Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Just got my 4th manufacturer to Affinity 50 (Porsche, Lotus, BMW, and now Ferrari) and I decided to check how many miles I've driven in game. You can check it from My Profile -> My Stats -> Records.

:madmax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Do you have a spec yet for Tuesday?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Just got my 4th manufacturer to Affinity 50 (Porsche, Lotus, BMW, and now Ferrari) and I decided to check how many miles I've driven in game. You can check it from My Profile -> My Stats -> Records.

:madmax:

Where were you last Tuesday you big jerk <:mad:>

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Let's do...vintage open cockpit race cars.

B500
Sport Tires Max
No Forza Aero
All other mods free
  • 1958 Aston Martin DBR1
  • 1957 Ferrari 250 California
  • 1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
  • 1956 Jaguar D-Type
  • 1957 Maserati 300 S
- 5 Laps Le Mans Old Mulsanne Circuit
- 10 Laps Mugello Full

Racing on Tuesday night, 10pm Eastern. I'll actually show up this time!

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

I'll be there :getin:

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"

B500
Sport Tires Max
No Forza Aero
All other mods free
  • 1958 Aston Martin DBR1
  • 1956 Jaguar D-Type
  • 1957 Maserati 300 S
- 10 Laps Mugello Full

Why do you insist on sport tires?

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

burtonos posted:

Why do you insist on sport tires?
Because I'm not running an A-Class hopper.

e: To be more constructive, I've been running the AUGR races for quite a while now and whenever I have asked for input as far as coming up with specs for races, people have generally said things ranging from "I don't have any suggestions" to "what we've done in the past has been fun". In combination with that, I've been kind of burned out with running the races and also kind of been bummed out at only having 6-8 people showing up. If you don't like the specs or don't want to participate I'm not going to hold it against you or be mad or anything, I know you have a lot of people you race with and that's fine. Just thought I'd state where I'm coming from.

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 23, 2013

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You don't really need race tires for B class. It's going to hurt more than help as you'll have some handling but lose so many points that could have been in power that you'll be slow.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

You don't really need race tires for B class. It's going to hurt more than help as you'll have some handling but lose so many points that could have been in power that you'll be slow.

I think this would actually be a very interesting case study.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
If you're driving old cars that ran on bias-ply tires in their day, it's cheating to use super-sticky rubber now. MY IMMERSION

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

If you're driving old cars that ran on bias-ply tires in their day, it's cheating to use super-sticky rubber now. MY IMMERSION

I am not racing without my lucky tires!

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

B500
Sport Tires Max
No Forza Aero
All other mods free
  • 1958 Aston Martin DBR1
  • 1956 Jaguar D-Type
  • 1957 Maserati 300 S
- 10 Laps Mugello Full

Missing the 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SLR and Lotus Eleven

Also, the 250 California is a road car.

:spergin:

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 23, 2013

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Ok yeah I forgot those ones...I don't think they were released when I came up with this spec. Since it's the last minute, I'm going to leave them out.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Okay, so I know I'm not exactly a regular in this thread, but I dusted the cobwebs off my F4 copy and have been playing recently. How the hell can I get my hands on a 360 Challenge Stradale and/or a 430 Scuderia? I want to pull my hair out.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

GramCracker posted:

Okay, so I know I'm not exactly a regular in this thread, but I dusted the cobwebs off my F4 copy and have been playing recently. How the hell can I get my hands on a 360 Challenge Stradale and/or a 430 Scuderia? I want to pull my hair out.
Those two are Unicorn Cars. There are 17 of them in the game. The only way to get them is to have them gifted by Turn-10 employees. Now that the game is getting older, there are less chances to get them, but there is a guy who is keeping an up to date list of chances to get them on the FM.Net forums, click here.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

At least one of those Ferraris transferred over if you imported your Forza 3 profile and had them in your FM3 garage.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help/input. I had FM3, however that was all saved on my old hard drive, which decided to stop working :(

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Basticle posted:

At least one of those Ferraris transferred over if you imported your Forza 3 profile and had them in your FM3 garage.

