Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
Bill Burr is right, nerds are horrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
I'm seeing Joey Diaz live tomorrow. Does anyone that has been to his live shows know if he sells merch afterwards? With Joey, I could see it going either way.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I saw Joey at a storytellers gig w/ Ari Shaffir once and there wasn't any merch that I was aware of. But that might be because it was a bunch of people, who knows :confuoot:

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I've liked the Pointless shows so far. But the most recent one with one of Kevin's scientists buddies dropping the fact the fact that he's Libertarian every 5 minutes and half the show spent talking about bitcoins was not enjoyable.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Pocket Billiards posted:

I've liked the Pointless shows so far. But the most recent one with one of Kevin's scientists buddies dropping the fact the fact that he's Libertarian every 5 minutes and half the show spent talking about bitcoins was not enjoyable.

I have listened to all episodes bar the last 3. There's just something I find really irritating about the show and Kevin. I can't put my finger on it. So I've given up trying to crack this life mystery and I'm not going to listen any more.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Joey Diaz live was awesome. After the show he came out and smoked/told stories with the 10 or so people that stayed behind, he hung around for about an hour. It was just like sitting in on a podcast, really surreal.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009

toggle posted:

I have listened to all episodes bar the last 3. There's just something I find really irritating about the show and Kevin. I can't put my finger on it. So I've given up trying to crack this life mystery and I'm not going to listen any more.

He tries too hard.

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

Birthday Cake posted:

Joey Diaz live was awesome. After the show he came out and smoked/told stories with the 10 or so people that stayed behind, he hung around for about an hour. It was just like sitting in on a podcast, really surreal.

I'm jealous. I've always hated live podcasts but the couple he's done have been great. Hope he comes out this way at some point.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
Alright - seriously, how many bitcoins do yall think Rogan owns?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

bigperm posted:

Alright - seriously, how many bitcoins do yall think Rogan owns?

either none, because he fears them deeply, or the equivalent to $10k, because he doesn't understand them deeply.

You can't buy nootropics, corvettes or led zepplin records with them, so probably none.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
But you can buy steroids and DMT.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

well why not posted:

either none, because he fears them deeply, or the equivalent to $10k, because he doesn't understand them deeply.

You can't buy nootropics, corvettes or led zepplin records with them, so probably none.

Silk road uses bit coins.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/01/alex-jones-detained-by-tsa-prior-to-piers-morgan-interview-153581.html

Wonder if Joe'll have Alex on the show soon so he and Brian can gang up on him like they did Ari?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
YA gently caress

*exhales deeply*

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

*phlegmy Joey Diaz cough*

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

If Joe Rogan goes down in the history books as the first man to discover a Bigfoot, it would be the most perfect thing ever.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I dunno. What if Eddie Bravo finally gained access to the akashic records?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
It's the weirdest thing when Joe starts playing devil's advocate for a subject with a guest, and then later carry a torch for the same topic with someone else.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 15, 2013

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
It's hard to keep track of what fake personality you're assuming that week

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
"If I were more conspiracy minded, I might say...."

That Neil Degrasse Tyson was the worst poo poo ever. I kept skipping ahead in 15 minute increments trying to get past the embarrassing moon landing chat, and would keep stopping at Joe saying "If I were the type to believe that it was a hoax, I'd say...."

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Whenever Joe has a real scientist on, I get excited because it forces Joe to acknowledge how unfounded and silly his beliefs sound when he's around somebody who actually has some background knowledge on the subject at hand.

I am going to perpetually cum for hours on end if that debate between Peter Duesberg and a real scientist actually happens.

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN
I just saw a picture of Redban for the first time. He was much more charming when I pictured him as a dorky 20 something :stare:

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

NewtGoongrich posted:

I just saw a picture of Redban for the first time. He was much more charming when I pictured him as a dorky 20 something :stare:

He is also like nearly 40 yrs old.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Joey Diaz is going to be on Artie Lange's show tomorrow. I bet those two guys could trade stories for days.

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
they could also be stunt doubles for eachother

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I'm always impressed by the dates and details that Joey Diaz remembers when telling stories, so many times they sound like bullshit but then he drops a verifiable fact in the middle of it that they check on later and it's dead on.

Anyone listen to his podcast? Thoughts?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I'm always impressed by the dates and details that Joey Diaz remembers when telling stories, so many times they sound like bullshit but then he drops a verifiable fact in the middle of it that they check on later and it's dead on.

Anyone listen to his podcast? Thoughts?

