Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Both the Nintendo and Shin'en sales look to run through the 9th, by the way.

So Nano Assault EX is good, yeah? I loved their GBA and DS shooters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Do get Pushmo but find an episode of your favorite TV show to watch or something while you play the first ~30 levels because they're a single, long-rear end, unskippable tutorial and boring as gently caress. Afterwards the game is amazing thoug.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
Your Homescreen is full please delete some apps and download again. :psyduck:

I was already aware of the painfully small internal memory of the DSI but this really takes the cake.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

TEHJOE posted:

Your Homescreen is full please delete some apps and download again. :psyduck:

I was already aware of the painfully small internal memory of the DSI but this really takes the cake.

Wii U or 3DS? 3DS: did you put stuff into folders?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

mrEkli posted:

Wii U or 3DS? 3DS: did you put stuff into folders?

I think he said DSi. That and the Wii have a limited menuspace, 3DS expands as you add stuff and add space.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
DSIware can only be launched from system memory. So retaining the limits of the DSI you can only hold 128MB of games before you have to juggle titles to and from your SD card.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of May 2):

quote:

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    PAC-MAN (NES) - €4.99 / £3.49
    Mega Man (NES) - €4.99 / £3.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Kirby's Adventure (VC Trial Campaign) - €0.30 / £0.30 until May 16
    Zen Pinball 2 (Wii U eShop) - 50% off all Marvel table packs until May 9

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    My Riding Stables 3D: Jumping For The Team - €39.99 / £34.99
3DS eSHOP
    Picdun 2: Witch's Curse - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Fire Emblem Awakening DLC
  • Champions of Yore #2 (Roy, difficulty *) - €1.99 / £1.79
  • EXPonential Growth (EXP-grinding map, difficulty **) - €2.49 / £2.29
  • Champions of Yore #1 (Marth, difficulty *) - free until May 19, normal price €1.99 / £1.79
  • Champions of Yore Pack (Marth, Roy [difficulty *] and Micaiah [**]) - €3.49 / £2.99 until May 19, normal price €4.99 / £4.49
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Balloon Fight (NES) - €3.99 / £3.59
    Ice Climbers (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49
    Mario & Yoshi (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49
    Super C (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49
DSiWARE
    Publisher Dream - 200 Points / €1.99 / £1.79
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Marvel Pinball 3D (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £2.99 until May 9
    Aero Porter (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until May 30
    Crimson Shroud (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until May 30
    Liberation Maiden (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until May 30

NA update (week of May 2):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    Kung-Fu Rabbit
    Tank! Tank! Tank! (free with DLC)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mega Man (NES) - $4.99
    PAC-MAN (NES) - $4.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Nano Assault Neo (Wii U eShop) - $6.99 until May 9
    Zen Pinball 2 (Wii U eShop) - 50% off all table packs until May 9
    Kirby's Adventure (Wii U VC) - $0.30 until May 17

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    My Riding Stables 3D: Jumping for the Team - $39.99
    Code of Princess - $29.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Myst - $9.99 (permanent price reduction)
3DS eSHOP
    BearShark - $1.99
    Gummy Bears Magical Medallion - $?
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Balloon Fight (NES) - $3.99
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Fire Emblem Awakening DLC
  • Summer Scramble (opposite-sex support convos, difficulty **) - $3.00
DSiWARE
    Armageddon Operation Dragon - 200 Points / $1.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until May 9
    Art of Balance! TOUCH (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until May 9
    Dillon's Rolling Western (3DS eShop) - $6.99 until May 9
    Fluidity: Spin Cycle (3DS eShop) - $7.99 until May 9
    Fun! Fun! Minigolf! TOUCH (3DS eShop) - $3.49 until May 9
    Marvel Pinball 3D (3DS eShop) - $3.99 until May 9
    Nano Assault EX (3DS eShop) - $9.99 until May 9
    Pushmo (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until May 9
    Tokyo Crash Mobs (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until May 9
    Aero Porter (3DS eShop) - $2.99 until May 30
    Crimson Shroud (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until May 30
    Liberation Maiden (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until May 30

NA Fire Emblem dudes, I couldn't actually find an update on this week's DLC but Summer Scramble seems a safe bet. Correct me if I'm wrong.

BearShark is apparently based on a series of video shorts distributed via Nintendo Video. Does anyone even use that thing anymore?

Don't buy Myst.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Apparently both Pushmo and 3D Classics Kirby's Adventure are on sale on the NA 3DS eShop - $4.99 each. Anyone wanna confirm?

