Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010

EDIT: Did not mean for that to go to the next page...

This is a great gif for illustrating how cats right themselves by spinning, expanding their bodies then pulling back in when righted.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

bascule posted:

I can't tell if this is cruel or awesome.

The cat in the first one looks pretty unhappy but the other ones look a lot calmer. I think these are great.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Gorilla Salad posted:

It's amazing if you compare them to the photo of them all without makeup where they all look very different:

-snip-

At least they tried!

Which way is it spinning? :stare:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Lord Gaga posted:

EDIT: Did not mean for that to go to the next page...

This is a great gif for illustrating how cats right themselves by spinning, expanding their bodies then pulling back in when righted.

Then the plane landed, and there were no survivors. This footage is all that remains in the black box.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

What is this from & where can I experience this zero gravity cat room?

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Scroto Baggins posted:

That was filmed in a vomit comet. I'm not sure why they have cats, though.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

platedlizard posted:

That was filmed in a vomit comet. I'm not sure why they have cats, though.

Because someone thought it would be cool to see how cats react in zero-gravity. And he was right. :v:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Infinite Monkeys posted:

Which way is it spinning? :stare:

To the right? Is there some optical illusion I'm missing? :confused:

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
There's an old video on youtube of a cat on the vomit comet, it tries to right itself, starts spinning, and just keeps spinning faster and faster and faster. Sadly it's from some old Mpeg from like 1998 or something so the quality is terrible.

edit: Here it is. Look at 'im go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvU9GZjBTzs

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Brainamp posted:

:ssh: There are actually no visual clues as to which way it is spinning. Seeing it as spinning in one direction or the other is a decision made arbitrarily by your brain. If you try hard enough, you can actually shift your brain from perceiving it as spinning in one direction, to perceiving it as spinning in the other direction. It's really cool if you can pull it off.

VVVVVVV
Does this illusion really cause pages of arguments over which way it is spinning? Goons... :cripes:

dijon du jour has a new favorite as of 00:13 on Apr 26, 2013

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Brainamp posted:

It's a thing that shows up regularly in this thread and always generates pages of "i can only see it this way" posts, so let's just cut this short:

Better but youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-yhtXAzYwc

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Oh, well that's pretty cool. I figured I was just missing something terrible obvious.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Scroto Baggins posted:

Here's the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAqTb6TW2nY

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Cernunnos posted:

Because someone thought it would be cool to see how cats react in zero-gravity. And he was right. :v:

They did it with pigeons too!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4sZ3qe6PiI

(sorry for the dumb audio at the end)

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

So cats are dicks regardless of size?

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

RoadCrewWorker posted:

It's a thing that shows up regularly in this thread and always generates pages of "i can only see it this way" posts, so let's just cut this short:

Better but youtube:
I made a batman

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

It just looks like Batman's turning back and forth to me.

Zombiebeard
Jun 29, 2011

by astral
Purchased and streamed Zombie Killer Vortex (A movie based on Oneechanbara) the past weekend. A movie so rare it sometimes goes from $35-$150 for sale online. Did it live up to the hype of it's ridiculously scantily clad woman of the Wii?

the answer is: not for that much money

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Retarded Pimp posted:

It just looks like Batman's turning back and forth to me.
It did to me, too, but then I scrolled so only the bottom quarter or so of the picture was on my screen and the rotation became clearer.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Linked for a dildo. :nws: I guess.

http://i.cubeupload.com/7aVHYr.gif

From his video in a pretty funny series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WOQ8H-lYkM

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

Zombiebeard posted:

Purchased and streamed Zombie Killer Vortex (A movie based on Oneechanbara) the past weekend. A movie so rare it sometimes goes from $35-$150 for sale online. Did it live up to the hype of it's ridiculously scantily clad woman of the Wii?

the answer is: not for that much money

These are all fantastic.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

bascule posted:

I can't tell if this is cruel or awesome.

Don't worry. Those cats went home and vomited in their shoes.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Travic posted:

Don't worry. Those cats went home and vomited in their shoes.

You say it like the cats weren't vomiting in their shoes before this.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Does anyone have that one permutation of yankeesfans.gif where they bomb hiroshima?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

What is an image hosting site that has the most lenient file size requirements? I can't even beg people for help reducing the size of this six mb abomination. I deleted every other frame and it still is .4 too large for imgur.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Krinkle posted:

What is an image hosting site that has the most lenient file size requirements? I can't even beg people for help reducing the size of this six mb abomination. I deleted every other frame and it still is .4 too large for imgur.

Try Minus.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Thank you so much. I thought this was funny a year ago. I lost all the original stills from the dvd. I handed it to a website and played with the settings and couldn't get it any smaller. Is any part of this worth saving? And if so, how?
http://minus.com/lbcLdyPRUD3ID3

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

QwertySanchez posted:

There's an old video on youtube of a cat on the vomit comet, it tries to right itself, starts spinning, and just keeps spinning faster and faster and faster. Sadly it's from some old Mpeg from like 1998 or something so the quality is terrible.

edit: Here it is. Look at 'im go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvU9GZjBTzs

Imagine a cat stuck in a plastic grocery sack in zero-g

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Krinkle posted:

Thank you so much. I thought this was funny a year ago. I lost all the original stills from the dvd. I handed it to a website and played with the settings and couldn't get it any smaller. Is any part of this worth saving? And if so, how?
http://minus.com/lbcLdyPRUD3ID3

Working with a gif animation as source is kind of poo poo, since you've already lost a lot of information, but here's what I do to reduce animation sizes (I use Imagemagick on command line)
  • Use ordered dither in LUV or LAB colorspace. This reduces the amount of differences between frames. LAB and LUV match human perception better than RGB, so all color changes are equally significant, as opposed to RGB, where a change in G is more visible than a similar magnitude change in B.
  • Only use every second/third/fourth frame of the original. This reduces the size of the resulting animation almost perfectly linearly in relation to the frame rate reduction.
  • Scale the frame size smaller. The resulting file size is proportional to the square of the reduction. So scale by 50% -> 1/4 the file size (again, almost perfectly). If you first make a gif file at 100% scale that is X megabytes, and you need to get it to Y megabytes, you can try this formula: scale factor = 100 * sqrt(Y/X). You will probably get very close to your target size.
  • If a large part of the animation frame is static, you can make a static overlay to completely eliminate movement in the static parts to sometimes dramatically reduce the file size

I guess I could make a tutorial page later.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
St. Vincent

Jack White

ElPedro
Apr 22, 2008
Nic Cage from Face/Off:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

"How could this have happened?"

Palpek has a new favorite as of 13:45 on Apr 26, 2013

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Better but youtube:

I never imagined that an ambiguously drawn rear end could hurt my brain so much.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Gently-rolling clouds in a clear sky always put me in mind of practically any given 80's-90's network TV show. For some reason I saw this .gif and the Quantum Leap theme immediately popped into my head.

Palpatine MD
Jan 31, 2012

Passionate about your involuntary euthanasia.
I know it's a faux pas to ask for meme-ification in this thread, so I won't, but I will say that this would be perfect with 'I forgot how to cat'.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
Looks like Scroobius Pip drumming to We Will Rock You

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
Are you ready to Command and Conquer?
Soviet Campaign:

Allied Campaign:

Scource: Command and Conquer Red Alert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

• Locked thread