Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Anyone got a list of Jonathan Lee Riches' appearances? I want to show a friend who that dude is and the wiki on their site is a pain to use.

E: Nevermind, I managed to beat the wiki into submission. Here it is http://uhhyeahdude.com/index.php/wiki/Jonathan_Lee_Riches/

Boatswain fucked around with this message at 13:06 on May 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brinstar Brew
Aug 8, 2007

Who's the guy in the Victorian diving apparatus?

Boatswain posted:

Anyone got a list of Jonathan Lee Riches' appearances? I want to show a friend who that dude is and the wiki on their site is a pain to use.

E: Nevermind, I managed to beat the wiki into submission. Here it is http://uhhyeahdude.com/index.php/wiki/Jonathan_Lee_Riches/

I wikied him out curiosity and found:

His release date was April 30, 2012.[3] He was arrested for violating his federal probation in December, 2012, when he left the Eastern District of the state of Pennsylvania without permission. He allegedly drove to Connecticut and impersonated the uncle of Adam Lanza, the shooter in the Sandy Hook Elementary School incident.[4]

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Brinstar Brew posted:

I wikied him out curiosity and found:

His release date was April 30, 2012.[3] He was arrested for violating his federal probation in December, 2012, when he left the Eastern District of the state of Pennsylvania without permission. He allegedly drove to Connecticut and impersonated the uncle of Adam Lanza, the shooter in the Sandy Hook Elementary School incident.[4]

What a guy :allears:

Did the Lexington DA manage to get his letters screened or not? The stream of lawsuits seems to have subdued (given that he is back in prison).

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.
Make it fine with forty-nine.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Binowru posted:

It has to be that truck he's always going on about (can't think of it offhand :ohdear:)

You mean the Chevy Silverado?

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

You mean the Chevy Silverado?

Negative, he had a Cheyenne.

e: vvvv Yeah I think that's what dude was referencing, anyway. Colored cab light truck.

nub fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 5, 2013

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

nub posted:

Negative, he had a Cheyenne.

Oh his old truck that stolen by the crooked armenian parking lot, not the truck he aspires to own.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
I think it was a 1974 Cheyenne. It's in the early 200's when he goes into detail on that. Sounds like he really loved that truck.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Not with these gas prices - it had two tanks! Talk about gouged at the loving pump.

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003
http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/riches_jonathan_file.pdf

thats easily the most absurd lawsuit from that guy ever, and it owns

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Peter North posted:

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/riches_jonathan_file.pdf

thats easily the most absurd lawsuit from that guy ever, and it owns

Where is the god drat movie about this guy? He's easily the most insane brilliant man, or the most brilliant, bored inmate ever.

It's really hard to pick a favorite line, without just quoting that entire thing.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I'm not sure what this means, for reference.

Crazy beard dude.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Boatswain posted:

I'm not sure what this means, for reference.

Crazy beard dude.

Dude is crazy for sure. I just wish that he had filed a suit against UYD, like Seth tried to do.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

dvorak posted:

Dude is crazy for sure. I just wish that he had filed a suit against UYD, like Seth tried to do.

I don't know, maybe it's more self aware than just pure crazy?

On the other hand he's got no more than 2k viewers on any of his videos.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Episode 275 is amazing.

So many awesome highlights including: a song about LGBT cats, marrying a Diet Dr. Pepper, "My Three Gross-rear end, One Kinda Dope-rear end Gay Dads", Jeans Bars, and horses doing cocaine.

dvorak fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 6, 2013

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
You can't go line-for-line with a horse.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
Just got around to listening to the WTF episode. When they were talking about monetization and all of that, my mind was screaming a reoccurring idea that I desperately hope will be transmitted through my earbuds, into my phone, through the air, and into someone as Rockstar games' ears. I urge you all to transmit this idea whichever way you see fit.

Give UYD a talk radio station on GTAV!

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Rusty Kettle posted:

Just got around to listening to the WTF episode. When they were talking about monetization and all of that, my mind was screaming a reoccurring idea that I desperately hope will be transmitted through my earbuds, into my phone, through the air, and into someone as Rockstar games' ears. I urge you all to transmit this idea whichever way you see fit.

I'm sure all that poo poo is locked down by now, unfortunately.

Although choice quotes like, "I get this journal, it's called Corporate Slaughter News." would fit perfectly.

dvorak fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 6, 2013

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

They could just repurpose actual This Week in Florida as news reports from Liberty City or wherever, no one would know the difference. Man attempts to kill tow truck driver when he doesn't have $2 change, gets run over by fleeing tow truck. Teenage girls lure creepy old dudes over the internet, then rob them at knifepoint. Everyone in the state burns down vehicles, homes and businesses -- their own or their enemies' -- at the slightest provocation. Fits right in!

