Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Perpetual Hiatus posted:

I finally had some money to spend on music, been putting off getting a few of these till I could actually give them something. Mainly electronic music with a hiphop tangent thrown in. I love bandcamp.

http://beatsantique.bandcamp.com/album/contraption-vol-ii
Very, very good choice. Beats Antique is phenomenal.

Related, I bought a tattoo on Sunday that I don't have a very good pic of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Asus FT700 + Dock

Was on the fence for a while on tablets. First it was the ipad mini, then it was the acer a200, then it was the asus ft201. Iwent all out and got the Asus TF700. This thing is sweet. Got a decent deal on craigslist ($290 for tablet + sleeve + 32gb micro sd card)

It's already rooted. Which I assume is like being jailbroken. Haven't messed with that yet. Ordering the dock, a case, anti-glare screen protector, and micro hdmi cable. This thing is loving sweet. First tablet I've ever owned.

I love my iphone but this is my first android anything. Ipads are just too overpriced. And with the option of a keyboard, extending the storage, micro HDMI out, and a usb slot it was an easy choice.

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006
It was time to retire my Vans prison issue's so I went with these for 44 bucks.

Pretty comfortable, a little tight around my wide foot but I'm hoping they will stretch out a bit.

Nereid
Sep 17, 2009

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar

DrBouvenstein posted:

Couple bottles of this:

I miss being in VT and being able to have Switchback whenever I want. I have one bottle stockpiled for a special occasion. :mad:

content: I bought gas and the top half to this most excellent Canadian tuxedo today:

The shirt is 90s as all get out and I dig it.

Nereid has a new favorite as of 06:58 on Apr 27, 2013

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

A monocular for exploring the countryside like a pro!

A splendid pair of Oxford's from Samual Windsor. They don't come like this, this is a previous pair I polished up.

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

Weezy88 posted:

It was time to retire my Vans prison issue's so I went with these for 44 bucks.

Pretty comfortable, a little tight around my wide foot but I'm hoping they will stretch out a bit.

What's the model name? Trying to find them but all I'm getting is naff girl's pumps and equestrian products...

My last purchase -

For the dog. I've built in a switch that when pressed, shoot bubbles. Obviously. She chases, bubbles stop. Rinse. Repeat.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I just joined the Kavinsky party. So good!

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006

wigbot v2.0 posted:

What's the model name? Trying to find them but all I'm getting is naff girl's pumps and equestrian products...

Sorry, they are Saucony Jazz Low Pro's. Got them on Amazon for that price.

http://www.amazon.com/Saucony-Originals-Mens-Jazz-Sneaker/dp/B000HU4QTO

The original Jazz have a high sole, and look like orthopedic shoes, so def go for the low pros.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Nereid posted:

I miss being in VT and being able to have Switchback whenever I want. I have one bottle stockpiled for a special occasion. :mad:

I don't know where you live now, but on draft they've expanded pretty well into NH and NY. I know I've seen it as far as the Albany area.

The bottles, however, are still only in VT.

carnivaljunkie
Apr 7, 2006

What's it like in funny little brains? It must be so boring.

wigbot v2.0 posted:

For the dog. I've built in a switch that when pressed, shoot bubbles. Obviously. She chases, bubbles stop. Rinse. Repeat.

Content:

I'm taking my boyfriend to his first hockey game. I'm a Tennessean stuck in Ohio; go Preds!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

M.Ciaster posted:

It's loving awesome, I love Kavinsky and this might just be his best album to date.
This looks conspicuously like the font from the new Daft Punk album.

Nereid
Sep 17, 2009

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar

DrBouvenstein posted:

I don't know where you live now, but on draft they've expanded pretty well into NH and NY. I know I've seen it as far as the Albany area.

The bottles, however, are still only in VT.

I live in North Carolina. :negative:

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

carnivaljunkie posted:

I'm taking my boyfriend to his first hockey game. I'm a Tennessean stuck in Ohio; go Preds!

Should be an interesting game since it's the last of the season and could determine if the Bluejackets make the playoffs. Granted they need the Wild to lose.

carnivaljunkie
Apr 7, 2006

Yeah, I'm not expecting a Preds win, to be frank. They haven't been doing super well this season; but at the very least, I'm hoping for a hard-fighting game since Columbus will probably be hitting hard for the win.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Now to break them in and get my feet used to them. Did a short run today and they are already great.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Josh Lyman posted:

This looks conspicuously like the font from the new Daft Punk album.

Well they're both French House and they did tour together at one time...

:tinfoil:

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

carnivaljunkie posted:

Yeah, I'm not expecting a Preds win, to be frank. They haven't been doing super well this season; but at the very least, I'm hoping for a hard-fighting game since Columbus will probably be hitting hard for the win.

I'd bank on some fights, especially if it's a close game in the 3rd.

Just ordered a bunch of things for my Go Ruck Challenge next month.

Mechanix Vent Glove

Drymax Lite Trail Running Socks

Injinji Running Socks

2Toms Sportshield, I hope this helps prevent my pack from tearing the skin off my shoulders and my legs from tearing themselves apart

Kerafyrm
Mar 7, 2005

First new car in 12 years. :) 2013 Civic.

