Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pierson posted:

So is the EU release date for this the first or the third? PSN+Amazon say one while people here and some review sites are saying the other.

May 3 in UK and Ireland, today everywhere else.

In fact it's available now on PSN if you're outside UK and Ireland. Link to Australian store, log in to go to your region, or check the Vita store right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

This game's really something, I'm surprised this thread hasn't blown up since release (but maybe Vita's just that unpopular). The DLC spells are really nice early-game, especially the pitchfork and egg. I've also noticed that some of the spells have had their requirements changed for fusing (Poison Golem comes to mind), so if you're still in your demo game you may want to fuse things before transferring.

You can farm the Sortiara Jack-O-Lantern quest and the first 'Several Years Later' quest to make a bunch of Djinn Arrows, which I highly recommend since they do decent damage and you can aim for curse spots pretty well. They also make 'Infernal Hell' much easier to proc on bosses.

If anyone's got a better wiki link with quest progression and drops, it would be appreciated. Everything I've found is still all about the demo.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

I was aware of this game's existence, but I completely ignored it because it sounded unoriginal and needlessly gory to me. I tried the demo on a whim yesterday and I think I am convinced. Getting full version sometime today. Looking forward to online coop with this thread.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Yechezkel posted:

May 3 in UK and Ireland-
Alright well that explains it, drat.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Oh hey, I can now do burn amp and heat amp. I've never done this multiplayer harpy but I think she's weak to fire so this should wor...

:stare:

Also, adrenaline gunning:

I can't wait until I can efficiently farm Cerberus to get the 150% attack, 1 hp sigil. I will be the glassest of cannons.

(This game is kind of good)

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I've been playing this game nonstop and have barely touched multiplayer. So fun.

Anyone have any tips against Illecebra's archfiend form? I thought fighting the slime in the catacombs was frustrating, but holy poo poo. So many cheap attacks and trying to keep magusar alive makes it even rougher.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Atoramos posted:

This game's really something, I'm surprised this thread hasn't blown up since release (but maybe Vita's just that unpopular). The DLC spells are really nice early-game, especially the pitchfork and egg. I've also noticed that some of the spells have had their requirements changed for fusing (Poison Golem comes to mind), so if you're still in your demo game you may want to fuse things before transferring.

I started my download at midnight, then checked at 7 in the morning and it was 200/1800MB downloaded :v: my download speed is poo poo on release day PSN stuff. Hopefully by the time I get home it'll be done.

Also I'll be diving into the single player stuff and trying to figure the game out a bit more before playing online much. Excited to play it though, I really liked the demo.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Anthrovore posted:

Anyone have any tips against Illecebra's archfiend form? I thought fighting the slime in the catacombs was frustrating, but holy poo poo. So many cheap attacks and trying to keep magusar alive makes it even rougher.

Pack as many Lightning Tri-roots as possible, a shield, a reliable heal, and blood bullets. It is incredibly important to deal damage any way possible when she starts doing her charging rampage, because that is what makes her revert back to standing upright.

Make sure you keep your partner alive, since NPCs are always valuable as bait.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
So how is it that you figure out elemental weaknesses? Is it something granted to you in Minds Eye Mode?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You can read it on the monster bibliography when you tap on the red words in them.

Question. I have the demo and I want to download the full version, I need to keep the demo installed while I do this right?

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

I sacrificed an ally or two and they seem to have disappeared from my list. I don't remember who they were. Am I going to have to go through all of the pacts and save everyone to restore them?

...Can I restore them?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

The Flying Milton posted:

I sacrificed an ally or two and they seem to have disappeared from my list. I don't remember who they were. Am I going to have to go through all of the pacts and save everyone to restore them?

...Can I restore them?

You can restore dead allies using lacrima. Either that or go back and save some monsters, yeah.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I started my download at midnight, then checked at 7 in the morning and it was 200/1800MB downloaded :v: my download speed is poo poo on release day PSN stuff. Hopefully by the time I get home it'll be done.
I can't even get my DL to start this morning. I'm sure that will change when the servers are less busy being sacrificed.

quote:

So how is it that you figure out elemental weaknesses? Is it something granted to you in Minds Eye Mode?
There are a number of beginner guides on the internet, probably because the Japanese version has been out for a while.
According to one of them:
Heat beats Venom
Frost beats Heat
Volt beats Frost
Stone beats Volt
Venom beats Stone

edit: May 1st has been associated traditionally with human sacrifice. Good timing for this!

