Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferris Bueller
May 12, 2001

"It is his fault he didn't lock the garage."

_MG_6071.jpg by Flying Ferris, on Flickr

From Mr. Bland's old stomping grounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Ferris Bueller posted:

_MG_6071.jpg by Flying Ferris, on Flickr

From Mr. Bland's old stomping grounds

Oh, hey, it's the PMP Fermentation Products plant. Thanks for the smells, Peoria. Incidentally, I'm shocked all of that grass there wasn't underwater when you took the picture thanks to the recent flooding...

Ferris Bueller
May 12, 2001

MrBlandAverage posted:

Oh, hey, it's the PMP Fermentation Products plant. Thanks for the smells, Peoria. Incidentally, I'm shocked all of that grass there wasn't underwater when you took the picture thanks to the recent flooding...

The water was about 5 feet behind me. Yeah, always smells like someone brewing a bad beer in that town.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It really surprised me how fast Illinois managed to drain itself out.. I drove from the southern tip of the state to Chicago on Tuesday via US51 and there was relatively little flooding. The only significant water was just south of Vandalia, there was some large fields fenced in by some ridges that were still completely submerged. The road cut right through it, and was maybe 6 inches above the water level.

Of course all the rivers are still super full, basically every patch of dirt on the Fox river was underwater for most of the week but it's slowly coming down.

Revolucion
Nov 2, 2004
removed.

Revolucion fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 29, 2020

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!

Lonely Island at La Push beach by ashex, on Flickr

BrosephofArimathea
Jan 31, 2005

I've finally come to grips with the fact that the sky fucking fell.

Your photos make me want to stop being lazy and see some of my own country. Lake Eyre looks especially awesome.

BrosephofArimathea fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Apr 29, 2013

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

20130418-04 by azathosk, on Flickr

20130418-05 by azathosk, on Flickr

20130418-01 by azathosk, on Flickr

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Ferris Bueller posted:

The water was about 5 feet behind me. Yeah, always smells like someone brewing a bad beer in that town.

We call that a good Saison here (which are terrible, all Belgian beer is nasty).

CarrotFlowers
Dec 17, 2010

Blerg.

Musket posted:

all Belgian beer is nasty

You shut your filthy mouth.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

I have the cokin p-series bracket which I really love being able to do slidey things with the GND filters, the only downside is with my 24mm prime the edges of the bracket show up in the edges of the shot meaning I have to crop out a teeny bit. Kinda annoying but I've had fun stacking filters and look forward to getting moar filters and playing legos with them

Kujaroth
Jul 26, 2006
Been a while since I've gotten out for a decent shoot:

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
:shlick:

that's purrdy. colours are awesome!

Ferris Bueller
May 12, 2001

CarrotFlowers posted:

I second the motion(at least when it comes to beer matters.)

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Kujaroth posted:

Been a while since I've gotten out for a decent shoot:

That is indeed a sexy rock.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

CarrotFlowers posted:

For real, Belgian beers are totally gross and no one should like them. IPA SUPREMACY. (ISA is also acceptable)

To stop the vignetting of the Cokin P, you need to upgrade to a cokin Z filter holder Sludge. They sell P to Z filter size adapters. P filters are not made for UWA primes, Z filter is as is the X-Pro Set up.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
thanks. also thanks for saving me from wasting money on more p filters (only use them with the 24)

would you say they are good enough or would you recommend switching to lee seeing as i have to get a whole new kit now ?

Hotwax Residue
Mar 26, 2010
General consensus is go for Lee if you can afford it, Cokin are notorious for colour casts. Lee filters will also fit in a Cokin Z-pro filter holder I think which could save you some money. You could also look into Hitech filters which are kinda between Cokin and Lee quality wise.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Used a 10 stop ND for the first time. I dunno how I feel about the processing on these though.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Casu Marzu posted:

Used a 10 stop ND for the first time. I dunno how I feel about the processing on these though.

