Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.

walrusman posted:

Things that are obnoxious about this story:

1) I swallow. This is important. :smug:
2) Graphic :gizz: story in public.
3) What does her brother being a Marine have to do with the story? SUPPORT ARE TROOPS. :downs:

Other than that, this kind of thing happens all the time.

I think the Marine thing was shoehorned in to give some context to her changing her Facebook profile picture to one of her and someone other than her boyfriend. You know, because we needed to know why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

walrusman posted:

3) What does her brother being a Marine have to do with the story? SUPPORT ARE TROOPS. :downs:

I think the reason she mentioned that is that since she changed her picture of one with her boyfriend to one with her brothers, implying that the guy thought her and her boyfriend broke up so that's why he messaged her.

Lap-Lem
Oct 21, 2005
Lap-Lem the Village Tard

walrusman posted:

Not to mention, they were dating for three weeks, and by her own admission had never had a conversation about exclusivity. She assumed exclusivity, which ok, it might be reasonable, but the bottom line is he had no reason to assume that. You were on a 'couple dates' in three weeks. The dude even confesses, his other plans are with another girl, he isn't hiding anything, they are not exclusive. Then she goes full psycho on him after his other date, when he asks if she's like to have another date with him. This is her own story and she comes off clingy and unhinged. She wrote it and she couldn't have put better lies in it then that? At least lie to make her look a little better and less bitter?

"Once upon a time, a guy dated me. But, he also dated someone else. She was a skeeze. I win! I also boiled his rabbit in a pot."

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

facebook posted:

Man in his 40s leaned out of his white van window laughing with his friends (also old enough to know better) to tell me "You look really silly.. did you know that?.. What the gently caress even is that?" while he was stopped at the traffic lights. My reply was this.. "At least tomorrow I could wake up and wear normal clothes and dye my hair, you'll always be a plebeian with less braincells than teeth, a department which you also appear to be lacking in."

"YEAH WELL AT LEAST-" *lights change, guy roars off laughing at the pink-haired anime girl*

Cringe.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Turtlicious posted:

What? I don't even get how this is revenge, nor why this guy would tell her all this stuff. No-one I've been on a first date with ever said poo poo like that to me.

The writer is smug and dumb so it's not a good revenge story, but I'm firmly willing to believe that this S did H.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
"I went on a few dates with a guy who decided he wasn't interested and later asked me out again but I was in a relationship" absolutely could have happened but is so boring I don't know why you would post it.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I nearly had a STDH moment today when I went to buy a cookie at the mall and found a loud customer berating the cashier at length for someone apparently messing up her order at an earlier date. I, the plucky customer, stood up for the hapless cashier, put this rude person in her place and got her to leave the poor guy alone, all with my rapier wit!

By which I mean I called her a jerk and told her to gently caress off when she got in my face for giving her a :stare: look. I could totally spit-shine it up into a NAR post, though.

P.S. When I got back to my office I found out the cashier had slipped me an extra cookie, but I did not marry him.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

eating only apples posted:

"YEAH WELL AT LEAST-" *lights change, guy roars off laughing at the pink-haired anime girl*

Cringe.

Man in his 40s uses "what the gently caress even is that" in real dialogue

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

quote:

(I have reserved an audio-book at the library and have come in to get it. I am looking at other books, when another customer runs up to me and grabs my reserved books—which still have my name on it—out of my hands.)

Customer: “Oh, my goodness! I have been looking everywhere for this one!”

(She starts to walk away from me with the audio-book in her hand.)

Me: “Um, ma’am. That’s my audio-book. I reserved it.”

Customer: “Why do you have to be so greedy! I want this book! It’s not yours; it doesn’t have your name on it!”

Me: *pointing to the large sticker with my name on it* “Actually, it is!”

(The customer scoffs, and tears the sticker off.)

Customer: “There! Now it’s not! Thanks for the book!”

(She storms off to the self check-out counter, and then starts screaming when it won’t let her check the book out. A librarian comes over to find out what the screaming is all about. I stand just behind her.)

Librarian: “What seems to be the problem?”

