Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

I stand corrected. The two of them should start a "Good spear, awful hair" club.

Reigns has normal hair. You are thinking of Rollins. Edge's spear at least looked good because he normal had momentum from it and not just a normal bounce off the ropes and hug like Bo's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

They should all start taking hair care tips from Regal. It's just so...fluffy.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

Edge's spear at least looked good because he normal had momentum from it and not just a normal bounce off the ropes and hug like Bo's.
I don't recall Edge ever doing a Spear that looked good that wasn't some kind of special circumstance (Taker into the cell, Foley through a flaming table, Hardy from two stories up, etcetera). Whatever "momentum" he has going totally dies when the actual tackle consists of hopping sideways and sort of patting their waist.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

KungFu Grip posted:

Reigns has normal hair. You are thinking of Rollins. Edge's spear at least looked good because he normal had momentum from it and not just a normal bounce off the ropes and hug like Bo's.

You liked Edge's spear? It always looked terrible and non-painful because he would just jump and hug around their waist lightly. Reigns' looks good because he completely leaves his feet and looks like he's transferring all that momentum into the tackle (in no small part because of his football background, I'm sure). Kaitlyn does the same thing and that's why hers is good too.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Kaitlyn's spear looks bad about half the time she does it.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
I always thought that Edge's Spear was the worst of the lot, it wasn't a tackle or a GORE!, it was a gentle hug that he approached somewhat rapidly.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Rhino's GORE (GORE GORE) will always be the best spear ever.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

oatgan posted:

half the time she's not even in the shot when she does it

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

Some Other Guy posted:

half the time she's not even in the shot when she does it
Maybe if they had a wide angle lens.

So Summer Rae is Fandango's dance girl who can't actually dance. Why'd they get rid of the other girl? She owned.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

oatgan posted:

A lot of the spear also depends on how the person takes it. Reigns' spear of Cena looked like poo poo because Cena jumped and was falling over by the time Reigns got there. If like Aksana or Rosa is taking it then it'll probably look lovely. But if Kaitlyn spears AJ and AJ bends in about nine different directions it'll probably look real cool.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Wojtek posted:

Maybe if they had a wide angle lens.

So Summer Rae is Fandango's dance girl who can't actually dance. Why'd they get rid of the other girl? She owned.

Probably because they were likely paying the other girl per appearance, while Summer Rae was already under WWE contract and has pretty much gotten as much education as she's going to get out of NXT.

Alternative theory: Kelly Kelly refused to return to WWE and they need to get started on prepping her doppelgänger replacement.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Summer Ra

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Alternative theory: Kelly Kelly refused to return to WWE and they need to get started on prepping her doppelgänger replacement.

Except for Summer being way better than K2. For one, she can actually wrestle and is a pretty great heel.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Liar Lyre posted:

Summer Ra

Except for Summer being way better than K2. For one, she can actually wrestle and is a pretty great heel.

Well, to be fair, "way better than K2" isn't exactly a bar that's set very high. :v:

I haven't seen her work since FCW was taken off of Bright House during the transition to NXT, and at that point in time she was pretty much just a GM figure, so there's definitely room for her to be impressive as far as I'm concerned.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I don't think there's ever been a wrestler with a sun deity gimmick. It could work.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I Before E posted:

I don't think there's ever been a wrestler with a sun deity gimmick. It could work.

Happy accidents from using the Awful app.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Well, to be fair, "way better than K2" isn't exactly a bar that's set very high. :v:

I haven't seen her work since FCW was taken off of Bright House during the transition to NXT, and at that point in time she was pretty much just a GM figure, so there's definitely room for her to be impressive as far as I'm concerned.

She only just started wrestling feuding with Paige on NXT. She's obviously super green but shows promise in actually working a body part over (and hitting a bad spinning kick as a finisher...) with her gimmick basically being somewhere between Maryse's and Michelle McCool's which she plays up well.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Suben posted:

She only just started wrestling feuding with Paige on NXT. She's obviously super green but shows promise in actually working a body part over (and hitting a bad spinning kick as a finisher...) with her gimmick basically being somewhere between Maryse's and Michelle McCool's which she plays up well.

She definitely needs a bit more time to get comfortable in the ring; she's only had a couple matches and while she cuts a decent promo she's still pretty sloppy. Honestly if they just keep her as Fandango's partner for a while and get her used to the big arenas while giving her some more time in development she has the potential to be a very solid member of the women's roster.

