Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Sort of cross posting from the DBZ thread...

I'm not sure whether you guys would be interested in these since manga is not strictly the same as comics, or if they've been discussed already but I just got my Bandai Figuarts Future Trunks figure, and let me tell you--it loving rocks. Future Trunks has always been a favorite of mine, and I've wanted a figure of him since I was a little kid, and by God does this toy deliver everything I could want.

It comes with both a standard and a super saiyan head, each with 4 different facial expressions you can swap out, for a total of 8 faces. It comes with seven different sets of hands in various positions, a removable scabbard for his sword, and even a tiny broken sword to fit into the scabbard or use to pretend Android 18 just broke it.

Overall, there's really nothing negative I could say about the figure. The painting is really great, zero bleeding or fading, the articulation is insane (I guess it would've been nice if he could hold his sword with both hands, but oh well), and the amount of stuff he comes with is pretty spectacular considering the super saiayan Goku figure only comes with one head and two faces and no other accessories besides his hands, and the detail is great. His little Capsule Corp logo is spot on, and he even has the treads on the bottom of his boots.

The other DBZ Figuarts toys are pretty great too, but they're all insanely expensive except SSJ1 Goku right now. I'd love the Comic-Con Gohan, Piccolo, and maybe Cell, but I can't justify $60-100 for each one. Trunks himself was around $45 and that was already stretching it for a toy, although I don't regret it.

From the looks of it, they're planning on releasing a standard (non SSJ) Goku with an absolutely perfect facial sculpt, so I might wait for that one.

edit: Pics!

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
I saw the "Man of Steel" Movie Masters figures today, they look pretty decent.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jace Madan posted:

I saw the "Man of Steel" Movie Masters figures today, they look pretty decent.
Likewise, the rest of the Marvel Legends "Iron Man" wave is out at Target now - I saw Ultron, Iron Man 3 "Mk 42 Iron Man" and Iron Man 3 "Iron Patriot" and they're all pretty neat. I scooped up the Mk 42 and Iron Patriot figures - if anyone wants the Iron Monger build-a-figure pieces, I've got no use for them. :)

ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

You look like a Cracker Jack box with a bad prize inside
I would be willing to make a trade for them my man, e-mail me at servomst3k AT msn DOT com and I'll tell you about some good stuff I know you'll want.

edit: By the way, Jet Ready Go are you still interested in my Batman Returns figures? If you don't e-mail me by tonight I'm gonna offer them to someone else. Remember they're free of course.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

ServoMST3K posted:

I would be willing to make a trade for them my man, e-mail me at servomst3k AT msn DOT com and I'll tell you about some good stuff I know you'll want.

edit: By the way, Jet Ready Go are you still interested in my Batman Returns figures? If you don't e-mail me by tonight I'm gonna offer them to someone else. Remember they're free of course.

was there someone else in line? If not, line me up please.

ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

Sure, I thought he was gonna e-mail me last week but since he hasn't they're yours. E-mail me your info at servomst3k AT msn DOT com and its as good as sent.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

I went ahead and picked up the Movie Masters Supes and Zod. They are quite a bit bigger than the Green Lantern MM, but about right to scale with the Batman MM. I like the headsculpt of the series 2 Zod in Armor better than the series 1 sculpt, but I have no idea how hard he will be to find, and I want at least 1 Zod.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

ServoMST3K posted:

Sure, I thought he was gonna e-mail me last week but since he hasn't they're yours. E-mail me your info at servomst3k AT msn DOT com and its as good as sent.

Thanks for the toys, by the way, they arrived safe and sound and hilarious. You've made some nephews very happy.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

ServoMST3K posted:

Is that your paypal for some shipping monies? I'll just send it that way.

ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Thanks for the toys, by the way, they arrived safe and sound and hilarious. You've made some nephews very happy.

Ha, no problem dude. Glad the kids are giving the wrestle-fest figures a good home!

Bushifox posted:

Is that your paypal for some shipping monies? I'll just send it that way.

That is indeed my paypal. Make sure to send me your shipping address too.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So it looks like Max Factory finally got their US rights snafu cleared up and BBTS is going to be getting a shipment of Figma Link & Samus. So... are they worth it?

On the one hand they look really freaking nice, but on the other it's still Figma. I've heard enough horror stories from Madoka & Fireball collectors to put me off, but drat if they're not still tempting. Any first-hand reports?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 6, 2014

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
The usual stories seem to be one of three things: The joints are poo poo (either too floppy to stand or so tight they snap off), plastic being brittle enough that it snaps in the first 20 minutes (definitely the most common among Drossel & Madoka buyers), and bad paint apps (i.e. "why is her pupil halfway down her cheek?").

Also, the best 6-inch figures are clearly S.H.Figuarts, so you best back off son.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 6, 2014

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I own both and they're both amazing. The only bad thing is getting the sword in Link's hand makes me think I'm going to break it. Of the 5 figma I own only one has had any sort of problem and that was fixed with the old superglue on the balljoint trick.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Figmas are pretty fine. Though their clear plastic is fragile and if you want to put something in a hand, hair dryer it first or be careful. None of that applies to Samus though and as one of the biggest figmas, you don't have to worry about hamhanding thin plastic.

P.S. I've broken a few figma parts and multiple stands. The only one I'd blame GSC for is Tohsaka Rin's hair.

vkeios fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 5, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My haul in the last two weeks

Matty Collector Superman and Zod, DC Direct New 52 Jim Lee Superman bust, DC Direct Lee Bermeijo Superman Statue and the DC Direct Man of Steel 1:6 statue.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

So what you're trying to tell us is... you like Superman?

