Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Shimrod posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something, but it's Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

e: Hirosaki and Nagashima is killing my head, gah

Derp, had a brain fart typing that. I have a friend whose family name is Hirosaki and that somehow crept in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I went down a dirt road:

a little offroad:

and then found an old train station:

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Kaliber posted:

The Harley

Is that a Corbin seat or a stock one? How does it feel? I want to get a one-up for my Sportster

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

This is after I peeled off the 30 bullet hole stickers :cool:

09 Vstrom. Traded my C50 for it. Cruiser lyfe just wasn't for me.

This is the 5th bike I've had since I started riding 1.8 years ago. I gotta keep it for a long time.

I dig it so far. It feels similar to the 97 R1100GS I briefly had, without the 50,000 miles and crazy parts costs.

Moron story: I ran out of gas on the way to the dealer (about 45 minutes from where I live) to trade (The gas gauge wasn't working like I remembered it working-and it was really windy.) After put-putting it a mile the bike finally conked out in front of a farm/power equipment dealer. I knew they had to have gas, so I went in and begged for a cup of it. Dude gave me the "you are a drat moron running out of gas a mile from the gas station" look but hooked me up.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

How's the SM? If it's yours that is. I'm thinking about getting a drz this summer.

DRZ is great. Good handling, and just plain fun. Not enough power to scare you, but enough to have a good time. Just put a Yoshimura RS2 Carbon full system on it last night.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
Just stopping by to show you all my pair..

2004 ZX6R
2004 CCM 404 DS

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

How's the SM? If it's yours that is. I'm thinking about getting a drz this summer.

Do it. Don't wait any longer. Every minute wasted is a wheelie you'll never pop.

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie
Preparing for a long road trip. Decided to see if I could pack a whole grocery cart into the bike today and was met with success... if not a few odd glances.

Ultra strong! Who needs a big bagger when you've got an 80's tech drag bike?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

If you listen closely, you can hear it laughing as it barfs oil all over the inside of the lower fairing. :negative:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Fifty Three posted:

If you listen closely, you can hear it laughing as it barfs oil all over the inside of the lower fairing. :negative:

You have the a white copy of my helmet :keke:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Fifty Three posted:

Man that helmet also needs to be green or HI-VIS YELLOW with NEON GREEN AND NEON BLUE Highlights/graphics.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

ElMaligno posted:

Man that helmet also needs to be green or HI-VIS YELLOW with NEON GREEN AND NEON BLUE Highlights/graphics.
If the rest of my gear wasn't black/white/blue I definitely would've done that.

Dress for the bike you want, not the bike you have. :smug:

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Moving to California from Austin for work for the summer and decided to stop in Utah and visit some friends, go little ex-500 go.

Note my awesome navigation aid, google maps printouts taped to the tank, it works so why buy a GPS? :smug:

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Is that seriously Utah's slogan "Life Elevated"

O.o

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Shimrod posted:

Is that seriously Utah's slogan "Life Elevated"

O.o

Well, Utah is the 3rd highest state above sea level on average.

So it's technically true. :spergin:

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

darth cookie posted:

Well, Utah is the 3rd highest state above sea level on average.

So it's technically true. :spergin:

Yeah, but .. seriously .. at least make it "The High State" or something.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Shimrod posted:

That goes to Florida or California. :v:

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Shimrod posted:

Look who's talking :P

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

theperminator posted:

Yeah, that one's pretty crap as well, it should be;

"Queensland - 7 in a row"

We also have "The Sunshine State"

I never said ours were good :(

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Sniffing butts with the new addition to the family:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

theperminator posted:

Canadians are so arrogant and snooty.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
First bike checking in! 2008 Ninja 250 with low miles. Bad shot but it's the only one I have so far.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

n8r posted:

How is it not what you want in a bike?

Upright seating with good fuel economy and ABS is what I'm looking for.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Osoyoos crossing?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

At one point it was "Super, Natural, British Columbia," so pick yer poison.

slidebite posted:

Osoyoos crossing?
Oh yeah.

SimplyCosmic
May 18, 2004

It could be worse.

Not sure how, but it could be.

Hit a few northeast Ohio country highways today.

SimplyCosmic fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 7, 2013

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

SimplyCosmic posted:

Your roads...they're so smooth, my god.

So jealous considering my favourite riding road has three wrc-style jumps and several corners with random corrugated seal mid-corner for no reason.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Fifty Three posted:

I had the exact same color scheme. Are your wheels still purple too?

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My sense of scale got all wonky; thought that was a giant motorcycle for a second.

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
A few weekends ago I took a 100 mile country ride through North Texas after installing a Danmoto slip on and homemade fender eliminator.

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

HAIL SATAN, PRINCE OF LIES
What's a slip-on (a type of exhaust?) and what kind of bike is that?

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

Wootcannon posted:

What's a slip-on (a type of exhaust?) and what kind of bike is that?

It's an sv650. A slip-on exhaust means basically just the muffler, the manifolds/pipes remain stock.

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
Yup. I had to cut off the stock exhaust, and the aftermarket muffler clamps on over the cut pipe and hangs from the same mounting point under the passenger peg as the stock one.

2000 SV650 to be exact.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

SimplyCosmic posted:

what roads did you hit, I'm looking for some good riding roads?

Rapner
May 7, 2013

My pride and joy, a '95 Honda RvF400.

She's a bit beat up at the moment after doing 4000km through the Great Dividing Range in late summer/early Autumn and about to go in for new fairings and an engine overhaul.

Edit: Made my image a reasonable size.

Rapner fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 8, 2013

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
So jealous. I'm fighting my 800 shitpile right now.
New regulator, seat, grab bars, headlight assembly, some various nuts and bolts.
Soon to come: all new fairings + fasteners, stock footpegs, rear master cyl, f4i front end, and if I can swing it, maybe some cams and exhaust.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rapner posted:

My pride and joy, a '95 Honda RvF400.

She's a bit beat up at the moment after doing 4000km through the Great Dividing Range in late summer/early Autumn and about to go in for new fairings and an engine overhaul.

Edit: Made my image a reasonable size.

I had an nc30. Do you find that after going for a spirited ride in the country you end up navigating traffic at 7500rpm feeling like you've just snorted some blow?

SimplyCosmic
May 18, 2004

It could be worse.

Not sure how, but it could be.

Slavvy posted:

So jealous considering my favourite riding road has three wrc-style jumps and several corners with random corrugated seal mid-corner for no reason.

We have plenty of those. Ohio roads vary amazingly in their quality, sometimes within even a few miles. I still have to travel a good hour plus to get to the fun roads coming from the very northeast corner of the state.

Flikken posted:

what roads did you hit, I'm looking for some good riding roads

That's route 164 in the photo, which is to the southeast of Canton.

The route I'm looking to take next time is 800 to 183 through Waynesburg then 171 to 43 then to 164.

When I have more than 1 day off, I'll head towards the southeastern part of the state where the roads get far more twisty and technical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Southeast Ohio is the only good part of Ohio I've seen cause it's KY and WV's Appalachia runoff. I took these in the Shawnee State Forest, if you ever make it real south. It had a nice mix of paved and gravel roads thru the hills in the woods, mainly logging roads I think. The only problem was I couldn't tell what was gravel and what was asphalt from a map.