I like the last two best.

How do they go in b&w?

Kujaroth
Jul 26, 2006

azathosk posted:

That is indeed a sexy rock.

Sludge Tank posted:

:shlick:

that's purrdy. colours are awesome!

Thanks both.

One more from the trip:

garney
Jul 21, 2007
A few photos taken on the Australian Great Ocean Road.

IMG_3439 by garney89, on Flickr

IMG_3249 by garney89, on Flickr

IMG_3493 by garney89, on Flickr

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Are there any good tutorials on how to process landscapes online? Both color and B/W. Would help a ton, I take some decent landscapes but when I see some other work I'm like :drat:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Silverstar 2013 by hookshot88, on Flickr

Silverstar 2013 by hookshot88, on Flickr

Silverstar by hookshot88, on Flickr

Silverstar by hookshot88, on Flickr

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?

I like these a lot but I see a floater on the left above the tree line assumably from a stitched panorama.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Verman posted:

I like these a lot but I see a floater on the left above the tree line assumably from a stitched panorama.
Ugh, you're right, thanks for that... it's actually from me cloning to hide my dirty as all hell sensor.

scottch
Oct 18, 2003
"It appears my wee-wee's been stricken with rigor mortis."

DSC_8012.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

DSC_8006.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

DSC_8130.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

DSC_8143.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

DSC_8197-Edit.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

DSC_8122-Edit.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

garney posted:

A few photos taken on the Australian Great Ocean Road.

IMG_3439 by garney89, on Flickr

IMG_3249 by garney89, on Flickr

:eyepop:

garney
Jul 21, 2007

Thanks! Looking for some critical feedback on the black and white, first time really messing with that style.

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Don't tap on the fucking glass!
I swear to god I'll cut off your fucking fingers and feed them to the otters for enrichment.
I'd back off the on the brightness of the road in the second picture. It distracts from the surfer at the bottom of the frame a bit.

garney
Jul 21, 2007
I was considering that actually. I'm not sure if the imagine is too sharp overall? The top section is whats bugging me.

Leviathor
Mar 1, 2002

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Don't tap on the fucking glass!
I swear to god I'll cut off your fucking fingers and feed them to the otters for enrichment.

garney posted:

I was considering that actually. I'm not sure if the imagine is too sharp overall? The top section is whats bugging me.

Looks fine to me. I mean, it's ultimately a stylistic choice you have to make and it would probably look pretty good if you did change it, but it certainly doesn't look 'wrong' the way it is now.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
I like the road as sharp as it is; it gives you two things to look at that are very discrete from each other. You probably notice the overall shape of the coastline and the waves first. After that, though, depending on whether you start from the top or the bottom, you notice either the road cutting away from the scene, or the surfer walking in and seeming to consider the state of things. The frame is tall enough that you can't properly see both at the same time, anyway.

Revolucion
Nov 2, 2004
removed.

Revolucion fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 29, 2020

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

That's some rock! [/babe]

I'm kind of sad I skipped over visiting that when I go to Australia. Oh well, I'm going to see so much more awesome stuff over the next 2 months I can't really complain. I leave in 5 days! It's so close, I can't believe it.

nummy
Feb 15, 2007
Eat a bowl of fuck.

Casu Marzu posted:

WI goon spotted.

Dells of the Eau Claire. I recognize that bridge almost anywhere!

efcso
Sep 11, 2001

I'm watching you!

Picnic Princess posted:

That's some rock! [/babe]

I'm kind of sad I skipped over visiting that when I go to Australia. Oh well, I'm going to see so much more awesome stuff over the next 2 months I can't really complain. I leave in 5 days! It's so close, I can't believe it.

There are many awesomes to see here in Aus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

nummy posted:

WI goon spotted.

Dells of the Eau Claire. I recognize that bridge almost anywhere!

That's the spot. Pretty sure 90% of my photos are from an area reaching from the Wausau area down to Madison.