Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Bwahahaha, that Thresh bluff :allears: This is great.

And yes let's ignore Ahri while she rips us all apart, this will work perfectly :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I really feel that benching Elementz was a mistake, Rhux just does not seem like he's in his element at all...

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

Yeah they just baited that...not even baited, traded for three turrets...

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

foutre posted:

I really feel that benching Elementz was a mistake, Rhux just does not seem like he's in his element at all...

Same thing happened last time they did this. It's like the exact same result. Bench Elementz, bring in Rhux, bench Rhux, bring in Elementz, fire Elementz, bring in Rhux, suck.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
HAHAHAHA THAT BARON! What the hell is this game?! Someone really does need to set that entire sequence to Yakety Sax. And then title it "don't doubt respawn times pre-40 minutes.avi". Vlad dies, comes back, and helps clean up the team that just got Baron. Christ.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Is the Curse/Vulcan matchup a Bo3 or Bo5?

Aaaand Rhux whiffs another Crescendo

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
Rhux is a good player.

Rhux is not a good support.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach
Even I can hit Crescendos, good lord. :sigh:

Bloodwater showed Rhux how to play Sona last game, Bloodwater showed Rhux how to play Thesh this game.

Dyllyn fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 29, 2013

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I wish I had ever played a Thresh game in my life half as good as BloodWater's Thresh game just now.

King of the Karp
Oct 8, 2010

Libertine posted:

Same thing happened last time they did this. It's like the exact same result. Bench Elementz, bring in Rhux, bench Rhux, bring in Elementz, fire Elementz, bring in Rhux, suck.

It kinda sounded like Elementz got sick of Saint's poo poo and didn't want to be a part of Curse anymore. At least that's what it sounded like to me, and i can't say I blame him. It always seemed like their relationship was pretty dysfunctional, and it seemed like it had been leaking into their play towards the end of LCS.

I bet Saint is regretting that now. Rhux is a good player, but he is obviously not used to this sort of play, and it's really costing them these games. Oh well, sorry Curse, you'd better get your poo poo figured out before the summer series.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Got dominated in the first game, wins the series. Nice one Vulcan.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Is it too late to vote for Mancloud as NA Mid on the All-Star team? :stare:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Man that was incredibly satisfying watching that combo fall flat on it's rear end.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

After watching this I think jungle is going to be NA Allstar's weak link.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
That Vulcan cheer got me hype :unsmith:

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Yeah, I think part of the problem is that Rhux has to be compared to Bloodwater, which isn't even fair. Ugh. I used to like Curse basically for Elementz/Voyboy, but Saint is just too much.

e: Haha yes, Saint jungle is questionable.

e2: Although on further reflection, sucks for Cop especially -- played well and can't pull in the same stream viewers as most of his team.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

King of the Karp posted:

I bet Saint is regretting that now. Rhux is a good player, but he is obviously not used to this sort of play, and it's really costing them these games. Oh well, sorry Curse, you'd better get your poo poo figured out before the summer series.

I'm pretty sure Saint and Voyboy shrug this stuff off. They make most of their money from streaming, so they don't really care about a 3rd place win. Provided they don't go into relegation, they're probably happy.

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:
Bloodwater MVP easily. Excellent plays, excellent calls.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Libertine posted:

Yeah, Saint basically sabotaged his teams chances of winning LCS by being a huge fuckwit to his teammates. Elementz wasn't the best support in NA, but he was servicable and had decent synegy with Cop. Antagonising him to the point he goes "gently caress this, I'm out" does not strike me as a good strategy for success.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

foutre posted:

Yeah, I think part of the problem is that Rhux has to be compared to Bloodwater, which isn't even fair. Ugh. I used to like Curse basically for Elementz/Voyboy, but Saint is just too much.

e: Haha yes, Saint jungle is questionable.

Not only is Saint's jungle questionable, I'm starting to doubt his ability to synergise with the rest of the Allstars team on a meaningful level. His ego is way out of hand. He'll probably butt heads with the rest as well on the team's direction.

Go EU Allstars :ussr:

Dyllyn fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Apr 29, 2013

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Dyllyn posted:

After watching this I think jungle is going to be NA Allstar's weak link.

Their weak links are every position that isn't held by a TSM member.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I hate to see the NA All-Star team as all TSM with special guest Scarra, but Oddone is the better jungler. Saint is aggressive and a shotcaller which isn't going to work out as well as the robotic, consistent support-heavy Oddone. Probably the most important thing that the NA All-Star team could have used was someone who can pull off incredible smite-steals, because after watching OGN, Saint Vicious doesn't stand a goddamn chance.

And Patoy is a top-tier support compared to XSpecial who just plays safe and doesn't make plays. Bloodwater has also shown to be a loving machine.

SpaceDrake posted:

Gonna say it, Saint seems to be the weak element of Curse at this juncture. His apparently caustic attitude is making his team dysfunctional, and his own decision-making is poor. A few of the bad plays there (like constantly wasting those global ults on situations where Zuna could, and did, easily juke the gank) are pretty much directly on his head.

If he's seriously the shotcaller for NA All-Stars, NA is going to get obliterated. :(
It's a common theme with the Oldguard NA teams. The Shotcaller is also the owner of the team and the worst player on the team, minus Dignitas who's play-caller is Crumbz and Scarra is one of the better players on the team.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 29, 2013

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

King of the Karp posted:

It kinda sounded like Elementz got sick of Saint's poo poo and didn't want to be a part of Curse anymore. At least that's what it sounded like to me, and i can't say I blame him. It always seemed like their relationship was pretty dysfunctional, and it seemed like it had been leaking into their play towards the end of LCS.

