Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Rascyc posted:

Has anyone found the new port crystals that DA added? I was looking around witchwood and could not find it at all.

Evil Canadian posted:

I found one at the bottom of the everfall(during the quest where you go downwards) and in the side cave over at hillfigure knoll.

There's one in the prison bit of the shadow fort - where you get the lever for the gate. The witch wood one is in the tunnel to the area that unlocks after you beat the Witch Hunt quest's golem. I think there was one in either the catacomb or the water gods altar as well, but I'm spacing out on where all I've found them. Definitely a ton out there even in a NG, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Apparently my pawn was summoned today by "Invalid Data"

Great job, Capcom. :ughh:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Apparently my pawn was summoned today by "Invalid Data"

Great job, Capcom. :ughh:
Yeah, do they have any intention of fixing that I wonder?

As much as I like this game (I can say without reservation that it's my favorite Capcom game ever), I feel like it's held together with toothpicks and bubblegum inside.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Aw. It used to be a fun little ritual race for me to try to get into my saved file before the cheesy jpop vocals kicked in.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

5er posted:

Aw. It used to be a fun little ritual race for me to try to get into my saved file before the cheesy jpop vocals kicked in.

Yeah, same here. I guess that's the one complaint they actually listened to :v:.

Also, am I the only one that has a pawn named RED show up immediately when they enter the rift? It's a woman knight that's at level 43 with advanced weapons and armor, and she can be recruited for 0 points. I recruited her the first time I played the game out of curiosity, and she went around murdering all of the baby's first enemies the game threw at me.

\/Whoops, yeah, didn't consider that.

OMG JC a Bomb! fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 25, 2013

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Also, am I the only one that has a pawn named RED show up immediately when they enter the rift? It's a woman knight that's at level 43 with advanced weapons and armor, and she can be recruited for 0 points. I recruited her the first time I played the game out of curiosity, and she went around murdering all of the baby's first enemies the game threw at me.

Did you check to see who the owner is? She might be one of your friends' pawn.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I hate that they didn't add a Dark Arisen/Dragon's Dogma filter to pawn collections, since there's a thin wall inbetween them. I mean I guess it's cool we can still use them, but I know my pawn will never see ratings. I haven't even seen a Dark Arisen compatible pawn since I started a new game.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Ugh drat, is it possible to trade a golden idol or forgery? I somehow messed up the drat quest. If anyone is level 99+ I'd really appreciate it if it's possible. My pawn is the ranger Vixen.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Ugh drat, is it possible to trade a golden idol or forgery? I somehow messed up the drat quest. If anyone is level 99+ I'd really appreciate it if it's possible. My pawn is the ranger Vixen.

Pawn names won't help us find you, what's your PSN/Gamertag?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Dark Arisen's content by itself is my GOTY 2013. Seriously holy poo poo it's so good. The original game restored my faith in Capcom actually being able to make competent games with some design direction - the DA content straight up has me believing that with the engine done they can make a loving AMAZING game.

Also, if anyone needs some help on XBOX feel free to hire my high level (100+) bow only Ranger. GT: Seyavesh

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I made a new Pawn sharing spreadsheet since the old one is cluttered with people who may or may not still play the game:

http://tinyurl.com/c55uvj9

Feel free to add yourselves onto the spreadsheet, and add people to your friends list~
Ideally, this will help people sift through pawns that have good skills and inclinations (and maybe even well dressed), as opposed to the countless lame pawns that might be Guardian/Pioneer/etc.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

If anybody's wondering still, the Portcrystal in Witchwood is in the path to the secluded area where King Bay Leaves can be found. You have to do the Witch Hunt quest though to open it up.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I added myself. Please criticize my pawn's behavior, but not her outfit. I can't help that the best gear I've found doesn't match :)

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Nahxela posted:

I made a new Pawn sharing spreadsheet since the old one is cluttered with people who may or may not still play the game:

Feel free to add yourselves onto the spreadsheet, and add people to your friends list~
Ideally, this will help people sift through pawns that have good skills and inclinations (and maybe even well dressed), as opposed to the countless lame pawns that might be Guardian/Pioneer/etc.

