Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

This is the secondary vanarchy where you guys have done this, right?

Kind of funny that they think they can vote you out. They can only vote someone in, not out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Argas posted:

This is the secondary vanarchy where you guys have done this, right?

Kind of funny that they think they can vote you out. They can only vote someone in, not out.

I'm pretty sure we've won every single vanarchy. This time we didn't even have allies because for some reason people really like us and keep voting for us.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
For the most part it seems to me like the only differentiation between most guilds on Tera is whether you're pro-:3: or Elin or not, or something like that. I know I certainly have a tough time deciding (or rather, caring about deciding) the guilds to pick for the Shara continents.

DGKK stands out in the one thing people know they're going to do, and I think it's as simple as that.

LOLbox
Oct 13, 2007

FUCK BOATSHOES
Started playing on EU and should have taken the OP more seriously...

So now I've downloaded NA client and made a Slayer on MT and applied to the guild. Having fun so far!

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Hey, so I could've sworn that in the older thread there was something about when to get new weapons. I don't want to spend money on a weapon only to get a good weapon from a quest,... does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Also, I don't play too often but I feel kinda lonely in game; is there room in DGKK for a lowbie that's only on once in a while? If so, I have a Slayer named "Tussin" that really wants to touch swords with you guys.

Edit: Also, how the hell does everyone manage all the buttons for their attacks?

BambooEarpick fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 27, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I bind 1-6, f1-f6, q-u without w, ctrl-q - ctrl-y.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
In as Tannerschan.

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp
Did they ever fix heart thrust?

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

rainy day posted:

The problem where about a quarter of the time it somehow misses targets that are very close to you? That still happens, and when it doesn't miss it's a pretty loving awesome skill.

I'm really looking forward to having time to do more than just gently caress around with this game on weekends. I was really excited when it launched and I loved it but all of my friends quit playing, so I haven't gotten past level 42 until just recently.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

rainy day posted:

No but I can count the times I miss heart thrust in PVE on one hand.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

KaneTW posted:

I can't. :smith:

Mostly because my other skills are on cool-down and I want a quick access to Overhand strike anyway.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

What's more infuriating is that some skills seem to miss randomly for me.

Uh hello there overhand strike why the gently caress did you just miss on Manaya aaaa.

Also, Heart Thrust is much much much better than overhand strike and you should spend the extra second to make it hit instead of just using it as a chain.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

KaneTW posted:

This is per fight right?

I found Heart Strike won't hit for me if the enemies are knocked down or as close to me as I usually am in melee, but it's great when it does land. Of course, sometimes it just misses if it feels like it.

KaneTW, what race is your Slayer? Mine's human male and i'm wondering if there's some height factor or whatever, or reach maybe.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

KaneTW posted:

Also, Heart Thrust is much much much better than overhand strike and you should spend the extra second to make it hit instead of just using it as a chain.

Damage-wise, I agree, but I'm using overhand strike as a proto-healer.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Thievery posted:

This is per fight right?

I found Heart Strike won't hit for me if the enemies are knocked down or as close to me as I usually am in melee, but it's great when it does land. Of course, sometimes it just misses if it feels like it.

KaneTW, what race is your Slayer? Mine's human male and i'm wondering if there's some height factor or whatever, or reach maybe.

Aman Female and no, per month or something. Then again all I do is run MCHM 90% of the time. Knocked down enemies can be annoying but mostly because I push HT -> they get knocked down and move to the side -> HT misses. But that's not what you mean.

^^ oh ok I don't even use the 3% glyph except when I solo BAMs and remember to switch glyphs which is never.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

So Bluehole is working on implementing the best goddamn costumes ever:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Popori pimpcoat? Yes please.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

KaneTW posted:

^^ oh ok I don't even use the 3% glyph except when I solo BAMs and remember to switch glyphs which is never.

And why would you, unless you had some really terrible glyphs on? :v:

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
This post is for the slayers. I am just about to turn 30 and my buttons are full up. my F1-12 row is way high on my keyboard so I don't like to put skills I'll be using often up there; stuff like mount or potions take up some of those slots. What combat abilities should I just not care about? That ranged attack seems like it's pretty lovely. What skills do you use and where do you put them?

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

BambooEarpick posted:

This post is for the slayers. I am just about to turn 30 and my buttons are full up. my F1-12 row is way high on my keyboard so I don't like to put skills I'll be using often up there; stuff like mount or potions take up some of those slots. What combat abilities should I just not care about? That ranged attack seems like it's pretty lovely. What skills do you use and where do you put them?

Are you putting chained skills on your keyboard? I don't bother and simply use spacebar, and I've got at least 6 keys free left at 38.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

BambooEarpick posted:

Just bind 1-6, f1-f6, q-u without w, ctrl-q to ctrl-y. You need most of those skills. There's one attack you can live without in PVE and it's only available around 48 or 52 so.

Mordaedil posted:

And why would you, unless you had some really terrible glyphs on? :v:

Having 3% HP restoration is kind of nice when you want to save potions but that's about it. I usually have 8 points I can switch around for PVE which are used for Headlong Rush Cooldown/Backflip attack speed during Queen phase 2 but that are not of much use anywhere else.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

KaneTW posted:

Just bind 1-6, f1-f6, q-u without w, ctrl-q to ctrl-y. You need most of those skills. There's one attack you can live without in PVE and it's only available around 48 or 52 so.

I might be retarded but how do you bind to keys that aren't 1-0 or f1-12? Also, while we're on that topic, is it possible to bind something like shift+1 to be an ability?

Edit: VVVVV
Thanks, I'll check that out next time I'm on. I've tried pressing "keybindings" or whatever and it showed me a picture of a keyboard. That was not so helpful.

