Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chacmool
Apr 12, 2007

Looking forward to this, like all the players, I just really hope we don't get Ricky vs Jwong again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Loving these old matches they're showing during the breaks. Someone should do a retro showcase show, weekly or something.

MK159
Aug 26, 2008
I walked away for like a minute and the audience is going nuts and the announcers are talking about Justin figuring out some counter to Infiltration's Akuma. What did I miss?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

MK159 posted:

I walked away for like a minute and the audience is going nuts and the announcers are talking about Justin figuring out some counter to Infiltration's Akuma. What did I miss?

Akuma U2 has always been thought to beat all of rufus's followups to EX messiah, but justin delayed the MK followup and beat the ultra which no one has seen before.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

MK159 posted:

It's pretty well accepted that Akuma's ultra 2 basically 100% punishes a blocked messiah kick from Rufus, but apparently the sweep followup to messiah will get under it and knock Akuma out of it.

vvvv Man, Infiltration really needs a better haircut.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Every time someone tries something against Infiltration you can bet he'll add it to his data, dude's a machine.

edit: This particular instance will help him against the rest of the EG team since Ricky and Floe also use Rufus.

Chacmool
Apr 12, 2007

Man I really wanted Wolfkrone to take Chris G out.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
I really respect Mike's EX headbutt usage.

tRIDAV
Jul 10, 2001

Oh, cruel fates, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Someone get Chris G some headphones.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
What's with all this "!betRed #" and "!betBlue #" stuff over in poverty chat? I've only been watching NCR since like an hour ago so I've been completely out of the loop

Chacmool
Apr 12, 2007

Wow, has Momochi always had a Ken?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Chacmool posted:

Wow, has Momochi always had a Ken?

Yes

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

The Dark Wind posted:

What's with all this "!betRed #" and "!betBlue #" stuff over in poverty chat? I've only been watching NCR since like an hour ago so I've been completely out of the loop

Some plugin that lets you bet Bison Dollars on the matches.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

The Dark Wind posted:

Every Bipson dollar will be worth five British pounds once he kidnaps their queen.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

FGC is hosed. Go from a room booing Chris and chanting against him for his dumb antics, to rooting for him to beat the visiting team.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

itskage posted:

FGC is hosed. Go from a room booing Chris and chanting against him for his dumb antics, to rooting for him to beat the visiting team.

People always want to see an American take out the japanese. Too bad he's still an rear end in a top hat (and personally I want Infiltration or Xian to take it over him).

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

itskage posted:

That's how it's always been. People would always root against Justin in MVC2 but that was all put aside when he played a Japanese player.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Yeah but Justin isn't an rear end in a top hat.

Also holy poo poo, let's go Xian!

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.

HoneyBoy posted:

He actually does use a lot of derogatory terms. I don't know if it's conditioning or what but it seems like people don't hold him against it because they've come to expect this from such a polarizing personality of the FGC who's known for being an offensive rear end in a top hat. I've even see him on his own stream use the word "human being," but when Ricky is over he refrains from using it despite it still entering his mind.

I think it's just the train of continual gently caress-ups ChrisG's been riding lately that highlight anything he does wrong. Someone needs to give these guys some sensitivity training or something.

FChamp does say some really messed up stuff, but he's also in California. When he was growing up, it was a pretty regular thing to use gay and human being as general insults. My female cousins still do it today. He called his entire stream "dumb fucks" because of the chat. For some reason, none of this bothers me as much as ChrisG's behavior.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

J2DK posted:

FChamp does say some really messed up stuff, but he's also in California. When he was growing up, it was a pretty regular thing to use gay and human being as general insults. My female cousins still do it today. He called his entire stream "dumb fucks" because of the chat. For some reason, none of this bothers me as much as ChrisG's behavior.

Really dude? C'mon. This excuses nothing.

California born and raised too.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

J2DK posted:

FChamp does say some really messed up stuff, but he's also in California. When he was growing up, it was a pretty regular thing to use gay and human being as general insults.

Not to defend Chris, but that isn't something unique to California.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
There's something very surreal about hearing Seth Killian use the word "YOLO"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Xian's nerves got him in that last set.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I really want Xian to win this whole thing.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
Credits to the stream:

That was fast.

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
It's not exactly an excuse. I used to use those words as insults for a few years, too, but then I grew up and realized how wrong it is.

For some reason, ChrisG bothers me and Champ doesn't.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

J2DK posted:

It's not exactly an excuse. I used to use those words as insults for a few years, too, but then I grew up and realized how wrong it is.

For some reason, ChrisG bothers me and Champ doesn't.

Probably because Champ doesn't come across as a real person.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Redmark posted:

Probably because Champ doesn't come across as a real person.

I can get behind that. He always seems like he's putting on an act.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

itskage posted:

I can get behind that. He always seems like he's putting on an act.

Assholes are assholes; if you're going to get mad and be rational about it, get mad at both.

Either you don't let that poo poo fly at all or you're just using it as a reason to justify not liking somebody.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

J2DK posted:

My parents and extended family still throw around racial slurs to describe black people and it still isn't right. Just because "that's the way it is" doesn't make it right.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Sure, but F Champ doesn't seem as bad because it's so absurd.

It's not all black and white.

Also go Xian! He's got a 2nd wind.

Edit: 3-0! Just like that!

Edit 2: and I'm not talking about their use of their slur only. That poo poo doesn't fly. I'm talking about their insufferable personalities in general.

Also trying to watch this so sorry I might seem to be going back and fourth in the conversation.

itskage fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 29, 2013

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Hey guys I just turned the stream back on and Xian 3-0'd motherfucking Infiltration to reset the bracket but if you'd like to keep talking about FChamp and ChrisG that's cool too

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
gently caress both of those nerds, come watch Infiltration get dumpstered.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

sentrygun posted:

gently caress both of those nerds, come watch Infiltration get dumpstered.

he's gonna win

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
Wow, Xian's Gen is so good.

And then Infiltration runs a round of back to back vortexes on him.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

I lagged out during whatever super/ultra exchange happened at the end of that round. :smith:

Edit: God dammit.

itskage fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Apr 29, 2013

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
Just cannot outlast the machine.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
FLIPPING A TABLE

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Infiltration sure got dumpstered. :golfclap:

Adbot