Possible to get that added to the OP?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Nahxela posted:

Is it cool to add multiple PSN IDs or Gamertags to the list for alts? On an unrelated note I really dislike the one save slot per profile restriction.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Yeah, just add another account if you want to.

Tyskil
Jan 28, 2009
Man how long is bitterblack isle? I keep seeing things and thinking "I wonder if I can climb that" and then I can and hey look it's a completely different path that leads to all kinds of loot. This is way to good to be a dungeon that will last longer than 15 minutes.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Tyskil posted:

Man how long is bitterblack isle? I keep seeing things and thinking "I wonder if I can climb that" and then I can and hey look it's a completely different path that leads to all kinds of loot. This is way to good to be a dungeon that will last longer than 15 minutes.

It's a few hours long, but then you realize there are more quests opening up when you finish once (The final boss has a 2nd form too) and you can run through again multiple times and the loot and enemies always resets when you enter and exit any room, letting you farm to your heart's content and kill to your heart's content!

I'm so close to beating the Reaper now, I will not rest until he's down! Just a little over one bar of his health and I'll get his stuff! I summoned him in a tight hallway and all my pawns started throwing explosive barrels at him and using lightning strikes. If only that happened every time!

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I shot an arrow at Death's lantern and he ran away. Maybe he's afraid of the dark?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Lunethex posted:

It's a few hours long, but then you realize there are more quests opening up when you finish once (The final boss has a 2nd form too) and you can run through again multiple times and the loot and enemies always resets when you enter and exit any room, letting you farm to your heart's content and kill to your heart's content!

I'm so close to beating the Reaper now, I will not rest until he's down! Just a little over one bar of his health and I'll get his stuff! I summoned him in a tight hallway and all my pawns started throwing explosive barrels at him and using lightning strikes. If only that happened every time!
I know what you mean, I'm about 1-2 summons before I kill him. I can't wait to see what goodies he drops~ I'm also sad whenever I drop one of the bait meats and get something like an elder ogre. Go away elder ogre, nobody likes you.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Nahxela posted:

I know what you mean, I'm about 1-2 summons before I kill him. I can't wait to see what goodies he drops~ I'm also sad whenever I drop one of the bait meats and get something like an elder ogre. Go away elder ogre, nobody likes you.

I just now killed him and all my hopes were dashed. I got his Bone Lantern and a Scythe Shard, they're just materials :what:

I was really hoping for, all this time, that you'd get his lantern to wear or maybe the scythe would be a warrior weapon. Nope!

Azaael
Jan 15, 2013

Coffee?
I hear he gives you a health boost-is this true?

Tyskil
Jan 28, 2009

Lunethex posted:

and the loot and enemies always resets when you enter and exit any room, letting you farm to your heart's content and kill to your heart's content!

Are you sure about this? I had to go for a bit and when I turned the game back on none of the chests had respawned. Did they get rid of the "save/reload to repopulate all the chests including the one you were standing next to" exploit? If do what triggers new items in chests now?

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
I send you this file in order to have your advice!
I have a newbie question. I picked this game up used for 360 on Sunday and then found out via this thread about the new Dark Arisen content. From what I understand, I should be able to download it on the 360 for free correct? Since I am still getting familiar with the game, how do I know if I have the new content? On Monday, I downloaded a 5mb update for the game, was that it?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE posted:

From what I understand, I should be able to download it on the 360 for free correct?

Hahah, no. Dark Arisen is a rerelease with additional content. You can't get it without buying a Dark Arisen disc on 360 (until it goes up on Games on Demand sometime later).

