Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

Xovaan posted:

But the question is why, of all bikes, a loving Bandit. :psyduck:

Like of all bikes. All of the bikes out there.

Rule 34... I'm certain that's part of a series. I'll bet there's a honda 50, a RV90, and a FZR in the bunch. I refuse to go looking for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Xovaan posted:

But the question is why, of all bikes, a loving Bandit. :psyduck:

Like of all bikes. All of the bikes out there.

It's like that overlooked girl next door who...

christ I dunno

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The 600 is that fat chick who's a bit clumsy but very forgiving, and she's easy as all hell.

The 1200 is her big sister who's also a weight lifter.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

SaNChEzZ posted:

Also, Ola, I looked for hours earlier for clippings involving King Olav, and couldn't find you.

Oh no I'm going to have to ask my parents to scan it. :(

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nerobro posted:

Rule 34... I'm certain that's part of a series. I'll bet there's a honda 50, a RV90, and a FZR in the bunch. I refuse to go looking for it.

Would order a poster sized one of the RV90 :magical:

Slavvy posted:

That engine is clearly not large enough to reflect an actual bandit 1200 :colbert:

I was gonna say the same thing. Whoever drew that absolutely nailed the clear blinkers that Suzuki puts on those, but couldnt get the engine right

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Would order a poster sized one of the RV90 :magical:

I have a VERY large format printer at my disposal. This is requiring great restraint to not do the search, then produce such poster.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Saw a Wing F6B for the first time yesterday. I have to say, I'm still not exactly sure what they're going after with it. :what:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They're going after the guy who wants this:

But wants to save 5 grand and doesn't get misty-eyed about keeping American industry alive.

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie
Pretty much yeah. The Valkyrie 1500 was a pretty hot ticket, but when they bumped the Wing to the 1800 the resulting Valkyrie Rune was a hugely expensive abomination of a bike.

They also haven't made a big cruiser for the last few years. No more VTX1300, VTX1800, Shadow 1100... nothing. In the meantime Yamaha's V-Star line has stepped in and eaten that marketshare alive.

Honda's new strategy seems to forget the mid-size and focus on beginner/commuter friendly bikes like their new CTX700, and leave the hot selling Wing to be the only option at the high end. Rather than the Valk as the naked wing, they appear to be middle grounding it by making a full tour vs big bagger be a simple trim level.

Their only mid-size offerings are the factory chopper looking crap of the Fury line. Which I've never seen anywhere outside a Honda show floor. I don't think they're selling very well and I'm not sure they'll be around much longer either.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nerobro posted:

I have a VERY large format printer at my disposal. This is requiring great restraint to not do the search, then produce such poster.

DO IT

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Nerobro posted:

Here's the link to PYF. The guy who found them didn't rehost, so maybe that will cut down on the amount of searching you have to do.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I still think the Rune is one of the best looking cruisers ever made. Looks like post modern locomotive.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Halo_4am posted:

Their only mid-size offerings are the factory chopper looking crap of the Fury line. Which I've never seen anywhere outside a Honda show floor. I don't think they're selling very well and I'm not sure they'll be around much longer either.

I don't really get the Fury either. Actually none of their 1300cc cruisers are particularly good looking, and IMO that's an important characteristic for that kind of bike to have. The ugly, obvious, contrasting-color gaskets on the engines absolutely kill the appearance. And all the plastic makes them look like really big kids' toys.

I am pretty sure many of Honda's bikes are powered by laurels, like their cars these days.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Z3n posted:

I still think the Rune is one of the best looking cruisers ever made. Looks like post modern locomotive.

I dig it too, it looks like something art deco bruce wayne would ride (in black, of course)

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

ADINSX posted:

I dig it too, it looks like something art deco bruce wayne would ride (in black, of course)

But does it have a computer-controlled carburetor?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Slim Pickens posted:

They're going after the guy who wants this:

But wants to save 5 grand and doesn't get misty-eyed about keeping American industry alive.

It's $5K cheaper than that? Holy poo poo, I had no idea.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

KozmoNaut posted:

But does it have a computer-controlled carburetor?