Customer: “There is something wrong with this machine! It won’t let me check this audio-book out!”

Me: “Actually there is nothing wrong with the machine. That’s my book that she stole out of my hands. I reserved it over a week ago!”

(The librarian turns to me, obviously not paying attention to what I was saying.)

Librarian: “Ma’am, please wait your turn.”

Customer: “I want this book! This girl tried to take it from me! She’s too young to be reading a book like this! It’s too big for her!”

(The librarian takes the audio-book from the lady and asks to see her library card. After trying to check the book out and it giving her a fail message a few times, she ‘deems’ the book broken, and therefore not able to check out. She starts to walk away with the audio-book, when I stop her.)

Me: “May I try something real quick?”

(The librarian shrugs and hands me the audio-book.)

Customer: “It won’t work! Are you stupid, little girl? She just said that it was broken.”

(Within seconds, I scan my library card and the audio-book. It checks out with no issues.)

Librarian: “Well that was interesting! Why didn’t it have your name on the side?”

Customer: “Oh! I thought she did that herself. She looked like a greedy little girl that felt the need to put her name on everything!”

Me: “Well ma’am, like I told you, I reserved the book. And by the way, I am almost 30. I am in no way a little girl, and even when I was a little girl I loved to read ‘big books’.”

(I turn to the librarian.)

Me: “It did have my name on it, but she tore it off and threw it at me.”

Customer: “So… can I have that book now?”

Librarian and Me: *at the same time* “NO!”

Does it ever feel like NAR is written by aliens who don't quite understand how people work? Like they get how our society is structured, but they know everything about interpersonal interactions from watching intercepted broadcasts of cartoons and Disney movies so they think 50% of humans act like snobby villainous caricatures.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

NAR posted:

(I am the only female in the electronics department of a large retail store. A young male customer comes in.)

Me: “Hello, sir. Can I help you find something?”

Customer: “Er, um, actually if you don’t mind, could I perhaps speak to someone a bit more… male?”

Me: “Why of course, sir. Give me one moment.”

(I find my direct supervisor. I let him know that the customer wants to speak to someone more ‘male’.)

Supervisor: “Hello, sir. I understand you have a question for me?”

Customer: “Yes. I was wondering if you sold any televisions that didn’t need a converter box.”

(My supervisor looks at me.)

Me: “If you purchase a television that was manufactured after 2004, a digital tuner is more likely to have been included in the design specifications. We can check for an Advanced Television Systems Committee input if you’d like.”

Customer: “Uh… so?”

Me: “An ATSC is often referred to as a ‘digital input’, which negates the need for an external antennae to capture an analog signal. When the conversion happens, it will be essential that the TV you wish to continue using have the ability to receive and translate digital signals.”

Customer: “Um…”

Me: “Furthermore, should you decide to utilize a Video Cassette Recorder, you would most likely find it beneficial to connect a converter box to translate the digital signal to an analog recording outlet.”

Customer: *blank look*

Me: “Any TV we sell has a built in digital tuner, so you don’t need a converter box. If you want to use a VCR with a new TV, you will need a converter box.”

Customer: *speaking quickly* “Um, thanks. Have a nice day. Sorry.”

(The customer proceeds to bow his head, tuck his hands in his pockets, and walk rapidly towards the front door.)

Supervisor: “Nice.”

I am a human female, but I am quite familiar with items included in the design specifications of televisual receivers and the utilization of Video Cassette Recorders. Furthermore,

Skeleton Ape has a new favorite as of 21:57 on Apr 24, 2013

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Pfft, like anybody working in an electronics store in the past 3 years knows what a VCR is

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

Skeleton Ape posted:

I am a human female, but I am quite familiar with items included in the design specifications of televisual receivers and the utilization of Video Cassette Recorders. Furthermore,

Supervisor: Nice! You just cost us a customer!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Starring Hugh Grant as customer.

uptown
May 16, 2009

Djeser posted:

Does it ever feel like NAR is written by aliens who don't quite understand how people work? Like they get how our society is structured, but they know everything about interpersonal interactions from watching intercepted broadcasts of cartoons and Disney movies so they think 50% of humans act like snobby villainous caricatures.

