Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Pope Mobile posted:

My Can-Am is safe!

Doesnt serve a very specific purpose, theory destroyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's for the specific purpose of not putting down your feet at stops.

Scooters attract plenty of unexperienced people, but they're rarely a poser ride outside of the odd trustfund hipster on a 60's vespa.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Slim Pickens posted:

Scooters attract plenty of unexperienced people, but they're rarely a poser ride outside of the odd trustfund hipster on a 60's vespa.

Every college student ever.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Both scooter and sport bike tryhards are the same because they view their vehicle as a fashion accessory first, extremely dangerous method of transportation second.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Speaking of fashion accessories, it's about time for me to put the nerdventure Ewan and Charlie panniers back on and maybe add a touch of hi-viz to my outfit so I look more like a responsible adult out there. The fuzz seems to like following me when I run naked.

No pictures or video on the page yet. I'll help!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Doesnt serve a very specific purpose, theory destroyed

Amputees and fat people.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
I love that nobody took the Indiana Bait.

Here, have a picture of one as a "reward".

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I can't help but wonder what was going on at Ducati with that bike... "Yamaha has this new one out - the 'Virago' ? We need a Virago too!"

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Kenny Rogers posted:

What the loving jesus is this abomination.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Another view on that bicycle crash:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av5nQba0I3o

Also, this is why it's a bad idea to hang out by the centerline:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRZfx7T6Fmg

Z3n fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 29, 2013

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Z3n posted:

Not only does he suck at riding, he's a dick too. He was riding so unnecessarily close to the other cyclists.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Z3n posted:

Is it just me or does he seem to speed up on that last corner. People do that because they want to look cool for the camera, right?

quote:

I feel like I should make a comment about the driver wearing a tracksuit.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

I think that guy summed up the video with the car pretty nicely,

"Holy poo poo!"

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Z3n posted:

drat the video has been removed.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Coredump posted:

drat the video has been removed.

You couldn't really see much, it was filmed from another bike behind the culprit and the wreck happened around the turn and more or less out of shot. It was getting negbombed pretty badly but I figure it was probably taken down because of pending legal action.

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007

Shimrod posted:

I think that guy summed up the video with the car pretty nicely,

"Holy poo poo!"

Just think what would have happened if his handlebars were at the same height as the car's mirror... The impact would have instantly put the bike at full right lock which probably means a highside

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

My loving day just turned lovely :smith:

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Stolen or advanced weight-shedding technology?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

clutchpuck posted:

Stolen or advanced weight-shedding technology?

So that's why it was slightly faster this morning! :unsmith:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Kenny Rogers posted:

I came too late, but I was going to quote just the Indiana and say "that bike does not have a reputation of being ridden by anyone".

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ElMaligno posted:

Is anything but the license plate gone? Pain in the rear end at the DMV, but at least your bike is still around and intact. And if you report it stolen, whoever uses it will get picked up pretty drat fast.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Sagebrush posted:

Is anything but the license plate gone? Pain in the rear end at the DMV, but at least your bike is still around and intact. And if you report it stolen, whoever uses it will get picked up pretty drat fast.

Actually it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be, I just went there, showed my registration and license, gave 7 bucks and walked away with a new plate and registration.

But since I hate posting in a picture thread without pictures have a proof that "You meet the nicest people on a Honda" is complete bullshit. :v:

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I dunno, those look like pretty chill dudes.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

ElMaligno posted:

But since I hate posting in a picture thread without pictures have a proof that "You meet the nicest people on a Honda" is complete bullshit. :v:

Just had a Don Draper moment. Honda should totally do an ad where a smiling cop is writing a ticket to a a laughing, shrugging dude on the latest CBR. "You meet the nicest people on a Honda". Kaboom. Home run. Drink booze. Get ladies.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Ola posted:

Just had a Don Draper moment. Honda should totally do an ad where a smiling cop is writing a ticket to a a laughing, shrugging dude on the latest CBR. "You meet the nicest people on a Honda". Kaboom. Home run. Drink booze. Get ladies.

Can we see the picture of the OLA sweater again, also you're the best.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

ElMaligno posted:

Actually it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be, I just went there, showed my registration and license, gave 7 bucks and walked away with a new plate and registration.

Looks like the local neighborhood watch going on a charity fun ride you bigot.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Some people take airsoft way too seriously.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

SaNChEzZ posted:

Can we see the picture of the OLA sweater again, also you're the best.

Thank you and thank you for asking and thank you for enabling the opportunity to attach it to SA's very posting service.

This sweater was knitted to me by some grandmother or aunt, bless whoever, and I poo poo you not, worn about my body during my attendance of a thing, road or whatever, opening between Norway and Sweden, which was photographed and published in a Swedish newspaper while I was being greeted by none other than King Olav, the people's king, perhaps the most beloved ruler of Norway. Upon seeing this sweater, the Swedish press desk immediately published a picture wherein I was referred to with a pun, my name being similar to a national stereotype, being knitted on my chest, being photographed along with the king, in a Sweden-Norway context.

I will try to locate said Swedish clipping. I only have access to a yellowed Norwegian one where I am alone in the frame and somewhat forlorn. But if anyone in the mean time wants to challenge my mother's statement, I will swiftly and with full determenation set up verbal, telephonic contact with said mother and hypothetical so-called challenger, no matter what his, hers or its location upon our fragile globe or within reasonable comms range may be, to let aforementioned mother hammer the point home, to you as she did to me.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I don't know which digital barrier barred me, but I think I am free now. Attach!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Ola posted:

Upon seeing this sweater, the Swedish press desk immediately published a picture wherein I was referred to with a pun, my name being similar to a national stereotype, being knitted on my chest, being photographed along with the king, in a Sweden-Norway context.

So essentially, your wordplay skills have been built by a combination of environment and innate need since birth.

It all makes so much sense now.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

ElMaligno posted:

That's happened to me 2 times, I ended up putting locking nuts on the screws and stripping the threads behind it.

Going to be a massive oval office to take off if anyone wants to.

obso
Jul 30, 2000
OBSOLUTELY

Pope Mobile posted:

My Can-Am is safe!

Unlike you if you need a quick getaway. "Comeon.. comeon.. let me press the goddamn mode button so I can start this POS!"

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Shimrod posted:

That's happened to me 2 times, I ended up putting locking nuts on the screws and stripping the threads behind it.

Going to be a massive oval office to take off if anyone wants to.

I just saw a guy today who had a bolt on one side and a carabiner through the other. Seemed like kind of a nifty solution.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

You can thank the PYF DeviantArt thread for these:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Sigh.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I linked those to my friend who rides.
He said "AWESOME!" :stare:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

At least I'm not the only one that's wondered what it would sound like to fart in a muffler..?

Also, Ola, I looked for hours earlier for clippings involving King Olav, and couldn't find you.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Haha jesus christ, are those by the same artist that does the anthro sexy-planes?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That engine is clearly not large enough to reflect an actual bandit 1200 :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

But the question is why, of all bikes, a loving Bandit. :psyduck:

Like of all bikes. All of the bikes out there.