Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

quote:

#PlayersOnTheSuarezMenu

Branislav Ivanosandwic
Bacary Lasagne
John Cherry
MacaRooney
Nachos Monreal
Leighton Beans
Dimitar Burgertov
Pear Mertersacker
Edible Cavani
Sergio Biscuits

Add more to it!!

THANKS SOCCER MEMES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
I HOPE YOU BURN IN HELL, YOU lovely REFEREE

+6 MINUTES?

BUT SUÁREZ SCORED AT 97’

HE BIT BRANNA

AND NOTHING HAPPENED!

KEVIN FRIEND… A FRIEND OF LIVERPOOL!

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

belgend posted:

THANKS SOCCER MEMES

Er, wrong thread

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TyChan posted:

I HOPE YOU BURN IN HELL, YOU lovely REFEREE

+6 MINUTES?

BUT SUÁREZ SCORED AT 97’

HE BIT BRANNA

AND NOTHING HAPPENED!

KEVIN FRIEND… A FRIEND OF LIVERPOOL!

Why is Olivier Giroud so mad?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

julian assflange posted:

Why is Olivier Giroud so mad?

he saw red and Suarez didn't?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
way wrong thread

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
HanwhaEagles
In Munich, there are a lot of handsome athlete.

Therefore, it is natural for Munich win.

The reason for it, the sport is dominated by a handsome man.

Ha, ha, ha!

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Wasn't sure where to put this so I'm erring on the side of caution. I am not ashamed to admit I lol'd.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Is that Piers Morgan's face?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Yes.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Was this posted yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARM2CsH1p6k

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Some quality posts on RAWK today:

quote:

That's magnificent from the FA. Ben Thatcher got 8 games and this, which isn't even a love bite, is worse than John Terry calling a fellow footballer a "F*cking B*ack C*nt" by a whole 6 games.

You could not make them up, you really couldn't

quote:

Not surprised, but doesn't make me any less pissed.

Exactly what I expected. The FA can gently caress off. We should boycott the FA Cup, the loving twats.

quote:

Corruption. That simple.

This is the first page. There's already 13+.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

EvilHawk posted:

Some quality posts on RAWK today:

This is the first page. There's already 13+.

quote:

No I'm talking loan him to a club for early kick-off then recall him and loan him to a club for a 3pm kick-off etc

Scouse ingenuity.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Bland posted:

Scouse ingenuity.

That would be some hilarity.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

The eleven who will face Dortmund tonight

Thank you Marca :thumbsup:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Hegav posted:

The eleven who will face Dortmund tonight

Thank you Marca :thumbsup:

Shouldn't it be XI-Men?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Shouldn't it be XI-Men?

Ozil is an alien lets be honest with ourselves

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

There has never been a wronger thread.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
A Liverpool fan on a Celtic forum gives his views on Suarez:

quote:

Best player in the English leagues, tremendous.

Don't give a gently caress if he is a lunatic. Still believe to this day that what he called Evra was nothing like what was reported. I don't quite buy into the whole Ferguson instrumented it, but I don't think Suarez comes across as the type to hold race above another person. Plus, let's face it, Evra is a grade A oval office - easily worse than Suarez - and he was found out before for talking shite about racist remarks. The fallout was completely overblown and it's a shame it's ruined Suarez for the masses because rather than appreciate the fact he is an unbelievable player, they just buy into the media frenzy and want him shot, it's quite sad.It's pretty much racism, which is ironic considering they all hate Suarez for opinions created by the media, fuelled by racial undertones.

Oh, and I'd rather have a player like Suarez who is a complete and utter lunatic and may do the odd crazy thing, but gives more to the team than anybody. Not just goals, but his general commitment - he was chewing his own fists after giving away the penalty. When we lost to United he was FURIOUS, wouldn't look at his teammates, where as shitehouses like Downing were laughing away withunited players. When we lost to Zenit recently - the diddy cup until we are in it of course - he looked ready to cry, where as if Gerrard - y'know, Mr. LFC - did not looked fussed at all.

The guy buys into Liverpool 100% and would take that type of passion in all our players, Celtic or Liverpool, with the chance they may gently caress up and get a ban or do something nuts, than a team of shitebags who don't cross the line and don't care if we lose.

