Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Monster Hunter is kind of the vibe the game gave me from what I've seen. I'm thinking Zerker or warrior, they seem pretty fun too.

Also, is there an SA guild and how active is it? That usually determines whether or not I play a game, I need me some community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Thumbtacks posted:

Also, is there an SA guild and how active is it? That usually determines whether or not I play a game, I need me some community.

It's in the OP, and it's fairly active. KaneTW/Crowd is currently actively pissing off half the server population by disabling PVP in a high-gank zone.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Sounds good to me. I'll DL it tonight and play tomorrow after school and work.

Edit: I'm thinking sorc or priest. Any suggestions?

Thumbtacks fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Apr 24, 2013

sonikburn
Jun 12, 2001

CAN I OFFER YOU A NICE EGG IN THIS TRYING TIME?

Thumbtacks posted:

Sounds good to me. I'll DL it tonight and play tomorrow after school and work.

Edit: I'm thinking sorc or priest. Any suggestions?

Coming from a first time player that is playing through as a Priest, they are pretty fun. Great heals, decent damage, fairly easy to solo/level. I am only level 12, so they may get more difficult with time, but it is pretty smooth so far.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well
Reading through the Sorc skills and drat they sound fun. Wish I had got back into this months ago.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Okay, made a priest on mt tyrannus and applied to the guild. This is fun so far.

Pooptimus Prime
Jun 12, 2005

Need I remind you!? The foolish receive no mercy...

HandsomeBen posted:

Reading through the Sorc skills and drat they sound fun. Wish I had got back into this months ago.

Sorc is so nice I've rolled it twice. I haven't even gotten to burst of celerity, which I'm told makes it even more awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL-qeUr8bPw

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Velveteen posted:

The only difference is on PvE servers you can't start a GvG unless the other guild accepts.

Just a little :spergin: but the way GvG works on PvE servers is each guild can 'flag' themselves as available for GvG. Pacifist for off, Battle-Ready for on.

If you're Battle-Ready, then you can declare and be declared on at any time. Though most guilds on CH are giant babbies and have GvG off, or are cheeselords and pull poo poo
like out of guild healers.

Honey Badger
Jan 5, 2012

^^^ Like this, but its your mouth, and shit comes out of it.

"edit: Oh neat, babby's first avatar. Kind of a convoluted metaphor but eh..."

No, shit is actually extruding out of your mouth, and your'e a pathetic dick, shut the fuck up.
So is there a way to transfer to a different server later? I started playing on a PvE server to test the game out and see if I liked it, not knowing that PvP servers weren't much different (thought nobody would be doing PvE and I'd just be getting ganked by max level people constantly), but I'd like to be able to play with goons without totally starting over.

Pooptimus Prime
Jun 12, 2005

Honey Badger posted:

So is there a way to transfer to a different server later? I started playing on a PvE server to test the game out and see if I liked it, not knowing that PvP servers weren't much different (thought nobody would be doing PvE and I'd just be getting ganked by max level people constantly), but I'd like to be able to play with goons without totally starting over.

Once you hit 40, you can transfer. It's a fast process - I submitted a transfer request for my lancer and he was available to play on the new server within fifteen minutes.

Honey Badger
Jan 5, 2012

^^^ Like this, but its your mouth, and shit comes out of it.

"edit: Oh neat, babby's first avatar. Kind of a convoluted metaphor but eh..."

No, shit is actually extruding out of your mouth, and your'e a pathetic dick, shut the fuck up.

Pooptimus Prime posted:

Once you hit 40, you can transfer. It's a fast process - I submitted a transfer request for my lancer and he was available to play on the new server within fifteen minutes.

Awesome. How does that interact with the bank and such since that isn't cross-server? Do I have to load everything I want from the bank into my inventory and then transfer?

