Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ToastFaceKillah posted:

Did you just throw them all together like they were going to remember each other and be bffs? Seperate them.

I guess so yeah, we had seperate rooms for the parents and the child to have their litter box/meat-dish/sleeping area but we let them mingle for a while in our living room when Roxy/Rover first got in the house. Like I say they were fine with each other till their owners had gone for an hour or so.

Edit: Thanks El Gar, probably a bit too desperate to crap out an essay without being thorough with the op. There certainly wasn't any blood, a little but of DB's fur left on the ground, sure but that's the only leftover sign of any tussle. It's just y'know as soon as I saw one chasing the other and heard the yelps I thought murder was going on.

Ramagamma fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Ramagamma posted:

heard the yelps I thought murder was going on.

Cats are the worst drama queens.

four lean hounds
Feb 16, 2012

El Gar posted:

Cats are the worst drama queens.

Agreed. My household is currently enduring the major butthurt of the cat that just got his back nails clipped. I even gave you double treats for it, cat!

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Stroop There It Is posted:

I'm glad she came back, Atoramos. :unsmith:

Yeah uh my one-year-old neutered cat only kneads when he finds a soft blanket he wants to hump, especially fleece. He was already neutered by 6 months, when I adopted him, so I have no idea where this came from. :confused: I guess now I just can't leave those blankets out unattended...

There's an uncommon condition where a testicle is undescended or they leave a piece behind. Does his urine smell of un-neutered tom? You might want to ask a vet to check if you think they might have missed something.

motherfish
Nov 11, 2005

Crappp how fast does fleas latch onto a cat? My cat suddenly started twitching his tail/back while running around and licking and scratching himself every now and then and I think maybe I brought in some fleas from my work boots today? We do have a lot of wild hares around where I work....Do they really just need some hours or was this most likely prompted by something else? I did order a fuzzy cat tree some days ago maybe it arrived with that.

I feel so bad for him he's obviously very agitated about not being able to relax properly :(

Can I get good flea-killing items from the pharmacy or do I need to go the vet for the good stuff right away?

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Ratzap posted:

There's an uncommon condition where a testicle is undescended or they leave a piece behind. Does his urine smell of un-neutered tom? You might want to ask a vet to check if you think they might have missed something.

Unfortunately I have known lots of neutered cats who hump and get little cat erections on soft things.

motherfish posted:

Crappp how fast does fleas latch onto a cat? My cat suddenly started twitching his tail/back while running around and licking and scratching himself every now and then and I think maybe I brought in some fleas from my work boots today? We do have a lot of wild hares around where I work....Do they really just need some hours or was this most likely prompted by something else? I did order a fuzzy cat tree some days ago maybe it arrived with that.

I feel so bad for him he's obviously very agitated about not being able to relax properly :(

Can I get good flea-killing items from the pharmacy or do I need to go the vet for the good stuff right away?

I think you're jumping to conclusions. Get a really fine-toothed comb and brush through the bottom of his hair, all over him. If you see little black specks on the comb, that's flea poop and that's a sign of fleas. If not, he's probably just got an itch. Did you buy a used cat tree? A new one shouldn't come with fleas.

Basically, cats do poo poo like that for funsies so I wouldn't panic. Don't get flea meds from the store, especially not Hartz products. Advantage is one okay brand and I forget the other one (someone help me out?) but really just get a flea comb and check first.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Ratzap posted:

Next time I bring him in I'll ask them to check. The vet didn't notice anything in his initial visit. I wouldn't know what un-neutered tom urine smells like compared to neutered, since all of our pets but one have been female (and all were spayed/neutered), but it seems like just the normal ammonia smell.

