Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DanAdamKOF
Feb 11, 2007

Bemani Invasion will be at Anime Matsuri in Houston, which is March 29-31. Short notice... lolpz

If you live in the south and like bemani you may wanna come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Also, next weekend is Sakura-Con in good ol' Seattle, which always has a group of people camping the drat Pop'n machine until 3 in the morning :argh:

I might bring my IIDX stuff, but one of my controllers has a bad plug on it and meeehhh. My poor PS2 is getting old and I worry about taking it places. :ohdear:

DanAdamKOF
Feb 11, 2007

so Bemani Invasion is set up in Houston right now at Anime Matsuri

can't wait to go there Saturday

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
That setup looks pretty sweet, alas I'm stuck in the UK at the moment :( gonna have a fair bit of free time on my hands again soon though, would be nice to hit the con circuit again for a bit

agscala
Jul 12, 2008

For anyone who has a iPad or android tablet, there's a pretty awesome game called Cytus available. It's a lot like technika and it's very very fun

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

agscala posted:

For anyone who has a iPad or android tablet, there's a pretty awesome game called Cytus available. It's a lot like technika and it's very very fun
Also, unlocks are based on number of players, so get in on this game!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

DanAdamKOF posted:

so Bemani Invasion is set up in Houston right now at Anime Matsuri

can't wait to go there Saturday

God I wish Sakura-con had something like this.

We didn't even have the Pop'n machine this year. All we had for arcades were a few DDRs and Initial D 5th stage, which was fun [except the apparently way different driving physics] but... I wanted hours and hours of pop'n. :smith:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

A friend of mine is trying to sell a whole boatload of stuff; mostly Bemani-related, or at the very least, Japanese. Lots of IIDX/Pop'n collector's editions, soundtracks, figurines, artbooks, etc. Check out the pictures, and if you see anything you like, let me know and I'll pass the word along.

http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/kazesales/slideshow/

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
I would definitely like to know more about the CobaltFlux and the Pop'n ASC. I can probably only afford one, so I'm not trying to call dibs on either but I'd really like to make one of those mine.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
Is he selling a copy of IIDX Troopers? If so, for how much?

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe

enojy posted:

A friend of mine is trying to sell a whole boatload of stuff; mostly Bemani-related, or at the very least, Japanese. Lots of IIDX/Pop'n collector's editions, soundtracks, figurines, artbooks, etc. Check out the pictures, and if you see anything you like, let me know and I'll pass the word along.

http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/kazesales/slideshow/

Interested in the IIDX and Pop'n ASC (will defer to Lynx). Feel free to PM.

SeedyV fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 28, 2013

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Lynx Winters posted:

I would definitely like to know more about the CobaltFlux and the Pop'n ASC. I can probably only afford one, so I'm not trying to call dibs on either but I'd really like to make one of those mine.

The Pop'n ASC is a DJ Dao, and works pretty good. It is cosmetically used, and will give the occasional misfire if it gets too dirty. I took it apart and cleaned the pop-kuns near the beginning of the year, and it worked great after that. DJ Dao got the "arcade feel" down pretty well with this. I've owned two different types of Ransais in the past (their normal model and their budget model) and neither felt as arcade-accurate.

Can't comment on the Cobalt Flux, as I never touched it... I recall they were the best option for a metal DDR pad back in "the day."

I'm not sure if he's interested in shipping any massive items such as these, though. I'll find out.

Nonbaka posted:

Probably. If it isn't pictured, I'm awfully sure he at least owns the regular edition (if not the collector's edition.) I'll get a price quote for you.

Also, I apologize but I forgot to mention that most (if not all) of the posters (IIDX/Pop'n) are already sold or spoken for.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

To those who are interested in ASC's aka Big Fukin Controllers: Sorry! He isn't interested in shipping anything that large.

DanAdamKOF
Feb 11, 2007

enojy posted:

To those who are interested in ASC's aka Big Fukin Controllers: Sorry! He isn't interested in shipping anything that large.
Where does your friend live?

later edit: I've heard good things about Greyhound's "shipping" service if that would turn him around to selling non-locally.

