Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I actually don't mind the fins unis APART from the font, some neo sans poo poo going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Aniki posted:

They do have a purple on purple combo. I'm probably the only person who like those, but only for very occasional use. Also, it looks the negative space between the numbers can either be a longship or the bow of a ship depending on the numbers. I guess the sleeve design is more of a sail than the serif on the leading number. It can also look like a whale tail. I guess the designer wanted to play with pareidoliaor something.

I'll have to reserve judgement until I see them wearing it because the purple pants do not bother me nearly as much as I thought after seeing Greenway in them. I've never really been a fan of solid color helmet-jersey-pant combos.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

White/white Dolphins uniforms have always been the best uniforms and these new ones are fitting to that legacy.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The Dolphins font looks like it should be read by Adam Jensen

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

When did they start putting pads on butts?

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Volkerball posted:

When did they start putting pads on butts?

Tailbone pads have always been a thing. I think a lot of NFL guys opt to not wear them because they look stupid.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Surprised these haven't been posted yet

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

:allears:

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

cocaine-addled fogey says "everything will be fine, just be cool, man"

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Dan is so loving cool

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Except for the grey hair, Griese looks like he could still play.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Bob Griese :allears:.

I hope he's doing okay. My dad ran into him in airport and he said he felt he was a little out of it. :smith:.

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

quote:

why hasn't anyone learned not to pair same-colored pants and socks together

why

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
The all whites are so much better than the white jersey/blue pants combo. I like the jerseys overall. The new logo kinda rules

I'm not feeling the stripe on the helmet the more I look at it. It's too thick or something

schweens fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Apr 29, 2013

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Love the all-whites, don't care for the white with teal pants.

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

TheBizzness posted:

Surprised these haven't been posted yet

These are really, really bad. The more I see of them the more I hate them.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
Don't forget that they have a tramp stamp on the back of the pants, but that's actually pretty fitting for Miami.

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

ladies i will fill up your grode jar

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Nice gut, Dan

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

They look like they're made of Play-doh

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Gendo posted:

I dont mind the all whites, but every other combination is atrocious. The blue is too... pastel-ish? I hate them.

edit: I'm REALLY missing the orange. Its absence is probably what makes me despise these so much.

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

Schwack posted:

I dont mind the all whites, but every other combination is atrocious. The blue is too... pastel-ish? I hate them.

There's really just not enough orange.

Borsche
Jun 6, 2011

by T. Finninho

Gendo posted:

Hahah what? They're perfectly fine.

Borsche
Jun 6, 2011

by T. Finninho
I don't really care for the teal pants myself but, like, the uniform itself is pretty much fine. It's not like Bills mid-2000s era jerseys.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
Is it worth getting the Nike limited jerseys over their game jerseys? I don't want to order a Chinese knockoff.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Aniki posted:

Is it worth getting the Nike limited jerseys over their game jerseys? I don't want to order a Chinese knockoff.
Haven't seen either...but feature wise the big thing is stitched on/embroidered stuff (numbers, name, patches, etc) vs screen printed on. According to this video (Seahawks comparison) pretty much everything else is the same other than flywire. I remember some people saying the fit is weird on the Game ones, and I guess that applies to the Limited ones too. Nike's comparison page lists some other stuff but I don't know how noticeable that stuff is, or how it works with teams like the Raiders which didn't really change uniforms at all.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

japtor posted:

Haven't seen either...but feature wise the big thing is stitched on/embroidered stuff (numbers, name, patches, etc) vs screen printed on. According to this video (Seahawks comparison) pretty much everything else is the same other than flywire. I remember some people saying the fit is weird on the Game ones, and I guess that applies to the Limited ones too. Nike's comparison page lists some other stuff but I don't know how noticeable that stuff is, or how it works with teams like the Raiders which didn't really change uniforms at all.

I tried some Nike jerseys on the other day and I did notice that the shoulders fit tight and that I'd probably need to go up a size because of that. I didn't look at any of the other details though, since they obviously didn't have the new Vikings jersey yet. I guess the details shouldn't matter too much as long as the game jerseys don't look cheap or have issues with the numbers peeling/fading.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Those white pants are a bit too translucent. I could do without seeing a players business.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

The two color trim on the numbers is ugly. Needs more orange.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
When I think of the ONLY things for the accent color to affect in an effective logo I thing manufacturer's logo, 1mm wide number trim and trampstamp. Great Job Miami.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

jordjevic posted:

why hasn't anyone learned not to pair same-colored pants and socks together

why

Just saw these new pics and it reminded me of your question. You can see here on the right that they actually turned the socks into a weird Dolphins Neapolitan thing.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
They ain't got a broom at this photo shoot??

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Ehud posted:

Just saw these new pics and it reminded me of your question. You can see here on the right that they actually turned the socks into a weird Dolphins Neapolitan thing.

I like the socks on the right :)

Rap posted:

They ain't got a broom at this photo shoot??

This though. For real. I thought it was just stuff on my screen.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Ehud posted:

Something about those white pants really emphasizes one's junk

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I couldn't find a memorabilia thread, but if I wanted a signed RG3 jersey what's the best way to get one beyond buying my own and having him sign it in person?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I couldn't find a memorabilia thread, but if I wanted a signed RG3 jersey what's the best way to get one beyond buying my own and having him sign it in person?

Forgery!

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

It's really weird because I hate the color orange, but yeah, the Dolphins uniforms are missing it in a major way. The font is terrible and uninspired as well.

Also, the tramp stamp is dumb, but college basketball and football uniforms have been doing that for a few seasons now, so I'm used to it.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

RumbleFish posted:

It's really weird because I hate the color orange,

It's like every opinion you have is awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Right now getting it signed in person is your best bet, the ones I'm seeing out there on sites are authenticated by JSA, which if you do a search on them you'll find that in the past they've authenticated autographs of players that died before the card even came out, and $500 is a lot to waste on what could end up being a non-authentic item.

• Locked thread