Portable Staplefrog fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 1, 2013

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Also I'll be diving into the single player stuff and trying to figure the game out a bit more before playing online much. Excited to play it though, I really liked the demo.

I started my download this morning when I woke up (about 17 hours ago) and I'm only at 1267/1752mb. It says I still have 300+ minutes left and I haven't even started the download for the 500+mb Japanese VO pack yet.
:negative:

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.

ihatepants posted:

I started my download this morning when I woke up (about 17 hours ago) and I'm only at 1267/1752mb. It says I still have 300+ minutes left and I haven't even started the download for the 500+mb Japanese VO pack yet.
:negative:

It irritates me how seemingly poor the wifi support on Sony devices is. My PS3 and Vita both get horrible speeds on wireless connections. I connected an old wireless bridge to the wired port on my PS3 and connected it to my network, and went from getting ~100KB/s to 1.5MB/s. I basically don't download things on my Vita that are more than 10MB, and opt to get them via the PS3 and transferring over USB. Just a lot faster that way.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

G-Prime posted:

It irritates me how seemingly poor the wifi support on Sony devices is. My PS3 and Vita both get horrible speeds on wireless connections. I connected an old wireless bridge to the wired port on my PS3 and connected it to my network, and went from getting ~100KB/s to 1.5MB/s. I basically don't download things on my Vita that are more than 10MB, and opt to get them via the PS3 and transferring over USB. Just a lot faster that way.

I don't understand this, actually. I routinely get 1.5MB - 2MB/s on my Vita wireless download at home (I got the SS and the Language Pack in under 30 minutes), and even the wireless connection in the hotels I've been in have been at least a serviceable speed.

For the game, itself, it definitely looks like they retooled how spells are awarded in the full game. In the demo, there was a chance you could get the third spell on the swag list with a First-Rate Sorcerer rating, but so far, it looks like you need at least Legendary to get more than one copy of the second spell on the list in the full game.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

For the game, itself, it definitely looks like they retooled how spells are awarded in the full game. In the demo, there was a chance you could get the third spell on the swag list with a First-Rate Sorcerer rating, but so far, it looks like you need at least Legendary to get more than one copy of the second spell on the list in the full game.

This is most likely because it's now fairly easy to land the Divine rating.

It's too bad you don't get extra copies of the third spell though, it would make farming certain things so much easier.

Everybody please join the IRC and play online, it's boring up here at level 50 with nobody to do the later Avalon Pacts with. :(

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

AlternateNu posted:

I don't understand this, actually. I routinely get 1.5MB - 2MB/s on my Vita wireless download at home (I got the SS and the Language Pack in under 30 minutes), and even the wireless connection in the hotels I've been in have been at least a serviceable speed.

I'm not sure what the issue is with the Vita downloading from the PSN, but I can get upwards of 6MB/sec on my connection and for some reason the Vita seems to limit out at about 1MB at best. I ended up just using my PS3 to download it and it was getting full speed, but then it took upwards of 10 minutes just to transfer it over USB. I'm willing to bet that Sony will have figured this out by the time the PS4 comes around, but god drat, what a hassle it can be.

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004
So is this game worth it for solo-play only? I have no interest in coop or online play, but would be interested in the single player element. Worth it or is the meat of this game really multiplayer only?

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

Bonobos posted:

So is this game worth it for solo-play only? I have no interest in coop or online play, but would be interested in the single player element. Worth it or is the meat of this game really multiplayer only?

It would seem to me that the meat of the game is single-player.

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

dvorak posted:

It would seem to me that the meat of the game is single-player.

Beautiful, I will pick it up later tonight. Hopefully the codes are preorder codes are still available.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Please do not be fooled.

While there is a large single-player component to the game, this game was almost certainly developed for playing with other people in mind. There are several categories of spells that simply do not work without coordination from other people, at least two Black Rites specifically dedicated to it, and spells that literally require multiple people to trigger.

The problem is, at least early on like this, most people don't particularly understand the game too well and thus it makes playing in PUGs much more challenging than it needs to be.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

There's quite a lot of single player content, and you can do the multiplayer missions with NPCs you've saved as well. That being said, this style of game in general (and this one in particular) are a blast to play with a few friends/acquaintances/random strangers, and sort of designed with that in mind.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
If you want to add PlainZombie on PSN, I picked this up yesterday after trying the demo. Finished the prologue stuff and barely scratched the surface. I'll probably be down for MP somewhere down the line for sure.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Soul Sacrifice Get. Been playing some with another friend but looking for some goons to hit up today.

