Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

CaptainFlaps posted:

I'm about 700 posts behind in this thread so I was wondering if there have been any good games released in the last month that a lot of people are enjoying? I like all genres :c00l:
Slayin, Super Stickman Golf 2, Badland, and Cut the Rope: Time Travel are all pretty good. And Bonkey Trek, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainFlaps
Apr 25, 2003

Fighting crime with yeast infections

Urdnot Fire posted:

Slayin, Super Stickman Golf 2, Badland, and Cut the Rope: Time Travel are all pretty good. And Bonkey Trek, of course.
Thanks! Slayin looks good!

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

CaptainFlaps posted:

Thanks! Slayin looks good!
It is indeed. The simple gameplay and non-lovely virtual buttons have dramatically increased bathroom time the past month or so. I'm a sucker for endless fighters with noticeable progression/stages I guess, and this one lets you move right and left. I don't see Punch Quest or Ski Safari offering that little tidbit.

Edit: Robot Unicorn Attack 2 and Iron Man 3 are fun runners too.

Urdnot Fire fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Apr 28, 2013

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

INJUSTICE - Gods Among Us advice needed:

I ragequit for a while after getting my rear end kicked repeatedly by Sinestro in that one boss fight, but I'm back into this game after the latest version fixed it. Right now my A-team consists of:

Superman lv. 29
Superman Regime lv. 29
Doomsday (Gold) lv. 21

What should I do next? The way I see it I can:

1.) Spend credits upgrading my super moves
2.) Keep saving credits to buy the discounted gold packs, then increase the elite ranking of my existing characters
3.) Keep saving credits to buy the discounted gold packs, then get more gold characters like Batman and Womder Woman

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Happy Bear Suit posted:

I ragequit for a while after getting my rear end kicked repeatedly by Sinestro in that one boss fight, but I'm back into this game after the latest version fixed it. Right now my A-team consists of:

Superman lv. 29
Superman Regime lv. 29
Doomsday (Gold) lv. 21

2.) Keep saving credits to buy the discounted gold packs, then increase the elite ranking of my existing characters
3.) Keep saving credits to buy the discounted gold packs, then get more gold characters like Batman and Womder Woman

Elite guys are the best investment, you can elite up to level 5 by the way. By the end, you will need it.

mid83
Oct 15, 2012
I haven't kept up with iOS gaming for a long time (got tired of how everything was going freemium with horrible paywalls)

Anyways I'm in need of some games to kill time when I have free moments at work and other places where I can't have my 3DS with me. Any suggestions? I'm a big RPG fan so any game in that genre is a huge plus.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Knights of Pen and Paper might be worth checking out.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Superman lv. 29
Superman Regime lv. 29
Doomsday (Gold) lv. 21

Wonder Woman Regime is awesome. Every block builds her super meter so she ends up using her super a lot.

Digger-254
Apr 3, 2003

not even here

sebmojo posted:

Oh christ this. I just bought it, for my four year old daughter, then spent the last hour playing and questioning my commitment to heterosexuality as I listened to Andy Bell over and over again. It's such a great game. It has seahorse cities.

I'm sad that the baddies are winning the current challenge though. GO TEAM RAINBOW.

Wow. That's ok, this post makes me question it too!

Kidding. Anyway, what's with all the Inferno hate though, people? Isn't the unicorn trying to escape from that whimsical pastel nightmare of bubbles and kitten farts? By sacking faeries and goring through star giants that are shooting freakin' lasers and poo poo at it? The high-gloss aesthetic and rainbow theme are a huge part of the demotivational mantras they throw at you before each attempt, too. Seems to me like rainbows and sparkles are the tools of our enemies. No, my friends, Team Rainbow aren't the "good guys." Just look at 'em: they're part of the problem. Probably all double-agents with glue-on horns and paper-mâché wings.

Team Inferno, bad guys? Heh, more like bad rear end. I was all too happy to get an Iron Pegasus, throw on some fire and lightning, and ditch the foofy, lethargic background crooning for some metal and electric guitars to start stampeding a blazing trail to freedom over the corpses of the oppressors. Keep your decadent seahorse cities and gender anxiety, you over-pampered Rainbow ponies. Infernos don't fret over those things because Infernos already know they are awesome, and awesomeness begets greater awesomeness. Gay, straight, male, female, young, old... it's all bad rear end when you're ready to ROCK :getin:

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
If anybody is playing Simpsons Tapped Out, my name is jenkemjonez and I want to give you eggs. I was giving them all to someone from this thread called graventy but he/she does not seem to be participating in the whacking day event. If you would like me to write egg messages insulting your sexuality, please add me as a friend. I only hope that you will do the same, and get a kick out of my Springfield based in an Israeli settlement in Palestine.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Where do you get the song dlc for robot unicorn attack 2? The store only has purchases for the little blue things.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Where do you get the song dlc for robot unicorn attack 2? The store only has purchases for the little blue things.

