Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
So are you guys saying I should be buying one of these Supras near me?

White one is 6k, red is 4.5k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010
The mk-2 has always been my favourite, a ton of fun and performance parts aren't very hard to find. But i wouldn't pay 4.5k unless it was MINT. (depending on where you are)

Also no insanely easy to work on, but it's not that bad.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Hey I bought a CCGT on Thursday! Not a Koeniggseggggg though, a VW, :v:

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
Is there a name for door like that, where the window doesn't have a frame? Subaru does that too and I like it.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Just frameless windows. Most coupes and all convertibles have frameless windows, and Subaru for some reason also does it on pretty much all their cars (or used to).

One of my favorite cars and favorite cities:

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Frameless windows suck in cold climates. Ask me how I have to open the doors on my e36 coupe with a heat gun!

Never realized how big the greenhouse is on e28s until now. And I've been in/around them before.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Crustashio posted:

Frameless windows suck in cold climates. Ask me how I have to open the doors on my e36 coupe with a heat gun!

Truth. That and people always closing the doors by pushing the glass. When I still had my Grand National I was really anally retentive about people using the door, not the glass.

MODNOTE: Imgur makes it easy people, just stick an 'l' before the extension. Sheesh.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BigHouseOfBooty
Nov 13, 2012

SyHopeful posted:

Truth. That and people always closing the doors by pushing the glass. When I still had my Grand National I was really anally retentive about people using the door, not the glass.

re-size bro.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

I've seen stuff like this when I was younger and thought watching anime was cool, but I always assumed it was hilariously exaggerated. If you're trying to tell me that anime told me the truth, I don't think I know how to handle that.

An electric miata :haw:

BigHouseOfBooty
Nov 13, 2012

grumplestiltzkin posted:

I've seen stuff like this when I was younger and thought watching anime was cool, but I always assumed it was hilariously exaggerated. If you're trying to tell me that anime told me the truth, I don't think I know how to handle that.

An electric miata :haw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azlNF1Ih0Eo&feature=share&list=FLHiGaBnYXgvwO_6wJoJkOgg
Oh its real. Bosozoku. Be prepared to loose your mind.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

I call this post "The fine German tradition of shoving washing machines in the backs of super beetles".

Porsche 356
This happens to be a late model 1500 cc model.

Porsche 901 / First Gen 911
Two liter flat six.

Last of the First Gen 911 (1973)

First 911 Turbo (1976)

G Model 911

964 911

993 911

996 911
First water cooled model. Also notable for the first model with a massively useless engine access hatch.

997 911
Evolution, not revolution. Now the air box cover is smooth!

991 911
Since 991 comes after 997, they figured that a engine bay should be even more inaccessible. To change the air filter you need to remove the rear bumper.

Obviously not a full history...

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Looking at those makes me think that I'll never own a 911, they all look like nightmares to work on.

Unf.

Puddin fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 29, 2013

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Add a picture before your probated man!

Thats probably the best definition of "I hosed Up" I've ever done....

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
2 DeLoreans in one shot. 2nd one is 4 cars down. The one next to me sounded like utter poo poo.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

monkeytennis posted:

Hey I bought a CCGT on Thursday! Not a Koeniggseggggg though, a VW, :v:

I rather enjoyed the CC I had as a loaner last week.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Puddin posted:

Looking at those makes me think that I'll never own a 911, they all look like nightmares to work on.

Just drop it out the butt with the transmission attached.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Not exactly what I expected to see in the parking lot at my local Costco here in Winnipeg:

Bentley Continental GT Speed Convertible.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

TKIY posted:

Not exactly what I expected to see in the parking lot at my local Costco here in Winnipeg:

Bentley Continental GT Speed Convertible.

I've seen Rolls Royces at my local 99 cents store.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Dear AI,

What the gently caress is this?

Sincerely,
KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
That's a Zimmer.

http://www.zimmermotorcars.com/

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
If I ever have kids (unlikely) they drat well better be this awesome.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

kastein posted:

If I ever have kids (unlikely) they drat well better be this awesome.

I must get my daughter a Power Wheels ride-on right now.

poo poo - picture!
Spotted this at a swap meet last weekend:

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 30, 2013

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

also spotted this at the same swap meet:

It's a '67 Chevy C-60 medium duty truck with an 11-foot bed. Like one of those big International pickuos, only lots older. 427 5-speed, too.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

See, I was hoping it was just some kind of one-off hackjob, but you're telling me there's a whole line of these abominations? Now I regret asking.

Look at this. LOOK AT THIS.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 30, 2013

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

See, I was hoping it was just some kind of one-off hackjob, but you're telling me there's a whole line of these abominations? Now I regret asking.

Look at this. LOOK AT THIS.