These are both tempting, seem like the prices they should have been sold at to begin with.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Revol posted:

These are both tempting, seem like the prices they should have been sold at to begin with.

Pushmo is a huge game.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

At least something came out for the Wii U Virtual Console, right? :dawkins101:

I guess Emily was making poo poo up now that there's some VC games that the Wii U and 3DS have in common and there's no transfer fee or whatever.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Boten Anna posted:

I guess Emily was making poo poo up now that there's some VC games that the Wii U and 3DS have in common and there's no transfer fee or whatever.

That's another complaint I have about the way Nintendo is handling the VC. I should be able to buy a game once, and play it across both the Wii U and the 3DS.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Wow, two games released for the eShop in one week?

Either Iwatas influence is spreading already or they already had those ready to go. Not that I'll be buying either, I've got far too many copies of MM1 than I'm proud to admit and I have the Arcade version of Pac-Man on my PS3.

At least they're putting stuff up.

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Who on earth is looking to drop $5 on Pac-Man?

Meanwhile, in Japan, they're getting three more Kirby games this week. I feel like their virtual console strategy is designed to make me feel like it's the early 90s again, with Japan getting everything nine months earlier and half of it never coming here at all.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I seem to remember when Wii came out it got three virtual console games a week, that was a long time ago though I might be misremembering.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
How hard is it to release games that have already been made?

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Nick at Nite posted:

Who on earth is looking to drop $5 on Pac-Man?

Meanwhile, in Japan, they're getting three more Kirby games this week. I feel like their virtual console strategy is designed to make me feel like it's the early 90s again, with Japan getting everything nine months earlier and half of it never coming here at all.

"The Virtual Console didn't do as well as we expected," said the company that repeatedly launched small quantities of mediocre games for it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Boten Anna posted:

"The Virtual Console didn't do as well as we expected," said the company that repeatedly launched small quantities of mediocre games for it.

Did they actually say that?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Boten Anna posted:

I hope you aren't saying Pac-Man is a mediocre game?

Though considering all the new Pac-Man games and cheaper alternatives Namco has been releasing for the past several years, a $5 price tag for the Wii U version is pretty bad. I think even the 3DS VC version of the NES game is a dollar cheaper than the Wii U VC version. Now I have to wonder if Wii U VC prices can be determined by third-parties when they submit the game, since pricing seems flexible for non-VC games on the eShop, what with sales and all.

Mercury Crusader fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 2, 2013

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Nick at Nite posted:

Well, we'll probably get Dream Course and Dream Land 3 sometime in the future (They were on the Sizzle Reel, after all.) but I wouldn't expect Star Stacker SFC unless NoA decides to put some imports out (Did we get any Import SNES games in the US for the Wii VC? I only recall NES imports and Sin&Punishment).

But still, early 90s? Japan still gets most things far earlier than anywhere else. That's how its always been.

Laser Spider
Jan 28, 2009

What's with all the eShop sales recently? Assuming NoA has any say in pricing, perhaps they're actually starting to learn a thing or two about digital distribution from their neighbors down the road in Bellevue.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Laser Spider posted:

What's with all the eShop sales recently? Assuming NoA has any say in pricing, perhaps they're actually starting to learn a thing or two about digital distribution from their neighbors down the road in Bellevue.

Yeah I'm hoping this stays a trend along with other games getting permanent price reductions (Code of Princess). Might pick up Rolling Western due to the sale, any opinions?

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Well, we'll probably get Dream Course and Dream Land 3 sometime in the future (They were on the Sizzle Reel, after all.) but I wouldn't expect Star Stacker SFC unless NoA decides to put some imports out (Did we get any Import SNES games in the US for the Wii VC? I only recall NES imports and Sin&Punishment).

But still, early 90s? Japan still gets most things far earlier than anywhere else. That's how its always been.

Yeah, it's probably just that, outside of Nintendo, most of my gaming interest has shifted to western developers over the past decade.

Dream Land 3 is amazing, though, I really wish they'd put this stuff out a little faster.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Rirse posted:

Yeah I'm hoping this stays a trend along with other games getting permanent price reductions (Code of Princess). Might pick up Rolling Western due to the sale, any opinions?

It's a pretty fun tower defense game, though the towers are meant to supplement your running-around-rolling-into-things action rather than being the main focus. Combat involves the touch screen; you have to "pull back" (drag the stylus in a downward motion) to charge your roll, with the longer/farther you hold back, the faster/more damage you do, but you move with the control stick. Depending on the upgrades you get and your ability to adapt to the combat, you could potentially complete levels without investing into towers, but that gets really hard later in the game as maps and enemy pathing space out farther and farther.