Once you hit a certain rank (fairly low) the option appears.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Sad lions posted:

Once you hit a certain rank (fairly low) the option appears.

Unlocking paid dlc is an.. interesting tactic :psyduck:

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Tiny Heroes won't let you buy the expansion level packs until you beat every level pack that leads up to them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That pixel town whatever required a specific building to be placed in order to buy the IAP. I like the approach.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

bad day posted:

If anybody is playing Simpsons Tapped Out, my name is jenkemjonez and I want to give you eggs. I was giving them all to someone from this thread called graventy but he/she does not seem to be participating in the whacking day event. If you would like me to write egg messages insulting your sexuality, please add me as a friend. I only hope that you will do the same, and get a kick out of my Springfield based in an Israeli settlement in Palestine.

Just added you as Sean-1st. Let's swap rotten snake egg messages.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

So far as I can tell its a pretty smart one. It gives the initial impression that the game isn't trying to milk you, and by the time it comes up as an option you either like the game and want to play it more, raising the chances you will buy multiple IAP over time or will have already dropped it. Most people will buy a few rounds of whatever and drop before they hit the IAP point anyway, so by putting a threshold in you are creating a point of customer loyalty before you ask them for money and a loyal customer spends more.

Its good business sense and I'm surprised it hasn't really been tried anywhere else in the store.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

bad day posted:

Oh, hey, sorry, I've fallen way behind egg-wise. I overdosed on snakes early on and have gotten a bit sick of seeing them. I'll carpet-bomb your city later today.

The problem with the egg thing (in addition to being kind of a loving pain to place eggs) is that there's no way for me to figure out who on my list of friends has egged me, to return the favor.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Spaceman Future! posted:

So far as I can tell its a pretty smart one. It gives the initial impression that the game isn't trying to milk you, and by the time it comes up as an option you either like the game and want to play it more, raising the chances you will buy multiple IAP over time or will have already dropped it. Most people will buy a few rounds of whatever and drop before they hit the IAP point anyway, so by putting a threshold in you are creating a point of customer loyalty before you ask them for money and a loyal customer spends more.

Its good business sense and I'm surprised it hasn't really been tried anywhere else in the store.

Not to mention it's like saying "Well I did all this work to unlock it, how could I not pay x.xx$ for this content?"

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+

bad day posted:

Just added you. Send me eggs!!

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

bad day posted:

Alrighty, to make up for my failures, I have given you my entire stockpile of ~520 eggs. Turns out you have about 250 eggs worth of road. And since there was no room to swear at you in your town, I instead placed some eggs behind buildings, as someone graciously did to me. Enjoy that.

Please do not give me more eggs in return.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
On the topic of Robot Unicorn Attack 2, I think I broke mine. Trying to figure out where I could download a new song I clicked on the "restore purchases" with my thought being perhaps it'll open something up.

It has been stuck at the "Downloading Content.Please wait...." for at least 20 minutes. Any suggestions ?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Force quit the game?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

SynthOrange posted:

Force quit the game?

Yeah. (In case you don't know how: Double tap the home button, then hold down the RUA2 icon that just appeared until it starts to jiggle, then hit the cross.) Or you could just delete and reinstall.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

On the topic of Robot Unicorn Attack 2, I think I broke mine. Trying to figure out where I could download a new song I clicked on the "restore purchases" with my thought being perhaps it'll open something up.

It has been stuck at the "Downloading Content.Please wait...." for at least 20 minutes. Any suggestions ?

The same thing happened to me yesterday. Force-quitting will fix it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was just reading that X-Com EU will be set at a "premium price point". I'd honestly love to see it priced sort of high and do really well to show publishers that it's worth porting major games to iOS. Also, it will have no IAP which is great because it would have been loving offensive to turn X-COM into an iAP game.

Stormfang1502
Jan 26, 2003

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.

NESguerilla posted:

I was just reading that X-Com EU will be set at a "premium price point". I'd honestly love to see it priced sort of high and do really well to show publishers that it's worth porting major games to iOS. Also, it will have no IAP which is great because it would have been loving offensive to turn X-COM into an iAP game.

This is good news and I would easily pay $10-$20 for a good full featured game. It always puzzled me though why no one ever thought to make a G.I. Joe X-Com style game. It seems like the perfect genre to fit in all the different vehicles, troop specializations, and base building.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

NESguerilla posted:

Day one purchase.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Necroneocon posted:

Day one purchase.

Same here. I held off of getting the ps3 version because having it portable was too good a selling point.

Is there any inkling of a release date yet?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Oh, Talisman, I remember why I loathe you. The troll training mission - required to unlock most of the game - took 47 agonising turns. It boils down to "roll a 6 on movement." No amount of fate points seemed to help.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sad lions posted:

Is there any inkling of a release date yet?

