Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Dissapointed Owl posted:

The internet cart system is such bullshit. If you're going to make a real life analogy at least have it make sense. When it's in my cart, it's in my loving cart. No one is going to walk by and steal it out of there.

:argh:

Big cartel stores do this. You have thirty minutes from putting it in your cart to start checking out. If all the copies are in people's carts it'll show as in stock, but won't let you add it to your own cart. I've gotten a few things by just waiting for someone's time to run out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Kevar posted:

Big cartel stores do this. You have thirty minutes from putting it in your cart to start checking out. If all the copies are in people's carts it'll show as in stock, but won't let you add it to your own cart. I've gotten a few things by just waiting for someone's time to run out.

Exactly. I like that system.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Me in Reverse posted:

Fun fact: It's now been four months and a week since I was supposed to have gotten my Man With The Iron Fists Deluxe Pak from Soul Temple.

They've ignored in the range of 20 emails now, save one reply two months ago which said "We shipped them out in December, you should have gotten it."

:thumbsup:

It looks like Soul Temple is starting to be recognized for being terrible, unreliable thieves, so there's that insignificant consolation. I made the mistake of pre-ordering the 3LP set of 'Shaolin Soul Selection' because I thought 'Hey, the RZA making picks from Stax's catalog? Should be awesome' and 'Man, my Wu-Tang-loving friend would flip out over that shirt'.
That was in February.

No response to customer support e-mails, of course.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
drat people and their lovely mailers :argh:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Darthemed posted:

It looks like Soul Temple is starting to be recognized for being terrible, unreliable thieves, so there's that insignificant consolation. I made the mistake of pre-ordering the 3LP set of 'Shaolin Soul Selection' because I thought 'Hey, the RZA making picks from Stax's catalog? Should be awesome' and 'Man, my Wu-Tang-loving friend would flip out over that shirt'.
That was in February.

No response to customer support e-mails, of course.

Ugh. Against my better judgment I ordered 12 Reasons to Die (only to see a few copies in stores on RSD :argh: ), as I had indeed received my Collector's Ed of Man w/ the Iron Fists on time, or close to. Now I'm not sure this album is actually going to make its way here. Thing is, I'm in Canada and poo poo always takes a week or two extra to get here, and they supposedly mailed out everything this past weekend. Soul Temple stressed that they wanted delivery confirmation/tracking for all deliveries and I haven't received anything from them.

So either I wait and potentially let my dispute deadline go by (still have a week or two) or dispute it now.

e: gently caress it, disputed.

Crumbletron fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 2, 2013

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Parachute Underwear posted:

Ugh. Against my better judgment I ordered 12 Reasons to Die (only to see a few copies in stores on RSD :argh: ), as I had indeed received my Collector's Ed of Man w/ the Iron Fists on time, or close to. Now I'm not sure this album is actually going to make its way here. Thing is, I'm in Canada and poo poo always takes a week or two extra to get here, and they supposedly mailed out everything this past weekend. Soul Temple stressed that they wanted delivery confirmation/tracking for all deliveries and I haven't received anything from them.

So either I wait and potentially let my dispute deadline go by (still have a week or two) or dispute it now.

e: gently caress it, disputed.

You made the right call. Here's a bit more feedback from unhappy fans.
e: According to anecdotal evidence, the guy running Soul Temple, Robert Perry, has a history of being a shitbag. "he apparently jumped out of his office window when Bumpy Knuckles arrived to be paid."

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 2, 2013

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Yeah, googling for a bit made me go over the edge and just do it now.

iluvpr0n
Oct 21, 2000

Ugh, glad I resisted temptation on the Shaolin Soul Selection and Ghostface releases. What scumbags (or totally incompetent buttheads with terrible judgment for putting out more records while leaving so many unfulfilled).

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

david puddy posted:

drat people and their lovely mailers :argh:

Wow. I've been collecting for 5 years now with almost all of it bought online and shipped across the globe, and I've never seen anything like that.

Did they put it in a big empty or something?

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Cross-posting from the punk thread, but I was surprised by how many people lamented missing the Title Fight/Touche Amore split on RSD. Deathwish has the rest of the pressing (though none of the RSD-exclusive red) up on their webstore here. Figured I'd share, just ordered mine in pink, along with Code Orange Kids.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Wow. I've been collecting for 5 years now with almost all of it bought online and shipped across the globe, and I've never seen anything like that.

Did they put it in a big empty or something?

I've had a few things sent in these envelope things and they always turn out badly. This one, the BioShock OST that had split seams and corner dings plus a couple of others.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Horrible

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

david puddy posted:

I've had a few things sent in these envelope things and they always turn out badly. This one, the BioShock OST that had split seams and corner dings plus a couple of others.

I just got a package sent from overseas this morning with the same problem. Same packaging as that, split seams on both records.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

david puddy posted:

Holy poo poo that is not suitable for mailing records.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

david puddy posted:

That's ridiculous. Where did you order from?

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Jasta posted:

That's ridiculous. Where did you order from?

