Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Symphonie posted:

Before Elementz left the majority opinion Elementz was the weakest link on Curse. Now he's martyred himself and everyone is hung up on big bad bully Saintvicious. Meanwhile Nyjacky loses lane and is underfarmed against mancloud every game and Rhux can't hit a Sona ult to save his life. Everyone assumes that the player that they perceive as meanest on a team is also the worst player on it, because they want the schadenfreude of him being a fuckup.

Nah. It was evenly split between Cop and Elementz. No love for the Curse bot lane, even now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Well that was fast

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Regi learned how to lock in gold cards pretty drat quickly, didn't he.

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:
Balls to the wall

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Flameingblack posted:

Regi learned how to lock in gold cards pretty drat quickly, didn't he.

Probably got enough poo poo from his brother. :3:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

BrainToad posted:

Saint holds the same position as Regi and Hotshot, what he says goes for the team because it is his team (their manager is in his pocket). If he wants something he will most likely get it and ignore his own flaws in favor of blaming someone else.

I really wish Regi would hire a real coach and probably also a therapist for his team. I feel like the biggest thing holding them back right now are communication issues. At least going by Gamecribs, Dyrus, Xpecial and Regi all have issues expressing their problems in a constructive fashion. Also they are mean to Dyrus and that makes me angry <:saddowns:> .

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach

Failboattootoot posted:

I really wish Regi would hire a real coach and probably also a therapist for his team. I feel like the biggest thing holding them back right now are communication issues. At least going by Gamecribs, Dyrus, Xpecial and Regi all have issues expressing their problems in a constructive fashion. Also they are mean to Dyrus and that makes me angry <:saddowns:> .

I was just going to post about hiring a coach. The sooner they get the ego issues inherent in team management out of the way by appointing someone to do it for them, the sooner they can concentrate on realising their full potential. I'm not sure how Fanatic and Gambit do it, but I'm pretty sure coach or otherwise they'd do well because they just seem to get along with each other so much better.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Dyllyn posted:

I was just going to post about hiring a coach. The sooner they get the ego issues inherent in team management out of the way by appointing someone to do it for them, the sooner they can concentrate on realising their full potential. I'm not sure how Fanatic and Gambit do it, but I'm pretty sure coach or otherwise they'd do well because they just seem to get along with each other so much better.

I don't know about Fnatic but Gambit has a coach.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011

Failboattootoot posted:

I don't know about Fnatic but Gambit has a coach.

Pretty sure that the Fnatic coach is also the EU Allstars Coach.

On the Curse topic, I'm not sure why Saint gets so much poo poo about his play/calls. The only legitimate major complaint about him, in my opinion, is his inability to communicate without being a bit of an rear end to his teammates.

Also, Rhux is new at support. Yeah, he's not great at the moment, but I'm sure given time he'll improve. Although not perfect by any means, Aphromoo is making good strides towards being a good support, and I don't see why Rhux wouldn't be the same.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Regi dying to donate $100 for charity :3:

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Khaba posted:

Pretty sure that the Fnatic coach is also the EU Allstars Coach.

On the Curse topic, I'm not sure why Saint gets so much poo poo about his play/calls. The only legitimate major complaint about him, in my opinion, is his inability to communicate without being a bit of an rear end to his teammates.

Also, Rhux is new at support. Yeah, he's not great at the moment, but I'm sure given time he'll improve. Although not perfect by any means, Aphromoo is making good strides towards being a good support, and I don't see why Rhux wouldn't be the same.

I think you're understating Saint's toxicity -- frankly I'm amazed that Curse ever did well with such a lovely leader/shotcaller. I think it's undeniable that replacing him with just about any other similar jungler who isn't a dick and can make decent calls would vastly improve team synergy.

And yeah, Rhux definitely needs some time.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Does Prolly have any facial expressions besides :smug:? Yet to see evidence of this.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

Jonny Angel posted:

Does Prolly have any facial expressions besides :smug:? Yet to see evidence of this.

You don't really need a plan B when plan A is perfect.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

I cannot believe Zionspartan got out of that!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Khaba posted:

I'm not sure why the top teams in North America literally get players who are not support mains to play support. At this level of competition you really can't afford to just have guys learn on the job, they should come to the job already being experts.

GGU and Vulcan adding BloodWater and Daydreamin (although one was stolen from the other) I think have been big reasons why those two teams have risen. CLG and Curse having Aphromoo and Rhux who aren't support players by default playing support I think is a huge detriment. And I definitely don't think that just "being good at the game in general" translates well to "can play pro support".

King of the Karp
Oct 8, 2010
These Twitch/Nocturne plays are hilarious. I feel like it absolutely shouldnt work, but GGU has pulled it off like three times on WildTurtle. Love seeing stupid things like that work.

Edit: Holy cow that baron fight :stare: That Twitch is terrifying

King of the Karp fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 29, 2013

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
Is GGU vs TSM best of 3, or best of 5?

