Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Septimus posted:

I've got a lv.60 archer on the RP server. It's boring as hell over there. Would it be alright if I transfer it over and join the guild?

By all means. Just as long as you can bring your bank account with you, since that doesn't just automatically transfer.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Hey, just a few questions.

Is crafting like WoW where at the top end of it you can make some pretty good stuff that automatically binds to you? Or is there not really a point to raising any kind of crafting?
I've noticed all healing potions share a cooldown, as do all mana potions. Are there other combat items that share cooldowns? Do buff scrolls (increased crit chance, etc) stack or is there only a single buff slot allotted to them? I'd hate to find out the hard way because I am pooooor.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

KaneTW posted:

So Bluehole is working on implementing the best goddamn costumes ever:

Tera cosmetics can apparently be the best thing. :allears:

I'm just really dissapointed the maid outfit was an Elin only thing. Imagine your dapper popori, pipe in mouth, butler-suited up and ready for battle. :3:

As an aside, my main and Slayerr got shunted over to a different server when Valley of Titans closed. Is it still free to transfer characters? I kinda want to play them but playing with DGKK is more fun then solo.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
thanks, that is not at all what it used to be last time I started to do runs

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Anatharon posted:

Tera cosmetics can apparently be the best thing. :allears:

I'm just really dissapointed the maid outfit was an Elin only thing. Imagine your dapper popori, pipe in mouth, butler-suited up and ready for battle. :3:

As an aside, my main and Slayerr got shunted over to a different server when Valley of Titans closed. Is it still free to transfer characters? I kinda want to play them but playing with DGKK is more fun then solo.

Yep, transfer just requires you log into the website, going to your profile, and using the 'character transfer' option. Character needs to be 40+, can't be in a guild, can't have unread mail, can't have outstanding sales/purchases in the broker, and can bring what's on your character (not in your bank) and up to 20k gold. It's a really simple process and has only taken a minute or so every time I've used it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Did the shrimp hat ever come out?

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
So I'm guessing the only viable tanking class is Lancer? Also, what are groups preferences on healers; priests or mystics? And why? (Or, rather, what are the differences they bring in healing)

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

kirbysuperstar posted:

Did the shrimp hat ever come out?

Not yet.

Tensei
Nov 24, 2010

All the 8reaths. All of them.

BambooEarpick posted:

So I'm guessing the only viable tanking class is Lancer? Also, what are groups preferences on healers; priests or mystics? And why? (Or, rather, what are the differences they bring in healing)

Nope, Warriors are perfectly good tanks, and actually have some advantages over lancers in certain fights. There's not a singular preference for one healer over the other in groups. Priests have better heals and an AoE cleanse, Mystics provide the party with better DPS and more mana regeneration. Mystics are also a pain to level, but are arguably more in demand at level 60 than Priests (I definitely prefer Mystics for endgame dungeons).

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
And mystics get to poop balls everywhere!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Goddamn it, Enmasse.

:argh:

Pooptimus Prime
Jun 12, 2005

Need I remind you!? The foolish receive no mercy...
What's the max amount of vanarchy banners you can litter in one area? Are we able to make a trail of them from Lumbertown to Crescentia or is there a specific placement only?

Either way, we clearly just don't have enough yet.

/importantquestions

Straithate
Sep 11, 2001

Bow before the might of the Clarkson!
Okay, I see the thread title, but seriously... is it harder to MW gloves than anything else? I was able to MW the rest of my Regent's armor + weapon with < 4,000 common scrolls but I have probably at this point used 8,000 just on the gloves alone. :argh:

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
It's entirely RNG. Although it seems at times that you'll get that one peice of equipment that loves to eat all the fodder you give it and yet refuse to go up even one plus :argh:

MrBadidea
Apr 1, 2009
MW'd my gloves in about 15 scrolls, and had them enchant from +9 to +12 in 4 attempts :colbert:

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
The legend of Koan, all MES done in under 10 MES on average and possesses the ability to make others MW.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Hey there, so I guess I'm dumb or whatever but how does the Auction House guy work?

On the screen that comes up when I try to put an item up it says there's a minimum price but it seems I can set below that. Does it just auto-correct it to the minimum?

When I am setting the price, that is the negotiating price, right? Like, if I'm online or something someone can negotiate with me? Or something? I don't really get it. How much more is the buyout price over the price I set? I imagine that's what most people will be paying and I want to make sure to put eye catching numbers. (eg. If the lowest BO price is 53g, I could put 52g or 51g but 49g is a lot more attention grabbing when everything else on the page is 50something.)