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well

Honey Badger posted:

Awesome. How does that interact with the bank and such since that isn't cross-server? Do I have to load everything I want from the bank into my inventory and then transfer?
Yes, everything you want to take needs to be on your character.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Trying out a Archer and loving nuking things. I'm currently in guild as Corpulence, but I just sent in an app on Douchington because I think this will be the guy I level. A ginvite would be great if anyone's around :D

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Yeah big thing with Archer I found, is picking up any runes that let you move at fullspeed while using charged skills. Almost unplayable otherwise.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...
Is there any hope for better servers or a lag fix in the near future? I do love this game but everytime I try to play I dash through targets or rubberband when I charge and there seems to be some latency whenever I try to block sometimes. That kinda poo poo ruins it for me. Is the problem just with MT being a laggy shitfest or is it everywhere? I want to get back into this game again, but with the lagginess and finals and everything I just don't have the patience for it right now.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
Are you a Euro goon? If so, there was an issue for a week that I think was fixed yesterday.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

WanderingKid posted:

BAMs will one shot you if you are slow or late. Do NOT solo BAMs. Its not worth your time or effort.

At really low level you can play like an idiot because monsters don't do a whole lot of damage and you can just take it. Doing this in dungeons or against BAMs will get you owned however.

Odd, I generally use the Thrall of Protection to take the worst of the aggro, gather a huge swarm and close-range AOE them with the two terribad attack spells you get.

That said, I've only made l38 with my mystic and it's a serious drag compared to how fast I leveled as a sorc.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
So, is the consensus that crafting is poo poo? I'm still a lowbie, should I be focusing on crafting and harvesting things or should I just not worry about it for the most part?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

BambooEarpick posted:

So, is the consensus that crafting is poo poo? I'm still a lowbie, should I be focusing on crafting and harvesting things or should I just not worry about it for the most part?

Harvesting things is worthwhile for the inventory size increases. Crafting in general is not worthwhile, but alchemy can be fairly useful.

Pooptimus Prime
Jun 12, 2005

Seemenaked posted:

Is there any hope for better servers or a lag fix in the near future? I do love this game but everytime I try to play I dash through targets or rubberband when I charge and there seems to be some latency whenever I try to block sometimes. That kinda poo poo ruins it for me. Is the problem just with MT being a laggy shitfest or is it everywhere? I want to get back into this game again, but with the lagginess and finals and everything I just don't have the patience for it right now.

Do what I did, move any lag-sensitive chars (like anything with moving charges or lancer/warrior tank) to a less laggy server and switch to a class where you won't be super punished if your ping decided to randomly drop from 30 to 600 for a moment (this is what happens to me on MT). I chucked my lancer over on CH since it's less populated and it was super cool getting to play him smoothly again. My sorc that I rerolled for MT has had barely any problems comparatively because a second of lag on a ranged dps isn't nearly as dangerous as it is for a tank.

Also, question about the 1g=5pp message. Is there something in vanarchy panel that tracks who does this automatically, or do we need to do screenshots or something?

Steely Glint
Oct 29, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Is the Instance Matcher bugged somehow, or is there some incentive for not using it? I ask because I've tried queuing for the Bastion of Lok two nights in a row without a single pop, despite there being a decent amount of people manually spamming for parties.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Pooptimus Prime posted:

Also, question about the 1g=5pp message. Is there something in vanarchy panel that tracks who does this automatically, or do we need to do screenshots or something?

I turned in 1500 PP last month and didn't hear anything about getting a reward. Granted, that's only 3 Raethyarks and I didn't say anything at all in chat when I turned them in.

Steely Glint posted:

Is the Instance Matcher bugged somehow, or is there some incentive for not using it? I ask because I've tried queuing for the Bastion of Lok two nights in a row without a single pop, despite there being a decent amount of people manually spamming for parties.

You'll have way, way, WAY more luck queuing for Sinestral Manor (level 28). Bastion of Lok is super-optional for many players considering it's past the point where casuals get bored but before the point where just blowing through quests for easy levels slows down.

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 26, 2013

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
e: double post

Steely Glint
Oct 29, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

You'll have way, way, WAY more luck queuing for Sinestral Manor (level 28). Bastion of Lok is super-optional for many players considering it's past the point where casuals get bored but before the point where just blowing through quests for easy levels slows down.

