Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

JesustheDarkLord posted:

It's like every opinion you have is awful.

I'll poo poo on a South Carolina fan at every opportunity but I must say, he has a point. The orange....it isn't good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Any new pop-ups on cheap jersey sites? Most of the ones listed on this thread don't work anymore. There's basically just yukijersey/whatjersey & fanscheapjerseys. I've never ordered from fanscheapjerseys, but I have from whatjersey and I know they take about 2 months to receive in the mail after ordering.

I've also had really bad luck in ordering the past couple of jerseys. I ordered a white LeSean McCoy Nike jersey and ordered the same size as my Reebok that used to fit alright. Well, it's gigantic and unless I want to wear it almost as a dress, it's not doable to wear it in public only being 5'10". Of course, whatjersey's customer service is non-existent, so I couldn't return it or even get a response from them. So, then I got a size 44 Ray Lewis jersey and then proceeded to lose 30 pounds and now it's a little too big. So, I gotta roll the dice on the only smaller size, the smallest size, a size 40. I imagine if I order from whatjersey again, I should be down another 10-15 pounds by the time 2 months rolls around before I get it in the mail.

If only the official jerseys weren't so drat expensive :(

89 fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 5, 2013

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I've used http://www.christmas-jersey.com for a year and a half or so and have had no complaints. Shipping time has been something like two or three weeks.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Chimeric posted:

I've used http://www.christmas-jersey.com for a year and a half or so and have had no complaints. Shipping time has been something like two or three weeks.

Holy mother of god, their Seahawks 'elite' jerseys are just atrocious.

Were you ordering Reebok or Nike jerseys?

edit: I guess the 'game' jerseys are their top end ones? Those seem to only have stock photos.

http://www.christmas-jersey.com/views/?2012-NEW-NFL-Seattle-Seahawks-3-Russell-Wilson-Black-Jerseys-(Impact-Limited)-29025.html
This HAS to be an Oregon jersey knockoff that was recycled.

Schwack fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 5, 2013

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I've ordered both Nike and Reebok and they looked close enough to authentic that the average fan on the street wouldn't know the difference. The only thing that was noticeable to me was that the knock-off Nikes weren't quite as dark as the real deal, though that could be an issue unique to the Colts jerseys.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Chimeric posted:

Hmm

http://www.christmas-jersey.com/products/?White-Sox-s823_p1.html

Vaya con Dios!!!
Aug 14, 2006

TG-Chrono posted:

Just in case you didn't hate the new jags helmets enough.

They should bring the helmets to So Cal and have some car shop give 'em a 10 layer coating of pearlescent color-shifting paint. Yeah.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The Nike store has $15 Tebow elite jets jerseys. I'm so tempted.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

davecrazy posted:

The Nike store has $15 Tebow elite jets jerseys. I'm so tempted.

Is that at the local stores only? The website is still showing it at 250. I'm not a jets fan or a fan of tebow but that's a fantastic price

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The Nike Outlet down the Jersey shore. They also have about two racks worth of Tebow/jets themed tshirts.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

davecrazy posted:

The Nike Outlet down the Jersey shore. They also have about two racks worth of Tebow/jets themed tshirts.

for 15 I'd pick one up, especially if I had a Favre jersey.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
While I was getting the new Dolphins and Jags logos for Eliminator I noticed one more thing, did anyone notice that the Vikings logo was tweaked too? Or "EVOLVED" apparently:

quote:

1. Horn Shape: The shape of the horns has been adjusted and the shading in the horns has changed.
2. Horn Base: The base of the horn now resembles the horn on the players’ helmets.
3. Face Detail: Thicker lines have been added to the mustache and face.
4. Vikings Gold: The Vikings Gold is now brighter and less brassy.
5. The Braid: The braid has been shortened, resulting in a reduced logo height.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

japtor posted:

While I was getting the new Dolphins and Jags logos for Eliminator I noticed one more thing, did anyone notice that the Vikings logo was tweaked too? Or "EVOLVED" apparently:

They didn't make a big deal about the logo change, it is still recognizeable as the Vikings logo, but they changed the shade of yellow, made the horns more consistent with the horns on the helmet, and added thicker lines for printing. The rationale was that the logo would be used heavily in the new stadium, so if they were ever going to change it, then now was the time.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

For those of you who love gradients

Only registered members can see post attachments!