Is there a way I can put a set number of items on the AH guy? Like, say I have 10 potions but I only want to sell them as a stack of 5, what do I do? It seems to always want to put all of them on there.

Thanks!

Edit: Sweet, thanks Eigo!

BambooEarpick fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 4, 2013

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

BambooEarpick posted:

Hey there, so I guess I'm dumb or whatever but how does the Auction House guy work?

On the screen that comes up when I try to put an item up it says there's a minimum price but it seems I can set below that. Does it just auto-correct it to the minimum?

When I am setting the price, that is the negotiating price, right? Like, if I'm online or something someone can negotiate with me? Or something? I don't really get it. How much more is the buyout price over the price I set? I imagine that's what most people will be paying and I want to make sure to put eye catching numbers. (eg. If the lowest BO price is 53g, I could put 52g or 51g but 49g is a lot more attention grabbing when everything else on the page is 50something.)

Is there a way I can put a set number of items on the AH guy? Like, say I have 10 potions but I only want to sell them as a stack of 5, what do I do? It seems to always want to put all of them on there.

Thanks!

It just sets the minimum price other players have put up by default, you can put lower if you want. The average price can be bullshit because people can list item at 999k now so it might be best to do a search.

When you put it up, you set the negotiate price. Buyout price is 10% with elite, 15% without. If you negotiate, you can buy at 100% of the price and avoid the buyout tax.

To put different numbers up, you hold shift when you drag it to the broker; you should see another number for number of items. Make sure you pay attention when you do this, since I've almost listed items for pennies on the dollar thinking it was quantity. :v:

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012
Let me share a story with you. I played a bit in the open beta but ended canceling my game order due to reasons. When f2p hit I started playing in EU because everyone I knew played here, but by now only one guy hasn't quit the game. I also bought a veteran CD key so that cemented my decision a bit. I always figured that Gameforge can't be that bad and it'll be fine.

I joined a guild when I hit 60 and it struck me as odd that the guild master had basically green and blue gear, even though the guild was pretty old. Turns out her account was recently compromised (items, gear and guild bank gone, people kicked and her accounts transferred to different servers) and she was waiting for a response to her support ticket. After a week Gameforge responded that she isn't getting any items back because they couldn't find any evidence of unauthorized access. Fair enough, it could've been her own fault or something. However, they didn't return the transferred characters nor the cosmetics she had bought with real money. Understandably miffed about this, she sent another ticket asking if she could at least get her characters returned. A few days later, she is IP banned. Apparently, this is still a thing. What the gently caress, Gameforge? :psyduck:

Needless to say, if this doesn't get resolved soon I'll have to seriously consider cutting my losses and going to NA before I've spent a lot of time on my character.

Apparently you guys have Semi-Enigmatic scrolls too in addition to customer support that isn't poo poo. Is the chat censor terrible NA-side? Do you even have a chat censor? It doesn't seem to do much here other than occasionally censor a swear word and usually censors things like "popori" and parts of item and quest names. So yeah. In retrospect, I probably should've listened to literally everybody when they said don't play EU.

Ottumon fucked around with this message at 11:44 on May 12, 2013

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Okay, so I'm new to this game and really enjoying how it plays. Been mostly doing my own thing, exploring, etc. Really enjoying it even if I only have half an idea of what's going on beyond the superficial level.

Just got my first item enchant last night. Is it worth the effort of enchanting stuff too far prior to end game? Seems like I'll be picking up new stuff as I level fast enough that it's just a waste of time.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Only if you have a lot of gold is it worth it. You'll level too fast early on for it to make economic sense. I wasted x amount of gold enchanting that weapon they give you at 16 only to ditch it a few hours later.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It's probably worth doing around level 50 or so if you get that far, for your weaponry at least, due to the exp requirements at that stage. You can get something to +5 or +6 fairly reliably without shelling out too much.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Just started a mystic. Jesus, is this the most boring class or what? Still on noob island but already pretty tired of the class. Does Mystic get combat skills that make it more fun or...

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

BambooEarpick posted:

Just started a mystic. Jesus, is this the most boring class or what? Still on noob island but already pretty tired of the class. Does Mystic get combat skills that make it more fun or...

At 7,76%, the Mystic class is the least played class in all of TERA and one of the most wanted at higher levels because of it.