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE posted:

I have a newbie question. I picked this game up used for 360 on Sunday and then found out via this thread about the new Dark Arisen content. From what I understand, I should be able to download it on the 360 for free correct? Since I am still getting familiar with the game, how do I know if I have the new content? On Monday, I downloaded a 5mb update for the game, was that it?

Nope. The Dark Arisen version is a full release, with the original game and new content. There's no way to get just the new stuff.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

Lunethex posted:

Possible to get that added to the OP?

You betcha.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

So eh... how do you hurt Death? The few times I've encountered him I haven't managed to even scratch him. Then he buggers off like a little girl. Maybe I'm just so scary he can't handle it :black101:

Azaael
Jan 15, 2013

Coffee?
Some neat renders of Savan on this site here showing off some of the new gear:

http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/23/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-launch-trailer-and-character-renders-released/

I really like this pic here:

I think this is some Assassin swag-I always use those Assembled Breeches with my dude as Assassin because head kicks with spiked horseshoes. :black101: That looks like a few new pieces though-I can't tell. I'd need to go through my endless inn-storage of gear.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I have a question or two:

I played through DD when it came out, got the platinum trophy and all that. Does Dark Arisen have a new trophy set?

And just to make sure: if I buy DA, I can start a totally new game, and get all the bonus stuff, for having a DD savefile, correct?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Dirt posted:

I have a question or two:

I played through DD when it came out, got the platinum trophy and all that. Does Dark Arisen have a new trophy set?

And just to make sure: if I buy DA, I can start a totally new game, and get all the bonus stuff, for having a DD savefile, correct?

No new trophies, and it ties into the trophies from the original game so if you earned them before you won't be able to do so again.

Yes.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Millions posted:

You betcha.

First: nice av. I've been binging on 70's / 80's Bowie all winter.

While you're at it, I would suggest tossing a quick blurb in the OP that if you're an owner of the original DD, DA isn't DLC and you will need to buy it separately. It's a small, neurotic thing I acknowledge.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Azaael posted:

I hear he gives you a health boost-is this true?
No, he does not. He dropped some level 3 cursed things, though. One of them ended up being a Magick Archer's Band and it buffed Immolation (and shadowpin), which is one thing I was hoping to get. Sixfold shot's upgrade would be cool, too.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Nahxela posted:

No, he does not. He dropped some level 3 cursed things, though. One of them ended up being a Magick Archer's Band and it buffed Immolation (and shadowpin), which is one thing I was hoping to get. Sixfold shot's upgrade would be cool, too.

I didn't get any Lv.3 stuff, but I did get that ring two days ago.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Can I hoover up everything in towns without concern? The loading screen keeps telling me that being a nuisance will make me hated.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The only way to be a proper nuisance is to scare people with your weapon or throw them around. Maybe bumping into them counts too. All that stuff you see is meant for you.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Exploring rooftops is another fun part of the game~

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So I found how to fight Death as a warrior. Wait for him to launch his sleep AoE. It won't affect you unless you are in the area at the moment it goes off; it has a long animation, but you can't be affected past the initial blast. Then run in and jump slash him two or three times, then run out and wait for his scythe attack to go off. You might try attacking more if you're daring, but I'm a coward. Keeping pawns alive for this is problematic, so the Assassin solo augment might be good, even if DA nerfed it.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Gorecyclops is the worst enemy in DA. I just had to run away because the thing was constantly enraged. I suppose I could cheese it by standing far above its head and shooting it, or inside a doorway. But that's no fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I got my rear end completely wrecked by a series of tornadoes I couldn't escape. Which enemy does that? Because I'm level 102 and they finished me in seconds. Goddamn.

Then I reloaded, Death spawned, and he killed my friend's pawn. I had just given said pawn a ton of dragon-forged gear. When I tried to resummon him, he didn't have it. It said that stuff was gifted to my friend, but my friend is using the original Dragon's Dogma until he buys his own Dark Arisen copy tomorrow. Is that stuff lost?

• Locked thread