Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Does Pete still have a chance to drop legendaries in UVHM? Because I've only got Seraph gear from him so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Kifisonfire posted:

Does Pete still have a chance to drop legendaries in UVHM? Because I've only got Seraph gear from him so far.

He's dropped a whole one legendary for me, and that as a neogenator.

Has anyone been able to kill voracidous on uvhm yet? I can kill chief ngwatu but as soon as I do all the little midgets show up and everything focus's on me. Plus voracidous gets super damage and it's like having a to fight a rabid stalker on steroids.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
The only way I've been able to kill vora was by abusing the glitch were you go under the arena and shoot his foot with an infinity for 10 minutes. Already got my hawkeye out of it so gently caress doing that again.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Fibby Boy posted:

Has anyone been able to kill voracidous on uvhm yet? I can kill chief ngwatu but as soon as I do all the little midgets show up and everything focus's on me. Plus voracidous gets super damage and it's like having a to fight a rabid stalker on steroids.

Yeah that fight is pretty bullshit through and through.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Fibby Boy posted:

There is a cheap way to fight him. It requires two people to do though. Alternatively, are you looking for the Hawkeye or Interfacer? I have both.

As for the glitch, it will require you to die after you use it (so pack a grenade mod that isn't homing or bouncing), but you can just run back in and collect the loot afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuiN61H8nXI

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 01:22 on May 4, 2013

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

There is a cheap way to fight him. It requires two people to do though. Alternatively, are you looking for the Hawkeye or Interfacer? I have both.

As for the glitch, it will require you to die after you use it, but you can just run back in and collect the loot afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuiN61H8nXI

I was trying to kill him legit by myself. Probably just wait and take another crack at him once I have better weapons.

Edit: I just watched the spawn pod that would have been Vermivorous get hit by a train. God. Damnit.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 4, 2013

ConcreteHades
Dec 27, 2012
Dark, was it the first time he'd have ever spawned for you? Or have ya smooshed the bug before?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

ConcreteHades posted:

Dark, was it the first time he'd have ever spawned for you? Or have ya smooshed the bug before?

It would've been my first ever encounter with Vermivorous.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Fibby Boy posted:

At least you got close to him spawning. I've tried getting him to appear at the Johnson farm in Tundra Express probably a dozen times and the furthest I've gotten is a trio of Ultimate Badass Varkids.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Now I'm feeling just kinda :negative: seeing how easy it is going through UVHM as a Gunzerker after having difficulties with it as a commando.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Fibby Boy posted:

Do you have the Natural Selection Annex? That can be one of the best places to find him, since Ultimate Badasses can spawn straight away in the later rounds.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Some fresh codes from Twitter:
PS3: 5T533-RB6TB-R65WT-H35T3-X96XC
WinPC/Mac: WJKTT-BT9TC-BSFTB-JBT3B-TKJRR
X360: CJCT3-CWFTZ-W5ZJ6-KRT33-WJ539

Not sure how long these will last, Pitchford didn't give details.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
Playing BL2 with goons is the tits. I learned all sorts of new things, like what Twerking is, and what slores are. Plus we came up with Tolkien inspired slang for clitoris. Also :catdrugs:

Anyone know which fibber is the "best"? By which I mean, shits out the most damage. I got a 61 redundant and some powerful slag version, just not sure if I can do better.

Burreeto Burreyeto
Aug 28, 2009

I'm a gay zebra.

KidKrampus posted:

Playing BL2 with goons is the tits. I learned all sorts of new things, like what Twerking is, and what slores are. Plus we came up with Tolkien inspired slang for clitoris. Also :catdrugs:

Anyone know which fibber is the "best"? By which I mean, shits out the most damage. I got a 61 redundant and some powerful slag version, just not sure if I can do better.

I'm pretty sure the Redundant is the highest damage version, but here's a variant chart of the different types http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Fibber/Variant_Chart

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

KidKrampus posted:

Ya baby, me and the ladies (Ethel and Duck) twerk it all night long.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Adregan posted:

Ya baby, me and the ladies (Ethel and Duck) twerk it all night long.

I think you mean Merman and Barnacle Duck.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
I'm tempted to change my username to barnacleduck.

Krampus, the fibber you want is the redundant one and... I'm upset I missed out on that biz

chopstixdiva
Apr 18, 2013
Has anyone heard of or been witness to their eridium upgrades resetting themselves??? Mine did that when I had them almost completely done and now I am pissed. One the same note, any suggestions for who has the best eridium drop?

KidKrampus your the tits!

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Gearbox, I know you're really nerf-happy but please don't touch the Rubi. You might be tempted to nerf it because offhanding one makes a gunzerker practically immortal, but seriously. Don't touch it. :tinfoil:

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Speedboat Jones posted:

Gearbox, I know you're really nerf-happy but please don't touch the Rubi. You might be tempted to nerf it because offhanding one makes a gunzerker practically immortal, but seriously. Don't touch it. :tinfoil:

Congrats, you just jinxed it for everyone. Gearbox trolls this forum; why else has everything good been nerfed? :tinfoil:

All kidding aside, I've never had much success with Moxxi's weapons. Seems like the healing it provides is never enough for my needs.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ShadowedFlames posted:

Congrats, you just jinxed it for everyone. Gearbox trolls this forum; why else has everything good been nerfed? :tinfoil:

All kidding aside, I've never had much success with Moxxi's weapons. Seems like the healing it provides is never enough for my needs.

