Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Really good 2 games so far. Both Alternate and Giants have brainfarted quite a bit, but the matches have had a ton of mechanical skill and split second decision making that made them very fun to watch. Really pumped for this last game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

DolphinCop posted:

The best global ultimate use was on Crs that one time they failed to kill Zuna's kog maw like six times in a row with nocturne shen combos.

What game was this? I'd like to watch it.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Haha, the announcers are trashing this Game 5's pace

NA announcers should learn from this, they're doing a good job given both teams are giant chickens

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 5, 2013

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
This match is hilarious. 2500+ gold from TF's passive at this point.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

When this fight finally comes, the stream is going to go down.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Goop posted:

When this fight finally comes, the stream is going to go down.

Stop it you warlock :mad:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Yeah, this game is loving boring. Yeesh

that ending was really cool though, this is what happens when you waste a 10k gold lead for 20+ minutes

stump collector fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 5, 2013

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Oh my loving god forellen lord is good as hell.

e: What a ballsy loving baron.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
That orianna ult :dogstare:

then they just get baron and nothing happens :geno:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
This game has been worth following just for listening to the commentators slowly lose their minds

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
gently caress Giants really hard,
Alternate loving owns goddamn,
Get out giants, thank you.

A haiku.

e: Alternate is actually one of my favorite EU teams I'm really happy they made it.

foutre fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 5, 2013

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Are there any professional teams with female members? Just hit me that I have never seen a woman amongst one of these teams.

Dengraz
Sep 8, 2003
[empty]
That entire series was ridiculously long and the highlights were really few and far between. I'm really happy to see Alternate go to LCS instead of Giants.

Dengraz fucked around with this message at 22:13 on May 5, 2013

Donald Duck
Apr 2, 2007

DolphinCop posted:

This game has been worth following just for listening to the commentators slowly lose their minds

Poor Deman must be thinking "why me?". He always seems to get the games that go an hour with nothing happening.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
Good job ALTERNATE !

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Jayisspecial posted:

Are there any professional teams with female members? Just hit me that I have never seen a woman amongst one of these teams.

There are Diamond-level female players (edit: who publicly stream and whatnot and are personalities in the "scene"), but AFAIK no LCS-qualified team has female players or subs at the moment. I'm not QUITE sure about every team in the qualifier.

Pro gaming is still largely a boy's game, sadly.

Anyway, goddamn Alternate. :allears: They were so happy to actually win. Looking forward to seeing them in the summer split.

EDIT: Just checked, nope, not a single woman in any team in the qualifiers according to the rosters on Leaguepedia.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 22:18 on May 5, 2013

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
I think TPA had a female substitute. At least I remember seeing a woman on one of their team posters at worlds.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jayisspecial posted:

Taipei Assassin's had a female sub during Season 2, she's now on Taipei Snipers as a sub. She's only played maybe a game or two during a tournament in her entire 2-year career with Taipei

e: She's played one tournament LAN game as support, they lost. I hate to say she's just there for publicity since TPA are one of the best teams in the world, but she's on all their promotion stuff and does a ton of interviews even though she's only played a handful of game publically for TPA/TPS

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 5, 2013

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I'm really glad Alternate made it to LCS. Giants were destined for another underwhelming season and it would have been boring to have them around again.

BrainToad
Dec 31, 2008

Savage Cracker posted:

I think TPA had a female substitute. At least I remember seeing a woman on one of their team posters at worlds.

Their B team, TPS has a female sub and she was TPA's sub before that. There is more female managers than actual players though.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Giants were the most underwhelming team during the LCS, but I still was hoping they'd win. For some reason teams with players who shout whenever they're ganking, annoy the poo poo out of me. I'm not entirely sure who's doing it from Alternate (the jungler?) but I really wish he'd stop. I already have a team whom I dislike for this very reason, thank you very much.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003

Jayisspecial posted:

I really think it would be tough for a female progamer at this stage given the living with your team which most parents wouldn't go for unless it was an all girls team, and the lol community is not that far off from the sexism prevalent among the fans like the fighting game community. We're talking about mostly teenage boys here so you really can't expect much in way of maturity, therefore incredibly difficult for a girl gamer to get respect. Hard enough for a female shoutcaster, actually are there any female shoutcaster besides the interviewer for the EU LCS?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

IBentMyWookie posted:

I really think it would be tough for a female progamer at this stage given the living with your team which most parents wouldn't go for unless it was an all girls team, and the lol community is not that far off from the sexism prevalent among the fans like the fighting game community. We're talking about mostly teenage boys here so you really can't expect much in way of maturity, therefore incredibly difficult for a girl gamer to get respect. Hard enough for a female shoutcaster, actually are there any female shoutcaster besides the interviewer for the EU LCS?