I really enjoyed the game. I gotta try out the sequel.

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't really call it a tower defense game with action elements so much as it is an action game with tower defense elements.

Mercury Crusader fucked around with this message at 17:29 on May 2, 2013

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah, I'm not particularly far in, but it feels closer to something like Dynasty Warriors than a straight up TD. Its mainly about jetting around the map putting out fires before they rage out of control. There's a tower under attack here, and enemies are almost to the town there, and oh here's a hidden temple I should break into, that kind of time management stuff. The combat seems surprisingly meaty too, there's a decent little brawler in there.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Mercury Crusader posted:

I hope you aren't saying Pac-Man is a mediocre game?

The NES version is.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Boten Anna posted:

The NES version is.

The sounds aren't even correct going from the last time I played the NES version.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

PAL update (week of May 2):

NA update (week of May 2):

NA Fire Emblem dudes, I couldn't actually find an update on this week's DLC but Summer Scramble seems a safe bet. Correct me if I'm wrong.

BearShark is apparently based on a series of video shorts distributed via Nintendo Video. Does anyone even use that thing anymore?

Don't buy Myst.

I just checked, and yeah, it's Summer Scramble today.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Boten Anna posted:

The NES version is.

You got a point there.

Man, arcade VC titles on the Wii ruled. I hope thst becomes a thing in the future.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

At least it's not the Atari 2600 version. HHHHHHGggggg

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

AlmightyBob posted:

At least it's not the Atari 2600 version. HHHHHHGggggg

Well thankfully the 2600 wouldn't be feasible as an option for VC games. Too simple, the only people who would buy them are people who want to relive nostalgia, because collectors would just buy carts.

And they would probably be overpriced, like $2 or something.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I wouldn't expect Star Stacker SFC unless NoA decides to put some imports out (Did we get any Import SNES games in the US for the Wii VC? I only recall NES imports and Sin&Punishment).

DoReMi Fantasy.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Joramun posted:

DoReMi Fantasy.

Must've popped up sometime after I stopped checking the Wii Shop every week. But yeah, I thought there was at least one SNES import game. Just wasn't sure and didn't want to come off like a jackass and assume there was.

I'm not really hopeful that we'll get more imports this time around, but it'd be pretty nice to see. Same with more C64 games, that kind of died out like the VC Arcade did.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
Pulseman is pretty close to an import title as it was only released on the Sega channel in the states.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

TEHJOE posted:

Pulseman is pretty close to an import title as it was only released on the Sega channel in the states.

Not a SNES title.

Triangle Head
Jan 5, 2006

So many games on sale. I already picked up Crimson Shroud, I think I'm going to end up with Pushmo and Liberation Maiden. Maybe Art of Balance too.

I do. :v: I want a Dinosaur Office game.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

TEHJOE posted:

I might have heard wrong, but was the Sega Channel Pulseman translated in any way?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Capcom dropped release dates for a few more Wii U VC games - Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (SNES) will be out on the 16th, Ghosts 'n Goblins (NES) on the 30th.

Also worth noting - both Mega Man and Pac-Man are 60HZ on the PAL eShop, so I guess Nintendo really did get the message after all!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I might have heard wrong, but was the Sega Channel Pulseman translated in any way?

I don't think so. The VC version definitely wasn't.

The only VC import that was translated (aside from S&P which was almost entirely in English to begin with) was Monster World 4, as far as I know. The VC Arcade version of Wonder Boy in Monster Land is based on a completed English prototype that was never officially released, so I guess it kinda counts as "new", too.

Laser Spider posted:

They've changed their policies so that third-party publishers can toy with the price whenever they like, more or less.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Triangle Head posted:

I do. :v: I want a Dinosaur Office game.

Dinosaur Office was the only reason I kept Nintendo Video on my 3DS for as long as I did. Then I got desperate for space on the SD card and got rid of it. After buying a new SD card I've just been too lazy to put it back on.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Onean posted:

Dinosaur Office was the only reason I kept Nintendo Video on my 3DS for as long as I did. Then I got desperate for space on the SD card and got rid of it. After buying a new SD card I've just been too lazy to put it back on.

I've been keeping the little Kid Icarus OVA's on my SD Card, which is the only reason I kept Nintendo Video.

It'd be nice if I could put them on my PC, but I'm pretty sure they're encrypted or in a foreign file format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Is there any way to put 3D videos on your 3DS and view them? I just realized there are tons of 3D videos up on YouTube and I'd love to throw a bunch on my 3DS for the commute.