Truth be told I'm still annoyed they didn't bring up Emma for Fandango's partner; she isn't really feuding with anyone in NXT, her gimmick's getting over and she already knows her way around the ring, plus she could be a solid catalyst for a return of Johnny Curtis if that's where they wanted to go.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Renaissance Spam posted:

She definitely needs a bit more time to get comfortable in the ring; she's only had a couple matches and while she cuts a decent promo she's still pretty sloppy. Honestly if they just keep her as Fandango's partner for a while and get her used to the big arenas while giving her some more time in development she has the potential to be a very solid member of the women's roster.

Truth be told I'm still annoyed they didn't bring up Emma for Fandango's partner; she isn't really feuding with anyone in NXT, her gimmick's getting over and she already knows her way around the ring, plus she could be a solid catalyst for a return of Johnny Curtis if that's where they wanted to go.

Emma needs to stay in NXT and dance forever.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Emmalution > Fandango'ing

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

Price Check posted:

Emmalution > Fandango'ing

Emma vs. Fandango for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania 32 in a Danceferno Match.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jefferoo posted:

Emma vs. Fandango for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania 32 in a Disco Inferno Match.

It was right there!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I went ahead and updated the OP somewhat. I added in a blurb about the E! Divas show, and put a small amount of info for WWE Main Event.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

njsykora posted:

Emma needs to stay in NXT and dance forever.

I agree. Emma is the best.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011
Is anyone planning on watching that E! Diva's show (and admitting to it)?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ChaosSmurf posted:

Is anyone planning on watching that E! Diva's show (and admitting to it)?

I plan to at least give the first episode a shot, or at least watch the highlights on The Soup.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

May 1, 2013

Antonio Cesaro vs. Kofi Kingston
Heath Slater vs. Justin Gabriel (30 minutes in)

Antonio Cesaro is a loving MACHINE!!!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

May 1, 2013

Primo & Epico vs. Wyatt Family vs. Bo & Adrian
Paige vs. Summer
Bray Wyatt vs. Chris Jericho

NXT arrives in a timely fashion this week! And it looks like a gooder.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

How long have these NO MORE BO chants been happening? I love it :allears:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wow, Summer Rae and Paige put on a hell of a match. What a bump Summer took against the ring. Holy poo poo, this is like night and day from a Kelly Kelly match.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Antonio Cesaro is a loving MACHINE!!!
Hello, Sara.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Tom "Sylvestre 'The French Stallion' Lefort" La Ruffa is going to be debuting on the may 30th NXT, taped tonight, managing Scott Dawson and Garrett Dylan. I dont know anything about NXT, wrestling, sports, or entertainment, so can someone please fill me in on these guys? They seem utterly generic.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Meat Recital posted:

Tom "Sylvestre 'The French Stallion' Lefort" La Ruffa is going to be debuting on the may 30th NXT, taped tonight, managing Scott Dawson and Garrett Dylan. I dont know anything about NXT, wrestling, sports, or entertainment, so can someone please fill me in on these guys? They seem utterly generic.

Well thats really loving odd pairing because the spoilers reported that those 2 debuted with a redneck gimmick.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Take note of the cockrophone.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
That ones dude is not Scott Dawson and that doesn't look like the place where they tape the shows so idk whats going on.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Yeah, that's the old FCW arena so it's probably a house show. I guess we probably won't see Zayn/Cesaro just yet. :smith:

Edit: sounds like there was a taping last night, so perhaps the photo was from some other show?

As for the guys he's with, Garrett Dylan had kind of an "old school southern brawler" vibe going on last time I saw him and I think the other guy is Jack Carter, son of Vader and guy who has been drifting since his sleazy team with Corey Graves broke up.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 12:51 on May 3, 2013

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
That was my first time seeing Summer Rae wrestle, and I can see why people think she could be good one day, but my god is she green. Took some real good bumps though.

edit: oh, she's been wrestling since 2011.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

That was my first time seeing Summer Rae wrestle, and I can see why people think she could be good one day, but my god is she green. Took some real good bumps though.

edit: oh, she's been wrestling since 2011.

Yeah, she's clearly knows how to sell, but her offense is still very sloppy. Still, that's why they call it developmental.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Renaissance Spam posted:

Yeah, she's clearly knows how to sell, but her offense is still very sloppy. Still, that's why they call it developmental.

still miles better than the main divas besides natty/aj.

Emma loving rules so hard though. Does a tarantula and finisher is the mutalock? :getin:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Zyla posted:

still miles better than the main divas besides natty/aj.

Emma loving rules so hard though. Does a tarantula and finisher is the mutalock? :getin:

I want to see her just bust out Asian Mist once, just for the gently caress of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Watching that series with Emma training with Lance Storm, makes me amazed at how well she learned from him. She's amazing now from what she was then.

• Locked thread