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach
Sometime at the start of S3 Regi was going to retire to manage TSM fulltime. Hypothetically speaking, who would replace him? I wonder if Wildturtle's agression would be better suited playing mid again. Get doublelift once CLG disbands, TSM could rule the world.

The Journey Fraternity
Nov 25, 2003

I found this on the ground!

Shmoogy posted:

Is GGU vs TSM best of 3, or best of 5?

Best of five.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
This is an absolute spanking. TSM don't even have a kill yet...

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

That baron call lost TSM this game, 100%. They weren't losing bad enough that it was time to try that sort of hail mary. Hell when GGU were 5-0 up in kills they were only 1k up in gold, TSM got desperate for no reason.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Jonny Angel posted:

He's a great interview, he should never change.

Dyllyn posted:

Sometime at the start of S3 Regi was going to retire to manage TSM fulltime. Hypothetically speaking, who would replace him? I wonder if Wildturtle's agression would be better suited playing mid again. Get doublelift once CLG disbands, TSM could rule the world.

Isn't Xpecial an awesome mid who just plays support because that's what TSM needed?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Surrender. Sign of a suffering team.

King of the Karp
Oct 8, 2010
Oh god TSM just surrendered 12-0 :stare: that game was absolutely crazy. GGU just did not give anyone on TSM a break that game. I don't think anyone would have called that game going that way. drat, crzy stuff.

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
Someone buy that guy a Summoner Rename to Don'tTwitchMe.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Flayer posted:

Surrender. Sign of a suffering team.
No reason to stay on tilt for another 10-30 minutes in a losing affair, best to hit reset and think about the next 3 games.

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~
Good god I love GGU. They represent everything I want this game to be. Double-Zeal Twitch Hypercarry with Nocturne ganks totally locking out the traditional first seed from getting a single kill, forced surrender without even taking an inhibitor.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
This tournament has really changed my opinion on NA LCS a lot, honestly. The games are getting more and more competitive, and I'll be damned if I can predict the outcome to any of these games anymore. They're straight up more entertaining than what we were getting early on, too. This is all a pretty good sign for the summer series, I'd say.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Libertine posted:

I'm not sure why the top teams in North America literally get players who are not support mains to play support. At this level of competition you really can't afford to just have guys learn on the job, they should come to the job already being experts.

GGU and Vulcan adding BloodWater and Daydreamin (although one was stolen from the other) I think have been big reasons why those two teams have risen. CLG and Curse having Aphromoo and Rhux who aren't support players by default playing support I think is a huge detriment. And I definitely don't think that just "being good at the game in general" translates well to "can play pro support".

For what it's worth, Aphromoo has a lot of experience in support roles in non-MOBA games and he's actively interested in playing support. If he's given time, I think he'll definitely be one of the top supports. What would be slick is if Doublelift was willing / able to learn a couple of supports for his Draven.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Flameingblack posted:

No reason to stay on tilt for another 10-30 minutes in a losing affair, best to hit reset and think about the next 3 games.

I've seen TSM do this a few times before, I admire them for it.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Alakaiser posted:

This tournament has really changed my opinion on NA LCS a lot, honestly. The games are getting more and more competitive, and I'll be damned if I can predict the outcome to any of these games anymore. They're straight up more entertaining than what we were getting early on, too. This is all a pretty good sign for the summer series, I'd say.

Exactly. I don't care if NA is the worst region mechanically and will never win worlds. Their league is so much more fun than watching the boring EU scene, or the even worse Garena league. Korea has been pretty interesting with some new teams coming in but blagh, those require a subscription to watch at a reasonable time.

Edit: I saw that Oddone, you turned off your Vorpal Spikes on accident! :colbert:

Edit 2: Xpecial and Turtle need to get their poo poo together because they are playing pretty poorly these last 2 games.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 29, 2013

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Hahaha that teamfight was like soloqueue from TSM. Nocturne ulting into Caitlyn and the whole of TSM running the other way to let her get owned :downs:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Has turtle ever done a best of 5 with a team before? I do not know how hard it could be, but you never know. Also, maybe they(TSM) should start switching to different champs they seem to be getting torn apart at times. Good games so far!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Foehammer007 posted:

Has turtle ever done a best of 5 with a team before? I do not know how hard it could be, but you never know. Also, maybe they(TSM) should start switching to different champs they seem to be getting torn apart at times. Good games so far!
Well there's two ways to shut down TSM right now, and if Regi isn't playing Karthus, it's shut down Regi. Otherwise if you camp Turtle it's pretty much a free win, since he's the biggest mechanical threat.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

I hope Dyrus is taking some notes on this game because Zion is winning these fights with his equalizer.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
NOOOOOO GGU..... poor DontMashMe/Jintae.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
GGU relied entirely on front for that fight and TSM declined to scatter and swept them up. This game looks over now.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Reginald is doing some loving insane damage on that Diana. He chunked Jintae down to half health with just a Q > R.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I wish there were more best of 5 series, this poo poo is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Has Cho'Gath ever been not great

• Locked thread