Talk-c on PSN. ( it has a dash )

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Has anyone found any particularly useful NPC allies? I've kind of been saving more bosses than I actually want to because I don't want to miss out on potentially useful ones, and I'd like to just pick up a handful I can use throughout the game and just sacrifice to my heart's content.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You can read it on the monster bibliography when you tap on the red words in them.

Question. I have the demo and I want to download the full version, I need to keep the demo installed while I do this right?

Yes if you want to import your data.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.
I feel like PSN hosed me over here. I input the code for the Online Pass, the store says I own the drat pass, but I can't download it. I mean, the game is fun enough by myself, but I kinda wish that I could play online.

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

I just picked up the full game. I've been playing the demo for a few days and I played pretty much full-sacrifice during the demo and wanted my full character to be divine but it sounds like divine isn't really a viable way to play from what is being said here and on other boards. Is there any point in me trying to min-max a divine character or should I just go for Neutral or Dark?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just had the game crash on me, lucky it saves so often but still :ohdear:

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

RedRupee posted:

I just picked up the full game. I've been playing the demo for a few days and I played pretty much full-sacrifice during the demo and wanted my full character to be divine but it sounds like divine isn't really a viable way to play from what is being said here and on other boards. Is there any point in me trying to min-max a divine character or should I just go for Neutral or Dark?

I've been going full divine so far and haven't had any trouble. I'm aiming for a blood-based build, so my damage should shoot up once I can use the divine blood sigil. In the mean time, high attack spells like explosives and summons are doing just fine.

Hunts may be slower, but there really isn't much risk of dying when one heal seed M is healing like a third of my life bar.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

RedRupee posted:

Depends. Do you intend to play multiplayer? Because Divine characters are pretty drat useful when every other random gently caress is going full Dark and exploding as soon as a archfiend looks at them wrong.

In SP you'll just take longer to kill stuff, but it's not much of an issue at all.

DoktorSandvich
May 15, 2011

Tricky posted:

I've been going full divine so far and haven't had any trouble. I'm aiming for a blood-based build, so my damage should shoot up once I can use the divine blood sigil. In the mean time, high attack spells like explosives and summons are doing just fine.

Hunts may be slower, but there really isn't much risk of dying when one heal seed M is healing like a third of my life bar.

Where/who do you kill to get the divine blood sigil? I'd love to grab it, and where can you grab more blood magic offerings?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

DoktorSandvich posted:

Where/who do you kill to get the divine blood sigil? I'd love to grab it, and where can you grab more blood magic offerings?

Divine blood shows up after you use blood magic a bunch (might also require a minimum divine arm level), but it requires Jack, Harpy, and Cerberus LE+. As for blood magic, the only additional ones I've seen mentioned come from the final boss.

lorekoo
Oct 27, 2007
Anyone else having issues with the pre-order DLC? The peddler isn't showing anything to redeem. I've got a pre-order entitlement on my download list, but can't actually download it to my Vita or transfer it from my PS3.

Beebo
Aug 15, 2006

Shake!

JetGrind posted:

I feel like PSN hosed me over here. I input the code for the Online Pass, the store says I own the drat pass, but I can't download it. I mean, the game is fun enough by myself, but I kinda wish that I could play online.

Lord Beardyneck posted:

Anyone else having issues with the pre-order DLC? The peddler isn't showing anything to redeem. I've got a pre-order entitlement on my download list, but can't actually download it to my Vita or transfer it from my PS3.

I have the same problem. I preordered the game and queued it to download along with the dlc, but the dlc is nowhere to be found and furthermore the game says I need to buy an online pass, which has to be some kind of error. Now PSN says that I can't download the "Soul Sacrafice Pre Order Entitlement" to my vita, so I'm mildly annoyed right now to say the least.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

I've learned that sacrificing my demo for space was not the best idea. Unless it was never supposed to carry over to the full version. Either way, I wasn't very far anyway and the Ordeal was much easier the second time. I imagine being not drunk was just as helpful as already knowing the basic mechanics.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

The Npc characters are terrible, like even most bad players know enough to not try to revive you when you're under a boss.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Portable Staplefrog posted:

I've learned that sacrificing my demo for space was not the best idea. Unless it was never supposed to carry over to the full version.

In case anyone else was wondering, you need to launch the full game and let it import the demo save before you delete the demo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
At what point does it ask for Online Pass? I put the code in as well and there didn't seem to be a download for it, but I could query the online and pull down my DLC costumes. It's not only when you actually try to play with other people is it? I'm now a little :ohdear:

• Locked thread