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
The Packers circled number alternates that everyone agrees is the league's best jersey is living another year. They're wearing them when they play the Browns in October. Two of my favorite uniforms on the same field? :getin:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

When the whole uniform uses a gradient as a motif it seems less awful. These look dumb, but in a weird way it works because it's consistently dumb all over instead of having different sections not match up with each other.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

ASU and U of A are in an arms race to see who can develop the dumbest looking gradient. I'll give U of A credit if they avoid a completely unnecessary black jersey.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
The blue jersey looks better I think-- the gradient pulls off a sunset-looking thing.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

I need one of these.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Qwijib0 posted:

The blue jersey looks better I think-- the gradient pulls off a sunset-looking thing.

I kind of like the look of the stepped gradient, better than a smooth one at least.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Qwijib0 posted:

Nice to see Fubu getting in the College Football jersey game.

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
Nike must be stopped.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Gendo posted:

Nike must be stopped.
It has just begun :getin:

(stay the hell away from the Raiders :ohdear:)

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
Video to be used for Ohio State's release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzgDKm4ob2g

(2:10 has the magical Sept 12, 2009 pre-game moment when the sousaphone player hits the cameraman).

Gendo posted:

Nike must be stopped.

Also this.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Wario Kart 64 posted:

The Packers circled number alternates that everyone agrees is the league's best jersey is living another year. They're wearing them when they play the Browns in October. Two of my favorite uniforms on the same field? :getin:

super dope

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!
I really wish the Browns would break out our super old throwback. It'd be cool to see them out there in a plain white helmet in the old school jerseys with the brown numbers that had a orange shadow effect.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Gendo I'm curious as to what uniforms, especially more recent ones, you think are most successful.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Would TFF be interested in organizing some kind of big order with Christmas jerseys so we all save $20 on shipping?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I miss old gold. :(

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

89 posted:

Would TFF be interested in organizing some kind of big order with Christmas jerseys so we all save $20 on shipping?
Count me in if you get enough people.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
I'd be down for two.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Rap

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS
I think I can throw $25 or so towards seeing what their version of the new Dolphins jerseys look like. I'd be down.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I would be up for it if they have them in 2xlt or 3xl.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Beer4TheBeerGod - They have them in 2xl. So, roughly an order could look like this:

89 - 2 Jerseys
Beer4theBeerGod - 1 Jersey(?)
Demp - 1 Jersey
Rap - 1 Jersey
Nystral - 2 Jerseys
Japtor - 1 Jersey

That's 8 jerseys. We'd still need 2 more on the order. 10 jerseys after the free shipping, credit card fees, and insurance would bring it to be $264.60 ($26.46 per jersey, maff). I can probably get a couple of friends to go in on the 2 other jerseys. But, we'd still need to compensate for the shipping for the goon who receives the whole order and ships them out to the other goons. I'm not really sure exactly how much it would cost per package. I'd probably be willing to do it as jerseys aren't exactly hard to package (big bubbled envelope probably?). But, I wouldn't mind if somebody else we could all trust did it instead..

I'd just need a way of collecting money from everybody effectively.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I'd like to back out at this point because I just wanted to post my own username. I might get a Mingo but I will have to decide later. Thank you.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'd be down for that too.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I'll order 2. Wouldn't PayPal work?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
PayPal would be good. What have I gotten myself into, heh. What would be a fair price to add for the individual shipping?

And so I'm not spending all day shipping jerseys, I think I'd like to stick to the guys who have claimed a spot already. Including DangerKat and SteelAngel.

89 fucked around with this message at 01:52 on May 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horseblow.avi
Jul 10, 2004

NEEEEIGHHHHH!
They should fit in a USPS priority mail padded envelope or small box. About $6 each. You can get the boxes/envelopes shipped to you for free. Careful though, the next size up jumps to over $12 so it wouldn't be really worth the trouble if they don't fit the smaller boxes.

Dimensions: https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail-flat.htm
Prices: https://www.usps.com/shipping/pm-retail.csv

• Locked thread