Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Judgement posted:

That Riddler redesign was the worst. The worst!!!

...except maybe for the Catwoman one, jesus.

The only good thing about the Catwoman redesign was that it distracted from Nightwing's awful hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Haha, yeah, the New Batman Adventures version of the Nightwing costume is very good and elegant, but that loving mullet...

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I saw the new DCAU flick, Superman Unbound, and its sort of...surreal, for a number of reasons.

For some reason, Clark is hiding his relationship with Lois because he figures that if someone finds out his secret identity, she'll be killed. This leads to Lois chastizing him throughout the entire movie for it, and suggesting that he pretend he's gay to cover being Superman. Not in a joking way mind you, dead serious.

Also, the movie is bananas when it comes to violence. Braniac blows the back of a Kryptonian's head out, and blood/brain matter flies everywhere. Aliens are ripped apart and Braniac is defeated while being burned alive, with his skin melting off, screaming. Its really quite horrifying.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Lurdiak posted:

Haha, yeah, the New Batman Adventures version of the Nightwing costume is very good and elegant, but that loving mullet...

Which makes even less sense since he lost it in the very first issue of his solo series.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Which makes even less sense since he lost it in the very first issue of his solo series.

I don't think Timm likes Dick aside from the mullet we got the really skeezy "He never got over me chosing Bruce over him." reveal in Beyond.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

SirDan3k posted:

I don't think Timm likes Dick aside from the mullet we got the really skeezy "He never got over me chosing Bruce over him." reveal in Beyond.

The skeezy part about that is the implication that Barbara got with Bruce. Yuck.

Argon_Sloth
Dec 23, 2006

I PLAYED BATTLETOADS AND ALL I GOT WAS A RASH IN MY ASS

Lurdiak posted:

The skeezy part about that is the implication that Barbara got with Bruce. Yuck.

The Mystery of the Batwoman movie, makes the makes the same implication.

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.

Lurdiak posted:

Argon_Sloth posted:

The Mystery of the Batwoman movie, makes the makes the same implication.

Even as a kid that grossed me out.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
In the episode with Talia it shows all his loves and Barbra was included.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just finished JLU and oh boy, that was great. Would I be wrong in saying I liked Season 1 more though? I mean the last few episodes of Season 2 were fantastic, but most of it honestly felt like a bit of meandering and revisiting stuff that didn't need revisiting like the underground tournaments, ANOTHER loving EVIL VILLAIN GROUP, and then there was that whole thing with the invincible Norse warrior. I also don't like how the last season did nothing with Batman and Wonder Woman's whole relationship, it seems like it didn't even want to bother acknowledging it even though they spent the entire series building up their relationship. Oh and more Hawkgirl/Green Lantern drama complete with that stupid past lives crap, oh my god that entire episode was awkward to sit through.

Season 1 had a lot of great stuff. An entire episode dedicated to Question basically grilling EVERYONE for a solution to the Justice Lords problem, Batman and Zatanna's bizarre adventures complete with Kevin Conroy singing, the Black Canary and Green Lantern episode with Wildcat, Booster Gold episode, For The Man Who Has Everything, and the ENTIRE END OF THE FIRST SEASON! Oh my god, Flash breaking apart Luthor-Brainiac by going around the world and punching him to hell was amazing, I lost my poo poo at that. Epilogue is good for what it is too, I need to rewatch Batman Beyond to get the full effect of it, but it was still really good for the Justice League stuff it had in it.

Season 2 had some really good episodes too despite my complaints, Flash and Substance, the Great Brain Robbery, the last two episodes were the only ones I really cared for, but they were fantastic nonetheless. I'd love to watch another show like JLU where it shows off the Universe of the Comics so well, I think Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Batman Brave and the Bold are the only other cartoons I know about that do as well of a job at showing off the entire spectrum of heroes in their respective universes. I haven't watched Young Justice or the Green Lantern series' though, so I might need to check those out soon.

