Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
Pawn Idea?

I'm thinking about changing my pawn from Mage > Sorc (Current) > Warrior > Mystic Knight.

Any feedback on why this might be a good/bad idea?

Also, how the gently caress do I kill the Lich King and his mage friend in Tower Cathedral 3?

Edit: Pawn Mage and Sorc nuked the gently caress out of his last health bar and a half in a duo spell cast. Neat.

Ironsolid fucked around with this message at 01:04 on May 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah, big problem: Pawns can't be the hybrid classes (Mystic Knight, Magic Archer and Assassin).

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of hybrid classes, my warrior is about to reach the end of her class and I'm thinking of using a mystic knight or assassin. Leaning toward Mystic Knight unless opinions on them differ.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

RatHat posted:

Yeah, big problem: Pawns can't be the hybrid classes (Mystic Knight, Magic Archer and Assassin).

derp derp derp! You win!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I would like to thank Merchant of Death for renting out my Sorceror Pawn, as I really appreciate the rift crystals (more than I've ever gotten in the game :stare:) and for the bitchin' looking dragonforged robes. You are a peach :allears:

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007
Buttermonster apparently took my pawn for a spin, and gave her some awesome stuff, thanks!

Effect
Jul 31, 2003
So I picked this up on Sunday, after reading the OP and deciding it was worth the $40 AU dollars.

I made a Fighter and the game seems really great so far, I have no idea what i'm doing but I've already made it to Gran Soren, but am I kind of screwed for anything that flies? I can't even kill seagulls!

Added myself to the 360 list, but I still have no real idea on the inclination stuff so they are probably only good for shooting a bow and smashing boxes right now.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Rirse posted:

Speaking of hybrid classes, my warrior is about to reach the end of her class and I'm thinking of using a mystic knight or assassin. Leaning toward Mystic Knight unless opinions on them differ.
Both are viable classes, though for Mystic Knight, you might want to spend some time as a Mage and/or Sorcerer to get some nice Augments, like Magic Damage boosting ones or a Cast Time Reduction one. It's not necessary, but it can be helpful.

Effect posted:

So I picked this up on Sunday, after reading the OP and deciding it was worth the $40 AU dollars.

I made a Fighter and the game seems really great so far, I have no idea what i'm doing but I've already made it to Gran Soren, but am I kind of screwed for anything that flies? I can't even kill seagulls!

Added myself to the 360 list, but I still have no real idea on the inclination stuff so they are probably only good for shooting a bow and smashing boxes right now.
Did you find Quina in Witchwood? I think that's the main missable quest. If you did miss it, you miss out on a few other quests, but none are absolutely necessary.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Nahxela posted:

Both are viable classes, though for Mystic Knight, you might want to spend some time as a Mage and/or Sorcerer to get some nice Augments, like Magic Damage boosting ones or a Cast Time Reduction one. It's not necessary, but it can be helpful.

Did you find Quina in Witchwood? I think that's the main missable quest. If you did miss it, you miss out on a few other quests, but none are absolutely necessary.

King Bay Leafs are necessary :mad:

But yes, Mystic Knights rely more on their magical powers. If you're playing a Mystic Knight and not using magic you might as well just play Fighter instead. Having augments, and stats, from the Mage and Sorcerer are critical to making your Mystic Knight a good one. Also when you upgrade to Great Cannon, you might consider having the skill "Antler Toss" with you. That skill is great for stunning Drakes and Wyrms and is also a better way to get the shotgun effect from your cannons.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

Alacron posted:

I would like to thank Merchant of Death for renting out my Sorceror Pawn, as I really appreciate the rift crystals (more than I've ever gotten in the game :stare:) and for the bitchin' looking dragonforged robes. You are a peach :allears:

I think I ran your pawn through BBI once or close too it, how many crystals did you end up with?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How quick is the health regeneration from the Adept's Robe? Trying to decide between that and the Dragon's Ire(fire shortbow) as my first Moonbeam door.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

RatHat posted:

How quick is the health regeneration from the Adept's Robe? Trying to decide between that and the Dragon's Ire(fire shortbow) as my first Moonbeam door.

Those abilities on the armor aren't exclusive, they're actually random, and if it says "slightly restores," it's not that good, it'll be a subtle overtime thing.

e. I was wrong about the Lv.2 Armor actually. The Lv.3 armors have random effects so I automatically assumed it's the same for Lv.2. After using a bunch of Lv.2 Armor, I can confirm this, they all have low tier effects and aren't random.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 7, 2013

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Thanks for the 20,000 RC =-D

Also, my pawn's inclinations are in order, should be more likely to gently caress poo poo sideways.

Ironsolid fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 7, 2013

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Merchant of Death posted:

I think I ran your pawn through BBI once or close too it, how many crystals did you end up with?

Something like 250,000, and just before I was struggling to get enough to purify the BBI gear that I was finding so thanks again.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

So I am currently farming chests by doing the standard save before opening chests then reloading after - but I am getting the same item every time. Do you have to die every time before you reload? If so got an easy way to kill yourself before getting godsbane?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Were wyverns always able to cast magic? I was surprised when the one in the Fallen City started spamming Lassitude and High Levin. I was also hit by a cursed dragon's breath earlier and my pawn yelled "our meat and vegetables rot!" so apparently in addition to possibly causing curse and poison, the breath rots all of your food items too.

