Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Once a oval office, always a oval office...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47hzr8bfz-8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrero!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4H5iLpxW9g

Not sure if anyone's posted this video of Lewandowski pranking Reus yet, apologies if so.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

He's kinda adorable tbh

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Blue Screen Error posted:

Big Iwan Roberts is also a fluent Welsh speaker and did Welsh punditry for a while how dare you forget him atomic gog

Oh yeah, forgot about him. Sorry, Big Iwan!

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I loving love little Phillipe :3:

Intelligibility
Apr 8, 2011

Get shovel!

Don Jupp :smug::respek::chord: Me

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

EvilHawk posted:

I loving love little Phillipe :3:

vickser
Dec 27, 2012

Outside of that Steaua Bucharest guy from the late 80s, Guardiola, and maybe Miguel Muñoz, who compares favorably to this?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

vickser posted:

Outside of that Steaua Bucharest guy from the late 80s, Guardiola, and maybe Miguel Muñoz, who compares favorably to this?

Conte's stint at Juve has to be close.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

vickser posted:

Give Sam Allardyce a shot at Madrid and he could do it NP

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

vickser posted:

Mourinho is at 75%win for Madrid

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Gigi Galli posted:

Conte's stint at Juve has to be close.

Too many draws, Conte is at 64% right now http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Conte#Career_statistics

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Neil Lennon is close if you leave out Europe haha

vickser
Dec 27, 2012

Hegav posted:

Mourinho is at 75%win for Madrid

Jesus, that's better than Guardiola's and yet he's got dick to show for it.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

vickser posted:

Jesus, that's better than Guardiola's and yet he's got dick to show for it.

He did win La Liga you know

vickser
Dec 27, 2012

tbp posted:

He did win La Liga you know

"The Chosen One" with a team unsurpassed for talent against a waning Barcelona and he won what, three trophies? He's not chopped liver but we all expected more.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

vickser posted:

"The Chosen One" with a team unsurpassed for talent against a waning Barcelona and he won what, three trophies? He's not chopped liver but we all expected more.

You know, Arsenal supporters would literally kill for three trophies

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

vickser posted:

He made the mistake of waiting until the twilight years of la liga to take a tilt at winning the CL with them.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

vickser posted:

This is a bit of revisionism.

Byolante posted:

He made the mistake of waiting until the twilight years of la liga to take a tilt at winning the CL with them.

I'm assuming you're kidding a bit, but it's really stupid, IMO, to starkly try and separate things into distinct eras like this, especially based off of two games.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Mourinho was hired to win the champions league, he failed, now he's going to gently caress off to Chelsea.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

El Hefe posted:

Mourinho was hired to win the champions league, he failed, now he's going to gently caress off to Chelsea.
This is the way I read it too. He was pretty much universally considered the best manager in the world when he went to Madrid. He's still probably considered the best, but I think the aura surrounding him isn't so strong any more.

vickser
Dec 27, 2012

El Hefe posted:

Every Madrid manager is hired for this reason but it seemed as though la décima had already been won when Pellegrini signed Mou. All the pieces were in order and they're still second fiddle to Bartha

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Ha, I forgot about how many times Juve scraped a draw last season or gave up an idiotic goal to end in one.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

vickser posted:

Martin O'Neill at Celtic was in excess of 75% wins.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Semprini posted:

Martin O'Neill at Celtic was in excess of 75% wins.

Yeah, but the SPL isn't exactly the most competitive is it?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Vagabundo posted:

Yeah, but the SPL isn't exactly the most competitive is it?

Neither's La Liga if we're honest.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Hoops posted:

This is the way I read it too. He was pretty much universally considered the best manager in the world when he went to Madrid. He's still probably considered the best, but I think the aura surrounding him isn't so strong any more.
Fergie's unfortunately a better manager IMO.

Scienide
Sep 29, 2006

Gunplay...

Hoops posted:

I think the eye-gouging and the Ronaldo incident have erroded his aura. Still, I'll be happy to see him back in the EPL.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Last day of the standing kop 1994

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Lost to Norwich, if I remember correctly :(

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

c0burn posted:

They really need to bring back those uncomfortable vinyl flat caps imo.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

c0burn posted:

Look at all that denim.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

quote:

Van Bommel's contract expires after this year and he is thinking about quitting football.
The PSV fans show their support and through the whole game they sang.
But after he got substituted the whole stadium stood up and massively sang for Van Bommel.
For almost 20 minutes the singing went on, and the emotion on Van Bommel's face is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCouhpltXhE

I loving loved van Bommel at Bayern, great job from the PSV supporters!

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Adulterous Hitler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCouhpltXhE

I loving loved van Bommel at Bayern, great job from the PSV supporters!

Man, I'd love to see him back at Bayern in some shape or form.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

c0burn posted:

Maybe Maggie Thatcher had it right after all...

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Shrapnac posted:

Maybe Maggie Thatcher had it right after all...

"it" being?

s0meb0dy0
Feb 27, 2004

The death of a child is always a tragedy, but let's put this in perspective, shall we? I mean they WERE palestinian.

vickser posted:

Waning Barcelona? Hah! Barca is still in the CL, Madrid? Already knocked out.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

s0meb0dy0 posted:

Waning Barcelona? Hah! Barca is still in the CL, Madrid? Already knocked out.

Congratulations, you are 24 hours better than Madrid in getting embarrassed & knocked out of the semi finals of the Champions league.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

T. Finninho posted:

Congratulations, you are 24 hours better than Madrid in getting embarrassed & knocked out of the semi finals of the Champions league.

Do you know who else doesn't get jokes? GOM. GOM doesn't get jokes. You may draw your own conclusions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Do you know who else doesn't get jokes? GOM. GOM doesn't get jokes. You may draw your own conclusions.

Consider the source please

• Locked thread