Now I don't know if I want to rewatch Brave and the Bold or Earth's Mightiest Heroes since it's been a good while since I've watched both and missed their entire last seasons.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I just finished JLU and oh boy, that was great. Would I be wrong in saying I liked Season 1 more though? I mean the last few episodes of Season 2 were fantastic, but most of it honestly felt like a bit of meandering and revisiting stuff that didn't need revisiting like the underground tournaments, ANOTHER loving EVIL VILLAIN GROUP, and then there was that whole thing with the invincible Norse warrior. I also don't like how the last season did nothing with Batman and Wonder Woman's whole relationship, it seems like it didn't even want to bother acknowledging it even though they spent the entire series building up their relationship. Oh and more Hawkgirl/Green Lantern drama complete with that stupid past lives crap, oh my god that entire episode was awkward to sit through.

Season 1 had a lot of great stuff. An entire episode dedicated to Question basically grilling EVERYONE for a solution to the Justice Lords problem, Batman and Zatanna's bizarre adventures complete with Kevin Conroy singing, the Black Canary and Green Lantern episode with Wildcat, Booster Gold episode, For The Man Who Has Everything, and the ENTIRE END OF THE FIRST SEASON! Oh my god, Flash breaking apart Luthor-Brainiac by going around the world and punching him to hell was amazing, I lost my poo poo at that. Epilogue is good for what it is too, I need to rewatch Batman Beyond to get the full effect of it, but it was still really good for the Justice League stuff it had in it.

Season 2 had some really good episodes too despite my complaints, Flash and Substance, the Great Brain Robbery, the last two episodes were the only ones I really cared for, but they were fantastic nonetheless. I'd love to watch another show like JLU where it shows off the Universe of the Comics so well, I think Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Batman Brave and the Bold are the only other cartoons I know about that do as well of a job at showing off the entire spectrum of heroes in their respective universes. I haven't watched Young Justice or the Green Lantern series' though, so I might need to check those out soon.

Now I don't know if I want to rewatch Brave and the Bold or Earth's Mightiest Heroes since it's been a good while since I've watched both and missed their entire last seasons.

Note that what's labelled as Season 1 on Netflix is actually two seasons: the first one ends with The Once and Future Thing. The second one has the Luthoriac and conspiracy stuff, and was generally the best.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That makes sense. It felt a bit weird that what seemed like a season finale was in the middle of Season 1, so yeah Season 2 is definitely the best one and the one I enjoyed the most out of every JL season.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Sex_Ferguson posted:

That makes sense. It felt a bit weird that what seemed like a season finale was in the middle of Season 1, so yeah Season 2 is definitely the best one and the one I enjoyed the most out of every JL season.

If you are watching on netflix, they only have Batman Brave and the Bold for instant only up to Starro Part 1. Yes they actually don't have a 2 part episode intact. Not sure what is all uploaded for Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes though.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Season 2 was justified the day "Patriot Act" aired. I won't say it's the best episode of the series, or even of season 2, but drat it was good to see the Seven Soldiers get a bit of love. That episode made pre-Morrison Shining Knight cool. That is an accomplishment.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Chaos Hippy posted:

Season 2 was justified the day "Patriot Act" aired. I won't say it's the best episode of the series, or even of season 2, but drat it was good to see the Seven Soldiers get a bit of love. That episode made pre-Morrison Shining Knight cool. That is an accomplishment.

"I see now why they calling him 'Dirty.' He besmirches his order!"

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
Did anyone catch Episode 2 of Teen Titans Go?

Because it sold me on the show, especially the second short.

spikenigma
Nov 13, 2005

by Ralp
Superman unbound was pretty boring and generic.

The only thing really cool was the ending scene with Clark and Lois in the office.

Even the supposed emotional highs and lows were 'cardboardy'.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

AlternateNu posted:

"I see now why they calling him 'Dirty.' He besmirches his order!"