She asked if it had my name on it and it did have my name on it wah wah wah

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

uptown posted:

She asked if it had my name on it and it did have my name on it wah wah wah

WOULDN'T IT BE FUNNY, LIKE, YOU KNOW HOW PEOPLE SAY "IT DIDN'T HAVE YOUR NAME ON IT?" WHAT IF, HAW HAW HAW, WHAT IF SOMEONE SAID THAT BUT IT REALLY DID HAVE YOUR NAME ON IT, HAW HAW HAW, WOULDN'T THAT BE A SCREAM

Edgar Death
Mar 15, 2013
That website is fantastic.

quote:

(I work in the guest services department of a major theme park. A Hispanic twenty-something mother and her young son approach the desk.)

Me: “Yes, ma’am, how can I help you?”

Mother: “Hello, I… no find… boy… hat.”

Me: “Pardon?”

Mother: “I no… look…”

(I switch to Spanish, which I can speak fairly well after four years studying it in high school.)

Me: *in Spanish* “Do you speak Spanish?”

Mother: “Oh, yes! Thank you so much! While my son and I were riding the roller coaster, he lost his hat and we came to see if you could send anyone to find it.”

Me: “I’m afraid we can’t send anyone to look under the roller coaster until after the park closes, but we can give you a gift certificate to buy a new hat for him at the shop.”

Mother: “That would be excellent! Thank you!”

(A burly-looking man, who is waiting for a park representative in the seating area, stands up and shouts at me.)

Man: “Hey! What the h*** do you think you’re doin’, boy?!”

Me: “Excuse me?”

Man: “You talkin’ that [racial slur] language? The h***’s wrong with you? You just encouragin’ them—” *points at the mother and son* “—to come over here like they own this country!”

Me: “Well, sir, I speak English and Spanish. This lady seemed to be having trouble with her English, so I thought I’d try Spanish.”

(He walks over to the counter, and puts his face right in mine.)

Man: “That’s a bunch of bull-s***! They came to our country, so they gotta learn to talk our language! You just gonna let them win by speakin’ their language?!”

Me: “Uh… win what?”

Man: “Man, it’s because of f****** like you that they think they can just come in here and tell us what to do!”

(He gives the woman a dirty look, and she becomes very frightened. I push the silent security alert button under the counter. Suddenly the little boy moves, and stands in front of his mother.)

Son: “Quit bein’ mean to my mama, poop head!”

Man: “You gonna make me, you little [racial slur]?”

Son: “They will!”

(He points out the glass door, as two security officers approach.)

Security Guard #1: “I’m going to have to ask you to come with us, sir.”

Man: “For what?! Defending America?!”

Security Guard #2: “For threatening our other guests. If you don’t come peacefully, we will restrain you.”

(The man grits his teeth, and seems to be considering fighting the guards, but after a moment he gives up and goes with them.)

Me: “Adios!”

Man: “F*** you, f**!”

(I turn to the mother and son, and start speaking to them in Spanish again.)

Me: “I’m sorry about that man, ma’am. He won’t bother you again.”

Mother: “Thank you! I thought he was going to hit me.”

Son: “I won’t let him hurt you, mama!”

Me: “Young man, since you were so brave, I’m going to give you an extra gift certificate, so you can get a cartoon character doll, too.”

Son: “Wow! You’re so nice, mister!”

What human alive in the year 2013 genuinely thinks that children address adults as "mister" or "poop head"? Hispanic children whose parents can't speak English, no less

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Edgar Death posted:

What human alive in the year 2013 genuinely thinks that children address adults as "mister" or "poop head"? Hispanic children whose parents can't speak English, no less

That's what they'd get for not teaching their kids proper English. Thank goodness that man was there to :911: DEFEND AMERICA :911: from them [religious declaration] [offensive derogatory word] [racial slur]s.