Eggplant Wizard posted:

Unfortunately I have known lots of neutered cats who hump and get little cat erections on soft things.
Yes see I at first thought it was cute ("Oh, this blanket must remind him of his mommy, how adorable!"), and then I noticed the odd movements and then the cat boner. I would have been content never seeing a cat dick in my life, but no. :mad:

His biggest problem right now is that he keeps eating my dog's food. I'm staying with my parents and they won't listen when I tell them that free-feeding our Great Pyr is one of the main reasons she is so fat, so the cat basically has all-hours access to her food bowl in the kitchen. My parents also don't want to restrict access to the room. This is stuff meant for a large dog, so he is now a fat little rear end in a top hat. He'll only eat the food when I'm not in the kitchen now, which is most of the time. I've tried exercise and switching to dry food (since he seems to like it more than the wet stuff I've been giving him), but I'm pretty sure that the dog food is much heavier in carbs--cat fast food? :catstare:--so he can't resist himself.

This issue should resolve itself once I head back to my apartment and he no longer has access, but I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for keeping his fat rear end away from the dog's food.

Picture of dog and cat together because they are buddies and occasionally cuddle:

Braki
Aug 9, 2006

Happy birthday!

Eggplant Wizard posted:

My neutered male cat humps everything he kneads. Sometimes he drools too.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Eggplant Wizard posted:

I think you're jumping to conclusions. Get a really fine-toothed comb and brush through the bottom of his hair, all over him. If you see little black specks on the comb, that's flea poop and that's a sign of fleas. If not, he's probably just got an itch. Did you buy a used cat tree? A new one shouldn't come with fleas.

Basically, cats do poo poo like that for funsies so I wouldn't panic. Don't get flea meds from the store, especially not Hartz products. Advantage is one okay brand and I forget the other one (someone help me out?) but really just get a flea comb and check first.

If you don't have a fine comb a wet paper towel will work as well. It's actually even more obvious because it turns the flea dirt reddish on contact.

But motherfish your cat should be on regular flea meds anyway, so regardless call your vet and ask what they recommend (certain areas have immunities to certain brands). Fleas are way easier and cheaper to prevent than they are to get rid of.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Question: With this foster I received both dry and wet cat foods. To start, I fed her wet food, and shetook to it only a little, eating more and more at each sitting but still not at all a large amount. She truly likes to graze.

I'm concerned about leaving the wet food out for any long period of time that she might take to eat. I'd like to get her on free feeding of dry food, but she seems to barely eat any of it. Only once she did and that's only because she didn't eat her wet food. As far as I can tell she plans to eat whenever she drat well pleases, even if she might plead with me in the morning to feed her.

I'm content to put out wet twice a day and leave it there for a few hours, but since she ate the dry food once, is it safe to assume that if it's there she will eat it eventually?

Will she go on a hunger strike until I open wet food? I just want this kitty to eat since she is still recovering from a surgery.

I take her in to the ASPCA for a checkup on the 8th, and so then I'll find out if she's been normal or under-eating, she's a fairly tiny kitty. Maybe 5 pounds, I'm no good at guessing these things.

Mutter
Nov 20, 2004
I can't even afford 10 fucking dollars.
Is it okay if I blab about my fosters here?

I just got them yesterday, I haven't fostered in ages and I have never had a nursing cat. God they are so tiny. Less than a week old. I'm on super high alert since one kitten dropped 3 grams since they were first weighed by the vet at the shelter. The foster coordinator told me to just make sure she is latching on and that mom is paying attention to all of them. My heart would completely break if we lost one.

She was found huddled under a dryer vent, trying to get some warmth (it has snowed here the last few days.) One of them didn't survive the cold.

So here's the family photo:

This is Peach:

This is Fig:

And this is Olive. She needs to gain some weight!

(lovely quality. Will get a proper camera soon.)

I am trying not to stress out right now but am so concerned about all of them. They are basically right beside my bed so I can keep watch, but I don't think mom has used the litter box yet. She hasn't left the cat carrier. I basically have to stick the bowl right under her face to get her to eat.

I don't want to drag her out and make her poo poo, but if she doesn't go soon....

