Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
My brother was nice enough to see reason (for a change), and let me get FPR. However, during the "copy data from USB" step for carrying over a save, he's freaking out that it'll delete everything. I've never done it before, so I don't know the answer. Do I need to back all the other data up first, or can I copy/paste without fear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Antitonic posted:

My brother was nice enough to see reason (for a change), and let me get FPR. However, during the "copy data from USB" step for carrying over a save, he's freaking out that it'll delete everything. I've never done it before, so I don't know the answer. Do I need to back all the other data up first, or can I copy/paste without fear?

The only thing it will overwrite is any existing FPR save. You're safe.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It will only overwrite a Fire Pro Save.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Can anyone make some good reccomendations for CAWs and what not on WWE 13 for 360? Been messing around going off the top charts and a few searches, but not as satisfied as I feel like I could be.

I'm probably going to use Universe Mode to just make a straight up Joshi division, no idea what else.

Jefferoo fucked around with this message at 21:18 on May 2, 2013

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

Jefferoo posted:

Can anyone make some good reccomendations for CAWs and what not on WWE 13 for 360? Been messing around going off the top charts and a few searches, but not as satisfied as I feel like I could be.

I'm probably going to use Universe Mode to just make a straight up Joshi division, no idea what else.

Check out Smacktalks' YouTube channel. He highlights the best creations for both systems.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bastion Booger and PAC beat Bob Sapp and Rampage Jackson in the finals of a completely randomly-generated FUCKLEMANIA tag tournament in Fire Pro last night. Game of the year.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I just tried out the tournament mode which had Kikutaro KO Daisuke Sekimoto in the first round, pin Lioness Asuka in the second after a shining wizard, only to get tapped by Cena's STFU in the final.

I was Cactus Jack and got DQ'd in the second round because I didn't stop forking Cena in the head before the 5 count. :saddowns:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I bought No Mercy (and Shaq Fu) today at a flea market! :toot:

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
WWE '13 update: Nakamura from NJPW who is my current Senpai Girls Pro Men's Champion in Universe Mode just interfered in a Rock vs. Cena match on Main Event, delivering finishers on both of them and ending the match in a no-contest. Amazing.

Also William Regal just squashed Biker Taker by submission on the opening of Smackdown. Then at Extreme Rules, Team Rhodes Scholars beat Hell No for the Tag titles, then Rhodes beat Wade for the IC title in a single night. Amazing.

Jefferoo fucked around with this message at 02:57 on May 5, 2013

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Snacksmaniac posted:

I bought an N64 adapter for PC and have been playing No Mercy hacks but the community is really strange. People can't spell when they make new menus. And often, the move hacks seem to contradict each other
I really want a new No Mercy :smith: Fire Pro is great, but I don't know if the grapple system would translate to full 3-D.

Your answer can be found in King Of Colosseum Green/Red and the sequel. It's not without its faults and a hell of a lot harder to navigate (without knowing Japanese or a good translation FAQ), but it was quite good once you understood the controls. Spike really could have benefited from sharing the development with someone like AKI for the animation fluidity/graphics and putting their efforts into the base gameplay. Here's a gameplay video of Lyger vs Hayabusa (note how the NJPW guys have their legit themes).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmVDu2rid90

Having FPR available on the PSN store is fantastic. Hopefully those looking for a deep and enjoyable game won't be put off by the two-dimensional sprites, which are half the charm of the series. I have a few issues with the US version (all the Japanese voice samples still exist but aren't accessible in CAW, annoying misspelled/incorrectly labeled item and move descriptions etc.) and have my own PS2 copy with Joe's painstakingly created (and superior) english translation patch, so I'll probably give this a miss. I encourage everyone else to grab it though, as the gameplay is still the same and save game/edit packs won't be so frustrating to acquire.

The Fire Pro series could have a lot of potential as a PSN/Live Arcade/Steam title, if Spike were willing to bring it back. Start with the initial release, add online play and community creations. Then follow in the vein of Fire Pro D with additional wrestler head/clothing/move edit DLC packs. It's one of the very few things I'd gladly throw down money for, if Spike proposed some form of Kickstarter project.

FullMetalJackoff fucked around with this message at 07:37 on May 5, 2013

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

FullMetalJackoff posted:

Your answer can be found in King Of Colosseum Green/Red and the sequel. It's not without its faults and a hell of a lot harder to navigate (without knowing Japanese or a good translation FAQ), but it was quite good once you understood the controls. Spike really could have benefited from sharing the development with someone like AKI for the animation fluidity/graphics and putting their efforts into the base gameplay. Here's a gameplay video of Lyger vs Hayabusa (note how the NJPW guys have their legit themes).

I would play this just for the Japanese announcers.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I have KoC Green and KoC II. It's cool and I appreciate a lot of the grappling engine, but the language barrier is too tough. The fairly easy multi and customization modes made No Mercy for me.
Time to download another bad No Mercy mod and sigh in disappointment.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
I was really pleased last year when I fired up my PS2 and it turned out my copy of KoC 2 was there. I've never really ventured out of playing the exhibition modes considering the roster was pretty stacked as is but I felt it really did successfully work as a 3D version of Fire Pro.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Okay so I was simming a tag tournament and DDP & Kanyon vs. Harlem Heat has been at 99:59 for 3 real life minutes right now and I haven't seen anything close to a 2.9 yet. Help.