That bullet-proof windguard looks like it would just deflect the bullet into his face.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I like the metallic blue Rune best.
The only time I've ever seen one was at a bike show, and just sitting on it felt like excess. I really don't think anything before or since comes close to just what that bike was.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Frankston posted:

That bullet-proof windguard looks like it would just deflect the bullet into his face.

This was my hell with bugs when I ran a fairing on my Vstar. I'd get a split second warning by hearing it hit the fairing and feeling it through the bars before my visor or face got splashed with bug guts.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
I wouldn't wear it because it's not full face but it does look awesome.

http://bikerscafeblog.com/gpa-kamikaze-helmet/#more-32612

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

GRADE

POINT

AVERAGE

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Deeters posted:

You can thank the PYF DeviantArt thread for these:

Thank you for this for I can post picture about the hottest anime girls in the hottest of bike, but first some Kamen Rider.

gently caress YES

HELL YES

Wanna wear a scarf while riding my bike now. Where was I? Oh yeah anime girls on bikes!~

These are not actual girls but more like aliens on the Super Cub trying to be all tactical and poo poo.

These ones have normal porportions and look human (except for the blue hair). Sadly their side-car rig was welded by Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester :(

A friendly reminder that you should not drive white intoxicated or while the back of your bike is melting.

These are clearly not Hayabusa but Suzume (sparrow) its all a stupid loving pun the the first stupid loving character (she is a sparrow guys!). Also those loving faeries are squid as gently caress.

A sensible shrine maiden in a sensible bosozoku bike.

A stupid lady in a stupid bike with stupid tires and oversized speedometers and tachometers. Also she stole Alucard's coat.

:psyboom:

The cutest little V-Max that spews :3: little ghosties. :kimchi:

:cripes:

And with this I say GOOD NIGHT! I regret nothing~

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

I knew immediately what the melting bike was. Oh man is that gruesome rendering.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ban for anime

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
:nws:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ83_VwaUVM

Oh baby, my kickstand is up

Synonamess Botch fucked around with this message at 11:40 on May 2, 2013

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

slidebite posted:

Saw a Wing F6B for the first time yesterday. I have to say, I'm still not exactly sure what they're going after with it. :what:

It looks sweet :confused:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Yeah once someone swaps the fairing and gets rid of those ridiculous mirrors. I think they borrowed them from a civic.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Schlieren posted:

It looks sweet :confused:

I agree.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Not sure if this should go here or the gear thread:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/1192456...h_type=handmade

(not spamming, just showing were it was from.)

zapateria
Feb 16, 2003
Semi-related reminder that wearing a helmet is not enough, you have to use the chin strap too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dnGR6zOZS0

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

BMW F800GSA announced

quote:

- Larger 24 litre fuel tank (+ 8 litres) should boost the range approximately 120km/75 Miles. Interestingly the tank still resides under the seat keeping the centre of mass low.
- New aggressive bodywork along with hand protectors offers improved rider protection from the elements.
- ABS and ASC (when selected as an option) now offer an Enduro mode that allows a certain amount of wheel slip for extreme off-road riding.
- Reinforced rear sub-frame.
- Off-Road tyres.
- Wider more comfortable seat.
- Large windscreen.
- LED auxiliary headlight as standard.
- Wide off-road foot pegs.
- Adjustable, reinforced rear brake pedal.
- Engine protection bar.
- Pannier racks also serve as tank protection bar.
- Comfort package as standard with: heated grips, pannier mounts, centre stand.
- Two colours on offer: Sandrover Matt or Racing Red. You choose!

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

I don't know what that gay elf girl poo poo is, this is all you needed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixAHUWgBKsw

Ok that's enough anime

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

theperminator posted:

BMW F800GSA announced

I initially read that as "will boost the range to 75 miles" and was wondering how 6+ gallons can't even get you to 100.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

This is..... :psyduck:.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

KARMA! posted:

This is..... :dukedog:.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I'd like to think that anime haristyles are just copying these guys.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

What. The. poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Shimrod posted:

What. The. poo poo.