Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Taciturn Tactician posted:

What on earth is this Ez build? Sheen and Lizard, no boots, no lifesteal?

If you've ever played with or against it, you'd know just how effective it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

victorious posted:

Early S3 gauntlet was insane for the piss and poo poo head Ezreal build. I need to try it again.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

victorious posted:

I don't really get why Lizard is good on him, he doesn't proc it multiple times or anything. It is really worth is just for burn on his ult and Q?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I don't really get why Lizard is good on him, he doesn't proc it multiple times or anything. It is really worth is just for burn on his ult and Q?
With Iceborne it procs Lizard Elder in an AOE. From range. With a slow applied, letting you keep applying it. This is why you say people go Lizard Elder -> Iceborne -> other items. You also need 19/0/11 with lifesteal quints.

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

The burn probably adds up significantly if you're poking a lot. Mostly though it's hugely efficient. I doubt people would go for it over other typical carry items if it were more expensive.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Wow, Dig lost a 4v5, looks like they're cooked even with a super fed Karthus.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

That 4v5 win by GGU was just amazing.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo, lovely baron steal there.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Okay I have now determined that I am ok with Phreak but I wish he would tone his voice down 20% and then he'd be great

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

I think this is a good display of the issue with that ezreal build, it's great if you get really long engagements where you're poking and chasing, but if it's a contest of who's gonna put out the sustained damage it just doesn't match up.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

This game is so crazy. Amazing steal, amazing shockwave.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
ZionSpartan has been on point this game. loving unbelievable.

e: He dies as I say that :v:

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Man it looked like Qtpie was hitting them with pillows.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Very well played by GGU! What an upset.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
drat, Zion was on point that game. That was a really good game to watch.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Amazing play by GGU to come back in that game. They deserve this spot.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Why is qtpie's hair so long :psyduck: I don't understand why he wouldn't make an effort to look good.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Okay, that much enthusiasm is adorable. :3:

And Dignitas is on the way to getting kicked out of the LCS for the Summer and possibly forever. :allears:

Also, I rescind what I said about Jayce earlier ITT. Clearly, that game is what people have been trying to do with him for weeks. :stare:

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

Demiurge4 posted:

Why is qtpie's hair so long :psyduck: I don't understand why he wouldn't make an effort to look good.

He's a pro gamer

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.
After those games, I don't know if CLG-Vulcun can hold up. If so, we're in for a hell of an entertaining day.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

HiggsBoson81 posted:

Man it looked like Qtpie was hitting them with pillows.

This is the problem with that Ez build. It rules for kiting, but doesn't crit, which is why AD carries are so powerful.

Also, hahahahahahahahaha loving Dig.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003
Why do people hate dig? Man that has to be embarrassing to be losing to a no name scrub team though. I bet Curse is happy.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

IBentMyWookie posted:

Why do people hate dig? Man that has to be embarrassing to be losing to a no name scrub team though. I bet Curse is happy.

No kidding. Someone's losing their job. I'd imagine Odee's pretty pissed.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

IBentMyWookie posted:

Man that has to be embarrassing to be losing to a no name scrub team though.

I don't see how you could think that of GGU after the last few weeks of the LCS. It is kind of crazy to think that Dignitas were 2nd ranked in the LCS for a good while, and now they have to play a promo series just to get back into the competition.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

I think they're regretting not choosing Rhux as their toplaner now. They said they picked Kiwikid because they thought he had more scope for improvement but since thier mid season winning streak he's been going backwards at a rate of knots. Crumbzz hasn't been too crash hot in the jungle either.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

IBentMyWookie posted:

They (at least ImaQTpie, Scarra, and Kiwikid) have some weird undeserved attitude where they think they are the very best in NA when that is completely laughable. Also a general tendency towards being passive-aggressive douchebags.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Zahki posted:

I think they're regretting not choosing Rhux as their toplaner now. They said they picked Kiwikid because they thought he had more scope for improvement but since thier mid season winning streak he's been going backwards at a rate of knots. Crumbzz hasn't been too crash hot in the jungle either.
Crumbzzz is their saving grace. They're just slowly losing from kiwikid being out of place at all the wrong times. It also seems that he goes in while his team isn't following, so something isn't being communicated right. This was AWFULLY obvious when he kept going in with Zac in game 1 and his team just ran the other way.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Failboattootoot posted:

They (at least ImaQTpie, Scarra, and Kiwikid) have some weird undeserved attitude where they think they are the very best in NA when that is completely laughable. Also a general tendency towards being passive-aggressive douchebags.

