Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Great, cthulu will be next.

I don't care for your tone, sir! Cthulu lego would be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

ChesterJT posted:

It means steampunk Lego. What more do you need? :v:

Does it mean a steampunk line though, or is it just for the Academy?

Digital War
May 28, 2006

Ahhh, poetry.
The models aren't great. If you go to https://www.lego.com/club and stick in the code L4MBA from the bottom of that poster you can download the PDF that shows the models.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Digital War posted:

The models aren't great. If you go to https://www.lego.com/club and stick in the code L4MBA from the bottom of that poster you can download the PDF that shows the models.

See, this is what I was asking about. The concept is sound, but the Academy has never had strong execution, and Lego steampunk is pretty much wasted on them.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Digital War posted:

Bah what a let down

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Lizard Combatant posted:

Bah what a let down

Agreed :(

But drat that poster looks so badass.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Steampunk is bullshit anyway. Just buy a Technic set and put all the gears on the outside.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Travis343 posted:

Steampunk is bullshit anyway. Just buy a Technic set and put all the gears on the outside.

A proper line would have all kinds of neat pieces in cool colours though. Plus Victorian era clothing minifigs.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Lego Breaking Bad: The Video Game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSUK4WgQ3vk

Oh how I wish it was real.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

XCPuff posted:

Anyone know if Legoland 6951 is worth anything or collectible in any way?

Is it complete? What is the condition like? PM me, I might be interested.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is anyone picking up the 10240 Red Five X-wing Starfighter? I'm not that into Star Wars, but man do I like the look of the Starfighter and Tiefighter. Any good things to say about the set? It's a bit pricey for my taste, but I'm considering it.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
E: whoops wrong model. Nm

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 02:24 on May 3, 2013

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Is there a new tie fighter, or do you mean the 9492?

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

obi_ant posted:

Is anyone picking up the 10240 Red Five X-wing Starfighter? I'm not that into Star Wars, but man do I like the look of the Starfighter and Tiefighter. Any good things to say about the set? It's a bit pricey for my taste, but I'm considering it.

When and if it goes on sale (or someone gifts it to me at Christmas/birthday), abso-loving-lutely.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Anyone have the Lego Gran Prix Racer (42000)? Was browsing Lego models the other day and saw it for the first time and now I think I need to have it. I'm looking at it more for display than for any special parts or building the alternate model.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

beato posted:

Lego Breaking Bad: The Video Game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSUK4WgQ3vk

Oh how I wish it was real.

I just came to post this same link. Really cool video and I'm impressed with how much it resembles one of the actual LEGO games.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
It is so hard to go to bricklink for just one type of piece, only to suddenly have a cart totaling more than $100. What do I need brown minifig snowshoes for? I don't know, I just want them!

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.
Heard a rumor the B-Wing UCS might be half off tomorrow, fwiw.

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

So I just bought a house with my girlfriend, does anyone have any tips on moving/packing Lego sets without taking them apart? We both have a ton of Lego and a lot of big sets that we don't really want to take apart. I'm thinking no matter what I do pieces are going to fall off but I'd like to minimize the damage.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Pirate Ken posted:

That is a fantastic lead, if only it could be corroborated somehow...

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

According to eurobricks the b-wing is 50% off in the US, full price here in Europe. No B-wing for me :(

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
If the B-wing is half off for canada I will buy it without hesitation.

Getting the UCS X-wing is also on my want list. I always wanted it and the Y-wing but aftermarket prices have kept me away and were high enough that $250 seems reasonable.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
About halfway done with the Death Star and I cannot believe the crazy amount of stuff they packed into the set. Sure it was $400 (got it for 330 :smug:) but holy poo poo. I love how even when lego sets look cool, you usually discover something mind blowing when building the thing.

Got the best mini figs from 10 today, Mr. Gold excluded. Of course I am talking about library lady, bee lady, sad clown and that lego iPhone.

What disturbed me is that my girlfriend and I tallied up the money we've spent on sets in the past year. Even before the smaller sets we bought on clearance and the mini fig randoms, we hit 1500 bucks. We thought it wouldn't happen to us. "Just the city modulars," we says. "Ok maybe the Death Star too," we says. "But if we have a proper city block, we're going to need superheroes to save it... and an Asylum... and a $180 haunted house..."