DanAdamKOF fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 29, 2013

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

enojy posted:

Getting my Pop'n ASC shipped to my work was hilarious. :v: That's one big goddamn box [because thankfully, dude packed it really well]

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

DanAdamKOF posted:

Where does your friend live?

Florida.

Speaking of, enojy are you going to Storm? I haven't seen you since, like, 2007.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Florida.

Speaking of, enojy are you going to Storm? I haven't seen you since, like, 2007.

Oh my! I'm sorry, but I don't recognize your name... can you give me a hint?

And I'm pretty sure I'm going to Storm, but just for Saturday as far as I know. I'm not competing in anything, just going to loiter.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

enojy posted:

Oh my! I'm sorry, but I don't recognize your name... can you give me a hint?

And I'm pretty sure I'm going to Storm, but just for Saturday as far as I know. I'm not competing in anything, just going to loiter.

Mi nombre es Mike, you probably only vaguely remember me from meeting a few times at old Nexus and such. I'm gonna be there all weekend.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!

Nonbaka posted:

Oy, any word on this?

DanAdamKOF
Feb 11, 2007

I bought a KASC quite a while ago that a guy lost the button panel to and let go for cheap. It has a new life now.

Created a button panel out of cardboard (it doesn't really flex at all since I have a shim between the bottom of the keys and the bottom of the controller, eventually I'll get with my friend with a laser cutter at his job and make a sturdier panel), installed Sanwas, slapped on an arcade turntable decal, and installed a USB PCB that also does analog turntable (I still have PS2 capability) which works fantastically, turntable behavior feels basically exactly like the arcade. The creator of the PCB is making the USB PCBs by hand in small batches, but eventually everyone that wants to buy one can get one. It costs around $50 for a KOC/KASC (and a few other controllers) version and you preserve your PS2 functionality if you "dual mod" it. He's also coming out with a fancy one for Dao controllers, I don't think he mentioned a price yet.

I actually had an idea for a PCB like this, then later on the creator for the PCB made it on his own and then realized there was a demand for them and decided to sell them to the public, believe me I was ecstatic when I saw that someone made such a PCB.

PkerUNO
Dec 21, 2007

Ambitious but rubbish
In case you've not already heard, the latest version of IIDX has been announced…

IIDX 21 - SPADA

Before everyone starts with the obvious jokes, it means "sword" in Italian. As demonstrated by the logo!

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

PkerUNO posted:

In case you've not already heard, the latest version of IIDX has been announced…

IIDX 21 - SPADA

Before everyone starts with the obvious jokes, it means "sword" in Italian. As demonstrated by the logo!

Plus it features songs by DJs Shimamura, Noriken, and Genki. I am pretty hyped! Definitely check out their SoundCloud pages if the names aren't familiar.

DanAdamKOF
Feb 11, 2007

If anyone is going to Anime Fest (Sheraton Dallas Hotel, Friday Aug 30th - Monday Sept 2nd), unless plans change I will be there for at least one day with a ton of IIDX and 5key and other games in the BYO Console room.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Is there any demand out there for American IIDX controllers? A friend's got one sitting in a closet and wouldn't mind getting rid of it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

air- posted:

Is there any demand out there for American IIDX controllers? A friend's got one sitting in a closet and wouldn't mind getting rid of it.

How much?

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I'm tagging along with Bemani Invasion to Indy Gencon and uh something immediately after that idk, I think it's in Ohio?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Takoluka posted:

How much?

Actually he dug another one up. So 2 US KOC's, used less than a handful of times (if that). Been out of the game a while and not really sure what they run for nowadays.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

air- posted:

Actually he dug another one up. So 2 US KOC's, used less than a handful of times (if that). Been out of the game a while and not really sure what they run for nowadays.

Yeah, find out how much he wants for them, and I'll see what I can do. I have some friends looking to get KOCs, but even if they're not interested, I'm always up for having at least one more.

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

Mr Dog posted:

I'm tagging along with Bemani Invasion to Indy Gencon and uh something immediately after that idk, I think it's in Ohio?

Oh man, this is great news! I had a blast at NerdPow a couple of years ago - such a great set of machines. Is it Matsuricon you're referencing?

fake edit: Oh hey, I'm on the Internet. That's me playing IIDX at NerdPow in the banner. :v:

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Yup, Matsuricon

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009
I LOOK DOWN ON MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THEIR VIDEO GAME PURCHASING DECISIONS.