Gonna say it, Saint seems to be the weak element of Curse at this juncture. His apparently caustic attitude is making his team dysfunctional, and his own decision-making is poor. A few of the bad plays there (like constantly wasting those global ults on situations where Zuna could, and did, easily juke the gank) are pretty much directly on his head.

If he's seriously the shotcaller for NA All-Stars, NA is going to get obliterated. :(

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

They should have closed Allstars voting right now. At this point I think Oddone would have beaten Saint by a handy margin. I'm not even sure why Saint is so popular in the first place.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

NA is going to get obliterated either way so its not like it matters

Symphonie
Dec 24, 2010

lol just flamestrike it idk
Before Elementz left the majority opinion Elementz was the weakest link on Curse. Now he's martyred himself and everyone is hung up on big bad bully Saintvicious. Meanwhile Nyjacky loses lane and is underfarmed against mancloud every game and Rhux can't hit a Sona ult to save his life. Everyone assumes that the player that they perceive as meanest on a team is also the worst player on it, because they want the schadenfreude of him being a fuckup.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Schiavona posted:

I'm pretty sure Saint and Voyboy shrug this stuff off. They make most of their money from streaming, so they don't really care about a 3rd place win. Provided they don't go into relegation, they're probably happy.

I don't follow real closely, but haven't they been in a downward spiral for the latter half of the season? After losing a Bo3 to the 6th place team I'd definitely say they're at danger of relegation next season

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jackie D posted:

I don't follow real closely, but haven't they been in a downward spiral for the latter half of the season? After losing a Bo3 to the 6th place team I'd definitely say they're at danger of relegation next season
Season 4 is a long way away, and I don't expect Curse to have the same lineup by then anyway. CLG and Curse are revolving doors who are still on top because they've got big sponsors and corporations behind them.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

Dyllyn posted:

They should have closed Allstars voting right now. At this point I think Oddone would have beaten Saint by a handy margin. I'm not even sure why Saint is so popular in the first place.

Saint is popular because every single stream monster nerd dreams of being him over any other player in the NA scene. He's an alpha male gym-hound who supposedly does well with women and talks a lot of poo poo about clicking on monsters with a mouse.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Symphonie posted:

Before Elementz left the majority opinion Elementz was the weakest link on Curse. Now he's martyred himself and everyone is hung up on big bad bully Saintvicious. Meanwhile Nyjacky loses lane and is underfarmed against mancloud every game and Rhux can't hit a Sona ult to save his life. Everyone assumes that the player that they perceive as meanest on a team is also the worst player on it, because they want the schadenfreude of him being a fuckup.

Elementz is a good player and this has always been my position. It helps that he just-so-happened to be on team crs during their best games throughout the LCS. Regardless of if people actually thought he sucked before, though, Rhux is undoubtedly the weakest link on crs now. He just can't land his skills!!

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

Uhm, buh, we're better. We're justbetter. We keep loving up constantly but lol we're extremely better for sure.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.
HotshotGG with the typical "You didn't win, we lost" defense.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

So if CLG disbands, who picks up Doublelift? Curse has Cop, TSM has Turtle, Dig has QTPie and all three are all-stars. Even Vulcan has a very comfortable hypercarrying Zuna. Could GGU bench Dontmashme for Doublelift? They seem to be thriving on cheese and dumbluck so far

Actually don't a lot of Asian teams admire Doublelift? Wonder what he could do on a Korean team. Just some idle chitchat until next game starts.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Flameingblack posted:

So if CLG disbands, who picks up Doublelift? Curse has Cop, TSM has Turtle, Dig has QTPie and all three are all-stars. Even Vulcan has a very comfortable hypercarrying Zuna. Could GGU bench Dontmashme for Doublelift? They seem to be thriving on cheese and dumbluck so far

e: Actually don't a lot of Asian teams admire Doublelift? Wonder what he could do on a Korean team

GGU seems to have a lot of actual team spirit and camaraderie; I doubt they'll replace any of the current team unless they absolutely have to due to outside circumstances.

It'd totally slipped my mind what kind of poo poo Doublelift would be in if he lost his contract though :smith: Hopefully someone would pick him up.

Donald Duck
Apr 2, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

GGU seems to have a lot of actual team spirit and camaraderie; I doubt they'll replace any of the current team unless they absolutely have to due to outside circumstances.

It'd totally slipped my mind what kind of poo poo Doublelift would be in if he lost his contract though :smith: Hopefully someone would pick him up.

Probably Curse or one of the promoted teams.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003

Combo posted:

NA is going to get obliterated either way so its not like it matters

Yeah I only feel bad for Dyrus this is going to be a huge wake-up call to go against EU and the Koreans and Garena all-stars. It will be really interesting to see how the EU team does since there might be a language barrier.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Saint would totally bench Cop for Doublelift without a second thought.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

IBentMyWookie posted:

Yeah I only feel bad for Dyrus this is going to be a huge wake-up call to go against EU and the Koreans and Garena all-stars. It will be really interesting to see how the EU team does since there might be a language barrier.
Since Dignitas is usually the quickest to adapt, I'm sure Scarra is going to take a lot out of the game and I've been dying to see how Doublelift compares to the rest of the world, I don't expect St Vicious to learn much of anything, but I feel so bad for Dyrus who's going to take these losses pretty rough. :smith:

BrainToad
Dec 31, 2008

Saint holds the same position as Regi and Hotshot, what he says goes for the team because it is his team (their manager is in his pocket). If he wants something he will most likely get it and ignore his own flaws in favor of blaming someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Symphonie posted:

Nyjacky doesn't generally play assassin midlaners, but he's still carried games for Curse this season. He is not their weakest link by far. In general, he helps them win games but his positioning doesn't make them lose games. Cop sometimes has positioning issues, saint is an insane person, etc.

• Locked thread