Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

IRQ posted:

Season 6
Featuring Ron Jeremy as that one master that totally wasn't a stand in for GRRM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Uh, I think you mean Starz. That way our series can have all dicks flopping about it needs to be truly represented on screen.

The number of dicks on screen in Game of Bones season 1 will be measured in miles.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
I want it to be on AMC instead so it can be classy and tasteful, like the source material.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Don't talk to me about AMC. The wounds left by their premature cancelling of Rubicon, they are still too fresh.

My eyes contain such sorrow, can it be?!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Joramun posted:

I want it to be on AMC instead so it can be classy and tasteful, like the source material.

AMC would just gently caress up everything and fire actors and directors mid-season so they can save a buck, all while changing plot points and pissing off the TVIV goo...

Yeah, it needs to be on AMC.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
If it was on AMC Joffrey wouldn't die at his wedding he would throw a tantrum shoot a few people with a crossbow and then dissapear into the woods as a season finale.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Naw, Manderly would just blow him up with his (merman) wheelchair.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Getting off bookchat for a moment, when is a Gash of Quims going to be finished?

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

I Own Soulz posted:

Eventually the Starks become the white walkers and the "Winter is Coming" phrase takes on a slightly more sinister meaning. The Greyjoys become the new Targaryens, trying to resurrect krakens so that they may regain what was once theirs. And the rest turn to incest, the end.

I LIKE it!

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Uh, I think you mean Starz. That way our series can have all dicks flopping about it needs to be truly represented on screen.

Especially that dick fight scene.

"Beat that dick over there."

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

New dick training scene with beating dicks against walls, trees, etc. CONFIRMED. Maybe more like a dick montage?

Get on that, Cards.

Me and BoT are going to review each other's chapters (when I get mine done [never {but they're gonna digress into crusader kings let's plays anyway}]), meaning at least some of it will be done?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

SaviourX posted:

Me and BoT are going to review each other's chapters (when I get mine done [never {but they're gonna digress into crusader kings let's plays anyway}]), meaning at least some of it will be done?

Remember, eh, I know where in the hinterland you live, hoser. I know who's who. You're my cousin Bob's roommate's sister's brother, Doug's best friend's step-son. You better get a slapshottin' there, Mats, your momma ain't gonna be around to feed you no Chunky Soup for much longer. She's gonna take off, if you get my snowdrift.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
My Jen Ice chapters will be done when I get home Sunday and have all day to drink like an Irish poet.

Also, I'm writing the 9th episode of the Game of Bones TV series. We replaced all the characters with male prostitutes and merged the characters of Orion Martin and Darksun so now he just fucks himself.

stawk Archer
Jun 19, 2004

by angerbot
at least we haven't been subject to depictions of old people sex or anything like that. I hope Barristan doesn't become especially interesting like that

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

stawk Archer posted:

at least we haven't been subject to depictions of old people sex or anything like that. I hope Barristan doesn't become especially interesting like that

New chapter idea!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Bursting Salami, disgraced Emperor's Guard, will make his appearance in the Demi Turduckyen chapters, unless B_o_T has totally gone off the reservation.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Remember, eh, I know where in the hinterland you live, hoser. I know who's who. You're my cousin Bob's roommate's sister's brother, Doug's best friend's step-son. You better get a slapshottin' there, Mats, your momma ain't gonna be around to feed you no Chunky Soup for much longer. She's gonna take off, if you get my snowdrift.
BOY THAT BOBBY STARK SURE CAME DOWN O'ER THE TWINS LIKE A MEAN CHINOOK, EH? HUN'ERD CLICKS AN HOUR -- RADDLED UP THEM LANNISTERS SUMPTHIN' FIERCE. SHAME THOUGH THEY TURNED THAT WOLF UH' HIS INNU' A TOQUE!

e:
:canada:

unlimited shrimp fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Apr 26, 2013

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3545347&pagenumber=56#post414843375

*writes dissertation on show*

Hey wanna read the books the show is based on? Nah.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Is GIlly just going to hand Sam a shard of obsidian and say "Above the wall we all carry these around at all times for no known reason" or is Ghost going to hand him a bag of obsidian shards also for no reason? How is sam going to accidentally save the day next week?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Krinkle posted:

Is GIlly just going to hand Sam a shard of obsidian and say "Above the wall we all carry these around at all times for no known reason" or is Ghost going to hand him a bag of obsidian shards also for no reason? How is sam going to accidentally save the day next week?