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

A Violence Gang posted:

They could just repurpose actual This Week in Florida as news reports from Liberty City or wherever, no one would know the difference. Man attempts to kill tow truck driver when he doesn't have $2 change, gets run over by fleeing tow truck. Teenage girls lure creepy old dudes over the internet, then rob them at knifepoint. Everyone in the state burns down vehicles, homes and businesses -- their own or their enemies' -- at the slightest provocation. Fits right in!

Manhunt is underway for fake door to door gynecologist. Described as short and greasy with wet hands.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
What happened to your P's and Q's dog?!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

dvorak posted:

I'm pretty sure he has namecheked them many times in his suits for example: http://www.scribd.com/doc/95670748/zimmerman, also there's this photo:

So, yeah he's a big fan.

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares
It's the dark carnival, dude!

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Al! posted:

I'm pretty sure he has namecheked them many times in his suits for example: http://www.scribd.com/doc/95670748/zimmerman, also there's this photo:

So, yeah he's a big fan.

Well, ok, that's kind of amazing.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

dvorak posted:

Well, ok, that's kind of amazing.

Except for his beard which is freaking me out. He actually looks sane without it though.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Edit: Wrong thread: saw a mention of a horse with the name of Orb on another podcast thread and thought it was horse, weed, mind's eye

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 01:29 on May 8, 2013

SullivanPRIME
Mar 17, 2009

Boatswain posted:

Except for his beard which is freaking me out. He actually looks sane without it though.

Sane might be a bit kind there. Id say it just sorta upgrades him from "Mutant ingrown twin of Charles Manson" to "Average child molester"

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Man, this has been quite a run of episodes.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

CortezFantastic posted:

Man, this has been quite a run of episodes.

The timing has been impeccable lately, and the guys are really in a groove.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Rusty Kettle posted:

I really want something like this to happen now, it doesn't even need to be GTA.

I had an idea a while back for a feature in a Fallout style game, where as the in game weeks or months go along, it comes up with new episodes of 'tales from the Wasteland' podcast or something like that. You have to find out how to tune into the podcast, like an old radio station or something like that, but it would give you game tips on items or quests which would spawn in as the ingame days went along, like a current events sort of thing. I couldn't sleep at the time, so I even came up with a little plot to it.

Get rid of the setting idea to it though, taking just the 'there will be new content ingame to reduce repeats' and you could apply it to GTA or something like that.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

UYD is a weekly analysis of the absurdity of the modern condition already. It's well within the GTA wheelhouse without any tweaking, other than specific references to in-universe fiction.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Does anyone else listen to each new episode twice in a row when it comes out? I'm not sure why I do it, I just always have and feel like I fully get everything when I do.

e: also, did anyone else notice at 46:15 of the newest episode that the audio cuts out as if they did editing? This is the first time I've noticed any editing being done.

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 8, 2013

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I don't do twice in a row, but I definitely do it twice in the first two or three days after an episode comes out. There's a lot to process, and more often than not something will distract me right when they start on a topic that leads to a 10 minute debate/rant. I zone back in, Jonathan is spitting some mad hippie poo poo, and rather than scrub back and try to find where the tangent began I say "I'll have to catch it tomorrow."

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

I figure if I half-listen twice while I'm working or something, I've fully listened once.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Jonathan's stalwart defense of the Dark Carnival takes the cake for me this week.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
That's a great idea, I'm gonna start doing that. Also, the fact that Seth uses the word "Chones" is so legit LA

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
New listener to the cast, coming over from the interview on wtf. I love having new podcasts where you can listen to the whole back catalogue.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Jippa posted:

New listener to the cast, coming over from the interview on wtf. I love having new podcasts where you can listen to the whole back catalogue.

UYD is fresh like that. Make sure you check out their clips from the studio. Their live stuff is alright but Seth is magic in the HBO clips.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
UYD: Two White Roses.

"Did you know that Dan Ackroyd has a younger brother, Peter, who was on the fifth season of Saturday Night Live. Can you imagine how unfunny that guy is?"

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hrkac
May 21, 2004
ISO Hotty Boys ;-*
As if on cue.

"The great pilot-to-series deluge of 2013 has begun. Fox just made its drama orders for next season, and the list includes ... the House-as-defense-attorney drama Rake, starring Greg Kinnear (As Good As It Gets)."

I'll probably watch the pilot just to imagine Seth watching it in some lovely screening room cranking that dial to double negative every 5 seconds.