I'M THAT MUCH OF AN INSUFFERABLE SPERGLORD
Since there isn't a Pop'n Music thread, I figure I might as well ask here: Where can I get a regular (non-ASC) Pop'n Music controller?Play-Asia lists them as out of stock/out of print and I'd rather buy one new than over eBay or something. They're still making Pop'n games, right? I'd have thought the controllers would still be easy enough to find, but apparently not.

e: I like that about the 5th result on Google for "Pop'n Music Controller buy" is a solitary, unreplied forum post from 2003 asking pretty much the same thing as me.

VV Ah, I haven't played any since selling my mini controller about 6 years ago, I'd just assumed they still made console versions of the new ones. After looking around a bit, I might just end up building my own ASC anyway!

A shrubbery! fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Aug 7, 2013

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master
The last home release (not counting the crappy portable games) was Fever in 2007 so it's unlikely Konami are going to manufacture any more official controllers. The second hand market is probably your only option - I hear they pop up on ebay fairly often.

fake edit: ASCs are far superior anyway if you want to get any good. I have a DJDao which is still going strong after years of abuse.

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009
I LOOK DOWN ON MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THEIR VIDEO GAME PURCHASING DECISIONS.

Sorry if it's against the rules or anything, but here's a link to an SA-Mart thread I just started where I'm selling an NTSC-J (Japanese) PS2 console, perfect for Bemani players without the effort/illegality of modding/pirating.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3565018

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

A shrubbery! posted:

Since there isn't a Pop'n Music thread, I figure I might as well ask here: Where can I get a regular (non-ASC) Pop'n Music controller?Play-Asia lists them as out of stock/out of print and I'd rather buy one new than over eBay or something. They're still making Pop'n games, right? I'd have thought the controllers would still be easy enough to find, but apparently not.

e: I like that about the 5th result on Google for "Pop'n Music Controller buy" is a solitary, unreplied forum post from 2003 asking pretty much the same thing as me.

VV Ah, I haven't played any since selling my mini controller about 6 years ago, I'd just assumed they still made console versions of the new ones. After looking around a bit, I might just end up building my own ASC anyway!

Try rakuten it's kinda like Craigslist but Japanese shops that ship worldwide
http://global.rakuten.com/en/search...2483;&%2312463;

Just realize that ps2 used market is very huge still in Japan so prices are pretty bad. Also they will only ship using EMS.

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009

Thanks, that's actually really useful! Their prices for the games aren't too bad at all, even with shipping! I'm probably going to build my own Pop'n controller, since I can get all the materials for about a third of the price of having an official ASC shipped over.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
You probably don't want an official either. They're well put together but harder to fix if something goes and somehow louder than every other kind of Pop'n controller. Which is really saying something.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Also if you're going to buy games from rakuten I highly suggest buying as many as possible in one go to cut down on shipping costs. EMS gets cheaper with more weight so if you can coordinate a group buy with friends you shuld be able to cut a bit of the pain off shipping.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Dewgy posted:

You probably don't want an official either. They're well put together but harder to fix if something goes and somehow louder than every other kind of Pop'n controller. Which is really saying something.

I refuse to believe anything on the face of the earth is louder than my Desktop Arcade Pop'n ASC. :colbert:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Code Jockey posted:

I refuse to believe anything on the face of the earth is louder than my Desktop Arcade Pop'n ASC. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXTMaBVPURw

:colbert:

Seriously it's that loud.

edit so I stop cluttering this place up with replies: vvvv

DA's are loud and so are Ransai's and Dao's, but Konami's controller is made of hollow plastic, so it has a really sharp clack to it that is, yes, actually somehow louder.

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

I don't mean to be all smug but I swear mine's at least that loud. I imagine it's the same button hardware, right? I'll have to check again, I haven't dusted it off in a year+ [I am a shameful nerd] and maybe I'm remembering it louder than it was, but I remember that I could only really play it in my house if I was closed up in my home office. If I played in the home theater room, the sound would echo up the stairway and drive the wife nuts or wake her up at night :P