Also:

Tensei
Nov 24, 2010

BambooEarpick posted:

It's best not to judge a class until you're at least level 20ish and/or have your first dungeon behind you. Many classes unlock essential skills that tie everything together later on: Slayer only starts to click once you can chain every attack into an Overhand Strike at level 18, Warrior only gets Blade Draw/Traverse Cut at 28, and Sorcs completely change their playstyle once you get Burst of Celerity at 48. Healers kind of suck as a soloing experience but are tons of fun in a group setting.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Tensei posted:

It's best not to judge a class until you're at least level 20ish and/or have your first dungeon behind you. Many classes unlock essential skills that tie everything together later on: Slayer only starts to click once you can chain every attack into an Overhand Strike at level 18, Warrior only gets Blade Draw/Traverse Cut at 28, and Sorcs completely change their playstyle once you get Burst of Celerity at 48. Healers kind of suck as a soloing experience but are tons of fun in a group setting.
The answer to BambooEarpick's question is still basically no though. Mystic is really a class for which you should have a buddy to level with because they're terrible to play solo.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Smart Car posted:

The answer to BambooEarpick's question is still basically no though. Mystic is really a class for which you should have a buddy to level with because they're terrible to play solo.

Yes. Don't level a Mystic solo unless you are a literal masochist.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Pierson posted:

It's probably worth doing around level 50 or so if you get that far, for your weaponry at least, due to the exp requirements at that stage. You can get something to +5 or +6 fairly reliably without shelling out too much.

I start enchanting after SM; levels start taking enough time that there's a benefit there, I think.

On that note I recently restarted playing again and created another lancer, because I wanted to mostly solo and I don't mind spending time killing BAMs solo, on top of being easy enough to grab a DPS person hanging around to make it quicker.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Solo leveling a Mystic right now and currently on the level 52 wall.

This is how its been so far:

level 1 to 20 - pretty quick but not a good reflection of how the class plays. You get Volley of Curses at level 14 and Titanic Favour at level 18. These skills change the way you play solo and in a party. At level 20 you will run your first dungeon (Bastion of Lok) and this will be super fun because you will be doing healing/mote support for the whole party. When solo leveling all you will have done up to this point is spam Metamorphic Blast/Smite and squeeze out Sharon Bolts in between cooldowns.

Level 20 to 45 - leveling gets a bit slower but there are generally more exp quests than you need, so you should only do red quests until monsters start to match your level, then do the big yellow quests at the same time as running to the red quest objectives. This gives you fairly steady gear upgrades and you won't need to purchase anything from the trade broker. At level 45 you can do Sigil Adstringo which gives insanely good gear. You will want to run this dungeon multiple times to get superior "bind on pickup" gloves, boots, chest and scepter because they will be miles better than anything that drops or anything you can buy for a long time. It is better than pretty much all gear you can buy on the trade broker up until level 58.

Level 45 to 52 - this is deceptively easy, but you will find that all the quest rewards give gear that is vastly worse than what you already have. I nevertheless found these levels fun because you should have most of the basic glyphs and key skills unlocked. You will be rolling around with a near full arsenal of CCs (including Shara's Lash which is a game changer) and all of the dungeons pretty much rock. At level 50 you get the crit aura so you start transitioning solidly into offensive support. This continues up until level 53 to 54. When you reach level 51 you will start to run out of yellow quests and will need to start doing repeatables. Around about 2/3rds of the way through level 52 I had done all of the yellow quests in all areas around Dragonfall and I still needed quest progression through the dungeons, which have so far been nightmares to pug. The 2x current level dungeon instances are really unforgiving at level 52. I'm still using Sigil Adstringo bind on pickup gear. You will pretty much get one shot by all bosses in Akasha's Hideout (Hard Mode) and Ascent of Saravash.

If you pug the level 52 dungeons, the trinity breaks down alot. If tank doesn't hold aggro, your teleport will rubberband and you will get one shot. If DPS doesn't keep aggro off you, you will get one shot. If you are trying to avoid getting one shot instead of healing, your tank and DPS lose health, stop DPSing and start running around like headless chickens. You will take aggro when you heal and you will get one shot.

Basically, everything is fairly tolerable up until level 52. Then you hit a wall where in my opinion, you should run a premade dungeon group to gear up on Saravash. Pubbing it has been pretty horrible. If nobody wants to run a premade with you in guild or nobody has alts at this level or is willing to lvl 60 rush you, you have to grind repeatables till 54.

Edit: the "I'm helping" picture is incredibly accurate.

