Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Nova Corps? Wait, is there gonna be doppling in this?

We'll be OK as long as they don't bungle or bobble the Fingal dopple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

Deadpool posted:

Pardon my niggling, but pray what is the Fingal dopple we are bounding to avoid bungling/fumbling/bobbling?

edit: apologies in advance, this was terribly indulgent

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Travis343 posted:

I do not know why people in the 90s were OK with paying money to see Jim Carrey do things in movies, and I say this as somebody who was alive and paying for movies in the 90s.

Very soon we'll get a whole load of 'pop culture' that references Ace Ventura and Dumd & Dumber in the same way that guys like Seth McFarlane reference 80s comedy movies. So many guys in their 20s grew up on that poo poo (:ssh: I was one of them)

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.
As someone who actually recognizes Nova (that team up with Spider-man vs the Tri-Sentinel), I would think the best public reaction to Nova Corps stuff would be "Oh, so like Green Lantern, but yellow. I'll pass."

Also what does it have to do with Overdrawn at the Memory Bank?

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Deadpool posted:

I feel like either you or I are having a stroke.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

JohnnySavs posted:

As someone who actually recognizes Nova (that team up with Spider-man vs the Tri-Sentinel), I would think the best public reaction to Nova Corps stuff would be "Oh, so like Green Lantern, but yellow. I'll pass."

The public has very little clue that the Green Lantern Corps is even a thing. If there was a Nova movie, and it did really well, the Green Lantern Corps would likely be seen as a Nova Corps ripoff.

Which would be hilarious, of course.

That said, the new Nova series is pretty good so far. It would probably make for a fun movie.

DFu4ever fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 25, 2013

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Deadpool posted:

Mom, am I nuts?

Tripwyre
Mar 25, 2007

#RXT REVOLUTION~!

:ughh:

future scoopin'...
After losing out on Star-Lord, it appears Lee Pace has landed a role in Guardians of the Galaxy after all: as the as-yet-unnamed villain.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/lee-pace-gets-to-be-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy-aft,96912/

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Tripwyre posted:

After losing out on Star-Lord, it appears Lee Pace has landed a role in Guardians of the Galaxy after all: as the as-yet-unnamed villain.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/lee-pace-gets-to-be-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy-aft,96912/

This movie can have all my money now.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I've heard a couple of rumors that he'll be playing the Collector.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Isn't Guardian's out next year? Given the amount of post-production sure to be involved and the fact they are still writing the script/casting major roles it feels like they are running a little behind.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Yes. 2014.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

PriorMarcus posted:

Isn't Guardian's out next year? Given the amount of post-production sure to be involved and the fact they are still writing the script/casting major roles it feels like they are running a little behind.

Casting you can theoretically do after you start animating stuff, although it's probably a bad idea.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

quote:

"Oh, I've got these two characters, two of my favorite characters from the comic books; a brother/sister act. They’re in the movie, that’s exciting." -Joss Whedon
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=78251

:shepface: Yesssss

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

computer parts posted:

Casting you can theoretically do after you start animating stuff, although it's probably a bad idea.

And 11th hour casting can work out. When doing Fellowship of the Ring, Viggo wasn't cast as Aragorn until principal photography was already underway.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

According to that article, the licensing to use Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver is kind of weird. If Fox wants to use them in a movie, they can and if Marvel Studios wants to use them, they can too.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ThermoPhysical posted:

According to that article, the licensing to use Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver is kind of weird. If Fox wants to use them in a movie, they can and if Marvel Studios wants to use them, they can too.

Yeah, Kevin Feige said in a interview last year that they both fall into the rare area where either studio can use them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hope they both do use them and that the actors they pick for each studio end up in a blood feud over it.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

So mutants finally being a "thing"/existing in the marvel cin universe? I'll take it.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

They probably won't be mutants in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I really don't want Scarlet Witch, or Quicksilver in these movies. I'd vastly prefer Carol Danvers and a lesser known character join the cast in their stead. I've never really found those two all that interesting.

thet0wer
Dec 4, 2012
What's the point of using Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver if you can't even mention the fact that they're mutants, or Magneto's kids?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thet0wer posted:

What's the point of using Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver if you can't even mention the fact that they're mutants, or Magneto's kids?