That would be the 430 Scuderia. I think I actually have two of them in my garage.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Q_res posted:

That would be the 430 Scuderia. I think I actually have two of them in my garage.

Would it be too much to ask for one? :allears:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

GramCracker posted:

Would it be too much to ask for one? :allears:

Yes, because Unicorns cannot be gifted.

I think I have every single unicorn except the M3 GTR the only one I really want. :argh:

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Basticle posted:

I think I have every single unicorn except the M3 GTR the only one I really want. :argh:

I have two M3 GTRs. They are gloriously awesome.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I had it in FM3 (and probably 2). :(

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Basticle posted:

I'm pretty sure you can't auction them either, right? It's annoying as hell, I have doubles of the Spirit R and the STi S204 too.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Basticle posted:

Da gently caress! That's incredibly obnoxious. :suicide:

Time to go philander the Forza Forums and try and get one from the devs.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
For today only, there is a new Rivals event in the Monthly Rivals section called something like Rivals Live #8. Anyone who sets a time gets a unicorn car of their choice simply by voting in the poll HERE.

Again, set a time today (4/26) and then go vote in the poll, and you'll get gifted the car you vote for. Must have Live Gold account.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Why hello there NSX R-GT.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

For today only, there is a new Rivals event in the Monthly Rivals section called something like Rivals Live #8. Anyone who sets a time gets a unicorn car of their choice simply by voting in the poll HERE.

Again, set a time today (4/26) and then go vote in the poll, and you'll get gifted the car you vote for. Must have Live Gold account.
Yay! I can finally get the 2005 Honda NSX GT-R that I've wanted for 18 months... for a racing game I haven't turned on in over a month.

Huzzah!

(Not meant to be rude to you in any way, GoL, just bitching.)

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Hooray, got me a Mine's R34 on the way :toot:. Now the only unicorn I need is the Shelby, and I will not feel sad if I never receive that piece of junk.

quackman
Jan 25, 2004
Chapstick

This is weird... the poll says I've already voted and it's for the '2004 Top Secret Silvia D1-Spec S15.'
Or is this all interconnected and I need to set a time first before I can vote properly?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

quackman posted:

This is weird... the poll says I've already voted and it's for the '2004 Top Secret Silvia D1-Spec S15.'
Or is this all interconnected and I need to set a time first before I can vote properly?

You need to log in to you Xbox Live account, then it'll let you vote.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Thanks for that! I think I might have all the unicorns once I get that MINE's R32.

Also pictures

quackman
Jan 25, 2004
Chapstick

Cannot Find Server posted:

You need to log in to you Xbox Live account, then it'll let you vote.

Yup, poll works perfectly when I'm actually logged in. M3-GTR, here I come!

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Hmmm. I played Forza 2. Got busy and never got 3 or 4. But now I kind of want to jump in to 4 after I murdered Horizon. Having read this thread it seems 4 has a pretty solid ongoing community but its rather entrenched at this point. Would it be worth my time picking up 4 or should I just wait and see if 5 is right around the corner...perhaps some news at E3?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

5 will almost certainly be on the next Xbox, so I'd base your decision on whether or not you plan on getting that. If you aren't going to, you might as well pick up 4, it's really good and there are still some of us who play every Tuesday and Wednesday.

Don't worry if you aren't any good, lord knows most of us aren't either.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Even if you decide to get 5, how many months away is that? How many months of having fun playing 4?

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I've got obligations tomorrow evening so I will not be able to host any racing.

Also, Sh1gMan and FamousTable816, who are you?

motox
Aug 27, 2004

Is it bad that I received the M3-GTR unicorn and instantly removed the locked tune

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
After all these years, I finally got my damned M3-GTR.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Do we have one in the AUGR garage? Always wanted to drive it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Nope, AUGR needs one.

• Locked thread