They said it would be a few months when they announced it a couple of months ago, so probably in the next month or 2.

In regards to the no iap thing. The direct quote from Jake Soloman was something like "I couldn't sleep at night if we did that to people". Which I thought was pretty cool.

For anyone who hasn't played the new Xcom, this is your chance to play one of the best games ever made. Ill happily buy it a second time.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Well after purchasing my first iPhone, I am hooked. I currently have spent the afternoon playing-

Slayin
Hero Academy
Punch Quest
Robot Unicorn Attack 2

Donated $1 to the PQ guys because the game was awesome. Downloaded the Cory Heart song for RUA2. Was thinking of getting another team in HA but decided to wait.

Any suggestions for other games ? I don't like stuff that's too involving. I did the Kairosoft thing on my Android but I seriously love this pick up and play stuff with unlocks.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Try out Happy Street and Ridiculous Fishing.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated
So what are some good RPGs for the iPad save the obvious Square stuff (Ghost Trick and TWEWY are must have), Baldur's Gate (it plays a lot better on PC), Bastion, Bard's Tale and Avadon? I plaid Xenovia and Inotia lines and found them pretty meh. Thinking of something comparable to stuff Square puts out (FF3 port was ok, haven't played FFV or FFD yet).

Also, can someone recommend a good 4x game other then Civ Revolutions?

Edit: Preferably games without IAP (or like Square just purchasing episodes).

Pitnicker
Apr 6, 2004

Kingturn RPG...Kingturn RPG...KINGTURN RPG!!!

With all this talk of the new Final Fantasy Tactics being freemiun garbage I feel compelled to mention it again. I'm starting to feel like a shill for this game but it's just so drat great! I recently finished its ~40 hour campaign and loved every minute of it. The prologue chapter is free, and contains enough levels to get a feel for it and decide if you want to buy the full game, so there's nothing to lose by trying it. The full game is long and there are no IAP after the initial unlock. The game is also really challenging, and has some unique mechanics going for it. Also, the game totally looks like rear end (sort of like LostStar) but once you get going in it you won't really care.

It's quickly become my favorite tactics game on iOS.

Pitnicker fucked around with this message at 11:32 on May 9, 2013

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Any suggestions for other games ? I don't like stuff that's too involving. I did the Kairosoft thing on my Android but I seriously love this pick up and play stuff with unlocks.

Sword and Poker 1 and 2, Helsing's Fire, Airport Mania 1 and 2, Sally's Salon, Spa and Studio, Bike Baron, Battle Cats, Tiny Wings, Ski Safari, Tilt To Live, Trainyard, 7 Little Words.

All great for quick plays

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bummey posted:

Tilt To Live, Trainyard

These 2 are awesome. The last game mode added to Tllt to Live (Viva La Turret) is some of the best gaming the phone has available.

Stormfang1502
Jan 26, 2003

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

If by "pick up and play with unlocks" you mean that whatever you earn in one sitting can be applied to the next by upgrades or whatnot then the following might be up your alley...

League of Evil 1/2
Random Heroes (haven't played the new on yet tho)
Block Fortress (I'm totally going to shill the hell out of this game every chance I get because its like the perfect game for me)
Puzzle Craft
Infinity Blade (and its various clones)
Bug Heroes/Bug Heroes Quest
Hunters Episode 1 (haven't played 2)
Army of Darkness Defense (spent way to much time spewing quotes from the movie while playing this)
Solomon's Keep/ Solomon's Boneyard

At least one of those should hit the spot, and several of those are completely free with fair IAP

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Is anyone playing Defender of Texel? Does having friends in that game actually do anything besides having them pop up on journeys from time to time to fight against for tiny amounts of money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pray For Death
Dec 28, 2012

Stormfang1502 posted:

This is good news and I would easily pay $10-$20 for a good full featured game. It always puzzled me though why no one ever thought to make a G.I. Joe X-Com style game. It seems like the perfect genre to fit in all the different vehicles, troop specializations, and base building.

He'll I would even pay $30-40 for a game of this ilk on my ipad. Can't wait for it to come out.

oblomov posted:

So what are some good RPGs for the iPad save the obvious Square stuff (Ghost Trick and TWEWY are must have), Baldur's Gate (it plays a lot better on PC), Bastion, Bard's Tale and Avadon? I plaid Xenovia and Inotia lines and found them pretty meh. Thinking of something comparable to stuff Square puts out (FF3 port was ok, haven't played FFV or FFD yet).

Also, can someone recommend a good 4x game other then Civ Revolutions?

Edit: Preferably games without IAP (or like Square just purchasing episodes).

Cthulhu Saves the World, Avadon, Knights of Pen & Paper.

Edit: oh you mentioned Avadon, scratch that.

Pray For Death fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 29, 2013

• Locked thread