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks! And it looks like I can buy the rewards on the broker, so yay.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Oh. My. God.

I just got overhand strike or whatever for my slayer. It is the sweetest gently caress off move I've ever seen. It really made combat fun again. Just running around with Knockdown Strike and Whirlwind was getting pretty boring. Jesus.
Also, should I be buying those,... things for my weapons and armor? I have no idea how to describe it more than 'materia' for my gear. It gives like minor boosts or something. They also have a chance of breaking on death, or something?

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

BambooEarpick posted:

Sell your gathering mats!! I've sold all of mine and got a nice 400g profit so far at lvl 20

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

BambooEarpick posted:

Oh. My. God.

I just got overhand strike or whatever for my slayer. It is the sweetest gently caress off move I've ever seen. It really made combat fun again. Just running around with Knockdown Strike and Whirlwind was getting pretty boring. Jesus.
Also, should I be buying those,... things for my weapons and armor? I have no idea how to describe it more than 'materia' for my gear. It gives like minor boosts or something. They also have a chance of breaking on death, or something?

A lot of classes have points where they start actually being their playstyle; I'd say Slayer hits peak after heart thrust + glyphs are available.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

BambooEarpick posted:

Oh. My. God.

Yeah, start buying crystals appropriate for your armor's level, the hp/mp regen ones are pretty great all around, and the bonus damage against normal/boss monsters can be nice on dps classes. You can get them from the specialty store in a town, or buy them from other players on the broker, the ones you get as drops are the best type.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Yeah, start buying crystals appropriate for your armor's level, the hp/mp regen ones are pretty great all around, and the bonus damage against normal/boss monsters can be nice on dps classes. You can get them from the specialty store in a town, or buy them from other players on the broker, the ones you get as drops are the best type.

I only just learnt this. I'd been vendoring all the crystals previously, so I estimate I've lost out on over 300+g of broker sales ;/

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Always at least bring everything through the broker once. Sometimes you can even put up white items worth a decent gold or a green item that you could vendor for a few silver selling for roughly 50 gold on the broker.

Crystals that drop are always better than what you can find in stores too. If you can solo some BAMs, the often drop them, I've found.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

I turned in 1500 PP last month and didn't hear anything about getting a reward. Granted, that's only 3 Raethyarks and I didn't say anything at all in chat when I turned them in.

Yeah you have to remind me or some officer and also remind me to not eat all the money from vanarch taxes.

E: also tell how many you killed since that isn't tracked

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

KaneTW posted:

Yeah you have to remind me or some officer and also remind me to not eat all the money from vanarch taxes.

E: also tell how many you killed since that isn't tracked

Laundering guild funds! :mad:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

More like shamelessly consuming to fuel my own MES/enchanting addiction.

I'll pay back... sometimes.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Mordaedil posted:

Always at least bring everything through the broker once. Sometimes you can even put up white items worth a decent gold or a green item that you could vendor for a few silver selling for roughly 50 gold on the broker.

Crystals that drop are always better than what you can find in stores too. If you can solo some BAMs, the often drop them, I've found.

I cannot stress this enough especially for new players who don't have a high level character as a sugar momma. Most things (including low level whites) are worth a lot more on the broker. Also, be aware that leather extraction at a low level has a high success rate to get you at least 1 Zalisleather (or whatever it is called). These go for something like 93s-1g each on the broker so you will often want to break down as much of those whites and greens for leather as you can.

deadly mawk
Sep 7, 2010

Guess I can give this game another shot. Applied as Mezger.

Blazolie
Mar 19, 2006
I joined the SA forums and all I got was this title text.
In as Frederic.

clams
Apr 10, 2007

rawr.
in as proxyclams.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Has the xp curve been tweaked a bit? I remember the mid/upper 50's being a real grind and difficult enemies to boot because those were end-game areas before the cap was increased in K-Tera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

The tears are so delicious :allears:

• Locked thread