If you want to be watching stuff on my big TV with the 5.1 surround sound, you had best watch what you say about Mr. Clint Eastwood.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Chaltab posted:

Did anyone catch Episode 2 of Teen Titans Go?

Because it sold me on the show, especially the second short.
It's definitely different, but not nearly as hokey as I thought it would be. The zillions of deadpan background DC references are pretty great; I think I was actually laughing by the time I saw a Darkseid doll lying randomly on the floor at one point. One thing's for sure: If it weren't for the entire original cast (even Kevin M. Richardson as Trigon) coming back it would be infinitely less enjoyable.

Also, back when it was a semi-serious teen-targeted show, referencing death, using actual guns, and mentioning Batman weren't allowed. Apparently now that it's been revamped for a much younger audience, all that stuff is cool. Cartoon Network S&P :allears:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I just finished most of Earth's Mightiest Heroes and if I never read or watch another adaptation of the skrull story arc I will really be OK. Once they get past the initial gimmick, skrulls are really, really boring and the episodes drag out interminably.

The second season just doesn't have quite as many awesome moments as the first. In the first season we get plenty of Thor, who is really the best character on the show (EMH's Iron Man really sucks, by comparison), and they blow up New York every other episode. With the second season, the best moment has probably been Thor snapping out of Purple Man's mind control:

"Purple Man?. . . PURPLE MAN!"

Not to mention the whole Beta Ray Bill thing.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 4, 2013

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I just finished most of Earth's Mightiest Heroes and if I never read or watch another adaptation of the skrull story arc I will really be OK. Once they get past the initial gimmick, skrulls are really, really boring and the episodes drag out interminably.

The second season just doesn't have quite as many awesome moments as the first. In the first season we get plenty of Thor, who is really the best character on the show (EMH's Iron Man really sucks, by comparison), and they blow up New York every other episode. With the second season, the best moment has probably been Thor snapping out of Purple Man's mind control:

"Purple Man?. . . PURPLE MAN!"

Not to mention the whole Beta Ray Bill thing.

Despite the fact I preferred the longer story arcs, I agree the Secret Invasion stuff should have really been cut down. It's still a pity we're not getting any more of it, as it's probably one of the best animated outings Marvel has had.

And the follow-ups seem like they're going to be mediocre or bad. Especially Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. It also bugs me we haven't seen anything from Avengers Assemble.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

The second season suffers from some editing problems in that a lot of the second half seems to have been chopped up so that every episode could be self-contained. I remember Vision's introduction was in one episode, then another unrelated episode happened, then Vision had his turn-to-good in the 3rd. It seemed like that would've flowed better if it just had a 2 part episode instead of 2 individual episodes separated by something unrelated.

I do agree the Skrull invasion wasn't as good as it could've been. DC seemed COMPLETELY EMPTY when they were fighting.

On the plus side, I liked Drake as Spider-Man in it. It shows he's actually a good voice actor, it is just the material he's given in Ultimate Spider-Man is horrible. Still a shame they had him overdub Josh Keaton's voice, though.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

notthegoatseguy posted:

The second season suffers from some editing problems in that a lot of the second half seems to have been chopped up so that every episode could be self-contained. I remember Vision's introduction was in one episode, then another unrelated episode happened, then Vision had his turn-to-good in the 3rd. It seemed like that would've flowed better if it just had a 2 part episode instead of 2 individual episodes separated by something unrelated.

That's kinda the established EMH style, though. By the time the prison break happens in season 1, there are already several galaxy-level threats plotting against the Avengers, Earth, or even just REALITY ITSELF, YOU FOOLS!

quote:

I do agree the Skrull invasion wasn't as good as it could've been. DC seemed COMPLETELY EMPTY when they were fighting.

They build things up endlessly, establish rules like "They need to kidnap people and perform a ritual to steal their memories and powers," and then in the last couple of episodes there is a skrull version of everybody with full powers for some reason.

I'm just sick of Secret Invasion in all its media forms, really. And the skrulls in EMH look really dumb.