A store on eBay called "First Rhythm Records". The disc itself is perfect so I'm not bothered enough to ask for a replacement or anything.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
That kind of mailer is common I've found when ordering from UK sellers on Discogs and eBay, though thankfully I have never had any issues like yours.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I literally vomited.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
I have a friend who bought a record on auction and it got sent wrapped in a very thin layer of news paper and nothing else. Not even a plastic sleeve.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Kevar posted:

Temporary Residence is putting out a 14 LP Envy boxset. I already have like 10 LPs worth of Envy...but god drat is that thing tempting. Probably going to have to pass since I've spent waaaaay over my vinyl budget this month.

http://shop.temporaryresidence.com/trr200

If I hadn't just bought an SYL boxset I would be all over this. It hurts to let it go though, my god it hurts.

e: Re: Mailer Chat: I've sent a few records in those mailers, but I always take the records out of the jackets, use the 2 cardboard stiffeners, then wrap the whole thing in a shitload of bubblewrap and tape that up. Then I put it in the mailer and put extra tape on all seams of the mailer. Although I've had nothing but positive feedback for the stuff I've shipped personally, after seeing these pictures, I will try to find different mailers in the future.

Also the most recent pressing of the Dopesmoker reissue just arrived for me from Norman Records (UK). The record itself is glorious, clearly a lot of effort went in to the presentation and stuff. Also, Norman Records shipped it with really good packaging and fast service. I paid on the 29th, it shipped on the 30th, and was here by 1st May. Will definitely be buying from them again as they seem to get all of the Southern Lord stuff.

nomapple fucked around with this message at 11:27 on May 2, 2013

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Someone once offered me the entire vinyl discography of Boards Of Canada and proceeded to roll each LP sleeveless towards me down a gravelly pathway.

izationalizer
Jul 2, 2012

I don't know what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is.

Doctor Cave posted:

That kind of mailer is common I've found when ordering from UK sellers

Yep, and the EU, too. I've had both a The Clean Tally Ho 7" and a clean original mono Jerry Lee Lewis Live at the Star Club, Hamburg arrive *cracked* in those mailers. Both sellers refunded my money (or almost all of it in the former case, because the 7" actually plays, albeit with a slight tick), but it still sucks, because both were bargains that I haven't encountered since.

Holy gently caress, I hate those mailers. I'm no entrepreneur, but if I were, I'd open some factories that make these things on the other side of the Atlantic.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

david puddy posted:

I pack and ship things for a living, so it infuriates me when people think putting a fragile sticker on something is actually going to help at all. If your product is fragile, don't pack it in what amounts to a few layers of paper! Record mailers and bubble wrap are cheap, and if someone has paid you to send them something, you can afford to spend a little extra to package it properly, especially if it's going long distance, or overseas. Goddamn.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
:siren: Death Waltz Records has all their RSD items up for sale! :siren:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

FYI, I got a refund on the Paypal dispute I filed last night from Bandcamp on behalf of Soul Temple, so it's definitely worth trying if you're within the dispute period.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I finally got my Blade Runner soundtrack today from Amazon. There was a slight dent in the upper right hand corner and the inner sleeve has a small split on one side, but it survived the trip quite well otherwise.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Mister Kingdom posted:

I finally got my Blade Runner soundtrack today from Amazon. There was a slight dent in the upper right hand corner and the inner sleeve has a small split on one side, but it survived the trip quite well otherwise.

Have you listened to it yet? It sounds fantastic.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

CPL593H posted:

Every time someone mentions "BOC" it takes a second before I realize no one is talking about Blue Oyster Cult.

I'm so uncool.

It's BoC not BOC.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
I'm in Atlanta for the weekend. What record shops do I need to hit?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Hahaha, I'm so excited about this it's ridiculous.

A rerelease of the impossible to find Goodbye Horses by Q Lazzarus along with a cover from Wild Beasts?

That's amazing.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh man, I HAVE to get that. I can listen to that song on repeat for hours at a time. It's so loving good!

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Vintersorg posted:

Oh man, I HAVE to get that. I can listen to that song on repeat for hours at a time. It's so loving good!

Me too. Absolutely love it. Finding a copy of that single is ridiculously hard/expensive, so this will be amazing.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

The Human Cow posted:

I'm in Atlanta for the weekend. What record shops do I need to hit?

Hahahaha. Um we have...uhhhhhh....Wax & Facts and Criminal Records at Little Five Points, I guess. Don't expect much. There's also this weird little shop in Marietta called Sounds Good Disc Exchange which is only open on Saturday.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Hahaha, I'm so excited about this it's ridiculous.

A rerelease of the impossible to find Goodbye Horses by Q Lazzarus along with a cover from Wild Beasts?

That's amazing.

Finally! Now I have something to play real loud in my horrible basement workshop/murder hole.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

CPL593H posted:

Finally! Now I have something to play real loud in my horrible basement workshop/murder hole.

Wait... I'm not supposed to play "Brand New Key" by Melanie in my murder hole? Have I've been doing it wrong?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Cemetry Gator posted:

Wait... I'm not supposed to play "Brand New Key" by Melanie in my murder hole? Have I've been doing it wrong?

lol I'd like to see the stitchwork on your peoplesuits, bruv

Kalimar
Mar 20, 2006

Say I was given a Ortofon Concorde Pro S cartridge / headshell assembly, could I swap the Pro S for an OM10? Also, I've never replaced a cartridge on a Ortofon Concorde, do they just snap off?

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded
the OM/Concorde stylus just pop in/out, it's kind of a weird angle w/ the OM body without removing it from the headshell but whatever. you can use OM* styluses in the Concorde, the only real difference between the OM and Concorde body is just the Concorde's integrated headshell design.

JehovahsWetness fucked around with this message at 04:40 on May 4, 2013

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

I got a copy of George Harrison's All Things Must Pass at a record fair this morning. It's one of the boxed editions, and I am really digging the music :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalimar
Mar 20, 2006

Thanks, it wasn't so clear from what I could find via search engines or even Ortofon's site. It seems like the Concorde has been discontinued.