I defend Suarez to the hilt for the same reasons I defend Lennon when people try to assassinate his character. I defend them both because I believe that if I was to stop either in the street and tell them I think they are brilliant, I reckon both would be quite happy to hear it. Not because I count for anything, but because they actually give a eff about making a difference to the fans. They both have dealt with incredible hardship in their career, and both are willing to go to incredible lengths for the club they play for/manage.

Suarez looks like a prick on the pitch, but some of the stuff he has done away from football has been great, I haven't read anybody really call him anything but positives in interviews, meetings in the street, charity event etc. He's an extremely humble person from what I read.

No doubt somebody will have to remind me but he dives/is a racist/is a cheat/is a prick but that's your opinion, this is mine. He may have some character flaws but so do I, and so do all of us. The media has killed his image to pretty much everyone, but I find it most concerning that Celtic fans of all people have turned so harshly on him, considering we see the exact same tactics being used on Celtic players for decades.

Institutional racism - is biting worse than Rooneys tackle that was so bad it needed four top brass lawyers to try and rescind? - in the FA and English football is rife. It's disgusting and frankly rather than make me feel like they are pushing ahead to save the game in England, they've completely effed it. They took one of the key entertainment values in the league and banned him for six months. No saviours in England, only the corrupt , stuck in their ways old bigots.

For the record, I laughed when Suarez bit Ivanovic, and I couldn't stop laughing. That was funny business, truly hilarious. It's not condonable, of course, it's madness and he deserves a ban of some variety - 3/4 games - but for god sake it's hardly a cynical, evil, career ending lunge or a poke in the eyes. It was akin to that of a slap around the face, worth of a red but gently caress all else.

I would also laugh if I seen Ashley Young, or Hazard, or anyone bite an opponent. I laughed when Defoe done it and I laughed when Hazard attacked the ballboy. Why? Because I don't get mockrage when something happens in football. I appreciate that they are people and sometimes people lose the nut. I'm not a bastion of integrity either, so why should I expect them to be?

I think it's time people dropped this role model poo poo because if you aren't a good enough parent to be your own children' role model, stop blaming professional sportsmen and sort your own life out. Footballers are not role models, nor should they be, they live an exceptional and very rare lifestyle that only a million or two in the whole planet get the chance to.
If I ever have a kid and he bites somebody and tries to relate it to a footballer as his justification, I'll put him in his room and concrete the door up until he learns some brains. If you are stupid enough to believe that because a guy on the telly done it, it's aright, well you need some quiet time to mature because TV is full of pumpkins and if people do not tell their kids that, that is their fault - not the guy on the tv.

Personally understand the furore of what he done wrong and shampoo, but this general idea that he is some terrible person is effing horrible and a poor assessment of who is, trust me, every bit as good a person as some of the people you hold in the highest esteem at Parkhead. I've read far too many stories about Suarez and his outside of football behaviour to think he is the petulant primadonna he is made out to be.

If he leaves in the summer because of the way he is treated and not sporting ambition, I think I'll be packing it in with regards to watching English football. Watching Liverpool of course will never change, even if we were in the Alliance, but I can't go the monotony and the constant poo poo of the Premiership any longer, it's really beginning to wear me down. Celtic, Liverpool and Bundesliga for me I think, don't need the stress of a morally bankrupt EPL and the way they castigate good men but reward filth like Terry and Giggs* as pantheons of the world of football.

* Respect what he has done, he is an excellent player, but all of his on-field attributes to me are diminished by the fact he shagged his brothers wife for ten years. I'd say that's worse than biting someone, yet he still brave Sir Ryan, and not a loving iota is said about that, by anybody.

Her Dryer fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 25, 2013

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Haha comparing adultery to literally assaulting another player with his teeth, amazing.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
He's right though, Giggs is a oval office. You're nitpicking tbh.

e: wrong thread FFS!

Xabi fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 25, 2013

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Ninpo posted:

Haha comparing adultery to literally assaulting another player with his teeth, amazing.