The first season was a lot better, because they were constantly fighting really over-the-top villains. I bring a message from the future, Captain America. And the message is. . . Die. (I'm not actually sure if that was even in reference to the skrull thing or is just a plot point that will never be sorted out).

The second season is full of interpersonal conflict episodes, which just sort of spin their wheels after a while (and it really would have helped if they never directly revealed that Captain America was a skrull, because then you're just waiting for like 15 episodes for the shoe to drop). The massive absurdity factor is mostly gone. It's also got all sorts of horrible inconsistencies when you think about it. Hulk is captured by General Ross, at the behest of Skrull Captain America, and everyone pieces this together. But no one bothers to go get Banner, even though they've got the connections to hunt that down. And that's after Maria Hill is like "The Hulk is attacking SHIELD! No I don't care that he's red or is on fire! It's the Hulk, durrrrrr!"

Neither season solves the problem of Iron Man being impossibly boring and having a horribly-designed Cro-Magnon helmet face, though.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Hazo posted:

Also, back when it was a semi-serious teen-targeted show, referencing death, using actual guns, and mentioning Batman weren't allowed. Apparently now that it's been revamped for a much younger audience, all that stuff is cool. Cartoon Network S&P :allears:
I'm not really sure it's aimed at a younger audience now. It is a revamp/reboot/sequel to a ten year old TV show, and the original show skewed younger than other DCAU shows. All those choices you mentioned weren't Cartoon Network S&P but a stylistic choice that Murakami and co made.

I think overall, there's also an attitude that the goofier a show's default tone, the more it can get away with in some regards. Think of Batman: TBATB, which had both Bat-Mite insanity and Batman impersonating a priest to get a death bed confession out of a mobster. Not to mention the Emperor Joker episode, where Joker repeatedly murdered and resurrected Batman for kicks.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

The second season is full of interpersonal conflict episodes, which just sort of spin their wheels after a while (and it really would have helped if they never directly revealed that Captain America was a skrull, because then you're just waiting for like 15 episodes for the shoe to drop). The massive absurdity factor is mostly gone. It's also got all sorts of horrible inconsistencies when you think about it. Hulk is captured by General Ross, at the behest of Skrull Captain America, and everyone pieces this together. But no one bothers to go get Banner, even though they've got the connections to hunt that down. And that's after Maria Hill is like "The Hulk is attacking SHIELD! No I don't care that he's red or is on fire! It's the Hulk, durrrrrr!"

To be fair, that's kinda classic Maria Hill. :allears:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Chaltab posted:

I'm not really sure it's aimed at a younger audience now. It is a revamp/reboot/sequel to a ten year old TV show, and the original show skewed younger than other DCAU shows. All those choices you mentioned weren't Cartoon Network S&P but a stylistic choice that Murakami and co made.

I think overall, there's also an attitude that the goofier a show's default tone, the more it can get away with in some regards. Think of Batman: TBATB, which had both Bat-Mite insanity and Batman impersonating a priest to get a death bed confession out of a mobster. Not to mention the Emperor Joker episode, where Joker repeatedly murdered and resurrected Batman for kicks.
You're totally right; I was just taking a cheap shot at how Cartoon Network's S&P folks seem to think that the more absurd the tone, the more a show can get away with.

Although, not everything in the original series was a stylistic choice. There was definitely higher-up meddling going on. I remember an interview with Ashley Johnson talking about how awkward it was (as Terra) to beg to be "destroyed" during the Judas Contract retelling. I think there was also a lot of crackdown happening because it was airing alongside Justice League and The Batman, both of which were great shows in their own right and tended to cater to older demographics (especially JL).