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Xenomrph posted:

They probably don't even need to be super

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

Meh, he's okay.

ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

They put the pics for the Bebop and Rocksteady TMNT Classics figs online, just in case some of you fine gents haven't seen em:

By the way I sent out the figs, check your e-mail for tracking info if you talked to me about the Batman/other figs

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Hasbro's first Comic-Con exclusive has been announced, and it's Black Series Boba Fett wtih Carbonite Han Solo.

$44.95 at the con, and good luck getting it

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Gann Jerrod posted:

Hasbro's first Comic-Con exclusive has been announced, and it's Black Series Boba Fett wtih Carbonite Han Solo.

Oh poo poo, I've been looking forward to the Black series.

I am not looking forward to eBay prices on this though shitttt.

And this is one I pretty much have to have.

ShimSham fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 7, 2013

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

ServoMST3K posted:

They put the pics for the Bebop and Rocksteady TMNT Classics figs online, just in case some of you fine gents haven't seen em:

By the way I sent out the figs, check your e-mail for tracking info if you talked to me about the Batman/other figs

Got it DUDE.

Also, those look really neat. I think I need to go back and get the classic turtles now. Did they make a classic shredder?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Bushifox posted:

Got it DUDE.

Also, those look really neat. I think I need to go back and get the classic turtles now. Did they make a classic shredder?

Nope just the turtles, in some really large scale that fits with nothing.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

ShimSham posted:

Oh poo poo, I've been looking forward to the Black series.

I am not looking forward to eBay prices on this though shitttt.

And this is one I pretty much have to have.

The good news is that Boba Fett will be sold by himself later in the year, so this is just for people who are impatient (like me).

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Gann Jerrod posted:

The good news is that Boba Fett will be sold by himself later in the year, so this is just for people who are impatient (like me).

That's true, but is it confirmed he'll be out within the year? Also, I bet Han in carbonite will be harder to come by later and I'd bet the jetpack will be the ROTJ paint job or something.

If they start releasing Black scale vehicles I'll likely die a poor man.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

ShimSham posted:

That's true, but is it confirmed he'll be out within the year? Also, I bet Han in carbonite will be harder to come by later and I'd bet the jetpack will be the ROTJ paint job or something.

It's been said that we'll get two waves in 2013. I haven't seen anything saying Fett is in wave 2 though. Also I gotta agree, we'll probably get the ROTF scheme first; but I don't think there's any way Hasbro will skip selling ESB Boba for retail.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

therealjon_ posted:

Nope just the turtles, in some really large scale that fits with nothing.

They're going too right? I remember reading that they're going to make Shredder and Kraang, and I remember it because I really, really want a Kraang 80's suit model that is up to that quality.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

That Boba Fett looks pretty sharp. My sister is going to SDCC, hopefully she can pick one up for me.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

ShimSham posted:

If they start releasing Black scale vehicles I'll likely die a poor man.

That is if they even release Han in carbonite later.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Reinanigans posted:

Sort of cross posting from the DBZ thread...

Yeah, S.H. Figuarts are THE poo poo. Once you go Figuarts, you never go back, etc etc.

I'm super hype for the Freeza that bluefin will be bringing stateside sometime this year. :)

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Yeah, S.H. Figuarts are THE poo poo. Once you go Figuarts, you never go back, etc etc.

I'm super hype for the Freeza that bluefin will be bringing stateside sometime this year. :)

I just want a standard Goku, though I'm sad it wont come with a SSJ head. I also think I'm going to need their Iron Man figure too.

Also, my birthday is this month so I'm asking some friends to get me the Figma Link and Samus. I saw those things running for over $180 sometimes, so $50 bucks is looking mighty sweet.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Gann Jerrod posted:

I'm morbidly curious about the price graph of that thing on Ebay over the next year

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Are there any good websites for sightings of things like Marvel Legends? TFW seems to have a good sightings section for transformers and I'm looking for something similar.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Reinanigans posted:

I just want a standard Goku, though I'm sad it wont come with a SSJ head. I also think I'm going to need their Iron Man figure too.

Also, my birthday is this month so I'm asking some friends to get me the Figma Link and Samus. I saw those things running for over $180 sometimes, so $50 bucks is looking mighty sweet.

Figma Link is OK but that Samus? not worth $100, not a chance.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I would love those classic turtles but at $20/CDN per figure it's asking a little much.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Ka0 posted:

Figma Link is OK but that Samus? not worth $100, not a chance.

Really? Samus was the more expensive of the two, actually. I'm curious why you think she's not worth it. I mean, I agree $100 is too much, but is there anything wrong with the figure? I guessed people liked Samus more between the two.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

MrFlibble posted:

They're going too right? I remember reading that they're going to make Shredder and Kraang, and I remember it because I really, really want a Kraang 80's suit model that is up to that quality.

What they told me at Toy Fair when I asked that same question is they are testing the waters with Bebop and Rocksteady being super-articulated figures. If it does well they will look into more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

therealjon_ posted:

What they told me at Toy Fair when I asked that same question is they are testing the waters with Bebop and Rocksteady being super-articulated figures. If it does well they will look into more.

Oh god, I haven't bought Turtles toys since I was a kid but if they made a super articulated Krang with his giant pinhead robot body I'd plotz. Wiggling brainy tentacle bits :cthulhu: