw:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
In the previous iusse we were reminded of Nagisa's killing aura, so I'm guessing he's gonna take that dude down hard next issue.

also, loling at the symbol for giving people constant punishments with the just the smallest glimmer of hope to keep them going being the Virgin Mary.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Holy poo poo the face he made after kneeing the kid. One more for the 'hope this fucker is assassinated' bandwagon.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

KittenofDoom posted:

I started going back through the series from the start. This is in issue #2:

But what's that in the bottom corner?

Classy use of English :haw:

Should have been a a pig mascot.

Also: I'm certainly as worried about the content being constricted by the genre as I was.

Arbite fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Apr 20, 2013

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
There's that Neuro crazyface! I was waiting for everything to suck, actually hope this guy sticks around and gets a little more mileage.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Chapter 40

Nagisa vs. the jackass. Can't wait for the next chapter. :allears:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Kuroyama posted:

Chapter 40

I think Karma would have the balls to stab a real person too, but he just doesn't have the knife-chops. i bet he's real jealous of Nagisa here though. :v:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Karasuma is entrusting Nagisa to shank this bastard. Hell yes.

I wonder if Nagisa's "snake aura" or whatever is that, unlike the other kids, he's the only one who will actually kill someone. Killing intent, basically. The others seem to be doing well in their training and all, but apart from the early desperate attempts/new characters in their first appearance no one seems to be actually trying to kill Korosensei. I'm not sure if they could actually go through with it, even Karma. Nagisa, though...

Which would also be why Karasuma freaked a bit when Nagisa came at him; he could tell that, to some extent, Nagisa actually had killing intent and was a threat, and reacted on instinct.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kuroyama posted:

Chapter 40

Absolutely cannot wait for the next chapter. :suspense: Torn between this and Shingeki no Kyojin as my favourite series now.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Kuroyama posted:

Chapter 40

Oh man oh man :allears: I hope Nagisa completely destroys this fucker. C'mon, kid, show us why you're our protagonist!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm really curious about what Nagisa is thinking there on the last page, specifically the part about nobody in his family looking him in the eye. That's pretty weird.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Sindai posted:

I'm really curious about what Nagisa is thinking there on the last page, specifically the part about nobody in his family looking him in the eye. That's pretty weird.

If I had to guess it's because he's always had massive killing intent, even before his assassin training, and it's unsettled his family. Or maybe they're all secretly trained killers and saw the potential in him and were scared by it.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
The next chapter will be the reveal that Nagisa is really a girl.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
poo poo just got real. :suspense:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sonata Mused posted:

Giving that last panel I wouldn't be surprised :v:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sindai posted:

Maybe nobody in his family looks him in the eye because they aren't sufficiently progressive to be comfortable with their daughter / sister dressing and acting like a boy.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

:suspense: THE TENSION :suspense:

Also, this new antagonist is petty as gently caress

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Do it Nagisa, stab him in the heart, watch the blood fly, let's get this poo poo M-rated. :unsmigghh:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I just noticed that every single chapter has "time" in the name. Most of them are "_____ Time," such as "Sovereign Time," "Huddle Time," etc.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Here's hoping Nagisa tries a hand grenade full of BB pellets again like in the first chapter, except this time it's a fake to catch this rear end in a top hat of a teacher off balance.

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.
The writer has a really good feel for pacing out quick reveals and slow-burn mysteries in a way that keeps things interesting without resorting to LOST-esque bullshit. Chapter-to-chapter you always seem to get some setup/payoff while even more stuff is simmering in the background. I like it.

Nagisa is best at being a secret girl and having killing intent.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Sonata Mused posted:

I'm expecting that we'll find out that Nagisa's last name is Zoldyck. His family won't look him in the eyes because he's the baddest of the bad. Also, he's a she.

Honestly though, while I know this is a group of middle-schoolers and they're being "trained" to kill Koro-sensei, I don't feel like they've made much progress either. While I don't agree at all with the Takaoka's methods, I kind of wonder if there isn't something more the instructors could be doing to make these kids better at what they should be learning to do.

Seems like they're having more fun learning from Koro-sensei than devising ways to kill him.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dan7el posted:

I'm expecting that we'll find out that Nagisa's last name is Zoldyck. His family won't look him in the eyes because he's the baddest of the bad. Also, he's a she.

Honestly though, while I know this is a group of middle-schoolers and they're being "trained" to kill Koro-sensei, I don't feel like they've made much progress either. While I don't agree at all with the Takaoka's methods, I kind of wonder if there isn't something more the instructors could be doing to make these kids better at what they should be learning to do.

Seems like they're having more fun learning from Koro-sensei than devising ways to kill him.

Well, that's kind of the point of the series, isn't it? Also, Karasuma himself said that he wants them to have relatively normal lives and schooling, and figures they're owed at least that for their aid in the whole "kill Korosensei" thing. (Barely a spoiler, but it didn't come until this latest chapter so whatever.) Besides, this likely wouldn't work out in the long run; Korosensei's whole thing with not destroying the world is that he gets to be a teacher, if he can't actually teach because they're always training then he doesn't have much reason to not gently caress off and blow everything up, does he? This guy's plan is incredibly short-sighted, which makes sense considering that it's more revenge against Karasuma and his own being hosed up than it is a proper plan.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Why are people spoiler tagging the whole Nagisa is a girl thing today? Was it confirmed somewhere when I wasn't looking, or is it the same speculation that the thread has been doing openly for weeks?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

ProfessorProf posted:

Why are people spoiler tagging the whole Nagisa is a girl thing today? Was it confirmed somewhere when I wasn't looking, or is it the same speculation that the thread has been doing openly for weeks?

Speculation based on the shapeliness of Nagisa's hips in the colour image last chapter:

They are spoiler tagging it for this chapter's discussion because Nagisa says something mysterious this chapter about how "his family wouldn't look him in the eye".

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I'm assuming Nagisa's comment refers just to an emotionally distant/abusive upbringing more than any secret gender issues, simply because I doubt anyone in Class E comes from a nice background. But Nagisa secretly being a girl would be fine too because seriously, look at him.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Yeah, regarding Nagisa's "secret" I would be shocked if he is actually a girl. While that sort of thing isn't unheard of in Japanese media, this would be a treatment of it that I've never really seen before. It would be fascinating to see how it's handled. I suspect that it's just that he has a high amount of KILLING INTENT, though, and so nobody else has ever been able to look him in the eye. Which probably ties into his mysterious background in other ways, either he was just born with it and it got him into trouble, or he acquired it from some sort of bad situation in his youth.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

JosephWongKS posted:

Speculation based on the shapeliness of Nagisa's hips in the colour image last chapter:

They are spoiler tagging it for this chapter's discussion because Nagisa says something mysterious this chapter about how "his family wouldn't look him in the eye".

If you read chapter 1 again, his old homeroom teacher said something similar as well.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I get the feeling that Nagisa's killing instinct has something to do with why he's in Class E in the first place. It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up killing or, more likely for the subject matter, severely injuring another student to get kicked down to Class E.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

DoubleDonut posted:

I get the feeling that Nagisa's killing instinct has something to do with why he's in Class E in the first place. It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up killing or, more likely for the subject matter, severely injuring another student to get kicked down to Class E.

"Severely injuring another student to get kicked down to Class E" is already Karma's backstory, though. Nagisa's background will have to be something different from that.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
Remember how I said I hope this comic stays light hearted?

Murder him Nagisa. Do it for everyone. :devil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

JosephWongKS posted:

"Severely injuring another student to get kicked down to Class E" is already Karma's backstory, though. Nagisa's background will have to be something different from that.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if there was a brief flashback about Nagisa's backstory next chapter, then it goes back to the fight and he cuts that guy's femoral artery or something

• Locked thread