Everything I've seen of Scarra has convinced me he's just a dorky little man full of adorable cuteness.

I mean, just look at this :allears:

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Failboattootoot posted:

That's pretty much it, yeah. I honestly prefer someone like Reginald or Doublelift who are obviously hamming up abrasive personalities to someone like Scarra who's really friendly and non-confrontational but then just passive-aggressively whines about everything.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
On the topic of people with undeservedly high opinions of themselves, I sure am hoping Vulcun wins just to dumspter on Chauster. Even if it doesn't matter because everyone will just blame Hotshot no matter what. Poor Aphro though, he loses no matter what and that is sad. Poor guy just can't catch a break.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 27, 2013

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

CLG vs Vulcun is the game I've really been looking forward to. I feel like it could go either way. CLG is such an inconsistent team that you never really know how their games will go.

Sometimes it's hard being a CLG fan :smith:

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003

Failboattootoot posted:

On the topic of people with undeservedly high opinions of themselves, I sure am hoping Vulcun wins just to dumspter on Chauster. Even if it doesn't matter because everyone will just blame Hotshot no matter what. Poor Aphro though, he loses no matter what and that is sad. Poor guy just can't catch a break.

I like Chauster the guy seems really knowledgeable about the game. They fail on execution but when they are on point with execution their map control and strategy is really good. I think Chauster puts too little emphasis on champ picks and player skill. If he was on a better skilled team they would go far.

They are the opposite of Dig. That last matchup against GGU there was almost no ward control on Dig's side which is why they lost imo.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

IBentMyWookie posted:

I like Chauster the guy seems really knowledgeable about the game. They fail on execution but when they are on point with execution their map control and strategy is really good. I think Chauster puts too little emphasis on champ picks and player skill. If he was on a better skilled team they would go far.

They are the opposite of Dig. That last matchup against GGU there was almost no ward control on Dig's side which is why they lost imo.

The few interviews I've seen with Chauster he makes it seem like they would win all the time if only his team would just listen to him and that their losses are just CLG deviating from the vision of Glorious Leader Chauster. His team buys into this nonsense. Even some other players buy into this nonsense. The long and short is that Chauster, since the very beginning of S2 if not earlier, has never been a break out player. His jungling sucks, his supporting was good but nothing to write home about. His knowledge may be incredible but his play is not.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Well...This is a bit more of a stomp than I was expecting. Good to know even if Dig is in a rut, CLG is in an even bigger one.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.

Zahki posted:

Well...This is a bit more of a stomp than I was expecting. Good to know even if Dig is in a rut, CLG is in an even bigger one.

And it was a shutout on turrets. CLG didn't even get ONE. Well played by Vulcun.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That was brutal Vulcun just devoured them.

King of the Karp
Oct 8, 2010
Didn't really watch any of this game. Come in and see Doublelift 0/6/2 on Vayne. What the gently caress? I mean, I really dislike Doublelift, but hasn't his Vayne been getting banned out all season? What the hell did Vulcan do to shut him down so badly? drat, that seemed really one-sided....

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As much as I like to see the lower-ranked teams take out the bigger ones, my fear is that now those big teams will crush the promotion series, and the Summer LCS will have the same lineup as the Spring.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007

King of the Karp posted:

Didn't really watch any of this game. Come in and see Doublelift 0/6/2 on Vayne. What the gently caress? I mean, I really dislike Doublelift, but hasn't his Vayne been getting banned out all season? What the hell did Vulcan do to shut him down so badly? drat, that seemed really one-sided....

He got camped so hard.

Also amazing thresh play. Thresh is so ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
CLG are a bunch of sexist pieces of poo poo and I'm really glad to see Vulcun loving dumping on them

gently caress CLG forever

• Locked thread