Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I think the more interesting thing is outlined in frosty pink at the bottom of the new page. It's an interesting coincidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

neogeo0823 posted:

I think the more interesting thing is outlined in frosty pink at the bottom of the new page. It's an interesting coincidence.

Crossover time. PLAYER 2 is Kat. (The Doorman sent the love letter!)

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh

readingatwork posted:

Here you go!

Allright! Thanks everyone.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I can't get over how well drawn this newest page is.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Bigger pages!

Ominous foreboding spirit!

Weaponry!

I'm so hype for this chapter. Looks like we'll have some big fights.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Macaluso posted:

I can't get over how well drawn this newest page is.

The raindrops bouncing off it in panels 2-4. :allears:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Karanas posted:

Allright! Thanks everyone.
This post just got magical.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Man, he started out pretty good, but Zack has seriously improved since he began the comic. That's a really nice page.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
This looks like the opening sequence to Thor 2 or something.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
If I had to guess I'd say this is a spirit manipulating a Tool directly. Maybe the ultimate end point of a spirit absorbing a spectral's energy? Zack has said that the Tool's appearance changes because of the spirit. It could've been an ordinary hammer once.

Quest Jefferson
Mar 27, 2010

Prison Warden posted:

If I had to guess I'd say this is a spirit manipulating a Tool directly. Maybe the ultimate end point of a spirit absorbing a spectral's energy? Zack has said that the Tool's appearance changes because of the spirit. It could've been an ordinary hammer once.

The pattern on the red metal near the handle makes me think of a traffic sign.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
STOP! Hammer Time.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Quest Jefferson posted:

Looking at the page again to check this, I noticed that the un-wrapped part of the hammer has steam coming off of it, and the spirit has an anvil for a head. I can't wait to see what Blacksmith spirit's deal is.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Getting some huge Pyramid Head vibes. :3:

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Quest Jefferson posted:

Yeah, it looks like maybe it is crafting (or repairing) his hammer with scrap metals?

is that good
Apr 14, 2012

Ferid posted:

Yeah, it looks like maybe it is crafting (or repairing) his hammer with scrap metals?

I'm feeling it as a stop sign tool that has partly turned into a hammer to fit the theme of the contained spirit.

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!
I think it's just a hammer with a neat handle, guys.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
It sure is pizza!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
"Papa Squat's Pizza" is a great background gag.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I love the subtitle or whatever its called on Papa Squat's. And who doesn't try to stack hotels or houses on their property in Monopoly?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Max's dad: worst parent, or best parent?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Max's family is adorable. :allears:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Papa Squat's Pizza (and wiretapping) certainly seems like a legit business.

Mage Ham
Apr 28, 2010
I really like the delightfully sinister fact that it appears to be Papa Squat's pizza and wiretapping.

Also Max has the same problem/solution re:throwing dice that I do.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Cat Mattress posted:

Papa Squat's Pizza (and wiretapping) certainly seems like a legit business.

I'm guessing it's either The Cousinhood snooping on the new spectral in town, or a hilariously obvious Mafia-owned business.

Also, has it been explained yet if spectral abilities are genetic? Isabelle's grandpa is apparently a spectral, so I'm wondering if there are/were spectrals in Max's family. Maybe a crazy grand-uncle who in retrospect wasn't so crazy after all.

Tupperwarez fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Apr 29, 2013

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

Max's dad: worst parent, or best parent?

Max's dad for president. Campaign motto: Things Can't Get Any Worse.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
There seems to be three people in the store - who's minding the register?

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Brannock posted:

I imagine Lefty would be quite good at it.

Though it would bring a whole new meaning to the phrase "having a hand in the till".

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Love Max's pose in panel 5. If it wasn't cut off, I'd probably make it my avatar.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tupperwarez posted:

Also, has it been explained yet if spectral abilities are genetic? Isabelle's grandpa is apparently a spectral, so I'm wondering if there are/were spectrals in Max's family. Maybe a crazy grand-uncle who in retrospect wasn't so crazy after all.

I guess we now know how Max's mom died!!! (Fighting spectral/ghosts/whatever is coming to town) :aaaaa:

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster

Brannock posted:

In the first panel there's a rope with a "PULL" sign, and you can see (in the next two panels) that the rope goes up the stairs and is tied to a lamp. I imagine a customer yanks on the rope and someone runs down to ring them up.

I'm digging Max's victory expression and his dad's shirt. I love all the little gags in this comic, the unusual shirts designs ("CLOTHING"), little art details (see Jeff's "PAL!?" speech bubble), and all the jokes hiding in the background (those book posters, food names, etc).

I forget if this was posted already. It's a compilation of certain things Zack has said in the comments section.

Also, I think someone asked Zack what Paranatural's theme music would be if it was ever made into a cartoon, and he said this was the song that comes to mind when he thinks of the comic. It's pretty cool.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
I just love Max's dad. Actually I like the whole family, but Max's dad is pretty great.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It's almost kind of jarring to me that we've jumped time a bit, even if it's just later in the day. Everything else in the comic to this point has been over the course of a little more than a day. Not that this is a bad thing or anything, just a note I'm making.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

I'm partial to Max's dice-rolling stance.

edit: Also, going through Nick_326's links really illustrates how much Zack's technique has developed. I have to admit, though, Chapter 3's style is weaker than 1 or 2, in my opinion anyway.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
My only beef with Zach's style is those really awful fringe bangs that Max's family and Mr. Spender have.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

My hair-related beef is that Isaac's hairline used to be jagged like hair should be and now it's a straight line and it bothers me way more than it should

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Looking at the first panel again, who are those people in the convenience store? Is the activity club doing a sleepover, or maybe some investigative "journalism"?

Nick_326 posted:

I'm digging Max's victory expression and his dad's shirt. I love all the little gags in this comic, the unusual shirts designs ("CLOTHING"), little art details (see Jeff's "PAL!?" speech bubble), and all the jokes hiding in the background (those book posters, food names, etc).

The food names are fun, but I like more how they sell canned bees in the convenience store.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

Looking at the first panel again, who are those people in the convenience store? Is the activity club doing a sleepover, or maybe some investigative "journalism"?

Convenience stores often find themselves occupied by "customers", who have come to purchase wares.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

kidcoelacanth posted:

My hair-related beef is that Isaac's hairline used to be jagged like hair should be and now it's a straight line and it bothers me way more than it should

Well you know, sometimes hair is... hard to control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
If Zack gets an online store started that just sells all the shirt designs that his characters have worn in the comic he would pretty much end up with all of my money.