They found a bag with obsidian poo poo at the Fist.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I don't remember that. I remember not seeing that more than I remember not remembering that.

e: Okay I found someone else who remembers but they never gave any to Sam, I don't think.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 26, 2013

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
It was last season, Edd, Grenn and Sam were digging some holes and they found it wrapped in a nights watch cloak.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Edd's the one who looks like Ben Foster, right?

stawk Archer
Jun 19, 2004

by angerbot

equity posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3545347&pagenumber=56#post414843375

*writes dissertation on show*

Hey wanna read the books the show is based on? Nah.

You see, Jon's slack jaw etc etc something about reactionary politics and the meaning behind the title, "Game" of Thrones.

Also, apparently subtext is why the book is good. Not the dialogue that's miles beyond most fiction of any kind, the deep characterization, and the real tension that comes with a realistically conceived world.

gently caress subtext. This was awesome btw:

stawk Archer fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 26, 2013

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

stawk Archer posted:

Also, apparently subtext is why the book is good. Not the dialogue that's miles beyond most fiction of any kind, the deep characterization, and the real tension that comes with a realistically conceived world.

I like the books a lot, but seriously?

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.
"GRRM's A Song of Ice and Fire series has dialogue that is miles beyond any other fictional work," says person who has never read a another book in their lifetime. "Deep characterization! Realistic tension! More descriptions of food than the entirety of Better Baking's back catalog!" raved the completely blown-away man after finally reading his first literary work without any accompanying pictures. "Two thumbs and my penis way way up!"

But in all seriousness anyone who says that freaking George RR Martin has written dialogue in the upper echelons of all fiction ever produced has to be either incredibly poorly read or high. I liked the first book quite a lot but let us be real.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Come on, you gotta read the subtext of the comment!

"any other fictional work written by NYT best-selling author RA Salvatore"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sophia posted:

"GRRM's A Song of Ice and Fire series has dialogue that is miles beyond any other fictional work," says person who has never read a another book in their lifetime. "Deep characterization! Realistic tension! More descriptions of food than the entirety of Better Baking's back catalog!" raved the completely blown-away man after finally reading his first literary work without any accompanying pictures. "Two thumbs and my penis way way up!"

But in all seriousness anyone who says that freaking George RR Martin has written dialogue in the upper echelons of all fiction ever produced has to be either incredibly poorly read or high. I liked the first book quite a lot but let us be real.

This post is better written than ASOIAF :colbert:

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Sophia posted:

Said the unhinged fangirl of the egregiously dumbed-down TV adaptation.

For the record: I don't agree with stawk Archer about the dialogue either (though he is spot on about the characterization and worldbuilding). But it is a bit hard to take you mocking and putting down a devotee of the source material seriously when you yourself wax equally hyperbolic about the TV show (which is fine and even endearing, but not really anything to get all :smug: about) .

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

quote:

Remember, eh, I know where in the hinterland you live, hoser.
Did you have a stroke up there? Are you ok?

Isn't Salvy on like book 50 of: The Exact Same loving Thing: The Fuckening?

People that talk about subtext in a stupidly blunt show: TVIV.

Can't wait to see what comes from a place that has people with life choices that lead to a name like: Cumfart Gurantee(sic?).

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Fellas, ladies, maybe, just maybe, the books AND the show are awful nerd poo poo for assholes.

:ohdear:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
It has never been more known

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Fellas, ladies, maybe, just maybe, the books AND the show are awful nerd poo poo for assholes.

:ohdear:

B-but the American Tolkien!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

http://rasalvatore.com/bookstore/default.aspx

Most of what Salvy writes is an ever-increasing volume of Drizzt stuff. It's kind of horrific that there's still a market for that, but I guess the world will never run out of 11-year-old boys and 35-year-old virgin men.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

Hang on I'm spooling up my egregiously hyperbolic fangirl waxing machine to unhinge myself all over your asses

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Why do the denizens of one thread need to feel superior to the other? This isn't pot-kettle territory this is shrieking "POT" into a mirror

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
What is the thread title referring to?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

ADWD is A Dance With Dragons, the fifth volume in George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire. He is the American Tolkien.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Sophia posted:

Hang on I'm spooling up my egregiously hyperbolic fangirl waxing machine to unhinge myself all over your asses

At least take us out to dinner first. We aren't just some floozies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

Joramun posted:

At least take us out to dinner first. We aren't just some floozies.

Every single person in this thread would go to bed for nothing more than a wink, a smile and a heartfelt reading of a Game of Bones excerpt and you know it!