Edit 2: you will not do any BAM quests solo unless you are 5 to 10 overleveled. BAMs at current level will one shot or two shot you. Most of them can chain knockdown. Its not pretty. Even if you can do them at current level, you just have to kite around alot and refresh your DoT. It takes ages and is not worth the time or effort. If you make a mistake or your teleport rubberbands, you will probably get one shot. Or you'll get knocked down and then one shot.

Edit 3: if you haven't been doing this already you will need to learn standard positioning for BAM/Boss types. For instance, against Dragon bosses you should always be at right angles to the boss, either side of the rear leg. Otherwise you risk getting one shot by the arc of the breath attack or the tail swipe. As long as your tank and DPS are worth a poo poo, you will never get hit and you will never draw aggro.

Other BAM/Boss archetypes follow different patterns. For example, against Fangspawn the safest place to be is at a diagonal since you can react to the arm spins and front rolls. Getting hit by either = you guessed it! One shot! Don't go horribly out of position to save party members that are too spread out and have horrible positioning. Its their responsibility to stay in aura/heal range without you having to massively overextend. If they don't get it by level 52, its a Darwinian thing.

WanderingKid fucked around with this message at 17:04 on May 6, 2013

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Tensei posted:

This doesn't happen at all for Mystics. Same 2 attacks until 60.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Yes but its a support class and as you level up, you get game changing support skills at certain intervals. Mystic doesn't really click until you get a near full array of CC, notably Sonorous Dreams, Mire and Shara's Lash plus Aura of the Merciless (the one that doubles crit rate).

At that point the game gives you alot of the tools you need to disable monsters so you can get in close, drop Wrath buff and mana motes. The CC and amped party wide crit rate helps you to reset aggro if it turns bad. It shouldn't turn bad but unless you power through the game in a Desu twink overleveled supergroup, its going to happen.

Mystic is alot of fun when you get to use the CC, the healing support and the offensive support in unison. But solo leveling outside of dungeons will never change. You glyph all your direct damage abilities and spam Sharon Bolt/Metamorphic Blast/Metamorphic Smite and refresh Volley of Curses whilst kiting forever. Its not great. Its much more fun to play in a party. Once you get Volley of Curses at level 14, your solo game pretty much does not change at all. But your party support game gets really good. This is not much consolation if you party up with bad randoms.

WanderingKid fucked around with this message at 17:26 on May 6, 2013

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Wooo! At 53 you can do Skygarden which is super fun, drops nice loot and has decent xp. Its also much easier than Saravash and Akasha's HM as a cloth class.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WanderingKid posted:

Yes but its a support class and as you level up, you get game changing support skills at certain intervals. Mystic doesn't really click until you get a near full array of CC, notably Sonorous Dreams, Mire and Shara's Lash plus Aura of the Merciless (the one that doubles crit rate).
None of this is relevant to the solo leveling experience, which is the thing that I'm describing.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
what kind of nutjob judges a mystic by their solo experience?

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008
The nutjob that has to deal with it to get to the good stuff? Unless you have a static leveling buddy or are willing to pair up with random people, you're probably going to have to solo a fair bit.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Hey there, so, two things.

1) I am Tussin on Mt. Tyrannasaurus-Rex server. I'm like 37 or something? Maybe 38? Anyway, if you want potions made (low level-ish stuff) then I can take care of that for you. Send me whatever and I'll mail you back potions; I only ask that you foot the bill for mats because this is my main and I'm poor.

2) How the gently caress do I connect with Heart Strike? Jesus.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

BambooEarpick posted:

How the gently caress do I connect with Heart Strike? Jesus.

Stand back or try to hit a big enough target. Also helps if you aim a little bit to the right so that the hitbox is right on.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

nehezir posted:

what kind of nutjob judges a mystic by their solo experience?
I dunno maybe it's related to the poster unambiguously asking about it, you stinky goon.

Yakumo posted:

The nutjob that has to deal with it to get to the good stuff? Unless you have a static leveling buddy or are willing to pair up with random people, you're probably going to have to solo a fair bit.
Yuuuuup

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 10:38 on May 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tensei
Nov 24, 2010

I wouldn't put too much stock in how much fun the soloing experience of a particular class is, because honestly, once the novelty of the combat system wears off, endlessly repeating the same couple of yellow quests will suck no matter what you're playing. I might be slightly biased having 4 level 60s, but to me the bulk of the games content lies in endgame PvE, which happens to be something a Mystic excels at. Not to mention that the gold/gear grind at level 60 will likely take up more time than the actual leveling of a character.

Tensei fucked around with this message at 12:01 on May 7, 2013

• Locked thread