Posting Principle
Dec 10, 2011

by Ralp
I can't tell if our cat hates us or not. If we're not paying attention to her, she'll come into the room and meow at us. She loves scratches and pets, but she'll never really cuddle or knead or anything, and it's impossible to hold her still for nail trimming. Will she get more used to us, or did we just get an aloof cat?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Our eldest boycat is that way. He loves attention, but it has to be on his terms, and he HATES nail clipping (fortunately, he loves scratchers and is very courteous with his nails). Also you can only pick him up for about 10 seconds before he starts politely trying to get down. I think some cats don't like the sense of their mobility not being entirely within their control?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jerry SanDisky posted:

I can't tell if our cat hates us or not. If we're not paying attention to her, she'll come into the room and meow at us. She loves scratches and pets, but she'll never really cuddle or knead or anything, and it's impossible to hold her still for nail trimming. Will she get more used to us, or did we just get an aloof cat?

My cat always has the be in the room that I'm in but he never really comes close to me or sits in my lap unless he's tired.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

My neighbour's cat loves to sleep in my garden and while the weather has been good I've been put there a lot too and she has started to fuss around me. This is cute but I've noticed two things: when I give her scritches, her skin feels... Crusty? Also she is drat near always licking her butt. Not exaggerating - when not being fused, she licks herself. What, if anything, could this be - and is there any way I could accidentally bring it to my house cat?

four lean hounds
Feb 16, 2012

Quote-Unquote posted:

My neighbour's cat loves to sleep in my garden and while the weather has been good I've been put there a lot too and she has started to fuss around me. This is cute but I've noticed two things: when I give her scritches, her skin feels... Crusty? Also she is drat near always licking her butt. Not exaggerating - when not being fused, she licks herself. What, if anything, could this be - and is there any way I could accidentally bring it to my house cat?

Butt licking could be indicative of worms? Whatever it is, you probably can bring it in to your cats. Wash your hands really well as soon as you get inside, and maybe toss any clothes that the cat rubbed up on in the hamper to wash before you let your cats touch you.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Eggplant Wizard posted:

OK, I'll be content with my lick/nibbler guy then ;) I mentioned it purely because the rescue my mother runs had 3 cats in the last couple of years with exactly that sort of problem. 1 was undescended and the other 2 were borked neuterings, I've never seen a humper in the hundreds of cats we've had through.

Quote-Unquote, which bit does she lick exactly? My cat gets cystitis now and again which makes her try to pee a lot and lick her vagina constantly. Dunno about worms. Crusty skin could lots of things: be rolling in sand, flea dirt?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Our two guys have picked up some fleas from somewhere, how crazy would we be to try and tackle a minor flea infestation without medication? We'd go at it with diatomaceous earth, flea comb, and tons of vacuuming. I've heard tons of horror stories about over-the-counter flea medications poisoning cats, but don't want to pay full retail for the Frontline through the vet.

I've dealt with fleas once before, but I was getting bitten then and it was bad. So far neither I nor my girlfriend have seen any bites on us, and the fleas seem to be concentrating on the poor cats' faces. If I do decide to resort to medication, are Frontline and Advantage 2 both very reputable?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

quote:

Quote-Unquote, which bit does she lick exactly? My cat gets cystitis now and again which makes her try to pee a lot and lick her vagina constantly. Dunno about worms. Crusty skin could lots of things: be rolling in sand, flea dirt?

It looks like her anus to me - it looks very red and inflamed. Also her fur is quite matted, but she doesn't seem to be scratching herself so assuming it's not fleas. My neighbours are kinda jerks so I'm reluctant to say anything unless I'm sure something is wrong.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

What's the best way to find phantom pee? I can smell that somewhere, in my stairwell, a cat has peed, but I can't pinpoint it to clean it. I bought one of those little blacklights from PetCo but it doesn't seem to do anything. It's carpet, so dousing the entire stairway in Nature's Miracle is not optimal.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Weinertron posted:

Our two guys have picked up some fleas from somewhere, how crazy would we be to try and tackle a minor flea infestation without medication? We'd go at it with diatomaceous earth, flea comb, and tons of vacuuming. I've heard tons of horror stories about over-the-counter flea medications poisoning cats, but don't want to pay full retail for the Frontline through the vet.

