Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

CPL593H posted:

Don't worry, I can help!

The S.S.Loli-con

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

System Metternich posted:

Godzilla posters

I always liked the poster for Godzilla vs Biollante. Look at this! Radial lines so striking it almost looks like an explosion! It's a monster that's all teeth and spikes!

Nevermind that he looks nothing like that in the movie...

edit:

I really want to know who painted these now. There's something so fantastic about the overhead spotlight lighting, and the fact that everything looks blurry and otherworldly...

edit: Noriyoshi Ohrai
http://www.google.com/search?q=Nori...biw=866&bih=518
Holy poo poo look at some of those. A lot of them are too busy, but the ones that aren't are pretty fantastic.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 11:09 on May 6, 2013

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

UK teaser for The World's End.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

FauxGateau posted:

Yeah, those look pretty sweet. My personal favorite is The Voyage Home, which is surprising, considering that I don't like that movie at all.

Well, double dumbass on you.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
IV had NUCLEAR WESSELS.

HOW CAN ANYBODY HATE ON IV?!?

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Steve Yun posted:

edit: Noriyoshi Ohrai
http://www.google.com/search?q=Nori...biw=866&bih=518
Holy poo poo look at some of those. A lot of them are too busy, but the ones that aren't are pretty fantastic.

:swoon: They might be busy, but they are loving well done.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gonz posted:

IV had NUCLEAR WESSELS.

HOW CAN ANYBODY HATE ON IV?!?

I originally read this as Nuclear Weasels.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Holy poo poo is "An Art House 'Dead Calm'" a bad tagline.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Let's not forget

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Cacator posted:

Let's not forget

They made it look like some kind of colorized B-Grade Fantasy film from the 1940's.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I will never not be amused by 'three stars'.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cacator posted:

Let's not forget

My favorite movie art would be them literally cropping a scene from the movie. Also floating Faye Dunaway faces. I love those...

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

M.Ciaster posted:

These are genuinely beautiful, I'm not even a Star Trek fan but I'd totally hang up one of these on my wall.

For the first time in my life, I actually want to watch something Star Trek related. Give that person a job.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

FauxGateau posted:

My favorite movie art would be them literally cropping a scene from the movie.

If this means Aguirre, that frame in some format is literally the only thing posters of the movie have ever been made of. They're all just that picture.

Also thanks thread for bringing this movie up, I thought after suffering through it the last time I'd never have to see it again.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Desperado Bones posted:

:swoon: They might be busy, but they are loving well done.

Okay, common theme among Ohrai's posters...
- Make a triangular pile of people and things
- Light everything as if there's a harsh spotlight a hundred feet above
- Psychedelic colors to separate groups of people or things

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 6, 2013

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE

Slim Killington posted:

If this means Aguirre, that frame in some format is literally the only thing posters of the movie have ever been made of. They're all just that picture.

Also thanks thread for bringing this movie up, I thought after suffering through it the last time I'd never have to see it again.

That movie is loving great, what are you talking about?

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Slim Killington posted:

For a pretty good forums poster, you have horrendous taste.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.

Pictures not bad, I guess.
But I hate the stupid video-game-grunge they did to the logo.

I refuse to get excited about any [REC] movie after 3. They poo poo on my favorite ff franchise.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

schwenz posted:

Pictures not bad, I guess.
But I hate the stupid video-game-grunge they did to the logo.

I refuse to get excited about any [REC] movie after 3. They poo poo on my favorite ff franchise.

Well, thanks to Somethingawful I can't take anything that says "Get Out" seriously.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
More Man of Steel

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

PaganGoatPants posted:

More Man of Steel

All the promotional stuff is pretty cool, but the fact that they haven't shown us much of anything about what the movie will actually be like could go either way - it could either be an awesome movie or a complete disaster. I'm still apprehensive after Superman Returns.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

All the promotional stuff is pretty cool, but the fact that they haven't shown us much of anything about what the movie will actually be like could go either way - it could either be an awesome movie or a complete disaster. I'm still apprehensive after Superman Returns.

The last trailer showed quite a bit.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

These show a lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5zVB7TZs9I

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh. Yeah, I don't think I'd seen those yet. Those look good, but I'm still not really sure if they tell me if the movie as a whole will be good or not.

They aren't "holy poo poo, I have to see this as soon as possible" trailers, that's for sure.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They aren't "holy poo poo, I have to see this as soon as possible" trailers, that's for sure.

I think the third trailer is totally that, myself.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah the third trailer pretty much sealed that I'm going to give it a shot in the theater, and you can check my post history-- I loving loathe Zach Snyder.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Zack Snyder usually has better trailers than that. For instance, Sucker Punch: the trailer for that was loving insane and I was sure I had to see it. Then I saw it and it was stupid as hell.

I'll still go see this in theaters, but it's not like I'm counting down the days or anything.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Zack Snyder usually has better trailers than that. For instance, Sucker Punch: the trailer for that was loving insane and I was sure I had to see it. Then I saw it and it was stupid as hell.

I don't get this, it was exactly like the trailer, almost too much like the trailer, in fact.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I don't get this, it was exactly like the trailer, almost too much like the trailer, in fact.

Well the trailer was about as long as the movie should have been.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Yep. If Sucker Punch were a five minute music video it would have been amazing but instead they stretched that turd out to an hour and a half. It was like watching someone play a video game except way less interesting because you can't call them a dumbass for loving something up.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

But-but-but the commentary on how we treat women in media!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

mind the walrus posted:

But-but-but the commentary on how we treat women in media!

Somebody must have tricked Scott Glenn into agreeing to be in that.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

FauxGateau posted:

My favorite movie art would be them literally cropping a scene from the movie. Also floating Faye Dunaway faces. I love those...

Here's the orignal, by Richard Amsel

You may know Richard Amsel from these other great hits:

When he's not doing movie posters, he seems to enjoy doing art nouveau illustrations, a little of which you can see in the Faye Dunaway face in Chinatown and the frame around Indiana Jones.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 7, 2013

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

penismightier posted:

For a pretty good forums poster, you have horrendous taste.

Aguirre is one of a handful of classic "you must like this" cinema that I just can't take. I recognize its merit and even celebrate its achievement, but it is absolutely insufferable from end to end. I feel everyone's allowed to have bad films as guilty pleasures, as well as a few classics they're allowed to hate.

Kind Milkman
Sep 3, 2011

Indeed.

Steve Yun posted:

Richard Amsel

I'm not a huge fan of The Sting, but this poster is perfect for it. I've always really liked it.

edit: Quoted the wrong poster. Although the Dark Crystal one is good, it is not what I wanted.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The Sting is a fantastic movie, though.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Slim Killington posted:

Aguirre is one of a handful of classic "you must like this" cinema that I just can't take. I recognize its merit and even celebrate its achievement, but it is absolutely insufferable from end to end. I feel everyone's allowed to have bad films as guilty pleasures, as well as a few classics they're allowed to hate.

Everyone is entitled to like or dislike whatever they want. How can someone else decide what moves you?

I just got this last week and I loved it.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

I'll still go see this in theaters, but it's not like I'm counting down the days or anything.

It's funny that I hear this a lot, because Man Of Steel is the first Snyder trailer that's done anything for me. I remember the Sucker Punch, Watchmen and 300 trailers all made me go 'haha, really?'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

PaganGoatPants posted:

More Man of Steel

The trailers don't seem all that bad and Michael Shannon owns in everything, but I still think Superman is the least interesting superhero ever and I don't get how a Superman movie always gets so much hoopla.