To give the finger to Fox I guess.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

thet0wer posted:

Quicksilver has pretty a pretty cool superpower

edit: VVV uh thanks? I am aware there are other characters with superhuman speed.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Apr 26, 2013

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Away all Goats posted:

Quicksilver has pretty a pretty cool superpower

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Marvel_Comics_characters_who_can_move_at_superhuman_speeds

I feel you, but why not have a character without all the loving baggage.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Quicksilver was awesome because he was the first character that I read as a kid who was an outright dick to everyone. Wolverine sort of tried but he always had good intentions. Quicksilver was just a cocky, impatient motherfucker to everyone and I was like 'woah, you can be an rear end in a top hat and a hero'.

I assume he was a hero at some point, he fought bad guys sometimes right.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It could also be a calculated move by Marvel/Whedon to do a speedster before Warner Brothers can get to making a Flash film. Not that it would stop WB but it'd be easier to do Quicksilver before Flash came out.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
They should just make a B team Avengers Movie that's made up entirely of characters that are fall in that grey area of both the Fox and Sony deals.

Bonus points for any characters that "copy" DC properties but make it to the screen first.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 26, 2013

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Gyges posted:

They should just make a B team Avengers Movie that's made up entirely of characters that are fall in that grey area of both the Fox and Sony deals.

Bonus points for any characters that "copy" DC properties but make it to the screen first.

A big budget, summer blockbuster Squadron Supreme coming out before Warner can get their poo poo together and make a Justice League movie would be hilarious.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Gyges posted:

^^^^ Beaten

So do a movie about Squadron Supreme?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squadron_Supreme

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Whizbang posted:

A big budget, summer blockbuster Squadron Supreme coming out before Warner can get their poo poo together and make a Justice League movie would be hilarious.

If the Marvel movies keep making bank I would fast-track this just to give the middle finger to Time-Warner.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

mind the walrus posted:

If the Marvel movies keep making bank I would fast-track this just to give the middle finger to Time-Warner.

They should also try to get the rights to Supreme and make a movie based off that.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Supreme Allah posted:

Quicksilver was awesome because he was the first character that I read as a kid who was an outright dick to everyone. Wolverine sort of tried but he always had good intentions. Quicksilver was just a cocky, impatient motherfucker to everyone and I was like 'woah, you can be an rear end in a top hat and a hero'.

I assume he was a hero at some point, he fought bad guys sometimes right.

This is precisely why I love Namor. "There are foes left unvanquished and women left unpleasured. I must go." ~Namor 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rough Lobster posted:

This is precisely why I love Namor. "There are foes left unvanquished and women left unpleasured. I must go." ~Namor 2013

You know that when he finally gets Sue in the sack he will be recording it and sending it to Reed weekly.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Superspeed is a pretty cool superpower and I'm looking forward to how they'll translate it on screen this time. Then there's the Scarlet Witch who also has pretty cool powers afaik. She can basically do just about anything with her magic right?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm more curious about what version of Scarlet Witch's powers they would go with. Her power set has always confused me.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Clearly they're going with the Decimation version, and that's why there aren't any mutants in the Marvel movieverse.

spikenigma
Nov 13, 2005

by Ralp
EDIT: wrong thread :(

spikenigma fucked around with this message at 10:33 on May 2, 2013

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

thet0wer posted:

"No more mutants" aaaaaaand problem solved.

Also I really hope they go the Ultimate direction with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. Game of Thrones that poo poo up, Marvel!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jamesman posted:

"No more mutants" aaaaaaand problem solved.

Also I really hope they go the Ultimate direction with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. Game of Thrones that poo poo up, Marvel!

Wolverine is going to bang both mother and daughter and then daughter creates dinosaurs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Yesss...though it won't happen I kinda do want the creepy Millar Witch and Quicksilver vibe. Do something creepy Marvel. If we can't get Sins Past in the Spider-man movies (that would rule) then let's have this with subtext handled by Joss Whedon. It'd be amazing.

• Locked thread