Bad writing aside, I can see a less-STDH-fied version of this actually happening. I live in a country with a bit of a problem regarding immigration and racism, and read about similar stuff on a fairly regular basis.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Edgar Death posted:

Even the way the guy writes himself is weird and stilted. I mean, he says "I’m going to give you an extra gift certificate, so you can get a cartoon character doll, too."

A cartoon character doll. Who has ever called anything that?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Serperoth posted:

That's what they'd get for not teaching their kids proper English. Thank goodness that man was there to :911: DEFEND AMERICA :911: from them [religious declaration] [offensive derogatory word] [racial slur]s.

Bad writing aside, I can see a less-STDH-fied version of this actually happening. I live in a country with a bit of a problem regarding immigration and racism, and read about similar stuff on a fairly regular basis.

Thank God our heroic stdh writer was kind enough to censor those words for us, lest we think he was the true bigot!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

crowfeathers posted:

Even the way the guy writes himself is weird and stilted. I mean, he says "I’m going to give you an extra gift certificate, so you can get a cartoon character doll, too."

A cartoon character doll. Who has ever called anything that?

Plus I'm sure that his four years of high school Spanish taught him how to fluently talk about gift certificates and looking under roller coasters. And Spanish spoken by a native speaker uses exactly the same turns of phrase and idioms as English.

Won't even get into the dumb wrapped with a ribbon of racism in the "mister" and "poop head" dialogue he thinks is authentic.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

edit: Changed my mind, nothing to see here.

the black husserl has a new favorite as of 04:30 on Apr 25, 2013

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Skeleton Ape posted:

Why would you need a converter box to use a VCR? My old rear end vcr still works fine on my new-ish LED teevee set top box whatever the gently caress

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Odd posted:

Why would you need a converter box to use a VCR? My old rear end vcr still works fine on my new-ish LED teevee set top box whatever the gently caress

Because then you get to sell the dude a converter box and get more money.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Djeser posted:

What actually happened: Person writing the story put her audiobook down on a table for a moment. Woman approaches, picks it up and inspects it. Our narrator mumbles "that's mine", snatches it back and hurriedly checks the book out while mentally reassuring herself that withdrawing the book in question is proof of her status as a special and gifted teenager and that the other person was a vicious irrational prole harpy for even daring to look at something she saw first.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Mammal Sauce posted:

What actually happened: Person writing the story put her audiobook down on a table for a moment. Woman approaches, picks it up and inspects it. Our narrator mumbles "that's mine", snatches it back and hurriedly checks the book out while mentally reassuring herself that withdrawing the book in question is proof of her status as a special and gifted teenager and that the other person was a vicious irrational prole harpy for even daring to look at something she saw first.

These descriptions are even worse than stdh.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Djeser posted:

It would be amazing to live in a world like that. Order some drinks at the bar, a villain runs by and takes them from you, Yakkety sax theme plays in the background while you run after them in a corridor with dozens of doors on each side. Then suddenly he is chasing you. You both realize your error, he says: sorry ma'am/mister. And the chase starts again!
Finally you have your hard-earned drinks back, but the villain actually put a huge box inside your cocktail glass. The box says TNT! Meanwhile, the bartender takes a big bite of his carrot and says: will you marry me?

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

wayfinder posted:

These descriptions are even worse than stdh.

Yeah holy poo poo people, nobody cares, just post poo poo that didnt happen.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

beedeebee posted:

It would be amazing to live in a world like that. Order some drinks at the bar, a villain runs by and takes them from you, Yakkety sax theme plays in the background while you run after them in a corridor with dozens of doors on each side. Then suddenly he is chasing you. You both realize your error, he says: sorry ma'am/mister. And the chase starts again!
Finally you have your hard-earned drinks back, but the villain actually put a huge box inside your cocktail glass. The box says TNT! Meanwhile, the bartender takes a big bite of his carrot and says: will you marry me?

Space Jam was literally about a famous basketball star playing against aliens for the fate of the world.

What I'm saying is that no, it was more believable than half the things posted in here.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Odd posted:

I think they meant if you wanted to record TV to your VCR. Although even then I don't think you'd need it by just running the composite video through. Unless you want it in HD...then just get a goddamn DVR.