I've dealt with fleas once before, but I was getting bitten then and it was bad. So far neither I nor my girlfriend have seen any bites on us, and the fleas seem to be concentrating on the poor cats' faces. If I do decide to resort to medication, are Frontline and Advantage 2 both very reputable?

There are actually (safe) generics available now of some name brands (can't remember their names off the top of my head) that are cheaper. Call your vet and ask about the generics and any flea immunities in your area. Do yourself and your cats a huge favor and just get the medication straight away.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
My wife and I were on the way home from getting groceries last night when we saw a small cat by the side of the road drinking from a puddle. We were really close to a busy intersection (31st and 129th in Tulsa at rush hour, not the busiest intersection in Tulsa, but really, really unsafe for animals) and we were concerned, so we pulled up hoping to chase her away from the road. She seemed friendly and approached us, so we went on impulse and grabbed her. The plan was to take her home and keep her isolated and see if we could find the owner if one existed and foster her until we found a better home for her if not.

Honestly I felt pretty guilty about it on the way home. It was a residential area, there's apartments and houses over there and I was thinking it was possible she just got outside, but once we got her home we noticed that she is very pregnant. I mean, probably giving birth within 48 hours pregnant. She can't be more than 9 months old. So, basically, a juvenile outdoor cat so pregnant it is about to give birth drinking from a muddy puddle 4 feet away from a 55mph road. Not feeling so guilty now. I'll keep an eye out on craigslist just in case, but given how hungry she was when we brought her in (we had to take the food away briefly to keep her from choking on it) I'm thinking she was probably dumped when she went into heat or got pregnant, or was just a neighborhood stray that people were periodically feeding.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 4, 2013

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
Kittens incoming you say :kimchi:

Call a vet and let them know your situation in case you end up having to bring her in during labor. Wouldn't be a bad idea to bring her in anyway. Call shelters and see if any is able to help you care for her & kittens & adopt them out eventually assuming you can foster them.

Get a better camera and start a thread whatta pretty girl :swoon:

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
So my foster, who was only eating sparingly for a week ate all of her wet food yesterday, as well as some kibble, over night, in addition to some kibble this morning. I think she's got her appetite back and holy poo poo that's like all of the food she ate the whole time she's been with me.

I think it's safe to assume that she is going to eat when she is drat well pleases and I just plan on feeding her wet at night. Kibble out all day. Is this a sound feeding plan?

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Blimpkin posted:

So my foster, who was only eating sparingly for a week ate all of her wet food yesterday, as well as some kibble, over night, in addition to some kibble this morning. I think she's got her appetite back and holy poo poo that's like all of the food she ate the whole time she's been with me.

I think it's safe to assume that she is going to eat when she is drat well pleases and I just plan on feeding her wet at night. Kibble out all day. Is this a sound feeding plan?

The only issue with free-feeding (leaving unlimited kibble all day) is that whenever it's empty you'll find yourself accosted by a desperate starving cat who has literally never eaten before, ever, why are you so cruel. I'd suggest putting a finite, measured amount of kibble down in the morning (but not right when you wake up because she'll figure that out and wake you up a lot) and a measured amount of wet food at night. What amounts are you feeding her again? And how old is she?

On the whole I think you are worrying too much :)

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Eggplant Wizard posted:

The only issue with free-feeding (leaving unlimited kibble all day) is that whenever it's empty you'll find yourself accosted by a desperate starving cat who has literally never eaten before, ever, why are you so cruel. I'd suggest putting a finite, measured amount of kibble down in the morning (but not right when you wake up because she'll figure that out and wake you up a lot) and a measured amount of wet food at night. What amounts are you feeding her again? And how old is she?

On the whole I think you are worrying too much :)

I'm worrying a lot, and I never thought I'd care this much for this kitty, considering she's terminally ill anyway. I just want her to eat and be merry.