I'd rather be bit than have my brother gently caress my wife behind my back for 10 years

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

I'd rather be bit than have my brother gently caress my wife behind my back for 10 years

On one hand yes, on the other hand, only one of them happened during a game (as far as I'm aware, otherwise props to Giggsy)

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

The Mash posted:

On one hand yes, on the other hand, only one of them happened during a game (as far as I'm aware, otherwise props to Giggsy)

Yes props to Ryan Giggs for loving his brother's wife behind his back for 10 years

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Homura posted:

Yes props to Ryan Giggs for loving his brother's wife behind his back for 10 years
He means during a game.

Meanwhile

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Homura posted:

#topLAD

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

8raz posted:

He means during a game.

Meanwhile

I just checked out the url at the bottom.

LOL

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Now that, gentlemen, is how you stick two fingers up to the FA.
Beautiful work Brendan.

We lack goals without suarez. FA's punishment really hurts us hard.

That was for Luis, Well in lads.

Lovely. gently caress you Pardew. gently caress you Noocassle
And gently caress you the FA

Coutinho is the new Suarez

Up yours FA

LFC STRIKER BITES HIS OWN HAND
PRIME MINISTER CALLS FOR LIVERPOOL'S EVACUATION

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

quote:

If the "N WORD" is an unacceptable form of language then no one should be able to use it.

Cant have it both ways!

Its impossible for me to sing Dr Dre songs in public......lol

quote:

Well [Clarke Carlisle] wouldn't be happy would he being a n*gger himself

quote:

He constantly uses his skin colour as an excuse as not being racist. He openly mocks his race. What he says is offensive.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Good thing Rabih Hamdan got his name on there, wouldn't want anyone stealing it

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Chose yur target Suarez... fukn fagit

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I don't even understand that one. Balo is a snake and bit him?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I think it's supposed to mean that Balotelli is so hard/tough that Suarez can't bite him? I think he's smoking a cigarette and not a snake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marcadia
Sep 13, 2005

It might not seem plausible at all, but in the twisted world of football, anything is possible. I am not a fan of conspiracy theories, unless there is some credible evidence to back it up, but I have to admit that the information I received last night made me think twice!

Sir Alex Ferguson has made it clear that he is in the market for a marquee signing this summer. It has also become clear, just by simple deduction, that the short list of players is Bale, Ronaldo, Lewandowski and Modric. Obviously, he cannot and will not bid on all of them, but there are good reasons why he would not want Tottenham to make a Champions League place in the Premier League table this season. It is likely that there will be a bid for Gareth Bale as a number one priority, despite the sabre rattling of Tottenham chairman, Daniel Levy.

For Bale to even consider leaving Tottenham, he would firstly have to know that they will NOT be in the Champions League next season, i.e. they will finish outside the top four. Until United played Chelsea yesterday, Tottenham were in a strong position to edge Chelsea out of fourth place and get that prized spot. However, Sir Alex made sure that Chelsea stayed ahead in the race by fielding a second string team. Furthermore, the players did not seem to care one jot about the game. People will say that it was simply a case of they had already won the title, so what the hell! However, if that is the case, why did Sir Alex play a full strength team against Arsenal?

It is obvious that there has been a bit of gerrymandering of results here to ensure that:-
1/ Tottenham do not make fourth place and miss out on the Champions League

2/ In that event, Bale may well be open to a move to a team that IS in the Champions League next season.

Do not ever think that this sort of chicanery does not go on. Here is a report of a fixed result from Wikipedia:-

"Another example took place on the next-to-last weekend of the 1992–93 Serie A season. Milan entered their match with Brescia needing only a point to secure the title ahead of crosstown rivals Inter, while Brescia believed a point would be enough for them to avoid relegation. In a 2004 retrospective on the "dodgiest games" in football history, two British journalists said about the match, "For over 80 minutes, the two teams engaged in a shameful game of cat-and-mouse, in which the cat appeared to have fallen asleep and the mouse was on tranquilisers." Milan scored in the 82nd minute, but Brescia "mysteriously found themselves with a huge overlap" and equalised two minutes later. The 1–1 draw gave Milan their title, but in the end did not help Brescia; other results went against them and they suffered the drop."

It does go on and I think that the FA should at least ask Ferguson why he played a weakened team against Chelsea, but not against Arsenal?