The Nautilus
Jul 24, 2012

HELLO

Djeser posted:

I like how it's an audio book but the villainous customer says that the book is "too big" for our protagonist "to read."

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Djeser posted:

Well, they're probably not aliens but if NAR's user base is anything like the people who wrote Troper Tales, this is an otherwise 100% accurate description.

quote:

(I am a member of a sorority, but I don’t look like the typical “sorority sister,” so I get a lot of double-takes. Normally, the double-take is all that happens. On this day, I’m shopping while wearing one of my letter shirts. I see another girl wearing her letters and it’s the same sorority as mine. I approach her.)

Me: “Hey! You’re in [sorority]! Always nice to meet a fellow sister!”

Sorority Girl: *looks me up and down* “You’re in [sorority]?! How on earth did YOU get in?”

Me: “Well, I went through recruitment, filled out my bid card, and was welcomed with open arms on Bid Day — same as most all other sorority women.”

Sorority Girl: “Wow. They will take anyone now! Why would you even want to join a sorority? You think you’ll suddenly be thin and pretty and all the guys will want you? It doesn’t work that way.”

Me: “Wow. I don’t think [founder of sorority] had this kind of behavior in mind when she started [sorority]. By the way, do you go to [university]?”

Sorority Girl: “Yeah. I’m going to be a sophomore!”

Me: “Well, allow me to introduce myself. My name is [name], I’ve been in [sorority] for six years so far—four in college, two as an alumna—and I am one of the new advisors for your chapter.”

Sorority Girl: *turns white and scampers off*

(Thankfully, By the end of the year, she had been kicked out for drinking and attempted hazing of several new members.)

Apparently they now have a school themed one so now we can hear stories about how our robotic heroes defeated the snobby villains of college and teen movies.

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE
Walking proud and tall, wearing my sorority letters a full two years after graduation like a not at all weird person would.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I think the reason she mentioned that is that since she changed her picture of one with her boyfriend to one with her brothers, implying that the guy thought her and her boyfriend broke up so that's why he messaged her.

Yo guys, I hate to brag about this, but I love swallowing squirt. It's kinda my thing. Anywho, my ex was totally jealous and got owned mega hard because her new fling would just spit it back in her mouth after punching both of his cheeks together in cartoon like antics, go America, my brother is a navy seal commando NSA field agent.

P.S I am now married and my new wife tells me how much I rule and how well I can hold squirt in my mouth.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I have literally never had or have seen a conversation that ended with one person being so embarrassed/angry/flabbergasted that they just turned around and walked off, let alone ran away. What am I doing wrong in my life...

Content, here's a masturbatory fantasy of a 30 year old man:

(I was at work and I saw two girls from my college I knew as acquaintances, but not as much more than that. I had a crush on one of them as she was really pretty and seemed nice for the most part. I watched as she and her friend approached the register.)

My Crush: “No, you’re wrong! I’m telling you, he never said that!”

(I assumed they were gossiping about something until I listened a little more to the conversation.)

Her Friend: “No, he did! He totally did! We watched it last night, stupid!”

My Crush: “Obi-Wan never says, ‘I love you, Anakin’. The line is ‘You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!’.”

Her Friend: “No!”

My Crush: *turns to me* “Oh hey [my name]! What’s up?”

Me: “Not much. I’m good. And you’re right; Obi-Wan’s line was ‘You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you’.”

My Crush: “Oh, my God, thank you!” *turns to her friend* “And you call yourself a Star Wars fan.”

(Her friend scowled, but they paid and said goodbye. I watched as they got to the automatic doors. Her friend pretended to use ‘The Force’ on them. Suddenly, my crush jumped in front of her.)

My Crush: “YOU SHALL NOT PASS!”

(I walked over and asked her out. We got married a month ago.)

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
I dunno, I could buy it if everyone in the above story was about 500 pounds or more.

yulia tymotebow
Jan 8, 2011

by Lowtax
The door open and closed really fast, almost like it was applauding me.