Edit: It ended in a Double Count a couple minutes later.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 08:16 on May 6, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Raeg posted:

I was really pleased last year when I fired up my PS2 and it turned out my copy of KoC 2 was there. I've never really ventured out of playing the exhibition modes considering the roster was pretty stacked as is but I felt it really did successfully work as a 3D version of Fire Pro.
I managed to pick up a copy of it off of eBay some years ago (my first purchase from there even). Most fun I had with a PS2 wrestling game since Here Comes The Pain.

Once, I had an awesome match with Misawa (using my own wrestler) where he he kicked out of 3 finishers and eventually managed to pin him with a fireman's carry.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
I wrote MDickie an email a while back detailing how a couple things in Wrestling Revolution HD were utterly broken, and in his new update it looks like he improved on them - the post-match Twitter feed has some new content and the cage A.I. has been improved, apparently. What a weird loving game.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Jefferoo posted:

I wrote MDickie an email a while back detailing how a couple things in Wrestling Revolution HD were utterly broken, and in his new update it looks like he improved on them - the post-match Twitter feed has some new content and the cage A.I. has been improved, apparently. What a weird loving game.

Yep, love this feature, not sure as to why. I wish ol Dickie made a dedicated PC version dammit!

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
Anyone with FPR able to give suggestions on the best settings for good sim matches? I've been starting up a league of created wrestlers, and I seem to be getting a lot of squashes. Those are fun every now and again, but get real boring real quick.

I was thinking of boosting everyone's defensive stats, but I'm not sure if that would mess with the AI.

I just want my dudes to put of five star clinics all the time. Is that so much to ask?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I'm assuming the 3DS version of WWE All Stars is terrible. Is it? I want some rasslin on my spankin' new 3DS, and my copy of Fire Pro Advance 2 won't fit :saddowns:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Minidust posted:

I'm assuming the 3DS version of WWE All Stars is terrible. Is it? I want some rasslin on my spankin' new 3DS, and my copy of Fire Pro Advance 2 won't fit :saddowns:

There was a WWE All Stars for 3DS?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

KungFu Grip posted:

There was a WWE All Stars for 3DS?
Yes.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

it's actually much better than you'd expect it to be, fairly comparable to its console counterparts. it also has all the characters that were console DLC in by default as unlockables.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 8, 2013

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Mdickie made a character referencing David Foster Wallace? Did not see that coming.

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

So Saints Row 4 has a Stone Cold Stunner melee attack.

Yep.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I hope I'll be able to import the Stone Cold character I made in Saints Row 3 then since it's the same engine/assets.

Eckertmania
May 11, 2007

"'Hey, a computer took your place, daddy.' That's hard times! That's hard times!"

Needs More Jazz posted:

Anyone with FPR able to give suggestions on the best settings for good sim matches? I've been starting up a league of created wrestlers, and I seem to be getting a lot of squashes. Those are fun every now and again, but get real boring real quick.

I was thinking of boosting everyone's defensive stats, but I'm not sure if that would mess with the AI.

I just want my dudes to put of five star clinics all the time. Is that so much to ask?

Mess with the CPU logic until you like how the matches go. For pins, I usually go with 3/10/3 for the percentages (I use my ending logic for getting the finisher/pin). Also, if you're trying to make a submission expert, you can't just have them only work the limb due to how physical/spirit damage works; you need to do both to get a submission, and most moves that work a limb only do spirit damage...which you get back from not tapping to a submission hold or kicking out of a pin.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Saints Crow posted:

So Saints Row 4 has a Stone Cold Stunner melee attack.

Yep.

:bahgawd: STUNNER STUNNER STUNNER

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Quasipox posted:

That is a very Rock-style stunner.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Saints Row 4 has wrestling moves in it?!?! Amazing! Unprecedented!

I just hope it has fun in it :chord::hf::thumbsup:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That joke would have been funny if Saints Row the Third hadn't legitimately been the most fun game of 2011.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Sweeney Tom posted:

That joke would have been funny if Saints Row the Third hadn't legitimately been the most fun game of 2011.

Saints Row 3 is the worst Saints Row game ever made though...

4 looks fine though, super powers sure why not?

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Judakel posted:

That is a very Rock-style stunner.

Looks more like a Mac Stunner to me.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

FishBulb posted:

Saints Row 3 is the worst Saints Row game ever made though...

4 looks fine though, super powers sure why not?

Son, stop stating these things like they're facts. You are a crazy person.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

BlueArmyMan posted:

Looks more like a Mac Stunner to me.

Mac just kinda falls and the bounce isn't as great. I love the fact No Mercy actually took the time to animate a separate stunner for Vince.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Judakel posted:

Mac just kinda falls and the bounce isn't as great. I love the fact No Mercy actually took the time to animate a separate stunner for Vince.

I always thought the Stone Cold Stunner used both arms, and the Mac Stunner used one. I was probably thinking of the No Mercy animations though v:shobon:v

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Judakel posted:

It's a fact proven by science. SR2 was the best one. 3 was pretty disappointing after 2. Sorry you're a bad scientician.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Judakel posted:

FishBulb speaketh truthiness.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Listen you heathens, SR2 was just another GTA clone with boring missions and boring side missions. SR3 actually had fun, interesting, varied missions (albeit too few) and better writing. It was funnier and there was more fun stuff to do that didn't involve a truck full of poo.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Quasipox posted:

God these models and animations still look like poo poo?

edit: saints row 3 bad game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

BlueArmyMan posted:

I always thought the Stone Cold Stunner used both arms, and the Mac Stunner used one. I was probably thinking of the No Mercy animations though v:shobon:v

It does, but the Rock stunner uses one arm like Mac and he actually looks to be pulling down on the guy instead of just falling.

• Locked thread