In a recent Dominate Dominion tournament, we brought in a new female caster who was super nervous and ended up disconnecting after the first round. The stream chat was full of "BRING BACK THE SEXY GIRL CASTER"

:smithicide:

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Mierenneuker posted:

For some reason teams with players who shout whenever they're ganking, annoy the poo poo out of me. I'm not entirely sure who's doing it from Alternate (the jungler?) but I really wish he'd stop.
Yeah it's Araenae, the jungler. He's actually a cool guy to have around (he was an analyst on the EU LCS desk for a couple of weeks in the early season) and is very passionate but level headed about the game. I actually think it's good to have people like that around the scene, with personality and unique traits, because it makes it more interesting. Giants always came across as a very boring team with no identifying traits and it made it hard to care about them at all, which is a really bad thing.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I just finished watching the Game 5 because I had it on delay while I was out this afternoon. gently caress man Forellenlord is incredible. It's going to be crazy to see another absolute top flight mid lane player in the EU LCS. Europe is so rich for mid lane talent.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Wasn't Forellenlord the guy who at one point had a 3k Elo rating during season 2 ? Of course the difference between 3k Elo and 2400 Elo may not be as a dramatic as it is at lower ratings what with the whole very few players that play at those levels, but still he has to be mechanically really loving good to get there.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Savage Cracker posted:

Wasn't Forellenlord the guy who at one point had a 3k Elo rating during season 2 ? Of course the difference between 3k Elo and 2400 Elo may not be as a dramatic as it is at lower ratings what with the whole very few players that play at those levels, but still he has to be mechanically really loving good to get there.

Yes he is, and I think it's the opposite, the difference between 2400 and 3000 is like exponentially extreme. Just thinking about someone getting that high of an ELO is absurd. I remember seeing some of his streams back then and he was so technically amazing. He looks even better now but I haven't seen him play in months.

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga

Libertine posted:

Yes he is, and I think it's the opposite, the difference between 2400 and 3000 is like exponentially extreme. Just thinking about someone getting that high of an ELO is absurd. I remember seeing some of his streams back then and he was so technically amazing. He looks even better now but I haven't seen him play in months.

ATN is arguably the most technically talented team who went through the qualifiers. All their players are just sooo good individually.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

inthesto posted:

In a recent Dominate Dominion tournament, we brought in a new female caster who was super nervous and ended up disconnecting after the first round. The stream chat was full of "BRING BACK THE SEXY GIRL CASTER"

:smithicide:

Sjokz gets a ton of that poo poo in EU, it's creepy and weird.

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008
That happens on any livestream, honestly. The company I used to work for ran event livestreams with a healthy number of viewers. Sexism, objectification, and all manner of nasty things were said when there was a reasonably good-looking female onscreen and for a while after they left.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
The same glitch happened again, first blood to somebody and gold bonus to another guy. Death at the same exact time.

Unbelievable

e:aksn1per vs Aniratak
This match. They announced another rematch and that last one doesn't count, same as yesterday.

Shmoogy fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 6, 2013

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Schiavona posted:

Sjokz gets a ton of that poo poo in EU, it's creepy and weird.

It's really sad because Sjokz is really classy and quick-witted and knowledgeable and pretty much a fantastic interviewer/host along all relevant criteria? But nope let's get the creepy drooling going.

rhazes
Dec 17, 2006

Reduce the rectal spread!
Use glory holes instead!

An official message from the British Columbia Centre for Disease Control

Jonny Angel posted:

It's really sad because Sjokz is really classy and quick-witted and knowledgeable and pretty much a fantastic interviewer/host along all relevant criteria? But nope let's get the creepy drooling going.

Not going to lie, she's cute so I pay a little bit more attention to her than I would otherwise. But it's nice to see that after she finishes interviewing someone and they move to a further camera showing the whole EU LCS stage, she's still talking with the person she just interviewed, often they're both laughing or looking cheerful. She's great and redeems (in my opinion) some of the fairly brutal accents present in EU LCS.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

rhazes posted:

Not going to lie, she's cute so I pay a little bit more attention to her than I would otherwise. But it's nice to see that after she finishes interviewing someone and they move to a further camera showing the whole EU LCS stage, she's still talking with the person she just interviewed, often they're both laughing or looking cheerful. She's great and redeems (in my opinion) some of the fairly brutal accents present in EU LCS.

If you follow her twitter, she's often hanging out with players outside of the studio. She did a whole shopping spree with Fnatic's nRated.

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga

rhazes posted:

...some of the fairly brutal accents present in EU LCS.

I really like this way of putting it. I didn't actually realize there was like, a preshow to LCS. I've only seen the games. What else do they do?

rhazes
Dec 17, 2006

Reduce the rectal spread!
Use glory holes instead!

An official message from the British Columbia Centre for Disease Control

Schiavona posted:

If you follow her twitter, she's often hanging out with players outside of the studio. She did a whole shopping spree with Fnatic's nRated.

I'm going to go find this.

semicolonsrock posted:

I really like this way of putting it. I didn't actually realize there was like, a preshow to LCS. I've only seen the games. What else do they do?

There's mini interviews with players/managers from LCS teams, players from other teams providing a little analysis/commentary from their perspective in between games, pre- and post-game commentary and discussion of picks/bans, strategies, etc. I'm assuming you don't skip over the pick/ban part of the game though.

But I can't stand the one EU LCS caster with a strong English accent. Most others are okay, especially given their non-native command of English, and they aren't LCS players because of their english skill anyways, so that is understandable.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Both English LCS casters have strong accents but they are different strong accents and I love them both. Joe's got that lovely twang that just makes everything he says sound a little bit snarkier, and Deman always sounds like he's one sentence away from inviting you over to the pub for a pint or two.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I can't believe this bestrivenna tourney is still going on. I like how the summoner spells have evolved from ignite/exhaust to barrier/ignite and now teleport/barrier.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
:woop: MegaZero is Best Riven NA! :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
LCS resumed and SNS are dominating aAa right now.

• Locked thread