It's great. Maybe not for every episode, but it's basically all you love about Joey Diaz but in his own environment and way less stupid/silliness of the JRE. If you want a great recent one, get the live show with Bert Kreisher.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Demie posted:

they could also be stunt doubles for eachother

Are you referring to Joey Diaz's resemblance to Artie Lange, or Rogan's resemblance to a dwarf Bigfoot?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

TwistedNails posted:

He is also like nearly 40 yrs old.

He also fucks playmates..

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

toggle posted:

He also fucks playmates..

Penthouse Pets but whatever, he owns.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Can anyone point me to the Artie Lange/Joey Diaz podcast?

Latest Joey Diaz one is 15/05 and is the Onnit labs guy.

Latest Artie Lange is 15/05 too and the description is 'hour 1', 'hour 2', etc.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

http://www.artielangeshow.com/

Looks like it's not until 2AM eastern time, not quite sure when it's uploaded.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obnfiShqsFg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFoC9QPduKc

Yessss

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker
I'm finally at the stage where I'm bored of the JRE and only drop in for Triple-A guests. Since December 2011 I've listened to literally every episode (okay, maybe I skipped a couple) since my work has tremendous latitude with regard to iPods, so it's been a great run, but like people in this thread used to say (and that I internally dismissed), he's basically covered all ground he's possible of covering, and there's nothing he can possibly say that I haven't heard before.

Still, off the back of the JRE I listen to The Drunken Taoist (Daniele Bolelli), Tangentially Speaking (Chris Ryan) and of course The Duncan Trussell Family Hour, so definitely been worth it. I tried the Skeptic Tank (Ari Shaffir) but Ari's such an exceptionally bad interviewer that I can't stomach it.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

ZeroDays posted:

I'm finally at the stage where I'm bored of the JRE and only drop in for Triple-A guests. Since December 2011 I've listened to literally every episode (okay, maybe I skipped a couple) since my work has tremendous latitude with regard to iPods, so it's been a great run, but like people in this thread used to say (and that I internally dismissed), he's basically covered all ground he's possible of covering, and there's nothing he can possibly say that I haven't heard before.

Still, off the back of the JRE I listen to The Drunken Taoist (Daniele Bolelli), Tangentially Speaking (Chris Ryan) and of course The Duncan Trussell Family Hour, so definitely been worth it. I tried the Skeptic Tank (Ari Shaffir) but Ari's such an exceptionally bad interviewer that I can't stomach it.

Try checking out Your Moms House, Tom Segura's podcast. It's real fun and lighthearted with a good back catalog of guests. Bert's podcast is pretty good too if you like him.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Ugh, I can't stand Your Mom's House. Tom isn't too bad, but I just find Kristina (sp?) grating as gently caress. I still listen to the JRE every now and then, depending on the guest, but I mainly tune into Bert's (who I can't get enough of), Pointless, the older episodes of Talk poo poo (when Jim Jefferies was still there), and Bill Burr's (my first adventure into podcasts) . I've listened to a handful of TDTFH and enjoy it, but don't love it. I honestly think people give Joe too much poo poo. Yeah, after a point, you've heard everything he has to say, but I listen to podcasts 90%of the time I'm at work and I know I can always dig through his back catalogue and find something to help pass the day. Have I moved on from being an active fan? Yes. Has his podcast provided days of entertainment, as well as led me to finding more, better podcasts? gently caress yes.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I never thought I'd like Bert, but he has turned into one of my favorite guests, he's just so easy going and silly, which is not the impression you get just by looking at him. His ep on Pete Holmes' You Made it Weird is probably my favorite one. He's just a big goof, like a big dumb dog.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
I enjoy Bert when he's on other people's podcasts, but avoid his own. He talks waaay too much about himself (and interrupts the guests to do so) and talks about/involves his family way too much. He needs to realize his family is only funny and interesting to him, not to the people listening. I like Joe's approach of never talking about his family. That being said, I download Bertcast when there's a guest on that I like, but I won't listen to every episode the way that I do some others. I feel the same about Pointless, but find Kevin a little hyper and feel that he "performs" (if that makes sense) too much instead of just having a relaxed conversation with a guest. I think his super-specific and sometimes obscure references to things will sometimes go over a guest's head.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Bert's such a sweetheart though.

Ari's is a bit of struggle to listen to, even with a good guest. Just the way he loses track of the conversation over and over again and will just abruptly interrupt the guest mid sentence about it - "Wait, what..... we were talking about something before I forgot blahblahblah.."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Freddie Lockhart's "Whats Good?" used to be my favourite podcast i found via JRE That is when he was with Redban, now he is on the Toadhop network it's awful, he has like 6 people in the studio and everyone talks over eachother.