The new ones based off of 2000+ Mustangs and Town Cars are indeed hideous abominations, but I think the Zimmers from the 80's that are more boxy (like the burgundy one posted above) look a lot better.

I almost thought an old 80's Zimmer would make a great Chump car until I saw they are still going for as much as 20 grand. The scary thing here is that people are paying $180,000 (oh, actually $179,900 according to the website, cause that extra $100 makes it look like a better deal) for a Mustang with shoddy sheet metal welded on.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

In the vein of turning normal cars into pimptastic monstrosities:

The Stutz Blackhawk:

Who was their first customer? Why, the King himself, Elvis.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

BoostCreep posted:

The new ones based off of 2000+ Mustangs and Town Cars are indeed hideous abominations, but I think the Zimmers from the 80's that are more boxy (like the burgundy one posted above) look a lot better.

I almost thought an old 80's Zimmer would make a great Chump car until I saw they are still going for as much as 20 grand. The scary thing here is that people are paying $180,000 (oh, actually $179,900 according to the website, cause that extra $100 makes it look like a better deal) for a Mustang with shoddy sheet metal welded on.

The worst part is no matter how hard you scrub you can't get the Mustang off...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Dear AI,

What the gently caress is this?

Sincerely,
KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD

The body lines are just loving horrible, I think it would look significantly better if the roofline was brought up 2-3 degrees at the front relative to the hood/front bodywork. It looks like someone bent it down right at the front of the windshield.

e: gently caress YOU AND YOUR BULLSHIT TICKET :smug:
(followed, pulled over, and ticketed for BS due to driving a beater truck late on a Saturday night in smalltown CT)

I think it's awesome, because my driving record and bank account are preserved and I didn't even have to show up for court.

kastein fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 30, 2013

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
The best pimp cars are Excaliburs.

Zimmers are a low rent copy of these. Excaliburs were originally based on Studebakers, but when Studebaker folded they switched to Corvette 327's. They weighed just over a ton and were pretty fast for the time.

Zimmers are garbage compared to an Excalibur.

Mister Kingdom posted:

In the vein of turning normal cars into pimptastic monstrosities:

The Stutz Blackhawk:

Who was their first customer? Why, the King himself, Elvis.

To be fair to the Blackhawk, it was the 70's and if you were an A-lister this is what you drove. My favorite part is Dean Martin crashed one that had license plates that said "DRUNKY"

That's also probably the least flattering angle for it, too.

The interiors were pretty swanky.

They used a GM platform and drivetrain for ease of maintenance but otherwise were coachbuilt by Ghia.

This guy has it bad for them, I think he has like 10

e- apparently Ghia didn't do the coachwork, just the prototype

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 30, 2013

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Puddin posted:

Air-cooled 911s are actually super easy to work on; even in the relatively crowded 964 and 993 engine bays anything that needs frequent servicing is pretty easy to get at, even with the engine in place, and any disassembly required to get at something will be straightforward. Worse comes to worse, dropping the engine is very easy; my dad and I did it once in his '73 in less than two hours. The water-cooled cars are a nightmare, I'll grant you that.

Here's my favourite 911-related engine bay:

MrChips fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 30, 2013

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
Oh good, I was wondering where I could post this picture I took yesterday but it fits in perfectly with custom/low-production coachwork chat.

An Avanti. I think it's a 4-seater C5 Corvette with a Ford V8? I dunno, I didn't research the brand's troubled history too much. Production ended in 2007 when it turned out the company owner was involved in a Ponzi scheme.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

http://jalopnik.com/for-11-500-be-rude-loud-and-obnoxious-483843105
It's dreamy.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Not V8 powered but very well done:

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
I saw something the other day I THOUGHT was a Zimmer at first, until I figured out what a Clénet was.

The one I saw was a hideous creamy yellow color with a guy who looked like Dennis Gage driving and a woman who looked like a hooker straight out of the early 90's in the passenger seat. Classy.

Laura-4-Lyfe
Oct 14, 2005

Yay 914!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

The way the door crosses the P makes it look like it's a Rorsche (which sounds like a knock-off Porsche).

Content: Porsche

Vigo327
Dec 24, 2012
IF I CONTINUE TO WHINE ABOUT THE PROBATIONS I RECEIVE, REPORT THIS POST SO THAT I CAN BE PROBATED AGAIN

BoostCreep posted:

Did you take that picture? I know exactly where that dealership is in my city.

Low production/custom coachwork might be a stretch for this one, but hey. I have to post a pic.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
AI Father of the Year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm2xgHeULSc

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Serperoth posted:

Content: Porsche

Porsche:

911SC by Phanatic, on Flickr

Not a Porsche:

Surprise it's Italian by Phanatic, on Flickr

French:

Actually a Peugeot by Phanatic, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010