I've always only ever put out small amounts of either, and up until last night she wasn't interested in eating a whole lot, for a while I thought she was only interested in eating certain bits out of the wet food, but since last night I realized that maybe she was just adjusting and finally has.

I'd only plan to free feed small amounts of kibble anyway, just enough to satiate her should she be hungry overnight and through the day, with wet coming at night/evening.

To me, this over thinking is a lot more fun than with my dog growing up, who just ate the same poo poo at the same time every day. We used to joke that he'd be like "What's on the menu tonight??? Kibble? This poo poo again?"

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Blimpkin posted:

I'm worrying a lot, and I never thought I'd care this much for this kitty, considering she's terminally ill anyway. I just want her to eat and be merry.

I've always only ever put out small amounts of either, and up until last night she wasn't interested in eating a whole lot, for a while I thought she was only interested in eating certain bits out of the wet food, but since last night I realized that maybe she was just adjusting and finally has.

I'd only plan to free feed small amounts of kibble anyway, just enough to satiate her should she be hungry overnight and through the day, with wet coming at night/evening.

To me, this over thinking is a lot more fun than with my dog growing up, who just ate the same poo poo at the same time every day. We used to joke that he'd be like "What's on the menu tonight??? Kibble? This poo poo again?"

I guess keep experimenting, then. Give her as much as she'll eat without leaving some by dinnertime, but I really do recommend not topping it up during the day because sweet as she is she will drive you nuts if you make feeding happen on her terms! Trust me! I'm glad you're caring for her so much. It sounds like this whole "fostering" situation is perhaps becoming a misnomer ;) I've just looked back at your other posts and you were worried about leaving wet food out- don't worry. It's fine. She'll eat it eventually, or if she doesn't, that means you can give her a little less at each meal. I'd say it's more normal for cats to graze throughout the day than to eat a whole meal at once like we'd expect, also.

They're very okay with eating the same thing all the time, really. It seems weird to us but they seem to prefer it to having different stuff all the time, and that's rough on their tummies too. I guess some cats might like variety but vOv most seem to prefer routine.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Quote-Unquote posted:

It looks like her anus to me - it looks very red and inflamed. Also her fur is quite matted, but she doesn't seem to be scratching herself so assuming it's not fleas. My neighbours are kinda jerks so I'm reluctant to say anything unless I'm sure something is wrong.

Sounds like she's pretty uncomfortable really and probably needs a vet visit. Persuading disinterested owners to do something can be more than a bist difficult though. Try talking to them if possible or is there a charity or animal service you could ring? Here in the UK there's the SPCA who have some limited powers to intervene if owners will not look after animals.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
I really lucked out with this, I just wanted a fun little cuddly kitty who wanted me as much as I wanted her, and got exactly that. She'll never be eligible for adoption so basically the ASPCA is "paying" me to just be her friend. I would pay them at this point.

Also, I've wanted a cat for maybe 2 years or so, and though she won't be here forever, it's the best acclimation experience I could have asked for.

I plan to only leave kibble out all day to serve for snacking, if she finishes it I'm not inclined to fill it up again, and there's only enough that if she did get hungry and eat it all, she'd be okay with not eating any more. I also prefer to leave the kibble out all night because if she eats at night, in the morning she'll be happier to see me, as opposed to associating my appearance in the day with food in her belly.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Blimpkin posted:

I really lucked out with this, I just wanted a fun little cuddly kitty who wanted me as much as I wanted her, and got exactly that. She'll never be eligible for adoption so basically the ASPCA is "paying" me to just be her friend. I would pay them at this point.

Also, I've wanted a cat for maybe 2 years or so, and though she won't be here forever, it's the best acclimation experience I could have asked for.

I plan to only leave kibble out all day to serve for snacking, if she finishes it I'm not inclined to fill it up again, and there's only enough that if she did get hungry and eat it all, she'd be okay with not eating any more. I also prefer to leave the kibble out all night because if she eats at night, in the morning she'll be happier to see me, as opposed to associating my appearance in the day with food in her belly.

