Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Even in fanart Suzy is the king of characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
That fan art makes me want to see a crossover where Isabel and Ed throw down against Almond and Peridot.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I don't know if this is considered gauche to do or not but you can see today's update, minus the alt text, at this link right here.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Kai Tave posted:

I don't know if this is considered gauche to do or not but you can see today's update, minus the alt text, at this link right here.

Well, the comic is up on the main site, so I don't see a reason to leech bandwidth from Zack without giving him any ad revenue.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Were they only supposed to be hitting the lower target? Hers was spot on for the "head."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yeah, it must have just gone up. Oh well.

So hey, how 'bout them spectral energy compression projectile burstshots?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Elysiume posted:

Were they only supposed to be hitting the lower target? Hers was spot on for the "head."

No, see, it hit slightly high. Roughly the outer edge of the ring.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

Even in fanart Suzy is the king of characters.

WE HAVE A CHALLENGER

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Anyone else notice that there wasn't anyone shooting a purple, pink or teal ball on the person shooty page, but there is on the shooty hitty page?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
It's possible there are more people lined up for practice but we can't see them because they're too far out of the panel.

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Something's still wrong with this code
I thought that was mister starchman second from the right until i went back and checked his hair.
But now I'm too excited to believe otherwise. :(

ITSSPECTRALENERGYCOMPRESSIONPROJECTILEBURSTSHOTTIMEYESITIS

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I hope Isabel's grandpa owns a bowling alley.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Cool shirt.
I want it.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

shelper posted:

I thought that was mister starchman second from the right until i went back and checked his hair.
You're definitely not the only one.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
I want to give that shirt to my god daughter.

Also, that is totally a bathrobe, not a ghi

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
The alt text is definitely part of the experience to me. Today's is quite good.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Her dojo is very inclusive. It trains Frankenstiens, little girls, animes, 1890's boxers, and 9th grade math teachers.

horriblePencilist posted:

Cool shirt.
I want it.

Yeah, the super girly VIOLENCE shirt has a great Idakoos vibe to it.

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 01:37 on May 7, 2013

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
drat it grandpa, you're too (shonen) anime to drive! Give me your keys.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tupperwarez posted:

But I can do it if I just believe!!

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Fried Chicken posted:

I want to give that shirt to my god daughter.

Also, that is totally a bathrobe, not a ghi

It's his tool. His power is giving zero fucks and other grampa things.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Tupperwarez posted:

I dunno, that kid on Isabel's left has got a way worse case of Shounenitis.

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
So they are doing another show answering questions
http://www.justin.tv/danandzackshow#/w/5600474512/4
Biggest answer so far: (spoilering this just to be careful).
Isaac's lightning spirit would totally beat the magnet snake in a fight. Also no time skip arc or training arc.
Ghost buster type characters will show up

Roxors fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 7, 2013

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
Pelvic Thurst is an all purpose energy drink/male enhancer.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Roxors posted:

Isaac's lightning spirit would totally beat the magnet snake in a fight.

I believe that question was actually about Furio (character from VIBE) vs. the scrapdragon. The stream seems to get a lot of dumb crossover/anime power level questions.

Timid
Dec 13, 2012

Seeing all those spectrals in that one panel have me the chills. The good kind.

Also, grandpa's design is AWESOME. I can already see him being some strong hotshot.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Timid posted:

Also, grandpa's design is AWESOME. I can already see him being some strong hotshot.
He's basically Bathrobe Gouken. I wonder if there's anything written on the back of his robe.

Speaking of Gouken, respect to the guy doing the hadoken pose. Dude's living out his grade school dreams.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Tupperwarez posted:

He's basically Bathrobe Gouken. I wonder if there's anything written on the back of his robe.

Speaking of Gouken, respect to the guy doing the hadoken pose. Dude's living out his grade school dreams.

I get more of a Heihachi vibe. I think it's the mustache.

Just hope there aren't any volcanoes in this town.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
I'm betting grandpa's tool is a broom. For spectral energy yo interact with the straw it needs to be part tool/part spectral. Grandpa having a broom tool and using it to make targets like how ed and Isabel make stuff with theirs makes sense

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Hmm, I'm guessing the anime looking girl to Isabel's left is going to become more than a background character, possibly even a rival to Isabel. She hit dead center with her shot, she and Isabel seem to have more of those bubbles in the center of their shots than anyone else (assuming that means anything), and with that scar on her face and the relative complexity of her outfit (if belt colors mean what they do IRL she should be pretty good) she looks more like she's had time put into her design than most of the rest of the people practicing.

e: Seems the comments section picked up on this faster than I did. What sane person reads comments sections though?

Akett fucked around with this message at 05:53 on May 7, 2013

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Grandpa and Isabel are both Red Spectrals right? Have we seen two of the same color yet? It'd be interesting if things worked out in some kind of color code like reds are usually constructs, blues are more classic elements, etc.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Razorwired posted:

Grandpa and Isabel are both Red Spectrals right? Have we seen two of the same color yet? It'd be interesting if things worked out in some kind of color code like reds are usually constructs, blues are more classic elements, etc.

Except their spectral energy does not determine their powers. Their tools do.

Unless their tools determine their energy color but I don't think it does.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Your way works too posted:

Except their spectral energy does not determine their powers. Their tools do.

Unless their tools determine their energy color but I don't think it does.

You bond with spirits of your color; he's suggesting that spirits' powers tend to be color-coded.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Akett posted:

Hmm, I'm guessing the anime looking girl to Isabel's left is going to become more than a background character, possibly even a rival to Isabel. She hit dead center with her shot, she and Isabel seem to have more of those bubbles in the center of their shots than anyone else (assuming that means anything), and with that scar on her face and the relative complexity of her outfit (if belt colors mean what they do IRL she should be pretty good) she looks more like she's had time put into her design than most of the rest of the people practicing.

e: Seems the comments section picked up on this faster than I did. What sane person reads comments sections though?

Also, the Goku hair indicates she's a medium.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
Just gonna drop this here

*Edit* Woops how'd I forget this part, by JR of Demon Kings during the Vibe/Paranatural/Demon Kings stream jubilee tonight

YES bread fucked around with this message at 07:28 on May 7, 2013

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Akett posted:

Her design is hella neat, reminds me of Makoto from Street Fighter.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

cisneros posted:

Also, the Goku hair indicates she's a medium.

I think that might just be Isaac bonding with his spirit. He said mediums start to look like their spirit as the spirit gets stronger. His hair is starting to look like lighting cloud's eyebrows.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

http://paranatural.net/chapter-4-page-5/

Well Isabel is steadily climbing the ladder into "Favorite Character" zone

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
If the typical spectral can summon energy dolphins, why would they do anything else?

Edit: vvv I meant that it's apparently teachable and doesn't require a tool. Grandpa is obviously rad.

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 11, 2013

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

ThatPazuzu posted:

If the typical spectral can summon energy dolphins, why would they do anything else?

I somehow doubt Grandpa Pai Mei here is a "typical" spectral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Oh man, the alt text on this one is absolutely amazing.