BambooEarpick fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Apr 29, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Options -> Shortcuts has nearly every keybinding except the chaining shortcut, and that one is bound in the Skills menu -> Chained Skills (or something like that)

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...

KaneTW posted:

So Bluehole is working on implementing the best goddamn costumes ever:

Where the hell are the large chested high elfs? No one cares about the flat chested high elfs.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Seemenaked posted:

Where the hell are the large chested high elfs? No one cares about the flat chested high elfs.

All elves are created equal. :colbert:

And female.

John Q. Sixpublic
Oct 8, 2008
I decided to start this up since my semester is over. I'd like some advice on what class to play and if there are goons to play with to help me level. I tried out the Lancer and Slayer classes. I like the sword's sweeping hits and the flexible dodge, but the lance class feels sturdier, despite having slower more focused attacks.

Is the OP correct with Mount Tyrannas having the goon guild? If I show up with a new character is there someone to play with while leveling? What times and days do people usually play?

Thanks in advance.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Both classes are good, all classes are really and there are people on through different times of the day but there is always a good base amount of players on. I've got a Mystic I want to level up so I can always group up with you once you hit Lv.14 or so. :)

Linstar
Apr 21, 2010

John Q. Sixpublic posted:

I decided to start this up since my semester is over. I'd like some advice on what class to play and if there are goons to play with to help me level. I tried out the Lancer and Slayer classes. I like the sword's sweeping hits and the flexible dodge, but the lance class feels sturdier, despite having slower more focused attacks.

Is the OP correct with Mount Tyrannas having the goon guild? If I show up with a new character is there someone to play with while leveling? What times and days do people usually play?

Thanks in advance.

I just started yesterday and am level 24 or so. If you catch up it would be nice to have someone to knock out group quests with.

John Q. Sixpublic
Oct 8, 2008
I created a character named Nyambles and applied to the guild. Got to level 11 and arrived in the first city after the tutorial island. I haven't played beyond this point so I would appreciate someone to show me the ropes.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Welp, just applied to the guild, IGN: Tussin

I am objectively bad and could use everyone's advice and also I've not done any dungeons because I'm too afraid of human interaction.
Please love me.

Edit: KaneTW, thanks for the heads up on the key bindings. I think I'm going to set 1-6 and shift+1-6 as well as the first few function keys.
Edit 2: If I should be applying to some kind of sub-guild that's ok with me too. I'm not on all the time and I don't take this game super serious so I don't need to be on the A-team.

BambooEarpick fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Apr 30, 2013

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Is it just me or are early dungeon fights kind of crappy? Just did SM on sorc and it was really boring.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

BambooEarpick posted:

Welp, just applied to the guild, IGN: Tussin

I am objectively bad and could use everyone's advice and also I've not done any dungeons because I'm too afraid of human interaction.
Please love me.

Edit: KaneTW, thanks for the heads up on the key bindings. I think I'm going to set 1-6 and shift+1-6 as well as the first few function keys.
Edit 2: If I should be applying to some kind of sub-guild that's ok with me too. I'm not on all the time and I don't take this game super serious so I don't need to be on the A-team.

I don't think it's a big deal, I haven't been on much lately either because of exams.

Tensei
Nov 24, 2010

All the 8reaths. All of them.

Kortel posted:

Is it just me or are early dungeon fights kind of crappy? Just did SM on sorc and it was really boring.

Yeah, DPSing for Sorcs will be a yawnfest up until about level 40-50. At that point, bosses will start using secondary aggro attacks more and more, and you'll quickly realize how much of a glass cannon you really are. You also get Burst of Celerity at level 48 which pretty much completely changes how you the class is played and makes it one of the most fun experience all the way through endgame.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
Besides that, you don't get burst of celerity until way later which changes a lot of the game plan. Ranged DPS almost always have it easier than melee and as a result are less interactive to me. Some dungeons they have a lot harder times with stuff like one hits, but then they have it much easier with stuff that is much more frequent.

I'm not one to talk after I switched from zerker to Archer for MCHM, though. (Also Tensei and I finally beat MCHM last night, now hopefully we can start running it a little more often than we have been. :v:)

zephyrthebreeze
Dec 30, 2006
sine qua non
Going to app tonight (after playing for two months now) as Ralitseh.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
http://tera.enmasse.com/happy-birthday-tera
Nothing really big yet, but at least it's double drops this weekend! There's also some pretty graphs and what not here for class creation and what not.

fakedit: wait, archer is the most commonly created class? that's terrible, archer is one of the most boring DPS to level and probably has a lot of people throw the game off. Also a single player with 2 million gold, think of all the maid outfits.

e: welp, second most common but yeah

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

LOLbox posted:

Started playing on EU and should have taken the OP more seriously...

So now I've downloaded NA client and made a Slayer on MT and applied to the guild. Having fun so far!

Is it really that bad? Me and my friends just rolled up characters as part of a F2P MMO binge (next up, Ragnarok II, Wushu, EQ and LotR), but seeing as I just ordered a boxed copy, I'm wondering if it's worth switching over to NA.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
When the hell are Nexuses happening now in EST? It feels like they keep changing them and I have no idea to when.

Septimus
Aug 30, 2003
Wasabi? Why not!

TheRationalRedditor posted:

When the hell are Nexuses happening now in EST? It feels like they keep changing them and I have no idea to when.

Handy nexus calendar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Septimus
Aug 30, 2003
Wasabi? Why not!
I've got a lv.60 archer on the RP server. It's boring as hell over there. Would it be alright if I transfer it over and join the guild?

• Locked thread