Okay that's fine. Some people just leave a thing of dry food out all the time and top it up whenever it's empty so that's what I thought you meant :)

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
I just switched over to Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Litter after World's Best for 2.5 years because there was SO MUCH DUST. It's clay cat litter and doesn't seem to track, but after reading that clay can be harmful when inhaled, I'm a starting to get concerned. Anyone have any thoughts about clay cat litter, specifically Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat?

Thanks.

DoggesAndCattes
Aug 2, 2007

Hand of the King posted:

I just switched over to Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Litter after World's Best for 2.5 years because there was SO MUCH DUST. It's clay cat litter and doesn't seem to track, but after reading that clay can be harmful when inhaled, I'm a starting to get concerned. Anyone have any thoughts about clay cat litter, specifically Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat?

Thanks.

I have been using Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Ultra Clumping Cat Litter for the last six months with no problems. I prefer it over the Arm & Hammer brand and any store brand. I have noticed it to be much less dustier when cleaning and replacing, and I think that would be more beneficial to the cat's respiratory system as well as their eyes. So far, I haven't noticed any behavioral problems or had any situations where they needed to go to the veterinarian. Also, there's a chain store in Indiana called Pet Supplies Plus that sells 40 pound bags for 13 dollars. Can't beat that price for the amount and quality.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh my god how do I trim cat claws. Every time I try to expose my cat's nails he pulls his paw away from me and keeping that up makes him run off. I tried Gar's strategy and it was a total failure (he does not like being held and is also sharp). How else am I supposed to get him to stay still and let me clip his claws!?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Pollyanna posted:

Oh my god how do I trim cat claws. Every time I try to expose my cat's nails he pulls his paw away from me and keeping that up makes him run off. I tried Gar's strategy and it was a total failure (he does not like being held and is also sharp). How else am I supposed to get him to stay still and let me clip his claws!?

My strategy is to handle the cat for longer periods of time until it gets used to it, but for cats that can't be handled at all, look for pics of a "cat burrito".

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009
I try and catch them when they're sleeping - I can usually get a couple of claws before they wake up enough to get annoyed.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh god kitty does not like burrito :supaburn:

We played with his balls for like an hour and he is panting like hell and he STILL meows for me to BALL BALL WANNA PLAY BALL. God drat this cat is nuts :gonk:

At least he'll sleep for a long time.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Pollyanna posted:

We played with his balls for like an hour

1) That's mega weird
2) Please neuter your cat that would probably calm him down way more than, uh, whatever you're doing now.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

Mad Pino Rage posted:

I have been using Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Ultra Clumping Cat Litter for the last six months with no problems. I prefer it over the Arm & Hammer brand and any store brand. I have noticed it to be much less dustier when cleaning and replacing, and I think that would be more beneficial to the cat's respiratory system as well as their eyes. So far, I haven't noticed any behavioral problems or had any situations where they needed to go to the veterinarian. Also, there's a chain store in Indiana called Pet Supplies Plus that sells 40 pound bags for 13 dollars. Can't beat that price for the amount and quality.

Okay, I was sort of thinking the same the less dusty litter would be better for the cat even if clay litter is harmful when ingested or inhaled.

Does anyone worry about cats inhaling clay litter dust?

http://cats.about.com/cs/litterbox/a/clumpingclay_2.htm

^^^ This is freaking me out.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

El Gar posted:

1) That's mega weird
2) Please neuter your cat that would probably calm him down way more than, uh, whatever you're doing now.

You don't get it man. He looooooves them balls. HE CAN'T STOP NOW MAN THESE BALLS ARE ON FIRE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
Sometimes it takes two people to clip a cat's nails. Personally, I shove Ollie between the couch and me and go to town as fast as possible. I get bitten a lot, though :v:. One of my more crankier cats we leave her as is and pick up her paw and have someone feed her treats while we're doing it, because otherwise she gets really mad.