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Hazo posted:

I remember an interview with Ashley Johnson talking about how awkward it was (as Terra) to beg to be "destroyed" during the Judas Contract retelling.(especially JL).
If you have a link to that interview, I'd love to see it. I've always wondered why they didn't think of a less awkward phrasing for that scene.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Soooo Teen Titans Go is really weird.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Chaltab posted:

If you have a link to that interview, I'd love to see it. I've always wondered why they didn't think of a less awkward phrasing for that scene.
I can't find it. I may be either misremembering the details, or it might be on a forums post that doesn't exist anymore (the cast and crew would occasionally pop onto fan sites), or it could have even been part of a raw interview I read that was eventually cut down. Closest I can find is some leftover chatter from Sam Register about how they ran into some "issues" with the intensity. Sorry.

muscles like this? posted:

Soooo Teen Titans Go is really weird.
It sure is... something. They really cranked up Robin's dickishness.

vvv Yeah that was sort of out of nowhere.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 02:47 on May 8, 2013

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The bit on tonight's episode with Robin's inner monologue coming alive and running off with Starfire was just really out there.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Disney has announced their first Marvel animated movie and its... Big Hero 6. Don Hall is directing with a scheduled release date of 2014.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The new Teen Titans seems pretty...dark.

People being eaten in the background, going on a grand quest that ends in an unsatisfying failure, the team almost begging Raven to kill them all, Robin knowingly helping a criminal just to get a license, Robin kidnapping and impersonating Speedy out of insane jealousy...

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
To be fair, one of the DC Nation shorts involved Blackfire being presumably eaten by her own children. The Go shorts have had a weird edge to begin with, and the original cartoon has its share of hosed up moments.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

It's not so much dark as it is uncomfortable. It's a whole new writing/production team and sometimes the tone is just really bizarre.

The ending of the pie episode was probably the most awkwardly unsettling: The rest of the team gets captured and put into a pie-making machine, and then Beast Boy and Cyborg are shown eating pies with pieces of them sticking out. After way too long the camera finally pans out and shows the other three standing there with hair and poo poo missing, and I guess this was the punchline. I sat there for like a full five minutes with a huge :catstare: expression on my face.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I have only seen one episode of Teen Titans Go, but I really enjoyed it. I thought the humor was pretty fun and the animation styles lends itself to some fun visuals (like Speedy doing his jump/skipping after escaping in his underwear).

I also really enjoyed Robin with the Wonder Years voice inside of his head.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

So I have been slowly going through the various 80-minute one-off comic movies on Netflix.

Hulk Versus
Here they do Thor vs. Hulk and the slightly more famous Wolverine vs. Hulk, both of which I am guessing are from the Ultimate plotline. Although who knows, since in comics, the more things change, the more they stay the same. Thor vs. Hulk is probably the best one, but Thor's voice actor is my least favorite out of the several I've heard. It pretty quickly stops being Thor vs. Hulk and turns into Bruce Banner vs. Ethical and Personal Dilemmas, with some convoluted stuff about the Asgardian underworld. Thor's endless family drama takes the steering wheel.

Wolverine vs. Hulk is completely a Wolverine story starring the Hulk. Steve Blum is Wolverine, which is maybe the one role he's perfect for (out of the 8,000 video games and cartoons he's done). It's difficult to take Wolverine seriously in that spandex, though, especially when every other character featured has a more modern look. The story features a little Deadpool, who I may hate more than Wolverine does, but he did get me to chuckle a couple of times.

After about fifty episodes of EMH it was nice to see art design that had a little effort worked into it.

Planet Hulk
This starts with Hulk landing on. . . Planet Hulk, I guess, and ends prior to the leadup to World War Hulk. This is a pretty dark Hulk story, even considering that they left out WWH. For starters, the Hulk is a dick in this movie. I'm probably not the first to make this joke, but he's more like The Incredible Sulk here, and lots of innocents die simply because Hulk cannot be bothered while he's moping. There's also some alien war crimes mixed in. It's really entertaining throughout.

Ultimate Avengers: The Movie
They have a lot of bread here and too little butter for 80 minutes. It's at times amusing (every time Thor is involved, as usual), but it doesn't come together well, with a lot of characters making what amount to obligatory appearances at the end because there wasn't enough run-time to develop anyone but Bruce Banner. After the Avengers movie, EMH, etc. I am also a little over-Avenger'd. But this seriously has the most amusing animated version of Thor I've yet seen.

