Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

It sure is :allears:

Poop jokes, MRA, unnecessary victimization, and a random hatred for popular music.

This loving kid. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

People with blue eyes are kindhearted. Can't edit screenshots for poo poo though.

Oh look content!

The person who posted this is, like, 20 and has zero kids.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

dijon du jour posted:

I've seen multiple "the government says little old us are terrorists :qq:" things over the past week. Is there some new thing that is prompting this?
(I've also noticed that they never actually say what they did/the government thinks they did to earn them the title of "terrorist")

No, it's from like, three years ago when the DHS released a report saying that a major danger group for terrorism was anti-government militias and skinheads and the all, and they said these groups often recruit from politically conservative white Americans with military experience.

Of course rightwingers took this as "OBAMA SAYS LITERALLY EVERY VETERAN AND REPUBLICAN IS A TERRORIST!!!"

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

dijon du jour posted:

People with blue eyes are kindhearted. Can't edit screenshots for poo poo though.

Oh look content!

People get really angry when you point out that corporal punishment makes children more likely to act out violently unnecessarily. They get even angrier when you point out they're proving your point.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

dijon du jour posted:

Oh look content!

This is so pathetic. He was lucky enough to grow up in a time where he couldn't just get beaten by an adult in school and he wants to take that away from kids born after him.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

swampland posted:

This is so pathetic. He was lucky enough to grow up in a time where he couldn't just get beaten by an adult in school and he wants to take that away from kids born after him.

Her, actually. I think most of the stuff I post here will be from her because her posts on Facebook alternate between stuff like this:

and angry "everyone will betray you in the end" messages, usually because her on-again-off-again boyfriend has tried to pressure her into having kids again. :sweatdrop:

dijon du jour has a new favorite as of 07:04 on Apr 28, 2013

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The Native Americans were loving awesome with guns, and part of the reason Custer's Last Stand was such a disaster was because the native tribes had repeating rifles. Also, that is a ridiculously wrong retelling of Wounded Knee, not the least of which is that there was no school house there during the Wounded Knee Massacre. That was built later and was part of the Wounded Knee Incident involving AIM and Russel Means in the 1970s.

Magnatux
Nov 13, 2004

The surrealistic adventure became my world.
Is there some kind of conspiracy theory generator available online? Like it picks two descriptive words, pairs them with a buzzword-from-the-news title of a tragedy, and compares it to any three tinfoil-hat words in the world?

Dangerous Betrayal: 9/11 involved lead brainwave aliens!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Magnatux posted:

Is there some kind of conspiracy theory generator available online? Like it picks two descriptive words, pairs them with a buzzword-from-the-news title of a tragedy, and compares it to any three tinfoil-hat words in the world?

It's like a really lovely mad-libs.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

The Native Americans were loving awesome with guns, and part of the reason Custer's Last Stand was such a disaster was because the native tribes had repeating rifles. Also, that is a ridiculously wrong retelling of Wounded Knee, not the least of which is that there was no school house there during the Wounded Knee Massacre. That was built later and was part of the Wounded Knee Incident involving AIM and Russel Means in the 1970s.

I have someone on my list who claims to be majority Native American and posts these images. Thanks for providing ammo (no pun intended)!

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?
"They/he/she gave up their guns too!" is like the anti-"and that boy was Albert Einstein". It could be applied to so much.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

GorfZaplen posted:

It sure is :allears:

This person needs to stop killing beatles songs for me :colbert:

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Magnatux posted:

Yup: http://www.verifiedfacts.org/

oh god focault's pendulum is coming true

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

That picture gets weirder and weirder as it goes on. Bonus irony: the person who posted it is a fantastically awful writer.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

dijon du jour posted:

Oh look content!

A lot of people really can't seem to decide if they want children to act like adults, or if they should be treated like babies.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

FirstAidKite posted:

That picture gets weirder and weirder as it goes on. Bonus irony: the person who posted it is a fantastically awful writer.

See it's not their fault they're a bad writer! They just lived in a really lovely universe in their past life!

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

ol qwerty bastard posted:

I don't know if I'm still just tired or hungover or missing something obvious but I've reread their comment on the picture several times and I'm still not sure what it is trying to say.

Shes trying to do the loving #hashtag #hashtag# #hashtag thing at the end but without the hashtags.

Every single one of this girls posts is like this

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

dijon du jour posted:

Oh look content!

Someone yesterday shared a picture of a belt with the caption "I'm not saying this is why I turned out okay, but you'll notice I haven't shot up a school or any other dumb poo poo"

Strange, I didn't have to be beat to not shoot up a school :shrug:

And 5 people liked it :negative:

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?