DrHerpington
Dec 20, 2012

;-*

Reddit posted:

Gah! Memories! I saved up and took out loans to study abroad in Japan for the summer a few years ago. I got there knowing I would probably go a few days without food and I might not get anything to take home for myself so I could buy friends/family things. I don't know but I guess I got stuck with the group of rich kids. Doctor's daughter, spoiled only child, daddy's girls and mama's boys all around. Those types of kids. Anyways, I have always been dirt poor and was just thrilled to actually be in the country of my dreams since I never in a million years thought it would happen to me. Well, these kids are dragging me out and wondering why I don't eat with them or spend hundreds of dollars on a dress or whatever. One girl had a daily, DAILY budget of $100 and complained that it wasn't enough and how her parents hated her. I was working with about $5 a day. Max. I don't buy myself things if I can buy things for friends/family. I'm just that type of person I guess.

Skip towards the end of my trip and I'm talking to my mom on Skype. I told her how I stretched my meals from 1 chicken breast lasing 4 meals to it lasting 5 meals so I could save more money to buy myself a game I wanted. She told me to take care of myself and stop being stupid. I talked to her the next day and she had put $200 in my bank account for me to withdraw and spend on myself. My mom. Who couldn't afford to pay the bills or buy herself food saved up money from the time I was accepted to go abroad so she could give that to me. I cried. Like a baby. I mean, full blown tears of girly feelings and happiness and love. She told me she was proud to have a daughter who was smart enough to go abroad when no one else in the family could. And a girl who was so stupidly selfless that she would rather buy friends things than herself. So I went out that weekend and bought myself my game, ate caramel ice cream that tasted better than any ice cream I've ever had in my life, and just enjoyed being in Japan. I got lost on the trains, I went out to eat with my classmates, I gave a speech in Japanese in front of a few thousand people, and I cried a lot. Because my mom is the best mom on the face of the planet and I don't know what I would do without her.

TL;DR: My dirt poor mom saved up money to give to me towards the end of my trip to Japan because she knew I wouldn't spend money on myself until I bought things for everyone else. Many girly tears were shed. I love my mom.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1d2sey/whats_the_kindest_thing_someone_has_ever_done_for/c9md9c9

Long story short, made up story about someone going to Japan on a small budget and spending money on souvenirs and video games, and how their mom saved up to bail them out. Criticism of how much they hate their rich classmates who at the end they enjoy being with. Also, there's a lot of implied, "I'm not like the other girls!" Special Snowflakism.

The story continues in the comments about how:

• The rich girl is a fat drunk weeaboo who says NAR-style things and knocks the elderly over (and tries to sleep with their teacher).
  • Rich kids rubbed her poorness in her face and would buy things in her price range so she couldn't get them, for instance, a PS2 (What store only has 1 copy of a model of a console? Who buys a console on a class trip? If she had the money for the console, why didn't she use it on basic essentials?)
  • Rich kids bought stuff she was looking at to annoy her (again, what store only has a single copy of a video game?) a la the audiobook STDH.

There was some post about how someone's grandma sent them $8 in the mail and now everyone's claiming to have family sending them various amounts of money.

DrHerpington has a new favorite as of 20:48 on Apr 25, 2013

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

I like how apparently the biggest deal to her was being able to buy a video game that she could presumably get, you know, anywhere.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Bold Robot posted:

I like how apparently the biggest deal to her was being able to buy a video game that she could presumably get, you know, anywhere.

Tourists are weird like that. They'll buy poo poo they can get anywhere, but at a jacked-up tourist price, instead of actually appreciating the local stuff they can't see anywhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Tourists are weird like that. They'll buy poo poo they can get anywhere, but at a jacked-up tourist price, instead of actually appreciating the local stuff they can't see anywhere else.

That's... true.
When I was in Switzerland a few years back with my school, everyone hit the Swatch shop to buy a Swatch watch, despite the fact that Swatch is not particularly exclusive or rare.
I saw one that I liked, and dropped 75 euros on it. Didn't pay the "tourist tax" though.

• Locked thread