RatHat posted:

It's quicker than the Regeneration augment but I wouldn't count on it to keep you alive in combat. It can be useful to top you off between fights though.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Do the Immortal armor parts all have varying degrees of regen too? They all seem to regenerate HP, but I hadn't actually been checking their descriptions to see if the descriptions varied.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Does placing a port crystal right on top of the drake spawn and porting to the crystal prevent him from spawning? Or does resting in Bitterbark not pass time? I just rested 9 days and ported in - no drake.

E; just realized it doesn't give me the option to rest until morning in bitterbark
E: God swapping to Offline mode makes this so much faster.

Ironsolid fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 7, 2013

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Time doesn't progress with resting in Bitterblack.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

How do you get the windbluff tower Wyvern to land, and how do you make the wyvern outside of Gran Soren spawn?

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

Alacron posted:

Something like 250,000, and just before I was struggling to get enough to purify the BBI gear that I was finding so thanks again.

drat that is a lot. The level 3 gear is fairly pricey to id it's 28,000 for a weapon and 25,000 for armor. I spent 2.5 million RC to collect all 13 items and complete the hellfire/carrion/oblivion sets.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Speaking of tons of RC, is there any good way to make it if you never get rentals? I have gear kinda piling up and farming crystals from monsters isn't very efficient.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

TescoBag posted:

So I am currently farming chests by doing the standard save before opening chests then reloading after - but I am getting the same item every time. Do you have to die every time before you reload? If so got an easy way to kill yourself before getting godsbane?

Sorry to bump - but does anyone have any ideas?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't think there is any easy way to kill yourself other than jumping off a ledge. Maybe the chest is set when you enter the room, so maybe try saving before entering the room? Or exit and save before reentering?

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

I remember before the loot was generated on opening - do you think they may have changed this? It'd be an odd design decision.

I just ran out, then back in and got different loot. How strange!

TescoBag fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 7, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
No idea, I was just guessing.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
No, you can still game the chests if you reload before opening. I know this because I spent 40 minutes trying to get a Dark Lorica at the Everfall once, and managed to get loads of everything the chest could spawn, sans the armor.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Calaveron posted:

No, you can still game the chests if you reload before opening. I know this because I spent 40 minutes trying to get a Dark Lorica at the Everfall once, and managed to get loads of everything the chest could spawn, sans the armor.

In this chest I opened it 10 times and go the ferric hammer every time, then went out and back in and got the scalding razors. vOv mystery.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Just got this game and am having a blast so far. Updated the ps3 guide with my pawns info, will try and grab some goon pawns to use myself. Who knew climbing things and stabbing them in the face could be so satisfying?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

TescoBag posted:

There's an item that will show up in postgame which people always use for killing to reset the chests.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

How do you get the windbluff tower Wyvern to land, and how do you make the wyvern outside of Gran Soren spawn?
Ideally with a ranged attack. Magick Archers are quite good at that. If you don't have a ranged option, you're kind of boned and have to wait for it to come close to you. They'll eventually land, but as to when they'll land? That's hard to say.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
Is there a good character creation guide? I l looked at the height & weight guide. I'm pretty indecisive and I don't want to screw myself over because I'm not tall enough.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Height isn't really that major of a factor. While you get different bonuses on either side, picking one won't be detrimental to enjoying the game.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Count Chocula posted:

Is there a good character creation guide? I l looked at the height & weight guide. I'm pretty indecisive and I don't want to screw myself over because I'm not tall enough.

It's not extremely important, but if you're impatient don't be a dwarf because holy poo poo is the walk speed ever slow.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks for taking Elsa for a spin Das, the gear she came back with is awesome. :unsmith:

Your pawn has now replaced my other warrior pawn.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
Whoever sent my pawn back with a +2 Ascalon is awesome. My noodle-armed sorcerer's been waddling around as a mystic knight, trying to dragonforge my pawn's stupidly heavy armor, and that makes things so much easier.

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I have this same problem and I'm leaning towards the opinion that DA hosed those two. The one to the south of GS doesn't seem to spawn at all anymore and like one other poster wrote earlier the one near windbluff just flies away and descends into the sea causing it to despawn. Try bluemoon tower, there should be one at the top.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I've had the one near Gran Soren spawn in Dark Arisen so it's still possible to encounter one there. Your best bet is Bluemoon Tower though, it's guaranteed to be there.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I've had the one near Gran Soren spawn in Dark Arisen so it's still possible to encounter one there. Your best bet is Bluemoon Tower though, it's guaranteed to be there.

The one at the tower though, is a Dire Wyvern, and it takes weeks to respawn compared to the others. After you beat the Bitterblack boss once, then you'll encounter a lot more dragons, and going to Duskmoon Tower and the Fallen City are your best ways of fighting Wyverns, specifically, they're all Dire Wyverns.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

TescoBag posted:

I was farming a chest for a pair of leggings I picked up before dying to an ogre. I opened it 11 times, 4 pairs of legs, 2 helms, and the rest were 2-3 other piece of armor. I was like 30 steps from the chest on my load.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Ok, here's my rage post. I'm getting gently caress mad. Why in the hell is my Rarefy NPC missing from all locations? I'm at the part where I need to kill the white boss + dragon ghost, does he temporarily dissapear at this part? I need to upgrade my weapon, and he's eluding me!

Edit: Could have editted previous post, woops.

• Locked thread