FirstAidKite posted:

I thought about The Dark Tower series when I read this and I think my brain is breaking.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

massive spider posted:

Shes trying to do the loving #hashtag #hashtag# #hashtag thing at the end but without the hashtags.

Wow, that last one. #sosad is like the maximum amount of triteness you can display in response to a national tragedy. Honestly, #YOUGOTWHATYOUDESERVEDAMERICA would be less offensive to me than #sosad.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Amused to Death posted:

Someone yesterday shared a picture of a belt with the caption "I'm not saying this is why I turned out okay, but you'll notice I haven't shot up a school or any other dumb poo poo"

Strange, I didn't have to be beat to not shoot up a school :shrug:

And 5 people liked it :negative:

Please tell this someone that if they ever use such an egregious example of anecdotal evidence again I will personally materialize and confiscate their keyboard.

"I'm not saying having blue eyes is why I turned out okay, but you'll notice I haven't robbed a bank or any other dumb poo poo"
"I'm not saying being tall is why I turned out okay, but you'll notice I haven't tortured anyone or any other dumb poo poo"
"I'm not saying having a name that begins with "G" is why I turned out okay, but you'll notice I haven't exterminated a race or any other dumb poo poo"

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

massive spider posted:

I really don't understand why people use hashtags outside of Twitter. What's the point, you can't use it to search for anything.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Mr. Funktastic posted:

I really don't understand why people use hashtags outside of Twitter. What's the point, you can't use it to search for anything.

Because you can merge your Twitter account with other things, like Facebook, and have Twitter automatically post your tweets as a Facebook status (as opposed to manually updating each social network). The hashtags are there because they are still supported by Twitter.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

That still raises the question of who's searching for #sosad.

VVV Yeah people are using it but who the gently caress do they expect to be searching for it?

massive spider has a new favorite as of 21:28 on Apr 28, 2013

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
Enough for it to be used
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23sosad

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Hashtags are just a way of briefly communicating what a post is about. Or cleverly adding a note, even satirically commenting on your own post (i.e. "Mom didn't buy me ice cream, #firstworldproblems").

People are not actually using them to categorize things or make their Facebook posts searchable. I'm not sure what is so hard to understand about this.

#goons

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
I'm lucky enough that most of my FB friends are not idiots.

Some of their friends however:

Here is the obvious joke page that Green is railing against. He's not the only one taking it seriously.

SwimmingSpider has a new favorite as of 21:57 on Apr 28, 2013

Civic Dare
Feb 4, 2008

I sure do love Facebook philosophy (with some light swordplay).

Nilbog Resident
Dec 23, 2005

X Y v ^
There's no way that guy doesn't own at least 3 pairs of jorts.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Shannonmcn posted:

I missed this thread but can I request less conspiracy theories and more from FIREFIGHTING!!!!!!XD XD XD guy?

A page late (fell behind on the thread due to busyness), but ask and ye shall receive. I was just about to post some more Firefighter Guy actually.

If everyone in the world were as positive as him, the world would be a much better place.

Trash Boat has a new favorite as of 00:52 on Apr 29, 2013

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Nilbog Resident posted:

There's no way that guy doesn't own at least 3 pairs of jorts.

A a nice collection of "real" fedoras, not those crap fedoras from target. He got his from JCPenney.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Normally this wouldn't be notable, but this comes after one of my friends at work was discriminated against based on her being a girl by him, hopefully this is the beginning of his descent into something beautiful :allears:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Normally this wouldn't be notable, but this comes after one of my friends at work was discriminated against based on her being a girl by him, hopefully this is the beginning of his descent into something beautiful :allears:

Does he get his views on gender relations from '90s romantic comedies or something? :psyduck:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Why is it a mallard? Is it some kind of joke about gang rape?
http://www.enature.com/expert/expert_show_question.asp?questionID=22184

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I really hope firefighter guy makes it. The guys in the department better be nice to him :ohdear:

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Fatkraken posted:

Why is it a mallard? Is it some kind of joke about gang rape?
http://www.enature.com/expert/expert_show_question.asp?questionID=22184

Actual Advice Mallard meme. Contains useful information and some MRA poo poo.

http://www.quickmeme.com/Actual-Advice-Mallard/

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

bpower posted:

I really hope firefighter guy makes it. The guys in the department better be nice to him :ohdear:

It's gonna be terrible if he doesn't make it :ohdear:

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

A facebook friend of mine liked this.

In addition to being really sexist, it's also oddly specific.
Like, does he think that a meat-eating feminist is alright? Or a vegan MRA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

For some reason I find the loopy cheerfulness of this sexism really charming.

• Locked thread