Kerafyrm has a new favorite as of 02:19 on Apr 28, 2013

carnivaljunkie
Apr 7, 2006

rockcity posted:

I'd bank on some fights, especially if it's a close game in the 3rd.

There were a couple fights, but only in the beginning. Preds had it 1-0 for a while but gave up around the third, so Bluejackets got the win. But hey, they aren't going to the playoffs, so whatever!

And Kerafyrm, that's a cute little civic.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.
I bought a different kind of music.

Alice:

Saffron:

And their palatial estate:

They kinda make me happy :unsmith:

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
My C2E2 haul:

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Nikon SB-600, now that work has got me running portraits on various jobs.

FistLips
Dec 14, 2004

Must I dream and always see your face?
Nikon D7000:

Tamron 17-50:

Yongnuo YN-468 II:

Plus a few other small, cheap photography related items and photo books.

Also:

A print of this from Society6:

A new jacket from Zara, tickets to see NoMeansNo, more RAM for my iMac and a year subscription to Crashplan. Bye bye, company bonus!

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.
Nikon P7700, because I don't need anything more fancy:

Bose Quietcomfort 15, because I need the silence:

Computer Forensic Intro Book, written by a fellow goon, because I want to learn:

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Reason 6.5 with a free upgrade to Reason 7.

After years of using Reason 2 - 4, I finally bought a copy and the jump is pretty significant. Really enjoying this new software.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Found this bag for $30 at Ross. I'm very happy with it.

And

FINALLY a phone that isn't a two year old hand me down. :dance:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Manbags ahoy!

I needed a smaller one to stop me from carrying far too much poo poo around everywhere, and this is perfect. Holds a Kindle, a waterproof coat and lunch.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Picked up a Nexus 7

and an Automat Kalashnikov 74 knife.

Both are awesome.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

A used 1996 Toyota Camry. Mileage was a bit high, but it's pretty solid otherwise. Has a few gremlins to exorcise, but nothing I can't handle. After selling my old car to a salvage yard, it ended up costing me $1650.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

App13 posted:

Picked up a Nexus 7

Both are awesome.

Glad to hear, mine should be here tomorrow. I know there's a new one coming but I got a good enough price not to care.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

One present for my mom and two presents for me!

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

I bought a different kind of music.

Alice:

Saffron:

And their palatial estate:

They kinda make me happy :unsmith:

I love parakeets. My college roommate had a pair in our dorm room and they were just so cute and funny.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

After having mine stolen out of my car last year, I finally managed to find a store that had some in stock. It's one of my favorite bags ever. It looks great, it's water resistant, and super comfortable.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Raikiri posted:

I know there's a new one coming but I got a good enough price not to care.

Crap, I did not know that. Oh well, it was cheap.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

One present for my mom and two presents for me!

I've read all the issues of the new Hawkeye and loved it, was definitely one of the best titles I'd come across cold. It's a really humanizing take on Clint Barton - if you haven't read it, I hope you enjoy it!

I want to cut the tabacco part of smoking out of my life, and I recently bought the eroll vapour cigarette.

I've been using it for over a week, and have gone from about a pack a day to having smoked eight or ten smokes in the past nine days. It's not the same, but when you don't stink and what you're inhaling tastes like candy and you can be warm in bed and still nicking, it's pretty great.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

NotAnArtist posted:

I've read all the issues of the new Hawkeye and loved it, was definitely one of the best titles I'd come across cold. It's a really humanizing take on Clint Barton - if you haven't read it, I hope you enjoy it!

I want to cut the tabacco part of smoking out of my life, and I recently bought the eroll vapour cigarette.

I've been using it for over a week, and have gone from about a pack a day to having smoked eight or ten smokes in the past nine days. It's not the same, but when you don't stink and what you're inhaling tastes like candy and you can be warm in bed and still nicking, it's pretty great.

What's the draw like, and how much vapor does it produce?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

App13 posted:

What's the draw like, and how much vapor does it produce?

The draw is good, the vapour can hit the back of your throat a bit harshly when you're getting used to it, and it produces enough that you look like you're smoking. A bouncer in a local bar tapped my shoulder before realizing the "butt" end was a blue LED, and then I felt stupid for using it indoors.

The only downside is that the body housing the atomizer can get really hot. Not "burn your hand" hot, but quite hot upon extended use.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

App13 posted:

Crap, I did not know that. Oh well, it was cheap.

Not until July, if it's anything like the Nexus phones the differences won't be enormous anyway.

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:
Dorco (referral link) is kinda awesome. I placed an order a few weeks ago after seeing it posted here and got some razors and then today another package showed up with a handwritten note from Ken Hill, who is apparently the president, personally thanking me for my business. In the package was a free razor and additional cartridge and a coupon which is pretty cool.

I already have plenty of razors so if anybody wants the $5 off your next order of $20 or more you can pm me for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Clowning
Jan 10, 2007
I'm certainly not gonna sign for any more packages with the word "Congo" written in blood.
Das Keyboard

Some books

Some more books

Business cards

• Locked thread