:smug: My work here is done!

The Rubi is an exception because instead of the normal 2% of all inflicted damage converting to healing, it converts 12% of all damage inflicted to healing while it's equipped. That's why a gunzerker can just offhand it and blast everything with a powerful mainhand gun and stay topped off on health. Or anybody could just equip a Rubi and throw a powerful grenade. Or a melee Zer0/Gaige/Krieg can carry a bladed Rubi and pair it with a strong melee shield.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

When's the soonest we'll know if they're releasing Krieg tomorrow? I've been out of the game cold turkey for about a week now to come back with a fresh POV, and I'm pretty pumped for the new run-through.

jobehaix
Feb 16, 2004

A turtle? Yes, a turtle.
What's the easiest way to level up to 61? I don't have time to play but 4 or 5 hours per week. :(

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

jobehaix posted:

What's the easiest way to level up to 61? I don't have time to play but 4 or 5 hours per week. :(

Just play. I started going through UVHM hosting my lobby to pubbies. By the time I finished with Opportunity I was 61.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

chopstixdiva posted:

Has anyone heard of or been witness to their eridium upgrades resetting themselves??? Mine did that when I had them almost completely done and now I am pissed. One the same note, any suggestions for who has the best eridium drop?

KidKrampus your the tits!

You are literally Moxxi's tits.

Also, I am so trying out the Rubi on my 'zerker this weekend. That sounds fun.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

KidKrampus posted:

You are literally Moxxi's tits.

Also, I am so trying out the Rubi on my 'zerker this weekend. That sounds fun.

Go for a slag one for extra fun. If you want one duped for you I have a level 50 slag Rubi.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

Speedboat Jones posted:

Go for a slag one for extra fun. If you want one duped for you I have a level 50 slag Rubi.

S'alright, I actually got that quest farm-ready for level 61. I'd love to pair it with my fire-butcher for sextastic fun.Which, byt the way, if none of you have tried it yet, double-butchers on a Gunzerker means reloading only rarely (assuming you put points in the right places). And iff anyone has a caustic butcher, I will shower you with gold...and pearlescents.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Father Wendigo posted:

When's the soonest we'll know if they're releasing Krieg tomorrow?

I just checked into this and it looks like it might not be tomorrow. :(

http://www.examiner.com/article/borderlands-2-krieg-the-psycho-dlc-release-date-update-posted

Randy Pitchford on twitter posted:

We announced May and that's turned out to be true. Not May first... A little ways into May. We'll announce an exact date soon!

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

KidKrampus posted:

S'alright, I actually got that quest farm-ready for level 61. I'd love to pair it with my fire-butcher for sextastic fun.Which, byt the way, if none of you have tried it yet, double-butchers on a Gunzerker means reloading only rarely (assuming you put points in the right places). And iff anyone has a caustic butcher, I will shower you with gold...and pearlescents.

next time I'm on, holler at me.

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire.

KidKrampus posted:

If you don't catch delpheye on first, I can give you the caustic butcher as well. I owe you for the hours of amusement you provide for Duck and I :). I have a fire Rubi too, but no slag.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

They're gonna drag out his release as long as they can aren't they?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Fibby Boy posted:

They're gonna drag out his release as long as they can aren't they?

Gaige came out a week earlier than they originally announced so I'm cool with this. I have plenty of other things I can be working on in the meantime.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

drat, I just got done farming a level 0 Hornet off of Kunckledragger. :goleft:

i guess it's back to the coal mines of UVHM with the commando and Gaige for a while. At least I can join the sexy parties again...

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Release date is next week for Krieg. So not much longer.

https://twitter.com/ECHOcasts/status/331528893792141313

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

Release date is next week for Krieg. So not much longer.

https://twitter.com/ECHOcasts/status/331528893792141313

Though I'm happy we finally have a release date for Krieg, I'm a little upset it's not tomorrow.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
14th of May does seem to be stretching the definition of "early" May a tad but oh well, just means I'll be jumping back into BL2 then instead of now.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I picked this up today and have played just a teeny tiny little bit of it and it's been fun. What kind of build would you guys recommend for a Gaige going though the game for the first time?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I picked this up today and have played just a teeny tiny little bit of it and it's been fun. What kind of build would you guys recommend for a Gaige going though the game for the first time?

Your left-most tree is the easy-mode tree; the other two require a teensy bit of finesse.

What's your system/gamertag or PSN handle? I've got some stuff for a new player that might be useful to you.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Left most tree, Best Friends Forever, was designed as the easy mode tree and was there for people who had never played FPS games before. The middle tree, Little Big Trouble, is designed as the elemental tree and buffs the hell out of both your shock capabilities and deathtrap. The right most tree, Ordered Chaos, is the tree designed to challenge players. It's all about high risk/high reward via giving you loads of extra damage at the cost of accuracy.

So basically it all depends on what you want out of Gaige.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Echoing the BFF tree for the first time. First playthrough isn't strict on things like elemental sage and slag, and Deathtrap can murder people really easily. Maybe play around with LBT for a bit more firepower for Gaige instead of relying on DT.

• Locked thread