God help us.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Welp, I'm in Orlando. Guess I'm hitting up Downtown Disney tomorrow. :dance:

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Pick up one for me too? ;(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The_Doctor posted:

Welp, I'm in Orlando. Guess I'm hitting up Downtown Disney tomorrow. :dance:

How can you have been here for SIX YEARS and still not have Plat!

Email me at captaininvictus @ the gmail, I wanna talk~

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Skulduggery posted:

So I just bought a house with my girlfriend, does anyone have any tips on moving/packing Lego sets without taking them apart? We both have a ton of Lego and a lot of big sets that we don't really want to take apart. I'm thinking no matter what I do pieces are going to fall off but I'd like to minimize the damage.

Historically I've broken them down if at all possible, such as pulling the wings off my TIE-fighter, taking the fins off the lunar limo, removing antenna, etc

And then I just throw them in a big fuckoff box together and call it a day.

rebuilding it is half the fun, man.

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

Sockser posted:

Historically I've broken them down if at all possible, such as pulling the wings off my TIE-fighter, taking the fins off the lunar limo, removing antenna, etc

And then I just throw them in a big fuckoff box together and call it a day.

rebuilding it is half the fun, man.

Oh I know. It's just that between the two of us we have so much that just to break it down would be a ridiculous task in itself. We're going to have to dedicate one of the bedrooms to a Lego room to display everything. If I had the time do it I would just break it down into small totes or something.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I've mainly bought technic off ebay, but the sets that arrived in the best condition were put into a bag and then in a box with newspaper/packing peanuts.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I'll definitely pick up a B-Wing at that price, I love that ship. I know it has issues in Lego form, but at half price, I can't say no. Unless its in store only, not sure I want to drive 2 hours for a chance at one. Hopefully the online store has that price too.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
:siren:

Canadian Toys R Us is having 20% off ALL Lego Technic and Galaxy Squad.

Just picked up 9398 4x4 Crawler :toot:

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Wild EEPROM posted:

:siren:

Canadian Toys R Us is having 20% off ALL Lego Technic and Galaxy Squad.

Just picked up 9398 4x4 Crawler :toot:

Too bad their loving prices are probably +%30 before the discount.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

jeeves posted:

Too bad their loving prices are probably +%30 before the discount.

TRU Canada for non licensed sets are usually equal with S&H prices. Star Wars sets sometimes have a markup but it is really hit and miss the markup at the highest was $30 more for the death star that is $500 at S&H while Jabba's Palace was $5 above S&H prices.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Depends, online TRU is almost always MSRP, but the b&m TRU I go to are usually below MSRP, not counting any more discounts.

Example: The 8110 Unimog. MSRP $249, shop.lego.ca $249, toysrus.ca $249, and the local b&m toysrus $229.

Not a lot of places sell Technic, either :(

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...

Pirate Ken posted:

I am located in US in Eastern time zone and I just bought the UCS B-Wing for $99 at shop.lego! I am so glad I happened to check this thread tonight otherwise I may not have even looked at the LEGO site since I decided not to get the UCS X-Wing yet. Awesome.

1500 pieces for $99 is much more reasonable.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

parque bynch posted:

I am located in US in Eastern time zone and I just bought the UCS B-Wing for $99 at shop.lego! I am so glad I happened to check this thread tonight otherwise I may not have even looked at the LEGO site since I decided not to get the UCS X-Wing yet. Awesome.

Just snagged this too. Amazing deal. Cannot wait to build this when it arrives.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

parque bynch posted:

I'm on Pacific time, I guess I have to wait until midnight.

Edit: Well that was the fastest purchase ever.

obi_ant fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 4, 2013

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

I am so tempted by the B-wing for $99. My two issues is that it's not minifig scale to match my X-wing and A-Wing (Y-wing coming soon) and several people on here have said it's kinda flimsy. I doubt there will be another B-wing made in minifig scale, so it's tough to pass this up. Why do you have to taunt me Lego!

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Sold out :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

obi_ant posted:

I'm on Pacific time, I guess I have to wait until midnight.

Edit: Well that was the fastest purchase ever.

Yeah they went up at 9pm PST