Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Dunban posted:

Looking forward to the myriad ways Schweinsteiger's name will be pronounced during the final.

I think it was Barry Glendenning who called him the Teutonic Pigmounter in an MBM once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Dunban posted:

Looking forward to the myriad ways Schweinsteiger's name will be pronounced during the final.

Barry the Pig Climber

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Phil has been shorn of his lovely locks and now looks like Joseph Gordon Levitt

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
he looks like Joey Barton there wtf

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Jesus, took me a few seconds to figure out who that was

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnVRqFVaB0U

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jun67_RyQFs

Fjorden Baby! featuring Leeds star Rodolph Austin.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
:siren: Liverpool video :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifnUtp-42sA

Woooo

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

15 years ago today, City were relegated to the old 3rd division (now League 1). Stockport County were in a league above City at that point, but they have now just been relegated to the Conference North, how times change. Just wish we had this guy in his prime in our current team...

TheGoatFeeder fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 3, 2013

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Got the ball imo.

I am liking all these pictures/videos with the mens and ladies teams interacting. Do any other teams have much inter-gender stuff going on?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

TheGoatFeeder posted:

15 years ago today, City were relegated to the old 3rd division (now League 1). Stockport County were in a league above City at that point, but they have now just been relegated to the Conference North, how times change. Just wish we had this guy in his prime in our current team...

City could just get Hatem Ben Arfa/Adel Taraabt, more or less Kinkladze's modern analogues.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Eau de MacGowan posted:

City could just get Hatem Ben Arfa/Adel Taraabt, more or less Kinkladze's modern analogues.

Kinkladze was never that much of a oval office :argh:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Perhaps, but what he did on the pitch was similarly erratic.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Perhaps, but what he did on the pitch was similarly erratic.

Yeah fair comment, I maintain he was mostly let down by the shite in the team surrounding him though.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
In my opinion (and this is incredibly retrospective given I was 13 or so at the time City took the comedy plunge, I loving loved Kinkladze at the time) the team was actually reliant upon him/built specifically around him and his mental spurts of genius to a fundamentally flawed extent, like some kind of protestant priest being burnt at the stake by the inquisition just loving certain, certain, certain, that an english speaking jesus is going to descend from the sky and save him, and hey, the fire is still burning, and now it's up around his feet and...?

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
the first football game I went to involved Kinkladze scoring this ridiculous chip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9qp6eJBstA&t=34s

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Bayern fans in Barcelona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmJZNYkUT_M

:allears:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Do yous have mental ultras in Germany at all? I dunno what yous are like for footy violence.

Boner Slam
May 9, 2005
Look at 2:13 and imagine if they'd manage to do a "So gehn' die Bayern, die Bayern die gehn' so; So gehn' Barca, Barca die gehn' so" holy poo poo

Also, lots of Polish flags. Apparently already awaiting Lewa them Munich people :smug:

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Do yous have mental ultras in Germany at all? I dunno what yous are like for footy violence.

East Germany, but not only is that "part" of the "country" a total shithole but supreme ultraviolence is the only thing those "people" are at all capable of (I'm kidding) [it is a shithole tho]

Bayern is in South Germany and people in the South of Germany are far to rich and complacent too care about anything else than their organic food stores and institutionalized racism.

Boner Slam fucked around with this message at 12:42 on May 4, 2013

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Stockport County were in a league above City at that point, but they have now just been relegated to the Conference North, how times change.

Don't count your chickens yet - Aldershot going in to administration means that Stockport have every chance of winning the AGM Cup next month and staying up - with Aldershot dropping down to the Conference South.

Which is a shame because for having a fan lamping our right back Stockport should be sent to the Northern Premier League IMO.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

JingleBells posted:

Don't count your chickens yet - Aldershot going in to administration means that Stockport have every chance of winning the AGM Cup next month and staying up - with Aldershot dropping down to the Conference South.

Which is a shame because for having a fan lamping our right back Stockport should be sent to the Northern Premier League IMO.

Yeah I read that they may get a reprieve, not sure it's deserved for various reasons though as you point out.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Saw a lot of hung over Bayern fans in Barcelona on wednesday.

I went to Camp Nou today. Amazing stadium and museum, but it was so many people there. Couldn't even get a beer without waiting for 20 minutes. I dont think there's a better experience for the plastic fan anywhere else in the world.

Intelligibility
Apr 8, 2011

Get shovel!

We sure do love a good organized mass choreo/march/parade etc. :shobon::respek::hitler:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

euroboy posted:

Saw a lot of hung over Bayern fans in Barcelona on wednesday.

I went to Camp Nou today. Amazing stadium and museum, but it was so many people there. Couldn't even get a beer without waiting for 20 minutes. I dont think there's a better experience for the plastic fan anywhere else in the world.
Anfield, mate. And have you tried the prawn sandwiches in rat piss town? They're splendid!

You should've taken some pictures btw!

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I am laughing out loud at this. What in the hell

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He needs to do it for a while before its better than the zip

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Xabi posted:

You should've taken some pictures btw!

I'll post them when I get back in a couple of weeks

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq2_Q5d-BbM

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:
How did brap put it? A face like a bag full of smashed crabs?

MikeTheCoolOne
Jul 18, 2006

Drinking heavily the night before.

This really needs to be looped better

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Springheel Jack posted:

This really needs to be looped better

Wirth1000 fucked around with this message at 09:38 on May 5, 2013

marcadia
Sep 13, 2005

If you didn't watch MotD last night.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
Watford fans tweeting to debut keeper Jack Bonham yesterday after his mistake:

https://twitter.com/JackBonham1/status/330724967484387328

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Ravel posted:

Watford fans tweeting to debut keeper Jack Bonham yesterday after his mistake:

https://twitter.com/JackBonham1/status/330724967484387328

Good lads.

marcadia
Sep 13, 2005

Can anyone find a particular McDonald's advert featuring David Platt? I think it was '94-95, something like that. He ambles up to a McDonald's till and orders something and somebody incredulously asks "David Platt?!". I think this was real, but the only thing I can find on youtube has Platt in it for 10 seconds at the end.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Crossposting from the Serie A thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCW8jMa4Vlg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Dumping Conte in the ice bath is great.

• Locked thread