Dr. Strange
Dr. Strange doesn't get a lot of attention compared to other Marvel characters, so I was eager to get into this one. I'm not super-familiar with Strange's background, but this is an origin story that feels extremely truncated and full of plot handwaves. It also suffers from the fact that eastern mysticism was really cool and new in the '60's, but today the effect is "But I've already seen Star Wars!" As a result it's just kind of dull and the story really takes itself too seriously, considering how cliched it's become.

Superman vs. The Elite
I enjoyed this for its earnest attempt to grapple the story contrivances that plague "classic" characters like Superman in postmodern storytelling. I feel like it ultimately failed, since Superman's ultimate answer to his philosophical quandaries is simply to assert that he is a pure, benevolent god, as opposed to an emotionally-stunted strawman. This story leaves a lot on the table, like the dramatic irony of Superman and his Super Robots carrying Lois Lane around like she is a baby even while Superman grudgingly treats her like a capable adult. The idea that Manchester Black's worldview requires that Superman die is a contrivance designed so that Superman can easily dismiss him while failing to address Black's own assertions. Superman again demonstrating that he has deity-level powers that he for some reason holds in reserve (even for non-lethal purposes!) and winning on fiat is to me a tacit admission that he's still morally inadequate for the role he wants to occupy. But if Batman can be murky and double-edged, so can Superman.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Does it make me a bad person if I think that Iron Man: Armored Adventures is the best show Marvel has going for it right now?

Goddamn it, the Yostverse was awesome.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

XboxPants posted:

Does it make me a bad person if I think that Iron Man: Armored Adventures is the best show Marvel has going for it right now?

Yes. Best Ironman is the show from the 90s where they spent the entire budget on his cg armoring up scenes. Plus a good amount of episodes have Tony running around his house in a speedo.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

XboxPants posted:

Well, it's over now. I mean are you saying that it's better than the best of X-men: Evolution, Spectacular Spider-Man, and the first season of Earth's Mightiest Heroes or that it's better than Ultimate Spider-Man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
So I went through all of GL the Animated Series and Brave and the Bold recently and I have to say both are really great series, although I can't vouch for how honest to the source material GL is, so I'm just gonna say that I really enjoyed the storylines presented in it, I felt like a few of the last episodes near the end were kind of convoluted, but it does show off quite a bit of GL mythos that I liked a lot and the ending with Razer was really good. Also, I loving love everything about Saint Walker, I don't know what it is about the dude, but ever since his debut episode I could not help but love that guy, all eyes are on him the second he shows up.

Now Brave and the Bold, is a fantastic series as everyone has said. It's got a lot of fun stories even if it's episodic, it's a fantastic love letter to Silver Age stuff while also showing plenty of respect to other points in the character's history, and the team up dynamic works very well as every hero gets a great amount of representation and focus on their personalities. Even Question for the little time he's seen in the series is fantastic and I love crotchety Martian Manhunter, he's the best. I have to say though, I have some problems with the later parts of the series. I felt like they started using the Joker too much, I know he's Batman's greatest villain, but the occasional episode and cold opening with him were fine, I didn't care for seeing him in almost every episode of Season 3. On top of that, I did not care for Knights of Tomorrow, mostly because it is everything I dislike about the idea of the Batman lineage continuing through Bruce's kids. I feel he shouldn't be adamant about them going into crime fighting nor should they have to repeat Bruce's childhood for them to become Batman. That's probably just me though, so I that's whatever. Although for every episode I didn't care for there's several I loved. The Doom Patrol, Chill of the Night, Superdickery the Episode, Batman of Zur-En-Arrh, and the series finale especially was amazing.

Now I'm watching Earth's Mightiest Heroes before finally moving on to Young Justice and that'll be every big superhero cartoon of the past decade I'd either forgotten or missed.

• Locked thread